Do people still like Watchmen or is it generally accepted that all DC films are shit?

Do people still like Watchmen or is it generally accepted that all DC films are shit?

I still like Watchmen

Watchmen is objectively better than any Marvel movie ever released. And it has nothing to do with regular DC trash, other than being published under the DC name.

>muh company wars

What company wars? All capeshit movies, with the exception of very few, are shit, regardless of which brand they're made under. Watchmen is one of those exceptions.

it RUINED the comiREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's really weird to see the ways in which DC handles Watchmen with utter contempt since its originally release, from Before Watchmen to hiring a director who wouldn't understand subtlety if it raped him in prison.

>Watchmen is one of those exceptions
If you know nothing about cinema sure

Watchmen was one of those movies that I didn't like as I left the theater.

Decided to rewatch it on HBO a while later and fucking loved it.

One of my favorites, but I think my expectations were so high that it could never possibly please me the first time.

marvelcuck argument
>DC are poopyheads

Watchmen is objectively better than anything in the MCU.

If you bring Spider-man 1 and 2 into the mix though... forget it. Those two are better.

Nah, comic is better.

>He drank the Snyder cider

Raimi's Spider-Man movies really don't hold up, though. Part One is fun, but silly. Part Two, which was so highly regarded when it was released, is objectively better than One, but absolutely falls flat now. I was so disappointed recently when I gave it two full viewings, TRYING to overlook its glaring failures, and simply couldn't. Truth is, it just isn't that good of a movie, comic book property or not.

>he prefers the Michael Bay way

>Liking any of Hollywood's big name action hackson directors
Son please

Still one of my favourite films, i saw it before i read the comic so it's the source material itself that i'm objectively more of a fan of.
I'm glad the ending was different though as i think it just wouldn't have worked in the film to have the giant psychic squid.
Casting was pretty good too apart from maybe silk spectre

Outside of nerd circles, "people", (as in the general public) don't remember or really care about it. It was alright but I think the only reason it has the small but dedicated following that it has is because of the prestige of the source material. Without that it probably would have already been forgotten.

Bay has more cinematic understanding and merit than most of your favorite meme directors like snyder and noland

surely you jest.

that's the thing, it's pretty much the source material frame by frame with some of the same dialogue, just very specific changes to the plot to make most of it translate better to screen. It works.
Snyder just sucks at being creative because it's always a cool new idea but shittily executed

Snyder is literally unironically factually the poor man's Michael Bay

I thought it was almost great, but somehow way wide of the mark.

Memery aside, I don't think Snyder has the spark to be a great director. A lot of style over substance, but the style isn't actually very good either.

And those fucking music choices jesus christ

you cant be serious? do you prefer rod stewart to pink floyd also?

>just very specific changes to the plot to make most of it translate better to screen. It works.

the changes not only make the entire movie into a plot hole (without the squid, there is no island, without the island, there is nothing for the comedian to discover about veidt's plan, thus no reason for him to go mad, thus no reason to kill him) it hinges around the US and the USSR deciding to join hands and sing cumbaya in response to an american superweapon going berserk.

I've accepted Snyder as a little pretentious shit, but I enjoyed Watchmen and still like it today. It's not a 'perfect' adaption, but for what it is I think it's good.

>comparing zack snyder to roger waters
>comparing michael bay to rod stewart

This is perfect, but not in a good way.

Roger waters was quite possibly the most pretentious hack in the universe who was only kept in something resembling control by the more creative/talented members of the band. When he was given full control, the results were absolute shit (the final cut) and resulted in the band breaking apart. Now all waters does is beyond shitty covers of the music he did with pink floyd, as his solo material is also total dogshit.

Whereas Rod knows hes shit (or knew, he barely knows when to shit these days) and doesn't care.

you have no idea what you're talking about

no roger waters, no dark side of the moon or the wall

Massively overrated albums. Wish you were here, meddle and animals are far superior.

Removing waters just removes the wall and the final cut, as dark side of the moon would still happen.