strawpoll.me/10955091
youtu.be/ubTJI_UphPk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for harambe

Crossover confirmed?

wasn't this confirmed from the start

Don't talk to me or my son ever again.

Well there was this guy back in March

>Don't ever talk to me or my Clara ever again.

Reminder that Jimbo released his trippier-than-Campaign "Director's Cut" of Blood Heat, which can be bought for just £5 via PayPal, details in his Facebook group "Jimbo's Directors Cuts"

Also reminder that he's still working on his Faction Paradox novel Opus Majus and that there are FOUR confirmed upcoming Faction books from Obverse!

In everything but name only!

>Clara was the Doctor's son

I miss the meme that said 12 and Clara would sing "Running, running, running" in the finale :(

Four?

Ah yes, those were the days ;_;

I miss pre-Series 9 /who/ ;_;

I really, really, REALLY miss on season /who/ ;_;

BASED user

Reminds me of the bouncy balloon thing from The Prisoner.

I miss the Sammi poster
I miss the matrixlord poster

I miss comfy on season /who/ :(

Lord President, I'm Celestial Investigation Agency

[Pre-Chorus - Clara Oswald/Jenna Coleman:]
Where else can I go? Where else can I go?
Chasing you, chasing you
Memories turn to dust, please don't bury us
I got you, I got you

[Chorus - Twelfth Doctor/Peter Capaldi :]
Runnin', runnin', runnin', runnin'
Runnin', runnin', runnin'
Ain't runnin' from myself no more
Together we'll win it all
I ain't runnin', runnin', runnin', runnin'
Runnin', runnin', runnin'
Ain't runnin' from myself no more
I'm ready to face it all
If I lose myself, I lose it all

Blair Bidmead's "Weapons Grade Snake Oil"

Dale Smith's "Spinning Jenny"

"Tales of the Civil War", an anthology including
>The Tale of Sir Hedwyn by Kara Dennison
>The Age of Meeting Ourselves Again by Kelly Hale
>The Queen of Clubs by Louise Sellers
>To Die by the Sword by Helen Angove
>Just Passing Through by Juliet Kemp
>Angels on a Hoverbike by Selina Lock
>Interlude from a Civil War by Philip Purser-Hallard

"The Book of the Enemy", an anthology including stories by Purser-Hallard and Simon Butcher-Jones

This isn't including Kelly Hale's Faction-related project (whether Moontree Woman, Erasing Sherlock 2, or an expansion of her story in Liberating Earth) and Jim Mortimore's Opus Majus.

>If you're wondering what on earth you should be watching, take some comfort from the fact that Sherlock is a winner. 23% of British singles think that liking the BBC detective series makes you more attractive. This is followed by Big Bang Theory at 23% and Game of Thrones at 22%.
FUCKING NORMIE PLEBS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>CIA literally becomes a meme-god in Faction Paradox

>Chasing you, chasing you
>Memories turn to dust
Kek, literally what happened to 12. He predicted it.

Big Bang Theory at second place really boggles the mind - Sherlock attracts fangirls because of Cummerbund, and obviously GoT has sexy elements, but who's even watching laugh-track sitcoms on network TV anymore?

literally a jumbled mess of culture and technology from different eras

SHIEEEEET

I just realised the guy who keeps saying "it's cats" when there's an user shitposting has been at it since at least October 23. He's dedicated that's for sure.

Remember that meme that said Gatiss would be writing a Hocus Pocus inspired episode? Yeah I think I'd have preferred that to Sleep No More.

Not baiting here, but I have decided not to watch this year's Christmas special - or the upcoming series.
I've tried for two whole years to enjoy the Peter Capaldi era, but just can't.
I cringe at the dialogue, wince at the stories and grimace, oh how I grimace, at the tiresome formula.
It's just not exciting anymore. And I don't think it's Peter Capaldi's fault. He could've been great, but was wasted on the same, usual pseudo-poetic garbage we have received for years.
What happened to the thrill? What happened to the adventure? It's dull. So dull. It's lost its magic.
Doctor Who just feels like another show.
It's not special any more.

I may return to the show when Chris Chibnall takes the reigns if Capaldi has left. I'm sorry I feel this way.
It needs to be totally fresh again for me to enjoy it.

I hope Chris re-energizes the show again.

Prediction for the Christmas special:

Fade from black to white. Nothing is visible. Is the episode frozen? Should I turn off the telly? But, wait, there is something. Something is moving towards the screen from the deep white plane. It's moving carefully. Methodically. It is practiced and refined.

As the figure comes closer, it also becomes familiar. It is the ghost of Peter Capaldi, bitter with age even in the afterlife.

"My child, you have forgotten your purpose. You are far from the path of your destiny."

"No Peter," I say, "I will not become what you want me to be. I am free from the chains of your old tradition."

"You cannot escape it," he says, as his old face grows hard and cold. His skin tightens, his teeth extend, and his eyes become black holes that whistle when the wind blows through. His twisted skeleton reaches a hand through the screen and grabs me. He crawls through the television, slinking and crunching his monstrous form into the physical world. But I am stronger than him. His bones become dust and are swept away, out of sight, as if they were never there. He is gone again, for now.

Phuck off, everyone has already seen your bait pasta.

Was getting caught part of the Shift's plan?

Was Death in Heaven a love letter to Bane?

Hello, N8. Any ideas on how to expound on the Flux Doctor? Or a good way to start off the world?

Also, reminder that GOAT DW fan anthologies are available. You'll be giving to charity!

pseudoscopepublishing.com/timeshadows/

obversebooks.co.uk/product/a-target-for-tommy/

Which of these is the best pasta?

strawpoll.me/10955091

Man it's really hard to come up with an interesting story that doesn't sound like a rip off from anything the show has done before. How the hell does Moffat do it?

>How the hell does Moffat do it?
By ripping off Lawrence Miles books that only 1% of the audience has read.

Are you trying to make a story?

As someone who has read Miles stories, this meme needs to slow down. Moffat has enough originality that to say that all he does is ripoff is a little much.

1% is very generous, from what I've seen.

Yes. I'm the user that wrote the "12 and Clara are stuck for weeks in a locked base and all they can do is listen to the voices in the interphone - or not" post.

Shut the fark up Moffat.

God, Miles fans. Parkin fans are much more chill.

Don't worry about originality. Just write a good story. A lot of "original" stories took influences from other stories that were famous at the time.

Just write a good story. Your idea sounded original enough to me.

I wanted to rebut this, but you're actually right. Parkin fans really never are seen in arguments.

He doesnt, he just reworks Curse of Fatal Death over and over and hopes nobody notices

You're right, thank you.

Do you think adding a crew with 12 and Clara be useful or should I make it only with the both of them?

>ywn be told to throw away the key by Peter Capaldi

Adding a crew would allow for more charascter interaction.

I have a Fifth Doctor with Amy Pond fic that I've been writing. It's a contained story, with five characters.

Sounds good. Only having 2 or 3 characters. Until you realize that, with less characters, there's less chance for interaction. As I've been writing it, and killing off more characters, I'm finding it harder and harder to continue the plot. That's for a lot of reasons (writing each chaper with no pre-planning whatsoever was a mistake), but only having a few people to begin with was a part of it.

For you, I would say actually keep 12 and Clara to themselves. Or, just to be funny, try having other characters, but they are all externalizations of part of 12 and Clara's psyches . This feels like an idea that needs to needle at the psyche of the two characters. There's a lot of tension between 12 and Clara, and part of it is that 12 may not be the man you want to be alone with in an abandoned base. He's not the most comforting.

If you're going to set the whole thing on a base, then what will the focus of the story be? Specifically, why does this base exist? Why is their a creepy intercom or time loop, or whatever? You don't ever have to tell us why, but you should know concretely.

Objectively correct

>Parkin fans
Where?

I suppose I would count as one. But isn't he one of those writers that pretty much everyone likes? Mortimore and Miles have their fair share of critics, but I think I've never read a bad word about Parkin.

Oh I see what you mean. But I'll explain to you quickly the idea behind this, if you want?

The voices are from the future. See it like when Amy was lost in the complex in the Girl Who Waited, they're hearing their entire lives in this base unfold, stuck in there forever. This is actually a game or an experiment by some crazy TV guys. At one point, the future Doctor says Clara has died which makes the present Doctor go crazy and really try to get out. At the center of the base, there's a room that changes every night when they sleep and there's the clues they need to get out of there and that's their ticket out. In the intercom, they haven't found the clues and have lived their entire lives in the base. This timeline is erased, of course, when they get out.

So I don't really know if I could make the other characters part of their psyche, how would it work? Imaginary friends they talk to because they can't talk to each other anymore without screaming at each other? I'm also struggling to find a way to make them die. But that's a good idea, as they could tell 12 and Clara not to tell the other they're here, explaining why Clara wouldn't talk to 12's imaginary friend. But when one of them dies they break down and realise they're both going crazy. Might be too VNA dark though...

He does the same trope over and over again and sometimes making out a series of events using random numbers generator.

The other people could be other people who got locked in the base, and never got out.

Also, why do the villains want to trap them in there? If you can't think of a good reason, then maybe scrap the "crazy TV guys." Maybe have the time looping be an un-natural property of the building. It would be intriguing if 12 and Clara were in some Eldritch location, that was terrorizing them just because.

>The other people could be other people who got locked in the base, and never got out.
Wouldn't that kill the twist though? Surely these people would have realised the voices are theirs too since it's their future, it will at one point happen to them and they'll realise they said the same thing they heard a few weeks ago.

>Also, why do the villains want to trap them in there? If you can't think of a good reason, then maybe scrap the "crazy TV guys." Maybe have the time looping be an un-natural property of the building. It would be intriguing if 12 and Clara were in some Eldritch location, that was terrorizing them just because.
Good idea, but I'd need to find a pretty solid idea about why the central room shifts and changes all the time and who or what's causing it.

Actually, I was thinking that these people have been here so long, that they've forgotten who they are. Maybe it's like Hotel California--you can check in, but you may never leave.

Reasons:

>Ancient left-over alien tech

>TARDIS malfunction. (A classic that has worked since Edge of Destruction).

>A trap meant to keep criminals in prison eternally. Bonus points if Seven is the one who designed it, and it's evolved since he made it.

>Radiation from an nearby black hole leaked out, and caused alterations to the space-time fluctuations of the house

>Speedforce.

Another thing that you might want to change is the "12 hears Clara die." It's a little cliche. How about "12 hears that Clara will leave him forever?"

How would you fix Sleep No More?

I would usually avoid posting in a /who/ thread however, I was recently watching a BBC documentary on the painter Vincent Van Gogh and all i could think about was the final scene of Vincent and the Doctor. Tony Curran truly is a fantastic actor who really made this particularly memorable for me. Oh and who doesn't love a Bill Nighy cameo.

youtu.be/ubTJI_UphPk

Turn off the tv.

Make the monsters not booger monsters, and more "humans mutated from lack of sleep." If just that changed, it would make the episode much better. Also, make the cast more engaging.

>Actually, I was thinking that these people have been here so long, that they've forgotten who they are. Maybe it's like Hotel California--you can check in, but you may never leave.
That's a pretty good idea! I may use it for a few characters but not all of them so they can go "is that what's gonna happen to us?".

All these reasons are pretty good, thank you. How would that Tardis malfunction work though?

>Another thing that you might want to change is the "12 hears Clara die." It's a little cliche. How about "12 hears that Clara will leave him forever?"
Hearing a fall out, that could work. But since they're stuck in there, that wouldn't really work as she has nowhere to go?

>TARDIS malfunction
That's easy. Just have the TARDIS hit a black hole, or maybe the Doctor's little visit to the afterlife put more strain on the ship than he thought. I mean, Edge of Destruction literally said "a switch was left on."

- The monsters are people who have been driven insane/bodily warped by the no sleep process. Their eye area can be fucked up from sleep dust but that's it.
- The story focuses more on the exploitation of the workers rather than the cult of crusty sand things. The film was put together by the corporation trying to work out how to refine the process further.
- Instead of dust eye cameras, Morpheus generates a wireless link with your optic nerve which causes your sight to be recorded by the system
- The characters being affected by Morpheus start to hallucinate things that the others can't see, turning it into a nightmarish episode that exploits the multiple perspectives (think MotOE on steroids I guess). The kill sequences are like nightmares where time and space distorts and you can't get away.

Have Jamie Mathieson write it

>tfw i join twitter, hoping that the Doctor Who community on there might be more tolerable than Gallifrey Base
>full of teenagers
>deletes twitter after having it for one day

I'll stick to /who/

Honestly, /r/gallifrey is better.

That sounds so much better than what we got. Except for the explanation for the film--it should stay ambiguous.

No

Although I'm pretty sure Capaldi will appear. Not Bill though, since Class will be airing before her first Doctor Who episode.

Shame he only wore that for that brief scene

>tfw they didn't release the sleep no more script like they did face the raven/heaven sent/hell bent

would like to see a /who/ directors cut version

Yeah it's a pretty cool shirt.
Maybe S10?

New main range cover released

Maybe

Kinda doesn't look like he'll be wearing the t-shirts much in S10, but I guess you can't really tell from what they've filmed in public so far

I think they're probably too ashamed of it. There were rumours that SNM fell apart during shooting and needed rapid rewriting.

he's got a new holey jumper that's even holier than the last AFAIK

>I would usually avoid posting in a /who/ thread

It's a great scene, probably the best thing to come out of that season. What was the documentary?

Who is this qt pie in the background on the right?

Got any set pics of it? I've been away from /who/ for a week

Holey jumper's been my favourite since Listen

Miranda Raison

I meant the guy.

Colin Baker

Arian Nik.

Steve Ricks posted an enhanced pic of the jumper on his page which kinda brings out the holes a bit better

Yeah the holey jumper is one of my favorites too.
I wonder if the Hartnell/Troughton trousers will come back.

You are the GOAT, thanks user

Oh, I've seen that one
Looks good but I don't see any holes, am I going blind?

Doctor Penguin

They're here, but he's making shit up. It's the same as in Listen.

>Black velvet coat
>Hoodie
>jumper
>t-shirt
He must be boiling in all that. Waistcoat-only episode when??

>Destroyed jumper
>$200

Kek.
Cosplay fags are the fucking worst kind of fans as well.

the undershirt is burgundy so that's probably why you can't see holes

see

Oh yeah, now I see the red shirt through them

Capaldi has to be the nuWho Doctor to change up his wardrobe the most right?

Probably. Personally i don't really like any of his costumes, bar his first one at the end of Deep Breath and in Into the Dalek and the Purple one in Robot of Sherwood.

HATE the hoodie/tshirts/guitar, and the velvet is theatrical but nice.

9 had the best NewWho costume. It was basic yet iconic. Tennant's was impractical, and Smith's was good until he started wearing the purple frock coat

>Capaldi has to be the nuWho Doctor to change up his wardrobe the most right?
Yeah. Usually keeps the same red lining coat but adds other variations to it like the whoodies holey jumper etc.
I think S10 is going to be full velvet now with added stuff.

Eccleston just wore the leather jacket.
Tennant wore the blue/brown suit with the big brown coat. Occasionally a tuxedo.
I don't really remember what Matt wore aside from the tweed and the purple coat.

Matt had that green coat for the latter half of Series 6 and the Victorian stuff in The Snowmen and The Time of The Doctor

Purple coat 11 was honestly my fave Smith costume. IDGAF.

I think only Pertwee and Tom were bigger clotheshorses.

Yeah they had a lot of outfits.