Misogyny Squad

>Suicide Squad might not have come under so much fire from critics over its treatment of women if it had allowed even one of them to walk away with a greater measure of dignity.

>David Ayer’s superhero team-up revels in its abuse of women and racial stereotypes.
>But there’s one quick scene that stands out as the most bizarre and uncomfortable: Batman kissing Harley Quinn… while she’s unconscious.

>Granted, his punch is to subdue her, because she’s a villain — even though we only see vague evidence of this onscreen.

>Smith must’ve managed to hold back the tears of outrage while filming Suicide Squad, in which his character, an antihero assassin who kills for money and loves it, describes the mother of his child as a whore and advises a teammate to control his girlfriend by smacking her on the ass.

>In another scene, a member of the squad is introduced as he hops out of an SUV and sends his fist flying into the face of a female guard. “She had a mouth on her,” quips Slipknot, that’s clearly meant to draw laughs from the audience.
>But they’re villains! the refrain goes. They’re supposed to be jerks! It’s OK if they turn women into literal punch lines! Lighten up!

>But at a certain point in watching Suicide Squad, something becomes painfully obvious: It really seems to hate its women. And when it’s not busy hating those women, it’s casually exploiting other worrisome racial stereotypes.

>Treated as not much more than a black stereotype for most of the film, he finally earned my sympathy when he was forced to deliver the three most cringe-worthy letters: “BET" (Black Entertainment Television), the one television channel Killer Croc demands to be able to watch in his prison cell.

>It sends an unfortunate message to younger audiences: Strong women are mostly either crazy, evil, or both. When the same conditions do not apply to the men of Suicide Squad who are not objectified or abused or used as props for the benefit of their female peers, what’s Ayer’s excuse?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MzFTZls3F6A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nice blog post go back to reddet

Choke on a dick
They are being treated as equals.
Deadshit deos not have to like the mother of his child and harley is a villan.

Oh poor women

women just are objects for sexual release.

Delicious tears.

>like this gigantic turd or you're le ess jay dubya meme
Desperate. Is this the latest guerilla marketing angle?

>women,
>other worrisome racial stereotypes.

why did the bat kiss an unconscious harley quinn?

>And this movie made more in a weekend than Girlbusters has in a month.

Cry harder faggots.

WTF I love DC now

Yup just like people defend ghostbusters by saying only manbabies hated it, dcuck defense is only sjw hate dc

it wasnt a kiss it was CPR, she started to kiss him because shes insane.

You know this movie is a huge hit with African Americans, Hispanics and women, probably because it objectified a good looking white woman.

Isn't the suicide squad supposed to be a group of violent, psychotic, criminals?

Real talk, is this the only way to make a "bad guy" convincing nowadays? Are people just so desensitized to homicide that they don't actually care when the bad guy kills a bunch of people (as long as it's non-discriminatory killing)?

>Smith must’ve managed to hold back the tears of outrage
is this faggot assuming The Noble Black Man of Our Social Justice is always a sweet nice man against mysoginy?

What the fuck was that?

Performing CPR on an unconscious woman is sexual assault. You'd better wake her up and get her consent before you start trying to wake her up. Fucking shitlords I can't believe I have to still explain this in 2016

But he doesn't do chest compressions first. Also, you're supposed to breathe air in, not suck face.

this makes me want to see the movie now. thanks cry baby sjws for pointing out the realism. blacks are still stereotypes and women are still whores.

>>Smith must’ve managed to hold back the tears of outrage while filming Suicide Squad, in which his character, an antihero assassin who kills for money and loves it, describes the mother of his child as a whore and advises a teammate to control his girlfriend by smacking her on the ass.

The same Will Smith who nearly beat a fag to death for trying to kiss him on the mouth lel.

but women are the ones watching Suicide Squad

So a women getting punched for the sake of slapstick comedy is sexist? In what way? How is it only sexist when its a women? It makes no sense.

>we're gonna write articles all day long about "rape culture" and oppression of women
>Did you know that 90% of American women are raped every day?
>It's all around us, all the time, everywhere. Listen and believe

>Under no circumstances can unpleasant behavior towards women, be depicted in art
>Do you really HAVE to show that? Are we supposed to believe every evil villain is a rapist?
>I think it's just the director's issue. I find it hard to believe that ALL of these vicious criminals would treat women disrespectfully

How do they live with the contradictions?

>Batman kissing Quinn while she's unconscious

There is no conceivable fucking way people are this stupid. Please tell me this is bait.

>about SJW's
>all greentext
>no source
>on Sup Forums
no shit it's bait

>nearly beat a fag to death
It was a slap, homo

Smith must’ve managed to hold back the intersectional coalition ally's tears of outrage while filming Suicide Squad, in which his character describes the mother of his child as a whore and advises a teammate to control his girlfriend by smacking dat bitch ho on the ass and stop being a faggot.

>superhero

>do it again, but happier and your mouth open

literally our flick

Do people actually care about this shit or are they just pretending so others will think they're saints?

Just copy and paste the quotes on Google, mate.

>"""misogynistic""" movie makes exponentially more money than Ghostbusters

Makes you think

>But at a certain point in watching Suicide Squad

That was your first mistake.

Your second was expressing your worthless opinion on the internet.

reddit.com/r/kotakuinaction

OP getting triggered by a fucking blogpost. End your life.

Women are not people.
KYS

All movie critics/reviews are just blogposts. Are you okay, user?

>incapacitating a crazy chick who tries to knife you is wrong
>performing CPR is wrong
>male prison guards can be punished when they abuse prisoners verbally but not women
>all criminals need to be perfect gentleman to women

Please let this be bait

> racial stereotypes
> single black father loves his daughter to death and is involved in her life

Wut?

I CAN'T BELIEVE HE CALLED WOMEN WHORES! DOESN'T HE KNOW HE'S BLACK?!

Yeah while the point was CPR they really made it seem like Bat man just wanted to French kiss Harley.

“For a man to be able to publicly refer to a woman as a fat pig, that makes me teary,” global superstar Will Smith admonished of Donald Trump

he's a complete pandering faggot. MAKES ME TEARY!

>Studios shit out turd after turd all summer
>"This is the worst box office year in ages. Why aren't people going to the movies?!"

The only thing that I can think of that was mildly successful commercially and critically (aside from CG animated kid movies) was Civil War, and even that was aggressively mediocre.

He was resuscitating her. It was staged to look vampiric, so naturally it came off as rapey (since vampires are a sexual metaphor and all).

I really do feel, though, that if you want to criticize Skwad for misogyny, don't look at Harley - look at June Moon.

What's wrong with June Moon?

All I remember is she was scared of transforming.

hhahahahah...this reads like a parody of a sjw made by Sup Forums

The makers of Suicide Squad and the entire fandom owes every menber of the mentally ill community three (3) baked goods of our choice.

Suicide Squad’s Harley Quinn/Joker characters, and the fandom surrounding them, are ableist trash. Seriously, stop appropriating mental illness. Do you know how offensive all this “oooh edgy, voices in my head” bullshit is to people who ACTUALLY experience hallucinations brought on by mental illness? Like fuck everything about this movie but fuck you, yes you, personally, in the eye with something sandpaper-ey if you use these highly offensive characters to appropriate and misrepresent mental illness.

>Batman kissing Harley Quinn… while she’s unconscious.
He meant to resuscitate her, she was faking and kissed him, he got mad.
>Granted, his punch is to subdue her, because she’s a villain — even though we only see vague evidence of this onscreen.
She killed Robin. It says it in her bio.

>Smith must’ve managed to hold back the tears of outrage while filming Suicide Squad, in which his character, an antihero assassin who kills for money and loves it, describes the mother of his child as a whore
She was literally a hoe.
>and advises a teammate to control his girlfriend by smacking her on the ass. He was telling Flagg to be assertive of his lover. It was a quip.

>In another scene, a member of the squad is introduced as he hops out of an SUV and sends his fist flying into the face of a female guard. “She had a mouth on her,” quips Slipknot, that’s clearly meant to draw laughs from the audience.
No it was not meant to draw laughter, it was to antagonize the character so the audience wouldn't miss him.

>He meant to resuscitate her, she was faking and kissed him, he got mad.
Batman was disgusted and they think he took advantage of her. Hilarious.

>Batman pulled Harley, freeing her from the car. Her eyes snapped open and she grabbed two knives hidden in her uniform, then tried to bury them in the man who was trying to rescue her. They wrestled until he slammed his fist into her, knocking her unconscious. She’d stop resisting, and he could save her.
>Gripping her firmly, he swam back to the surface. Reaching land, he lay her on her back and administered chest compressions. No response. Only one more thing to try. It was repulsive, but her only hope. Batman put his mouth to hers, this woman who had just tried to kill him.
>He alternated breaths with more chest compressions.
>Suddenly she wrapped her arms around him, turning CPR into a prolonged kiss. He fought and pulled away.
>She coughed and looked up.
>“Why the favor, Bats?” she asked.
>Batman glowered at her. “Joker took something important away from me,” he growled. “It’s my turn.”
>Harley didn’t reply, but she shivered.

Tumblr BTFO

My music paused on my phone so I could open that 3 second long shitty webum.

There should be some sort of quality control rule when you post webums.

Well...one is an actor playing a character, the other is a presidential candidate...

>"""misogynistic""" movie makes exponentially more money than Ghostbusters
>exponentially

Do you know what that word means? It's not another word for "much"

SJWs are sabotaging Snyder's DC kinoverse via rotten tomatoes.

>“BET" (Black Entertainment Television), the one television channel Killer Croc demands to be able to watch in his prison cell.

BET has been unwatchable since that time 106th & Park declared that the ¨Number 1 Song" on the "phone-in charts" was also the "New Joint of the Day" - The ludicrous tie-in song for Keanu Reeve's abortion Hardball, which, strangely, came out in theatres the next day, or at most, 3 days after.

I remember arguing with so many wiggers, cucks and needlessly aggressive tomgirls that the phone-in chart was completely rigged and had nothing to do with song popularity. They didn't believe me, going so far as to insist that N'Sync's last few songs legitimately made it into the top 5 of the same chart despite having no R&B or Rap influence whatsoever.

I digress, I find it hard to believe that Killer Kroc would watch BET post-Hardball.

youtube.com/watch?v=MzFTZls3F6A

>Popular movie is criticized for being sexist
Wow shocking i haven't heard that before.
Pro-tip feminists: When you call everything sexist, normal people stop caring. I care so little about their claims I literally didn't even read the OP because I'm just assuming it's the same bullshit feminists claim about every movie now

It's long been known that directors will use violence against women to make a villain seem worse, because audiences do think violence against women is worse than violence against men. If a villain kills a bunch of men nobody cares, so you have them kill a woman if you really want the audience to know how evil he is.
Similarly of you want the audience to be really sad, you have a woman die because it has a greater emotional impact than a man dying

Male disposability is real, even if we're talking about fictional men

Am I supposed to laugh whenever people are hit with glasses or bottles during a fight?

>critics measuring quality over pc standards
thanks rt

>What's wrong with June Moon?

She's an utter milksop. An agency-vacuum who exists to cling to the arm of Rick Flagg like she's going to blow away and her miraculous survival after the Enchantress's defeat merely makes her Flagg's prize for winning the day. It's not a flashy form of misogyny, but it's probably a more damning one.

If it's male """people""" then yes, but if it's a woman then you should be outraged and call for a boycott of the show/movie