Name bands/musicians that normies listen to because they think it makes them different

Name bands/musicians that normies listen to because they think it makes them different.

death grips
kanye west
fleet foxes
father john misty
jamie xx
pc music
lana del ray
grimes
arctic monkeys
swans fans post the seer
danny brown
the xx

also deafheaven/burzum for the kids who dont wanna be associated with metalheads

I have yet to meet a normie that knows about death grips or swans.

thats because you are a normie.

fuck you dude

> Kanye West
Retard. Everyone knows Kanye is normie as fuck

Beginners guide to jazz music, like Dave Brubeck or Kind of Blue

Green Day
Blink 182
Radiohead
Avenged Sevenfold
Queen
Pink Floyd
Muse
Just all the reddit bands really

Tool.

[spoiler]Tool are okay, though.[/spoiler]

nothing wrong with being a normie. you probably don't know shit about cooking.

These are all true but Green Day and Blink 182 fans grind my gears in particular. There is nothing special about them except for muh band tees.

Is cooking a band, or do you mean the activity cooking? In which case, you should try my ratatouille.

Sufjan Stevens
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Portugal The Man
Arcade Fire

Obviously he meant cocking.

ratatouille is such a basic dish. fuck off normie

>doesn't listen to A Love Suprem
lol fuckin pleb

Merzbow

Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Pale Cocoon, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, Natalie Rose LeBrecht, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Aporea, Half Japanese, Mega Banton, Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Henry Cow, Magma, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Ksiezyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Pale Cocoon, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, Natalie Rose LeBrecht, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang

Holy fuck, thanks user, I forgot about this shit. This is my favorite music meme by far.

MF DOOM
Gorillaz
Kendrick Llamar

and probably other but definitely these.

Burzum

Yes
No
Just wrong

>if more than 4 people know the song it's normie tier

This

Nope, all of those are true.

Nobody listens to Gorillaz thinking theyre special you inbred. Fuck most people probably grew up on them.
Kendrick is one of -the- most popular rappers of the decade, too. How do you think the fits in with an audience listening because they want to be different?

Your favorite band.

You'd be surprised. People are going to tell you that Kendrick Lamar is a "good rapper" who "raps about real shit" unlike those other icky rappers who only talk about secks and moniez xD

If by grew up on, you mean they remember their two popular songs - "Feel Good Inc" and "Dare" - then you're right I guess.

Slayer?

>mfw the only people around me are so turbo-normie that 75% of them don't know what Nirvana is

>No Milton Babbitt
Normie detected

he is a good rapper

that's why a shit ton of people listen to him

If you didnt own Demon Days what were you doing?
People might say that, but in no way does it imply theyre trying to be different. Lol. Try re-reading the OP.

I think at that point they have transcended the label of normie, thus making all of us more normie than they are

>A shit ton of people listen to him
>Not normie
Lmao, wtf

(you)

Most "Gorillaz fans" did "grow" on this, and still believe they are true fans

I did read the OP. He didn't make it clear what's meant by "different", but from experience people do like the novelty of liking music that they think sets them apart from one mainstream group, even if it sets them squarely in another.

Kendrick is considered mainstream by everyone who listens to hip hop.

I don't listen to him

>Not spending a decade perfecting your ratatouille dish
Go back to playing COD normie

go back

Wut

>playing video games period
jfc

It's not necessarily being anti-mainstream that makes people feel different. If you're in a crowd and they all like blue and you like red, you feel "different" for it and may even be smug about it, even if red is equal to or even surpasses blue in popularity. Another example would be people who only use Apple products feeling superior and "different" (read: better) to those who use Android/Windows.

However, as has been noted over the years, we do see a number of people thinking they're different or special for liking x ban or y musician. One of the more popular memes about this is the "I'm only 15 and I listen to this popular band from the 70's, I feel like I was born in the wrong generation". So if somebody likes Kendrick Lamar but is surrounded by people who only listen to The Weeknd and don't care for Kendrick, they'll bemoan their situation and wish that more people they know liked the music they did. Even if there's millions of Kendrick fans in the world, if you're the only person in your small town in Alabama listening to him, you will feel "different" as a result.

Normal people don't listen to music to seem different. That's why groups like scene kids, goths, punks, hippies are ostracized.

death grips x daft punk mashups