Hey, so, I have Asperger's Syndrome and to be honest, I have friends and a social group, but it's like...

Hey, so, I have Asperger's Syndrome and to be honest, I have friends and a social group, but it's like, whenever I'm with them, I'm not present, I'm in my head and fucking anxious.

- Easily distracted by interruptions
- Do 'tics' or ritualistic things by a certain number
- Have a hard time processing information conveyed when someone speaks to me
- Have a hard time giving a response that's coherent
- Don't really feel emotional connection to other people
- Not really listening when someone's speaking because I think about how I want the conversation to flow
- Eye contact is extremely intimidating when around strangers
- Heightened awareness of social environment
- Extremely obsessive over one thing
- Hard time listening if I am in a group and not one-on-one
- My relationships have been extremely anxiety inducing and I can't really have one because I am very afraid to get closer to someone
- Notice small details that are obscure that no one else usually sees

Should I kill myself? I think if I really am never going to cure ASD or fit in why live? I just ended my last relationship of two months and I just don't think I am able to be in them because people make me feel really nervous

you have aspergers and you've at least had a gf, you're doing better than most of the people here.

Smoke drug till happy

Why does having a girl friend matter? I think you're searching for meaningful connection rather than someone to be with.

My problem is I feel inhibited from having meaningful connections. I'm just a robot.

Probably bait but heres what i think about suicide:
It makes no sense to just give up on life, you get one shot at it and you make the best out of it.

-AUTISTIC SCREECHING-

Its not asperger. Its depression with very low self esteem faggot.

Consider this, Get overly fucking Autistically enthralled with a combat sport. Drink water like its your daddy cum, Buckets daily. And then live on alone ripped as hell.

And maybe during all of this you might get some. Ive got that grade A Asperger's and my last girlfriend was a single mother with 2 kids over 4 months ago. Its around that time for me that i'm considering hitting up a few girls that walk there dogs around the area. Do the same.

...Faggot

As someone with the same syndrome here's a tip: You might not be good at feeling but at thinking you sure are, so no matter how you feel when in contact with Strangers, be it riding a train or talking to the cashier at a store, just think about this for a second: You dont really care for other people do you? So why should they care about you? They just want to get over with whatever they're doing.

Obviously the above only works for business related interaction.

DW about friends/GF, you will find some eventually, even i did and im a overweight social outcast that lives at Moms. (No GF tho)

You're doing better than me and i haven't killed myself yet, nor do i plan to.

If you're able to start a relationship while living with aspergers, then you're doing pretty well. The older you get while not even trying to form relationships, the shittier you feel. I'm 35, I have aspergers and I live alone. I see people at work and maybe once every month I'll see one of my few friends or family from out of town. It sucks and it's boring, but I have too much difficulty trying new things. You should just keep trying. Don't shut down and give in to it. If people think you're weird, try to brush it off. If you need to be yourself, by yourself, then find a nice quiet place and do your thing. Just don't stay there too long.

Wow, thank you. I appreciate how supportive a stranger can be. I don't think I want a relationship, friends as badly as I want to be able to feel intimacy. I'm not lonely, I also don't really have an interest in sex.

Does Xanax help you by any chance?

I haven't really tried xanax. I took one pill with some friends a long time ago, but I didn't feel it. I think the dose was too low. Different drugs affect me in weird ways. It takes triple the regular dose of any sedative I've tried to get drowsy. I stay away from uppers. Regular sudafed (the kind you have to show ID for) will keep me awake. Ritalin turns me into a silently crying zombie for 10 hours, most of which I won't remember. Zoloft erases all emotion and turns me into a robot. I've given up looking for a drug to balance aspergers. Alcohol actually works best, but also makes me an asshole, so I don't drink.

meditate, and give up ALL grains, soya / vegetable oils in your diet ... trust me user... those things above have the power to radically benefit anyone and everyone... meditation is often brushed off, but it truly is life changing...

fuck it

i know its Sup Forums but have an honest appraisa

people come in differne t flavours and thats what makes us interesting to others or at least worthy of having them around , tics and feeling distant are what makes you and the people whom chill with you dont mind or care , its a single proportion of what you are and theres a depth thats worthy of having you around

so fuckin chill you retard ...chill , allow people to appriciate whom you are and not your percetions of what you think you are , people as a whole will show latitude as and whens needed ,

do not fuck up what you have

now an old mans going back to calling people a fag

fuck i hate this keyboard

Have you ever considered trying marijuana? I have sensory processing disorder although I am questioning whether it is that or the same condition that you have. I'm 27, and I was pretty much diagnosed on and off with different things since I was a child. I react to drugs differently the same ways you do, but weed has been my preferred drug of choice.

The way I see the challenges of life like understanding given directions, trying to understand body language. or shit having to process smells and sounds. I don't ever sweat anything like that, things like that are the small stuff to me. I don't have a relationship either mostly because I'm a lesbian so life is a tad more confusing when it comes to liking someone.

lol meditation is pretty much the only way I can get myself to sleep. As far as grains go, I'm mostly there. Sometimes it's hard to avoid them altogether on my budget. I only cook with butter and coconut oil. Where drugs have failed me, diet has helped a lot. In order to get my job done, I have to keep my metabolism up pretty high, and it keeps my mood up and my mind pretty sharp. I fucking love avocados.

that sounds great man, coconut oil / butter are insanely healthy :).... you can do it on a budget, I'd implore you to try 30-60 days completely grain free, no tolerance for any gluten/wheat, grains altogether ideally.

That's good if you meditate before sleep, again though try 20-40 mins per day, do it at the same time during the day if possible (helps keep the habit), try this for a good few weeks solid, you'll see the benefits I'm sure and won't want to stop.

From what you are saying here, it sounds like you are looking into and taking on your own health... you are already doing more than the vast majority of humans on the planet. :)

Exactly same problems, exactly same thoughts.

Where are you from?

dairy is another big one, high fat dairy such as cream/butter/ghee/cheeses, fine, a lot of problems can come from milk / lower fat dairy that contains the proteins

You don't have asperger's. They haven't called it that for years, since the dsm 5 came out in 2013. A person with autism wouldn't be calling it that anymore.

Alright OP, I'm gonna keep this short- I have ASD as well and I have the same problems as you do. We all have problems, you can't just be a pussy and take the easy way out and kill yourself. Your life isn't that bad, despite what you might think. So if you're going to kill yourself, just do it already instead of complaining to a bunch of anons, but keep in mind you'll be a huge pussy if you do.

Yeah, Anhero for us. It is the only way.

It's called autism spectrum disorder now, but aspergers is still an accurate way of naming it. It's a form of high functioning autism that is quite uniform. Most people with aspergers share common behaviors. Many doctors (especially older ones) still refer to it as aspergers for that reason. Just because it has a different name now doesn't mean it has changed.

No psychologist still calls it that. It's like calling someone a retard, the term is considered archaic.

Old doctors are archaic lol. My psychologist had me on 200mg of zoloft. Now anything over 100 is deemed unsafe. People like to think that all people who work in the medical field are pristine and perfect. They are all people. Some of them suck at their job but they still get by on their old reputation.

Yea, I'm on 100 mg of zoloft right now and I remember my doctor saying that that's the usual dose and you can't go above that

Ok, but it's not called asperger's and a person with it wouldn't be calling it that. That's why this thread is fake and gay.