Wow this place sure is very different than r/music

Wow this place sure is very different than r/music...

Sup Forums has been r/music2.0 for years now. Coming here to discuss obscure or interesting music is a thing of the past. This board serves as nothing more as a spoon-feeding mechanism for people who are just now getting into music.

Then why are you here faggot

A new Avalanches thread would be here regardless.

Besides, have you ever been to r/music? The only way this shut hole could get that bad is if no one replied to any threads and the only posts were "What genre is this??" And "Check out my mixture senpai!".

That's because you've filtered most of the threads

I think part of the problem is too many summerfags replying to obvious bait threads like the Blurryface one

I check in periodically. Decided to use this thread to rant. Enjoy your shitty music community, I hope your urban outfitters-core, 'reeel music' brings identity to your otherwise meaningless life

It does :)

Sharethreads are still useful user. And I still get enjoyment from stumping someone in a non-argument.

The problem is there is no quality control anymore. Once elitist mu died all was lost to Reddit/tumblr

Reddtards

Is that really a bad thing? Sure, tumblr and reddit are here, but they usually post about the same shit so it can be easily filtered. On the other hand, by all accounts I've heard from other anons (I didn't join until late last year), elitist Sup Forums was terrible.

>elitist mu died

I was here in 2008 - 2011. Came back for today. It's sad to read that. But yeah, there's a reason why I stopped coming here. I remember this place was hilarious "back in the day".

Old Man Yells at Cloud

Young fucking entitled minnelial crybaby yells at people because they don't listen to his shitty pitchfork sjw rappers instead of challenging music and pretends he is "sooo into music"

Elitist Sup Forums wasn't terrible, your friend probably had a bad experience because he didn't lurk long enough and got shit on after posting. Started browsing here in 08, the board has definitely had its ups and downs, but it's current state is probably the worst I've ever seen it at. Everything special and unique has been stripped from this board, we're pretty much a generic, cookie cutter music community now

> I don't understand challenging music, so obviously no one else could either

How does it feel to grow up with cameras on you 24/7? I would be embittered too.

Sad crusty old fart gets feelings boo boo

What was the name of that guy with weird green eyes and big nose? Ryan?

And what about that Swedish patrician guy?

that sucks
I don't know the green eyes guy but the Swede was Hampus Gronvall, although I wasn't there back then so I might be wrong

They love the attention. All kids today care about is attention, and they get more than any other generation ever did. If you're past 25 you don't exist anymore according to them. Pity I don't bother talking to anyone under 21.

Fuck off

there was an age thread like a month ago, 90% of posters were under 21, i felt weird

Sup Forums was never that elitist, even before poptimism blew up and ktt invaded the majority of threads were focused around normie shit like radiohead or anco. It was really just more tripfags and no containment for rym/chart scum

>Old Man Yells at Cloud
>I'd rather ruin this board than contribute even slightly.

i mean plebbit has to get a few things right every 1000000 posts. But overall its a garbage way to find. discuss, or recomend music.
>listen to this: kansas dust in the wind
makes me want to an kill