How to start study philosophy, Sup Forums?

how to start study philosophy, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/soultorment27
youtube.com/channel/UC9ff15w4ufviWfv9UfIuByA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1 become Nihilist.
2 realise The pointlessness of all Philosophy.
3 finished studying philosophy. Congrats.
4 ?????
5 profit

Nicomachean Ethics; Penguin Classic Edition.

Do you want to get into Ethics, especially for animals? Peter Singer.

Or focus on looking at arguments in an objective and formulative way? Symbolic Logic;

Better in debates? Familiarize yourself with Logical Fallacies and when to recognize when others use them.

David Hume [emperical], Rene Descarte [radical], and Immaneul Kant [unifies these separate ideologies].

Plato's Symposium.

This is all beginner stuff that I learned at junior college; have my A.A. in Philosophy.

You use that word "Nihilist", but you don't know what that really means judging by how you're using it user.

Oh I know. I oversimplified because typing in tablet is hard and it doesnt even matter anyway.

please explain
(i'm not the same user you responded to, btw)

Check out school of life on the youtubes. Lots of recommended reading etc

Open philosophy book, start reading.
Register for Phil101 course at local college, go to class.

podcast 'philosophize this' is a good starting point, can get bogged down if youre new but listen to the Nietzsche episodes and you'll get hooked.

Also Youtube channel School of Life has plenty of clips detailing a shit ton of philosophers in easy digestible clips

brush up on ur dads alchemy books ya fuck

trips...but also read The Stranger by Camus, if you dont enjoy that then somethings off

youtube.com/user/soultorment27

This channel has about a billion lectures.

youtube.com/channel/UC9ff15w4ufviWfv9UfIuByA

This guy has decent lectures.

People who are telling you to read this or that book are, in my opinion, leading you astray. So many of these texts are difficult to understand until you have a sort of basic understanding of philosophy.

Many of these lectures are geared towards people who have little to no understanding of the subject. So listen to a few hundred hours of lectures. THEN read all the source texts.

I recommend that one of the first books you read in your pursuit is "The Tyranny of Words" by Stewart Chase, which is an introduction to semantics.

Also read "The Ego and His Own" by Max Stirner.

>Ps is a retard.

>tells you not to read anything anyone recommends....
>recommends two books

I said that they should watch lectures to build up a base of knowledge about the subject, THEN read.

It's pointless to read Kant if you can't understand what he is talking about because you have no basis to understand his jargon or any of the concepts with which he deals.

First realize it's purpose, which is higher politics education.
Then understand what the game in politics is, which is to rule.
Then see what need to rule, which is gold.
And the find in philosophy the meaning of the word 'gold', which is wisdom.
Get knowledge to reach wisdom, by reading classic philosophy.
You might think it's worthlessness, your competition know it is valuable.
Start with the Prince, so you get a sense of it's influence.
Then the 3 Greeks.
After this you might proven not to have what it needs to be a leader or you are thirsty for more. If you are, the big 3 showed you the way.
Protip: listen audiobooks of philosophy, it's easier on the road.

Useless philosophy major here:

Read Socrates: charmidies, euthyphro, apology, and the other shorter ones like "the cave"

Read plato's republic, aristotles nicomachean ethics. The stoics like Marcus Arrilious(using iPhone).

Descartes meditations, Kant critique of pure reason. Hobbes leviathan, some works by John Stewart mill, John Locke, Rousseau, Humes problem of induction an inquiry concerning human reason. If you want some flavor throw in some Keirkagaard, neitchez, heidegaard, and Wittgenstein (not analytic philosophers studied in university). Some Karl popper, quine's two dogmas of empiricism and karnap covering basic analyticity. There's more but that should keep you busy for some time.

I think philosophy is nothing. Because you need to create something tangible if you want to satisfy yourself. Ideas for loosers. You can not gain money with philosophy. Try engineering my friend.

Also Op, learn to recognize obscurantism.

Philosophy is to make you think. If it does not make you think about life, go read Hustler again, philosophy if above your league.
The writings represent their time. Never agree with a philosopher, as Socrates would have liked, be in discourse but with proper rhetoric only.

>Ideas for loosers.
You didn't think this through did you?

Like this

No. Everybody can talk. Some talks complicated, some talks simple but everybody can talk. Beside this everybody can't create or invent something. If you want to be a philosopher yo will lose your time watching tv shows, videos or reading a lot of books or may be write and speak some shits. Try to be Elon Musk my man not try to be a Dostoyevski. It is more profiter.

Philosophy is history for the educated. Economics for the elite ( have-enough's).
Law for the ruling class.
And rubbish, boring and useless to the slaves, the simple minded and lazy ones. Ironically, if they did discover philosophy 's true value, they could escape their hopeless search for happiness and find it for a change. Knowing it is easy to find freely in every library, yet the fools turn to religion, which is there to just keep them from reading real teachings.

That about a documentary about popular actor and expecting to know valuable details on top notch movie they where part of.
Read the actual works, or audiobook them. Don't settle for anything less, it would be a waste of time.

>implying religion isnt philosophy

Drop all other forms of opinion.
Only acceptance from now on, my friend.