Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2017/Custom/Modern-Double-Cut-Standard.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>powder blue t-bird

so tasteless I almost like it

Second for LP, preferably made in Japan.

Feel the same way. Gibsons been putting out some cool firebirds out lately, tacky but I can't help but want one.

Needs P90s, neck through and jazzymasty trem.

hi

hello

>gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2017/Custom/Modern-Double-Cut-Standard.aspx

Looks like Gibson revealed their new original model.

Thoughts?

sup brah

Isn't that just the Tak Matsumoto model?

learning guitar on a $40 childrens beginner guitar
it sounds terrible ofc but would skills transfer to an actual guitar?

Maybe if you can actually tune and intonate it.

>Thoughts?
it's shit
upper fret access looks like ass
body shape looks like a cheap PRS

Looks like the shittiest parts of a bunch of good guitars squished together.

i can tune it but it goes out of tune in like a minute lol

>Tak Matsumoto
It's a bit different but probably took inspiration from it.

It'll be hard to advance like that honestly.

first

>tfw I've started to unironically like Firebirds

Ok, today bought pic related (Ibanez V70CE electro-acoustic guitar as my first guitar ever). Now the question is, should I start learning from justinguitar.com or the wiser choice would be Gibson's Learn & Master Guitar Bonus Workshops (by Steve Krenz)? Nevertheless I'm going to take several private lessons with professional musician to learn how to hold/play guitar properly.

>learning guitar on a $40 childrens beginner guitar

oh man, you are in the right thread

>learning guitar on a $40 childrens beginner guitar

So is everybody else in this thread

hi

>different shaped Les Paul
>with a neck joint we should have implemented 20 years ago
>rosewood fingerboard because it won't be in production very long
>but hey we got rid of the extra useless volume and tone controls that were high tech in the 1950s
>no, we didn't bother designing a new headstock so you'll have to put up with that old shit looking totally out of place
>3 tuners per side, even though it's the 21st century

seriously, this should be the year Gibson finally go bust

they changed the headstock apparently

At this point they should make a headless model.

>try to practice once a day
>still sounds like shit a whole month later
>slowly lose motivation to even try
>haven't practiced in two weeks

How did you boys push yourselves to learn? I'm sure most of you will say it came naturally though.

I mean, it's got old pickups and even older hardware. The only new things about it are the body shape and the neck joint. It would look better with a more modern headstock design. And would it kill them to fit a trem? Would it be such a climbdown to develop a single coil pickup?

>I can't git gud by playing for ten minutes a week

And yet it looks identical

I was actually practicing almost 3 hours a day everyday.

wich guitar is this?

it's the construction method that makes gibson headstocks so brittle, not its shape
dean headstocks are huge and have the same angle, but not that problem

should i get a tele if i want to be unoriginal and normies can tell me i have a nice guitar?

What is reasonable for a 97 Japanese Jaguar? 600?

it's that one, right there

nice looking schecter there

$600 for sunburst, white or candy apple red $800 max for other colors

the FashBasher

good2 see u

wtf this has changed my life

getting blown out by dean is a little embarrassing

>practice almost daily for 8 years
>still suck ass
Well at least no one can ever hear me play

Hey guys can I get some help. WTF is the practice routine.

I just filed one of my guitar's frets with some sandpaper.
The fret is probably ruined forever now and I don't have the tools to give it a proper crown but it doesn't buzz so bad anymore.

Start writing songs

The only way to actually learn guitar and its intricasies is to start writing some songs dude

You file with a file. You sand with sand or other abrasive particles.

Gibson has been out of the loop since decades now.
It's not even a particularily complex fix, since they do that even on the cheapo chink Deans.

what did you even expect ?

I'm three years in and I'm a decent/good player, and I've never written any song.
You get good at playing by practicing.
Writing songs is only gonna make you better at writing songs.

schecter banshee?

3 tuners per side feels better than 6 cramped together.

you see p90s at lot I guess

The m2s look alright, but these colors tho

I don't really like making my own music because I have very poor imagination. I sometimes just mess around and make some simple chord progressions when practicing but that's about it.
I just mostly try to play technical stuff from artists that I like.

Thank you

Does Dean just two piece scarf joint?

>You get good at playing by practicing.
>Writing songs is only gonna make you better at writing songs.

So, to you, the only point of playing is to "get good". Not to make music or express anything. Just getting good so you can tell everyone how good you are.

yeah, that

For it to buzz less and have a flat but survivable non-crown

I don't have emotions to express and am in general not a musical person. I like to 'get good' so I can play for myself and hopefully get some joy from it. My guitar is the only thing in life that I have.

wow, sounds like it's well past kill yourself o'clock in your personal time zone

I remember my first year of high school too

I did it out of sheer pettiness and anger like "Fuck you guitar I'm gonna beat you"

Ok, what's the best way to practice playing an electric guitar? Standing or sitting? Will practicing sitting down be a transferable skill whilst standing?

Im not a strat guy, but I gotta say, this guitar in this color is fabulous, im looking to getting a squier affinity in this color, thoughts on the build quality? Is it worth getting just to have a strat type guitar?

Whichever feels more comfortable.
And pretty much yes.

>if I piss sitting down on the toilet, will that skill be transferred over when I use a urinal?

>squier affinity
>build quality

Ok, so it's better to practice standing? If that's how I'd rather play?

Arm angle will change. Even switching from left knee to right requires slight alterations to technique. Also, fret access can be facilitated or inhibited. If you're going to perform standing then stand.

Don't buy a guitar just because of the color. Affinity squiers suck.

It doesnt have to be premium level Gibson (hahaha gibson quality hahaha) but long lasting as far as the build of the wood components

squier affinity are quite literally the worst build quality and worst materials imaginable, they are kids toys

save your money until you can afford at the very least a Squier Vintage Modified and ideally a Classic Vibe, the entire Affinity range isn't worth the money

One thing you have to be aware of is if you play over your right leg while seated, your neck will be at a totally different angle when standing. But even if you play over the left leg with a strap while sitting there will still be a slight difference, but then it's only noticeable on really hard parts. Practice standing if you're going to be performing standing

Anyone ever play a Samick hollowbody?

Does jazz sound good on the acoustic guitar?

Learn as many standards as you possibly can- get your tone crisp as shit. Learn as many scales/modes as you possibly can, practice your improvisation off of those scales. Familiarize yourself as well as possible with every "conventional" chord you can think of and start improvising with chords.

Finally, apply said techniques to the standards you've learned and start improvising around them. After a decade of this, start playing bar gigs while some savant virtuosio rips harder than you could ever imagine- translate your jealous rage into motivation to work harder. It's really something that you have to treat like a sport you're constantly training for.

>after you become famous get yourself killed by a bouncer at a shitty bar and go down in history as one of the greats

Is Orange a good amp if I want a clean and post-hardcore sound?

>Does jazz sound good

no

You have to be at least 18 years of age to post on Sup Forums.

look up Charlie Byrd

Can someone tan out ravens by mount eerie for me?

Could be space age futurism cool, but the classic head kills it.

That's an old Schecter Blackjack from like 20 yrs ago. The writing on the headstock is the old Diamond Series script.

I've only heard of tanning things like cow abd pig leather, I don't know if bird skin is thick enough

>4k

Hello? HELLO?!

I can get two Standards for that price, WTF! Even a historic replica!!!!!

Tab*

dab*

Or a guitar that you dare to take out of the house without fear of damaging it

and an amp

and a used car

REMINDER: JIMI HENDRIX IS THE MOST OVER RATED GUITARIST OF ALL TIME

well, no, because Eric fucking Clapton

and Jimmy fucking Page

but yeah, Hendrix is near the top of the list

No, thats BB King

>Hendrix
>better than Page
kek, good joke

Yes. Trendy bitch

That would be slash

I'd get one in all white with a flat body would look cool I think Gibson headstocks can look good with bodies like this more so than the curvy a lot of people don't dig this design for some reason and I can't understand why it looks neat would want to modify it a bit though kinda reminds me of the univox high flyer

haha, like anyone actually rates him as a guitar player

I have a Fender P bass in that color, it's way better in person. But you should really try to at least get a MIM fender if you're gonna get a strat.

>should I get a Squier Affinity
>get a vintage mod or a classic vibe
you should get a MIM Fender

I don't feel like tabbing it. It's mostly based of a C major chord with a capo on the 2nd fret. Technically it's in D major, but the only way to do the bass parts on the guitar is with the capo.

Is all of my "totally overkill for any bedroom guitarist" equipment just the equivalent of a lifted truck meaning I have a small penis

Yeah the higher end ones are pretty nice. I think the one in your picture is one of the nicer ones because of the spruce top.

No as long as you keep working on your craft.

that was really wholesome