Reminder that Tim Burton achieved in one movie what Nolan failed to achieve with an entire bloated trilogy

Reminder that Tim Burton achieved in one movie what Nolan failed to achieve with an entire bloated trilogy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OOwUwzNWYK4
youtube.com/watch?v=WeOHFwpOS-c
youtube.com/watch?v=C-m0ehT3_mo
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
youtube.com/watch?v=TfL-b6u_LsM
youtu.be/EB-fSOds9AU
youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Batman Returns > Batman > Batman Begins >The Dark Knight > Batman 1966> Batman Forever > Batman and Robin > Dark Knight Rises

Nice double trips and nice ranking.

for you

This. He got the origin, the Joker fight and he solved the crime of his parents. All in one fucking movie.

I would consider this bait if it wasn't so accurate.

Probably the best Batman film. Cool, gothic atmosphere, excellent portrayal of the Joker, Michael Keaton's performance as Batman makes him more realistic and human, Danny Elfman's score, the unusual set-pieces, etc. Not bad.

Exactly. Still the best Batman movie.

Batman>BvS >TDK>Batman Returns>Batman Begins>Batman Forever>B&R>TDKR

General reminder that this is still better than the 1989 movie and everything that came after it to this day and it's just a fucking cartoon.

This scene is goat.
youtube.com/watch?v=OOwUwzNWYK4

That's a nice poster, op. Is it official?

Dubtrips confirm

The older I get, the more I prefer Burton's Batman movies over Nolan's. Which I can't believe I'm saying.

Burton's Gotham was amazing.

Yeah, Jack Nicholson '89 is an ok movie. Wish they'd put the Joker in it though.

Best animated Batman for sure, but the 89 live action is arguably better. Phantasm nails Bruce/Batman, great Joker, actually pulls of the love interest story, good mob angle but ultimately falters with the predictable ending making it come just short of perfection imo.

That one scene is better than any scene in the entire Dark Knight trilogy. Holy fuck, thank you based Burton.

you wouldn't hit a man with glasses would you :D

Get lost. Nicholson's creepy and funny.
youtube.com/watch?v=WeOHFwpOS-c

That isn't a good scene. It's 50% Danny Elfman's fantastic score for the movie, so that isn't really doing it justice.

Are you aware that literally every great scene in the cinema history is 50% someone's great score? From the Imperial battleship crawling over space in Star Wars to the Rohirrim's charge.

Literally the perfect Batman movie. Stunning city, coolest Batman costume, best Alfred, the batmobile isn't a fucking tank, keeps both hero and villain in the spotlight without boring subplots and doesn't try to be 2deep with all kinds of psychological bullshit.

GOAT score. Didn't get Batman/Bruce right though but no one has besides BTAS, Keaton was poor.

This is the best Batman film.

A Batgirl falls in love with Batman.

Unable to confess, she is gifted by a deus ex machina with the millionaire orphan's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, she immediately calls him, and is overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on her as well.

But, the next day, when she recounts the previous day's confessions to Bruce Wayne, he only looks at her with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, she finds out that the man she called is not the same vigilante she fell in love with. In fact, he doesn't exist in this universe at all. He is the alternate universe counterpart of her crush, who has fallen in love with her AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of his crush.

Hijinks ensue as they strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip each other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of BATSEX.

youtube.com/watch?v=C-m0ehT3_mo

best batman theme to date

why dont they just rip off Sup Forums for idea? our ideas and story boarding is a million times better than those fucks in hollywood.

Nobody likes your shitty meme, Sup Forums.

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/

Correct ranking. Impressive, I rarely see a list with 8 elements correctly ordered.
Though plane scene > all .

I miss when comic adaptations didn't have to be as dull as possible to seem "realistic"

Burton's movies had the best live-action depiction of Gotham

Danny Elfman was on point as well

seems about right

ALWAYS FINDS A WAY

Just cause they fit a bunch more shit into a single movie doesn't make it better. Nolan's work is leagues above Tim Burton's.

If fitting a bunch of shit into a movie made it better, than Batman vs Superman should have been the greatest superhero film this year.

>Paul Dini included Keit-ai into the Killing Joke storyline

is there a way to DL the whole thing as a epub?

that is a helluva cool poster i must say.

danny elfman makes the burton batman gold. returns is still my fave bat-kino.

Burton's Batman actually had less shit than what Nolan had in his, but what he did have, he did much better than Nolan did. It's quality over quantity.

>Just cause they fit a bunch more shit into a single movie doesn't make it better.
That's exactly what Nolan did, did you even watch Burton's ones?

They're incomparable.

youtube.com/watch?v=TfL-b6u_LsM

I love the Burton films but in a single exchange Nolan delivered what Batman was all about, I'm talking about decades of comics and films - all that building up of a mythos - beautifully summarized in one sentence.

holy fucking grail right here. good on you user.

I just rewatched this last week and the whole film was of far lower quality per scene. This whole movie felt awkward. Why is there dudes who look like they're from an Ice Tee music video in a Gothic Era Gotham? Why does it seem like a jumbled mess of culture and technology from different eras? It's different, but makes the whole film feel campy.

I've probably watched it a dozen times since I was a kid and it just never really grabbed me.

>I've probably watched it a dozen times since I was a kid and it just never really grabbed me.
What did he mean by this?

Ok what I meant was whatever OP was talking about.

it was a love letter to the silver age batman. then er got full retard schumacher bats, nolans Denny O'Neil batman, now we are in the GRIMDARK KNIGHT of muhammad bin Aflk.

I just want this whole pissed in bowl of cornflakes capeshit to be done. I like capeshit, i really do, but its just been a nonstop SWAP.AVI fountains of shit with nothing good about them.

DOUBLE TRIPS OF ULTIMATE TRUTH

What is the image from?

Grimdark is far from what superhero movies are. Unless you consider saving large amounts of people from a deadly super villian grimdark.

You probably consider a film gritty because the joker didn't look directly into the camera and make a corny ass joke.

i don't remember being this bothered by bale's batman voice

as someone who disliked the dark knight rises, it is not that bad of a movie. It's just so disappointing especially compared to the previous one that it deserves all the shit it got, but I wouldn't rank it last. Bane is a good villain and a good actor, batman is the same as ever, catwoman is good as well. Most of the problems come from the talia al ghul plot and the way they handled everything related to the nuclear bomb reveal. And the final cops melee.

what part of batman vs superman wasnt grimdark?

batman shooting people to death?

Batman vs Superman and Man of Steel are two superhero films out of a dozen or so, and lowly rated ones too.

Obviously the Aquaman video was the comic relief.

I watched that, but I can't remember it

there was a huge hole where ledger's joker was supposed to be, like he was cut out of it making it this weird stalinesque film where the main actor is cut out for being an enemy of the people.

they never rewrote it to explain where joker went.

Trips confirms. Official power ranking of Batman.

>there was a huge hole where ledger's joker was supposed to be, like he was cut out of it making it this weird stalinesque film where the main actor is cut out for being an enemy of the people.
>they never rewrote it to explain where joker went.

yup... even if you watch Nolan's commentary, he stated the joker was supposed to be pivatol in the third movie...

batman was supposed to die saving the joker (after saving gotham)... essentially showing how different he was (and this is after he gets his redemption and stops being nihilistic)...

sounds like it would have been a cool movie.

>predictable ending
Joker (without the extra season and comic recon) was taken away to be killed and Bruce truly lost Andrea and all hope for a happy life. The movie ends with Bruce hanging his head down in depression that he fucked everything up by being Batman.

It usually happens when you approach your 30's and you stop being impressed by cool bullshits for teenagers

Burton world, Nolan detective scenes, Paul Dini writing, Batfleck fight scenes= Ultimate Batman movie?

More like
MUH DICK

It's even funnier because it's just the production crews' names.

>Batman Returns better than Batman '89
>The three Nolan shitfests not in dead last

Batman & Robin might be terrible but at least it's entertaining, unlike Nolan's grimdark and "realistic" turds

>Gothic Era Gotham
>a jumbled mess of culture and technology from different eras

Seriously what? It's 20th century Gotham, an old city with a rich heritage celebrating its past and looking to the future. Just like the comic itself, it's pottery...

I'm down with this ranking.

Reminder that Tim Burton's """""Batman""""" isn't Batman.

Dubs trip.

Even if you personally don't believe in this list, you must accept that it is objectively correct.

Mask of The Phantasm>Batman Returns > Batman > Batman Begins >The Dark Knight > Batman 1966>Batman V Superman>Batman Forever > Dark Knight Rises >Batman and Robin

youtu.be/EB-fSOds9AU
reminder this is literally a scene from that garbage movie

wtf i hate prince now

OP: youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
ED1: youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
ED2: youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
PV: youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
EP 1: youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
EP 13: youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic

reminder that that scene is literally the most "joker" thing ever done in a live-action Batman film

Digits confirm

>Producer Michael Uslan remarks that he only let Tim (Burton) see the original year of the Bob Kane/Bill Finger's comic run, up until the time that Robin was introduced.

Why Burton/Keaton Batman killed.

>In preparation for his role, Michael Keaton went under extensive kick-boxing training for Batman.

Why Keaton's fight scenes, though campier than Nolan's, were better than Bale's shitty fighting scenes.

Thought I'd post this here too.

>Literally forgot master kinography in BvS
Shit list fuckin pleb lol

Burtons Gotham was influenced by German expressionism and Gothic architecture which they carried mover to the animated series

Reminder that bravo Nolan achieved in one scene what DC failed to achieve with an entire bloated franchise

Nolan detective scenes: WHERE IS SHE! WHERE IS THE TRIGGER!