Other urls found in this thread:

mikeshinoda.com/2011/06/03/best-album-of-2011-so-far/
youtube.com/watch?v=jXJdtcpase4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Death grips are nu metal raprock

mikeshinoda.com/2011/06/03/best-album-of-2011-so-far/

LP and DG collab inc

Dude from Linkin Park seems like a cool guy desu

Linkin Park fans confirmed patrician or pleb faggots?

It's pretty weird to wear the shirt of a band you influenced.

THESE but non-ironically

>I wish I were in DG instead

it was a dead meme in 2012
heck you would probaly see dg tees in hot topic if they didnt still pretend they had an image to maintain

the rising tied is a decent album, in part thanks to the collabs with styles of beyond

youtube.com/watch?v=jXJdtcpase4

Shinoda = patrician
Chester Bennington = utter pleb

Truth

Do you mean unironically?

Death grips are the new linkin park.
Just think about it: Kids thought linkin park was super edgy back in the days

Kids now think Death Grips are super edgy. Death grips are the new linkin park nu metal.

this

mike is chill and basically the head of the project now

chester sounds / acts like a female-to-male tranny on its period

ONE THING
I DON'T KNOW WHY

Zach Hill I don't think was influenced by Linkin Park. He was into stuff like Primus and metal bands I don't know anything about. And punk like Dead Kennedys and Black Flag.

He just likes Death Grips

Linkin Park attracted way more listeners.

So the way some childish Sup Forums pleb perceives their fanbases is grounds for comparison

Interesting... this really got me thinking...

Linkin Park was getting mainstream radio play though

that's such a strong parallel, you really paint a picture with words for someone who has never listened to either

radio was relevant at the time

i don't see the big deal about it?
its cool LP likes dg. hybrid theory is a good album.

>le DG ARE THE NEW LINKIN PARK OF LIMP BIZKIT-meme

never change Sup Forums

triggered ironic death grips memers spotted

Unironically: Hybrid Theory and The Money Store both combine strong pop hooks/song structures with palatable abrasiveness and angst, as well as a pastiche of electronic and rock timbres. Both are also pretty good albums. Money Store is also obviously edgier in the way thay Marilyn Manson is edgier than Alice Cooper—culture has evolved and the envelope has been pushed.

People are right to point out, though, that DG have not and will not reach the massive radio/commercial success that LP did, but I think there are a lot of contextual reasons for that.

This is true

Well done

He likes death grips? It's not like they've been a Sup Forums only band that only we can listen to.
Imo after exmilitary, they're garbage.

Patrician for admitting they didn't like it and not shitting on it tbqhwyf

100%

The difference is that one is a monument to the fact that you can have edgy music that isn't just edgy for the sake of being edgy and the other is just aimless angst from white middle class 11 year olds angry at their parents because they only let them play CS:GO until 8 PM after getting a B on their chemistry quiz.

Why is this surprising? There are really obviously DG-influenced tracks on A Thousand Suns, like Wretches and Kings.

fyi Ormolycka has original DG tapes back up

Kanye clearly listens to Death Grips so why is this a surprise?