StarTrek thread

StarTrek thread

>It's a Brockley episode

I don't think I've ever went from absolutely hating a character to loving them so quickly over a series.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dmOo9yfRNZY
youtube.com/watch?v=oOnPXcjuGaE
youtube.com/watch?v=nQHBAdShgYI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>That episode where there was a monster in the transporter stream.

That was a pretty good one.

Pretty spot on post, user.

First episode I saw with Broccoli was the tfw no gf one and I wanted the character to die. Then you realize he's literally the only thing on the ship that isn't 10/10 best and most flawless human ever and he grows on you.

>it's a Picard has a day off episode

The Bacardi episode with the dorman tea cells was the worst episode yet, at least dr chrylser got sprayed in the face by wharf

>worst episode
It was pretty bad, but it was still much better than most of S1 and 2.

If only because of fish Troi, Spot and Data scenes, and Bevalay getting her face melted.

I love Brockley but you have to wounder how he passed the StarFleet psych exam.

Criminal how underused Dwight was (outside of A-Team and TNG).

I would

>That episode where her human and Klingon half was split apart.

God I wish she would have stayed that way. It would have been like having a twin sister of a completely different race.

I like to imagen all of the clever and interesting episodes they could have done with such an idea.

>hey that guy has poor social skills
>let's socially exclude him so he has no chance to learn
fucking normies

friendly reminder that the teleporter is literally a suicide box

>computer, create 1 million sentient copies of Adolf Hitler
>remove safety protocols

DELET THIS

i wonder if they would allow people who don't enjoy committing suicide as a mode of transportation to take shuttles everywhere. it would take alot longer and be more expensive but it does have the benefit of not killing yourself

>entire crew spends all their leisure time in the holodeck living out fantasies
>Ryker literally wanted to fuck and marry a holographic woman
>Barclay spends some leisure time in the holodeck just pretending he's a good crewman
>"WE NEED TO GET HIM OUT OF THERE AND IGNORE HIM IN THE REAL WORLD EVEN HARDER!"

Let them duke it out to the death to find the uber hitler, then repeat the process to find giga-hitler

>Brockley never got an age appropriate QT gf
Someone write a fanfiction to rectify this now.

I remember at least two episodes where they attempt to "persuade" people who are afraid of teleporter travel to use it.

people will stop caring after a week due to the convenience

what's stopping every officer from spending every second off-duty fucking 4 councellor Trois in the holodeck?

Why didn't Q offer Brocolli god powers?

IIRC they have a rule that starfleet personnel should not be recreated as a hologram or smth. It was in the episode was referencing
also, why fuck troi when you can create qt xeno waifus

That's why there is holodeck addiction in that era.

so how come Geordi recreated that science chick? Wasn't she Starfleet?

What would he do with them?

spill his spaghetti and annihilate a couple galaxies

I think if the internet existed back then, we would have either never gotten more than one Barclay episode, or he would have been added to the full cast before the end.

You have to wonder why they didn't add him to Voyager when that show started. It would have e made sense to add a TNG character like DS9 did.

How do you know there isn't a reality addiction in that era?

but he did return in couple of eps and he was in Voyager as a member of the team that finally established communications with Voy

civillian researcher maybe?

this would trigger feminists, they wretch at the thought of a beta getting the girl, feminists are working hard to ensure betas realize they must continue to wine and dine women and not get mad when it becomes obvious they are just being used for free dinners

I think user meant as a regular crew member. Could you imagine Tom and Harry trying to get Brocolli out of his shell by inviting him to one of their Captain Proton adventures.

Shit would have been great.

would be neat.

>this would trigger feminists
Good. Let them get triggered. Broccoli deserved to be happy and all the better of femcunts shit bricks over it.

daily reminder that Moriarty did nothing wrong and also he's the best Moriarty adaptation ever

while we're at that: texan doc > Crusher

I like it

not even any doubt

There aren't a lot of characters lower than Crusher. The only time anyone rates her highly is because they want to fuck her.

Some decent writefag should fanfic this shit.

>there will never be an episode where literally nothing happens and the crew is perplexed by how boring the day was
youtube.com/watch?v=dmOo9yfRNZY

How do you tell the difference if you're in a hologram or real life?

My family hated his episodes on Voyager. I always loved him, partially because Shultz was in A-Team.

Jared Harris is pretty good in Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Wasn't there a throwaway line about how he started collapsing mentally because of his Holo Addiction. I think he was fine before hand.

youtube.com/watch?v=oOnPXcjuGaE
gazorra is the trek writer we don't deserve but need

There was also so many episodes of the Doctor using holograms to teach 7 of 9 to socialize better...Maybe because Voyager was stuck way the fuck in the Delta quadrant but still.

>That episode when they find his holodeck fanfic program where all the bridge crew were his BFFs

I was a giant faggot in middle school and wrote self insert fanfiction that someone at school found it, I almost couldn't make it through the episode.

You can't eat holo food.

>it's a Janeway episode

yes but RDJ is a tryhard memespouter so it balances out

tfw you'll never culturally enrich Janeway with your Cardassian dick (ribbed for her pleasure)

>ribbed
Barbed*

This is the Barclay thread.

And we see Barclay from a first-person perspective as he flies through subspace from one destination to another and gets attacked halfway through.

>but the double Riker
It was a starfish paradox. If you cut a starfish in half and they grow into two new ones, which is the original? It's hard to decide, right? Can you at least agree that SOMEONE is the original, and that the starfish wasn't murdered and replaced with two completely new starfish?

how many times did chakotay seed her menopausal pussy

How do I rearrange the patterns of my atoms so I'm not a complete fucking loser?

youtube.com/watch?v=nQHBAdShgYI
It's not you, it's your copy that perceives it's you cause it's a perfect copy, you die when you disassemble.

>hey that guy has poor social skills
>let's socially include him to make his free time a living hell

you need more Pb

Extending an invitation and letting someone decide for themselves is the only right option.
If they keep turning you down then obviously it makes sense to stop but actively excluding someone is definitely not going to help anybody.
It's not like you have to physically drag someone to a social gathering to be inclusive.

So who's the guy that perceives being hurled through glittery space from one location to another?

It's you until the bright flash and scenery change, then it's someone else.

(you)

When your body wakes up tomorrow, it won't be you that wakes up. You're dead. It's a new thing that perceives itself to be you.

>It's a Piccard finds a disc in his pocket and smugly realizes the potential for getting his dick wet.
Based

tfw no Countess Regina Bartholomew of your own to share eternity and space with

everyone assumes Riker wanted to help/get Picard in an awkward situation when he told him to buy that potency idol, but what if Riker really wanted one for his cabin?

So the holodeck can pretty much do anything right?
>make it give you a nice hot sunny day at a beach with delicious food
you could swim, chill, and have fun.

that isn't the same thing at all

watch the video

Is the you now the same as the you now?

You can't eat holo food or drink holo water.

That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.
You do realize sleep isn't ACTUALLY death, right?

No, from my perspective i always wake up.

of course you can, just after the simulation ends you're still hungry

you literally can't know because conciousness is a fucked up thing
why doesn't holodeck just teleport replicated food in when you order something so you can eat and drink?

Yes you can. They do it all the time.

you can. The food is assembled the same way as normal food is made in the machines.

It's the same basic technology as the replicators, right? I don't see why they couldn't do that.

>why doesn't holodeck just teleport replicated food in when you order something so you can eat and drink?
I always assumed it had some built in replicator functionality for exactly this reason.

precisely. Think about it, if disabling safety measures means a gunshot can kill you then it must have some built-in replication tech in

Chin up user, 7 billion of us on this rock, we can't all be winners.

No.

If continuity of form is all that matters, then you're never the same, as your constitutent atoms are always changing.

if continuity of consciousness matters, then you're never the same after sleeping.

in the first episode, Wesley falls into a stream on the holodeck and when he leaves he's still wet. the water was replicated, not holographic.

>computer, create a button that kills god when pressed
>disable safety measures
checkmate christfags

>Implying it could even conceive of something like that when it almost destroyed the ship to even create a single moriarty