Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=srhXI2MSR6w
vegansociety.com/go-vegan/definition-veganism
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kys

And why would I want to do that?

unironically kill yourself

That's not a question

i have a question, why is honey not vegan?
it occurs naturally and many ways of obtaining it from natural colonies that dont hurt beees

furthermore since bees are dying out, its actually beneficial for humans to create colonies, bees dont mind us collecting honey anyways

i just dont get it

Why do you guys do the whole Morman/cult thing of where it's your whole identity and you shoe horn it into every conversation?

Probably most you're gonna get, Clyde

why don't you eat eggs and milk/cheese ?
It's easy to get your own chicken that gives you eggs without suffering at all.
And you can also find small farms where cows are well treated, so what the fuck would be wrong with that.

Also why most vegan ppl are females ?

R u very thin?

I bet you are one of those dickheads who can't shut up about it. You really annoy the shit out of me, although I could be your mentor regarding that "lifestyle".

> inb4 vegan hipster telling another vegan cunt about being cooler cuz longer and more experienced in veganism

kys op

Because its easier to be a pussy when you have a pussy.

Archer isn't a fucking vegan pussy.
I'm going to go eat ham now.

How itchy are your clothes.

How many animals have you saved by not eating meat?

none

The simple answer is that any animal product is not vegan by definition. Whether something is harmful or not to animals doesn't matter for the definition.

Personally I don't really have an issue with honey, but I don't eat it because I'm not a huge fan of sweet foods anyway.

I don't know why some vegans do this, but I personally do not (I realize the irony of making this statement after starting a thread about it though).

Well before I went vegan I spent several years as a vegetarian. I then found out I was lactose intolerant so I thought fuck it, might as well give up eggs as well and be a vegan. As for why I don't eat eggs that come from chickens that have been treated well: it's easier to just not bother with eggs at all than to try and find eggs from a source I'd be comfortable with. Especially since most of the time you're avoiding eggs that are used as an igredient in some other food where you have no idea where they came from. I don't miss eggs so it's not a big deal for me.

Yes. I have always been very skinny. Before I stopped eating meat I used to eat a shitload of junkfood and was still skinny. I've lost 2-3kg at most since going vegan.

Nope. The reason I made this thread in the first place was because I hoped it would make people realize that most vegans don't actually give a shit about what other people eat. I certainly don't. I also don't see it as a lifestyle.

Not very itchy. I wear pretty much the same things as anyone else. If anything they are probably less itchy than they used to be because I don't wear wool anymore.

No idea. Environmental concerns are a bigger reason for me being a vegan than animal wellfare is (although I do care about that too). Another big reason is just habit to be honest.

I've heard many vegans make moral judgments against non vegans. Don't know if your one of them, but what do they propose we do with all our livestock if the whole world went vegan? Should we kill them without eating? Let them loose to ruin the local ecosystem? Or just support them for their entire natural life without letting them breed, while humans starve to death in massive numbers because we cut off a major source of food?

Also eating veg is lazy and unsporting, at least my food has the chance to run away.

Plants are living beings too..why do you eat them faggots?

youtube.com/watch?v=srhXI2MSR6w

The youtuber vegangains tried feeding his wolfdog a vegan diet and damn near starved her to death. Thoughts about forcing animals into unnatural diets?

Why is it that you think people should starve so that you don't have to feel guilty about what your food used to be?

why you feel the need to tell everyone about your shit without they even asking

If a wild deer kills its self by running into traffic is it still wrong to eat it? If so, why?

Was it hard to switch from normal to vegan? or were you a vegetarian, then a vegan?

do you sometimes have the urge to eat meat/any other animal product?

do you tell people you are a vegan from the get-go or do you wait until you have to mention it?

How are your romantic relationships with someine who isnt vegan?
I have this friend who ive known for years before and after she became vegan. Im starting to fall for her pretty hard, but in the past ive jokingly given her so much shit about become a vegan. She's always been cool, we aways get into each other's skin, but i want to know how a household or just a romantic relationship work. Can it.?
Pic is of me and my pupper

"The simple answer is that any animal product is not vegan by definition. Whether something is harmful or not to animals doesn't matter for the definition."
That's stupid

I could try and eat less meat, or stop eating beef for environmental reasons
i could stop red meat and chicken for animals suffering
but at least there would have been a reason...

*We're at table eating*

-''Could you hand me the pork chops?''

Plants have no nervous system for a start.

Not vegan btw

Killing them is the only pragmatic solution, and, while immoral, will put an end to the current ongoing cycle of animal cruelty

Weak argument...in that case use anesthesia on animals and kill them, they won't feel pain.

Or shoot them in the brain..instant death

How big of a concern is B12? Do you have to take a supplement?

Also, with the land needed to plant crops to feed livestock, you will get 50x the calories than from the animals themselves. The frequency of the whole human starvation argument amazes me

I call bullshit

Why did you make you dog vegan? I can see her ribs, also bestiality is fucked up yo.

still bullshit

On what? It being the only realistic solution?

So kill them and let them rot while people starve. My dad always taught me that if your going to kill something you should eat it. Wouldn't less human life be ended if we just killed and ate the vegans? Seems more pragmatic to me.

That's fine by me. Hope it's tasty.

Well the idea is that we wouldn't breed it in the first place. As for the livestock that we already have, I'd prefer to just let them live out their lives.

Actually if we used the land that we are currently using for livestock and to grow food for said livestock to grow food for human consumption we would have more food available overall. Feeding a cow until it gets fat enough for it to be eaten is much more wasteful than just feeding the plants to people.

I don't judge anyone. I feel that would by hypocritical considering I used to eat meat myself.

Even if I felt that plants deserved the same rights as animals, eating plants would still be the lesser of the two evils considering all the plants that die to feed the animals people eat.

I don't know enough about the dietary needs of pets to make a proper judgement. My gut feeling is that feeding a dog a vegan diet is probably not good for the dog though. I feel like you shouldn't have pets if you have a problem with the food they eat. I have no pets of my own.

I'm not sure what you mean. But if you think that people would starve because there would be less food available overall if we stopped eating animals I go into that above. I'm also well aware that as someone living in a western state where food is plentiful I'm in privileged position that allows me to choose a vegan diet. I'm aware not everyone has the same options. Also I don't care about anyone's choice of diet other than my own, whether they could reasonably adopt a vegan diet or not.

I dont't.

Can't really seer anything wrong with that. I still wouldn't eat it though. Roadkill also just doesn't seem very appealing as a meal.

I was vegetarian then vegan. Switching from a vegetarian diet to a vegan one was harder than switching to a vegetarian one. Neither was particularly hard though. It just becomes habit really.

Good one.

I never said you can't eat the meat. Of course you shouldn't waste it.
Eating meat isn't the concern of veganism, it's the suffering that goes into producing it.

>Even if I felt that plants deserved the same rights as animals, eating plants would still be the lesser of the two evils considering all the plants that die to feed the animals people eat.

Except plants are part of their natural diet...veganism and vegetarianism is sentimental biased bullshit...if you like to eat a nice asparagus cool...if you like to eat a well cooked beef...good.

You are just snowflakes

Not OP but,

i) Not likely that the whole human population go vegan in just a few years, more likely 100+ years. So not an issue. Gradually moving from animal sources of protein/energy to plant sources will give a lot more nutrition per hectare. Check out UN data.

ii) You hunt most of your meat yourself?

But my scenario is the whole world went vegan.

"Eating meat isn't the concern of veganism, it's the suffering that goes into producing it." Milk,Eggs,Honey all non vegan.

Aquaponics yeilds 6 times the protein over traditional agriculture. Can't be used to feed vegans (fish oil), shouldn't be grown organically (yeilds 20% less), and you can grow year-round if you build it indoor.

Anyone who thinks veganism is good for the environment is legit retarded.

This is Sup Forums

ITT: Ask a retard how clueless he actually is.

No thanks.

I pursue my chickens and then neck them..does that count?

I've had partners who ate meat after becoming vegan. Didn't bother me. Although having a vegan partner would be cool simply because it would be easier to share food. For me it's not a big deal though. It would just be a small bonus I guess.

Just saying that honey isn't vegan by definition. Don't see what's wrong with that. My main reason for not eating it is simply that I prefer to eat other things. I never really ate honey before either.

"Sure dude. You want the gravy too?"

I don't think plants are able to experience suffering the same way an animal can. But even if they can you're indirectly killing more plants by eating animals than you are if you just eat the plants yourself.

I've had a few bloodtests since becoming vegan. No deficits, not even common ones like iron. I don't take supplements, but there's B12 in red bull and I drink a shitload of that.

Do you think killing animals for food is morally wrong?

This is the most retarded shit.

Almost as retarded as eating nine cups of broccoli per one once of steak to get your protein.

Humans are not cows. Their digestive system and teeth are DESIGNED to break down meat. There is a reason that nearly 95% of all vegetation is dangerous for humans to consume.

For fucks sake.

Let's face it...a crop based diet is way more viable for humanity and environment. I hope we move on in the future...but also

Most vegans and vegetarians are cunts

1)its a what if question

2)I farm my own veg as well as chickens and eggs, I fish, I hunt deer and such when in season. Homesteading is nice, bake my own bread and am mostly self sufficient. Toilet paper and toothpaste and such is all I ever go to the grocery store for.

In fact on topic, wouldn't it be better for all vegans to grow their own food? Your harming the environment otherwise, as trucks need to ship the food to the store and you need to drive their to pick it up.

>In an infinite universe we don't have enough space for cows.

Wew-lad.

>I'm not sure what you mean.
This shit is exactly why all of you should be castrated. How can you claim that what you do helps the environment, if you have no understanding of agriculture or environmental science?

>95% of vegetation dangerous

Where the fuck do you live?

>on Earth

You're absolutely right, it's about the suffering that goes into all animal products.
Many vegans will not argue against eating meat of an already dead animal, if

Veganism doesn't have to be an all-or-nothing type deal. If aquaponics are more environmentally friendly, reducing net animal suffering by preserving natural habitats, or absolutely necessary to human survival, do it.
Inefficient mammal factory farming is still cruel, a humongous waste, and only a luxury not necessary to human life.

"I have never heard of beans or other high protein plant products"

Nobody is arguing about human physiology and eating meat being natural. It sure is. However, veganism isn't what you think it is. It's not "muh humans aren't designed to eat meat". It's all about unnecessary cruelty and suffering.

Cows that will need plants to be settled first...

wew wew -lad

You are against nature.
Just like gays and other mental illness
That qualifies you to be part of the mental illness club.

Why are you against the nature of things?

How often have you told someone today, that you're vegan?

Nice bs on "shouldnt" be grown organically.
That's what aquaponics is [fish emulsion and bacteria]. Unless you're trying to justify some nasty purina fish chow and being an extreamly lazy plant sprayer... I cant understand your advantage to including that lie.

>Veganism doesn't have to be an all-or-nothing type deal.
IT ABSOLUTELY DOES. THAT'S WHY IT'S NOT VEGETARIANISM.

Seriously, how do you function with what must be a sub-80 IQ?

I eat vegetables and meat every day.

Veganism is a philosophy, vegetarianism is a dietary preference

If you are not interested in a civil discussion about the vegan philosophy and are content with your existing preconceptions, you don't need to waste your time replying to a sub-80 IQ retard

You're missing out on some wonderful meat cock, there OP.

You're retarded if you think organic comes down to the pesticide you use. The requirements for food to be considered "organic" cut out many agricultural strategies for increasing yeild such as intercropping, non-organic fertilizers, growing medium, ect.

You're lying to yourself about organic foods and GMOs. Kill yourself.

Reply to my post or our mother will die in her sleep tonight.

Humans can live perfectly healthily on a vegan diet. Pretty sure my diet is no more "unnatural" than what the vast majority of people eat.

I feel that considering I don't miss non-vegan foods in my diet I might as well not kill them. I have a bigger issue with the way they are treated before being killed than with the killing itself. Environmental concerns are a much bigger reason for my choice than animal wellfare is though. I also worry about the amount of antibiotics given to livestock and am concerned that this is contributing to what could amount to a big problem in future.

I agree with the first part. The second part... I'm not sure. You could be right, but I like to think it's a loud minority thing.

You don't need to castrate me. I'm not planning to have kids anyway. Livestock farming is a major contributing factor to global warming.

I don't know how to answer that question because I disagree with the statements you are basing it off.

This thread is the first time. I don't normally tell people unless I have to (eg. when ordering food in a restaurant). For better or worse people tend to notice when I avoid certain foods though.

Actually a lot of vegans don't interpret it that way. Interpretations like this are common:

>Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude, AS FAR AS IS POSSIBLE AND PRACTICABLE, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose.

Source: vegansociety.com/go-vegan/definition-veganism

We consume once living materials. It doesn't matter if it was fucked in the ass, beat with a stick or had it's eyes gouged out. If you were concerned about the well being of the living organism you would be just as upset at watching carrots being ripped out of the ground.

What do you use for pan lube?
I went to a vegan place once for breakfast, they brought out 'vegan butter' which was just fucking margarine.
As if some chemed out soy lube was somehow better than some cow titties.

No, veganism is not a philosophy, it's a lifestyle choice, just like your ignorance

You mean like for baking? I don't really bake (don't have an oven, just a stove). Margarine (which isn't always vegan, but can be) works though.

you are an animal, animal eat other animal

you are a faggot

That's a philosophy I don't agree with, but I'm up for a more in-depth debate

I use olive oil, or margarine if I don't want the olive flavor

Some animals eat other animals, correct. Some animals also eat their own poop...

>just like your ignorance
>being so ass-blasted that you comma splice and leave off the period

Kek

Vegans consume more vegetables than those who eat meat.
They are harming nature.
Also, why is eating something that is already dead considered cruel?
Why does it matter if it suffered ir not if it tastes good?

>Livestock farming is a major contributing factor to global warming.
Not anywhere near as much as you think, and not for much longer (you can thank agricultural science). At what point did you give up on fact-checking and critical thought?

do you eat meat

Do you stand against Islam for its practice of Halal?

Tells organic farmer to kill himself cause he doesn't understand the epa and omri.
>Agricultural strategies of non oganic fertilizers.
Yup see how your fish and bacteria in the res love the etda chelates.
And please don't act as if intercropping (companion planting) isnt a normal practice from before big ag. Fuck monocropping.
I'm just gonna claim your a shill with all those assumptions and prearguments you just pulled.
Lemme guess next line is some bs about copper sulfate? Or about how glyophosphates aren't bad for the ecosystem?
You're worth about 5 craptchas incase you ever valued your worth.

Do you stand against Judasim for its practise of kosher?

I'll assume the first two are a tongue in cheek joke

Eating what is already dead is fine. The suffering the animal experienced up until its death is the problem, for example systematically birthing and raising animals in factory stalls, often so tight that they develop bedsores, then killing them a few years later, never having left their tiny stall.

I don't believe my temporary, minor pleasure is worth the much greater suffering of another create

If Vegans are against suffering than why do they make me suffer through their moral grandstanding about being vegan?

Fucking Checkmate.

Yes. Your point?

We are the ones supposed to ask questions, not you OP, you faggot.

If they succeed, they'll have doubled their moral points by preventing the suffering caused by a non-vegan human over their lifetime
Worth the risk

Animals will be raised to be killed only to be eaten by me and other men.
You can't do anything about it.
You can keep sucking dick it is very organic desu.
I am not stopping you.

>any animal product is not vegan by definition. Whether something is harmful or not to animals doesn't matter for the definition.
Plants aren't vegan then. They live off of animal byproducts, most notably carbon dioxide but also rotting bodies and shit fertilizing the soil.

Is sucking cock vegan? Or do you have to swallow to be non vegan?
I figure your the perfect person to ask, what with being vegan and a massive faggot.

Do you stand against christianity for not allowing people to eat poop?

KEK

Market laws dictate that all vegans combined substantially reduce the number of animals being raised and killed
I very well understand I'm not going to convert the world, but I'm doing what I can, with marginal but non-negligible effect

How many normal people get converted by you being a faggot? I think your majorly overestimating yourself.

Do you consume shellfish?
If not why not? They don't have a central nervous system and don't feel things like fear or anything really.

Are you VxHxC?

Fun fact Vegan Gains almost killed his dog by making it eat a vegan diet

I may eat more vegetables than you, but if you include the food your food eats that changes quickly.

It's quite a lot actually, except it's mostly methane and not co2. Also even if it wasn't a major source cutting it out would still help and since I don't miss non-vegan foods it don't see why I wouldn't.

Not anymore

No more than I stand against McDonald's for it's practice of Big Macs. That is to say I'm obviously not a fan, but I believe in making changes to my own life rather than telling other people what to do.

Cock sucking is vegan as long as you don't swallow. Not gonna lie, I sometimes cheat on this one though.

hows that cognitive dissonance treating you?

>how's it feel to be so shallow and worthless that you try to take on thing that require no effort or skill to make yourself appear better than others but instead just scream "i'm so shallow a gnat couldn't drown in me"

I was converted myself after years of mocking vegans once I started debating it with a vegan in-depth, so it's not an impossibility