Has anyone else never been able to get into Stalker...

Has anyone else never been able to get into Stalker? I've watched the first part two times but I just feel bored and disengaged. I've enjoyed other slow/"boring" movies, too.

Pic semi-related, it came up when I searched for "stalker" in my Sup Forums folder.

>the guy who made this pic dropped this cunt mudshark by now making his embarrassment in retrospect even bigger

That's because you're expecting something to actually happen like in the games.
It's an atmospheric movie, you watch sceneries where nothing happen and that's it, no deep meaning or anything.I was bored too, I watch the whole thing because it was like a duty to.
If you can't sit through it, don't force yourself.
You're not missing on anything. Unless you're planning to shoot a movie with minimal dialogues that relies solely on scenery you're got nothing to learn from it either.

>That's because you're expecting something to actually happen like in the games.
I've never played the games.

oh. Now here you missed out on something.

This is fuckin autistic paparazzi kino

>On being told that Stalker should be faster and more dynamic, Tarkovsky replied:
>The film needs to be slower and duller at the start so that the viewers who walked into the wrong theatre have time to leave before the main action starts.

btfo tbqfh

how the whole fucking room looks at him is gold.

That thing they're eating looks pretty tasty

Have you never had stir fried noodles before user?

Only the cheap packet ones, nothing in a proper restaurant

That's a foodcourt user, about as far from a proper restaurant as you can get.

But its a staple of any chinese resteraunt you're likely to find. Pretty tasty.

I actually became momentarily retarded back then. I've had stir fried noodles plenty of times on chinese restaurants. What I've never had is yakisoba.

Post the other one with the homeless guys sucking each other off

does this really exist?

It does. In fact, you might recognize that gay blowjob

Sup Forums is just as bad as reddit. Is /film/ ever coming? Do any of the other image boards have worthwhile film boards?

>Do any of the other image boards have worthwhile film boards?
Rule 10, newfriend.

STALKER is still playable without mods, don't be a drag

just read the book instead

Jesus fuck, people still refer to a 10 year old meme? This thread didn't even start a conversation about the movie, only about the game that has nothing to do with it and the girl from kick-ass. The worst part is that posters here still think they know anything about films jusr by posting on this board.

yakisoba literally means fried noodles though.

I thought most of the first part was boring and most of the second part was fedora-levels of philosophy.

Like all of his films, it's terrible.

That is until you visit Sup Forums and the contrarians convince you his absolute lack of any substance in his films is what makes them great.