Why was it panned by Sup Forums and rym?

Why was it panned by Sup Forums and rym?
Yes, yes. It's a poor man's Elton John and kinda pretentious.

But it's a very well written pop/folk rock album. Very well produced too.

I disagree with Fantano when he have it a 9. I think it's a 7.5~8.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eu0RtEG6V4A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Yes, yes. It's a poor man's Elton John and kinda pretentious.
good enough reason to not like it for me.
fear fun > hb > pc

They can't see beyond the surface concept of a man spouting banal philosophy.

No its not

You're right, it wasn't panned by Sup Forums. Maybe RYM but they are literal autists who publicly pride their autistic lives so I don't take them seriously.

>makes thread about them
clearly u care and need arbitrary ratings to secure your taste.

Father John Misty is utter shite mate

No it's not. PC Tillman might be a poor man's Elton John but still sound good.

I'm not OP, you dunce.

not too me. his other albums sound better. pc is just okay. decent message but i rather listen to this instead
youtube.com/watch?v=eu0RtEG6V4A

prove it :)

It's just a pretty underwhelming album, and this is coming from a guy who put ILYH in his top 10 for 2015. This album is like that album if everything that could have gone wrong actually had gone wrong.

I mean there's no way I can. This is what comes up when I try to delete it for example. It's not my post but that's not really proof since I can't really prove that.

I feel exactly the opposite. I didn't care about ILYHB that much, it's a good album but very insistent.
And I was expecting something similar with PC and I was, I wouldn't say overwhelmed, but I was happier with his sound this time.

I still didn't listen to Fear Fun. It's different from ILYHB and PC?

literatlly just take a screenshot of

Fear Fun is his best imo. More meaningful, better musically, and more enjoyable generally.

The album did not deserve the high praise it received. Compared to his previous releases it is a tired and confused and almost unintelligible breakdown of an album.
The music world is desperate for FGM to succeed as things are a bit choppy out there.
Sadly talent that emerges soon gets trampled on and trashed by A&R and other minor acts and radio and Youtube broadcasters so that the dislocation
between review and actual album and rest of reality occurs.
A. non

what does that prove?

idk i only use Sup Forums x

It's just really bad, user. It's great you like it but I was so bored by it. It comes off as just stereotypical, nothing-new, indie rock.

I need an invite

I find this album pretty forgettable. It completely left my mind until seeing this post.

6/10 for me; decent production and sometimes decent songwriting, but I agree that FJM is a pretentious twat