I am a certified pharmacy technician. Ask me anything

I am a certified pharmacy technician. Ask me anything.

I will not disclose my employer, nor will I disclose any HIPAA-protected info (We don't fill for any celebrities or anybody remotely interesting anyways, so this isn't really a problem)

how do i get my doc to give me xanax

Did you pay forty dollars for those? Did you get ripped off?

How much do you make?
Do you ever steal drugs, if so which ones?
How hard was college?

Learn how to act like somebody with an anxiety disorder. Bring up your "concerns" with the good doctor.

That's a picture of Levothyroxine 112mcg that I found on google.

What are the best meds for appetite supression? Are there any for the off lable treatment of binge eating? I'm at my wits end, im not fat but i will be if I don't stop

how long did it take you to get your certification and where did you get it?

I would like to become a pharmacy tech because it seems easy.

Who is your employer and what is some HIPAA-protected info you could give me?

Are there any drugs that have recreational value without the major risk of addiction/withdrawal? I'm so fucking bored and depressed, i want something to take my mind off of things

i actually have an anxiety disorder, diagnosed by a psychologist
but he still won't give me shit other than SSRI's

I made $7.75 an hour before my certification. Once all the paperwork processes, I'll be making $8.25. That's comparatively pretty bad for a CPhT. Once I grind out a couple years of experience, I intend to get hired at a hospital. That's where the decent money is. I didn't go to college, I took a certification program provided through my employer. The test was a little difficult, but nothing too crazy. I intend to take the national certification test before too long.

Over the counter, nothing good. Discuss with your PCP.

Six months, through a program provided by my employer. Most retail pharmacies provide such a program.

Your best bet may be Gabapentin. It's nothing too crazy, but can increase other highs.

How much do you get paid and how long did it take you to become certified?
Also, are you a minority?

>weed

or take some Xanax and have self control take it couple times a week at most.

how annoyed do you get at people bitching that they have to pay $2 copays on their government insurance?

Pharmacist here

what kind of drug is that?

How to I get my hands on ritalin without a prescription?

Try a different doctor. Some doctors are more skittish than others about controlled substances, especially known party drugs like alprazolam.

Already answered the first part, but I am not a minority.

Every. Fucking. Time. That shit makes me go nuclear on the inside while I maintain my professionalism and tell them that if they have any issues with their copays, they should take it up with their insurance.

Very expensively, that's how.

What is best for sinus... Anything that is little too 'good' for me

That's Breadazepam. It's not as good as other Benzos, and most insurances don't even cover it. Don't even bother.

What should i tell a doctor to get prescribed gabapentin?

are "pill mills" a real thing that works?

Will 8 20mg adderall, 4 100mg serouel, 10mg of klonopin, a n ton of trazadone and a bottle of spice rum get the job done. Lost my job and realized im a toxic person nobody wants around so will this do it expert of Sup Forums?

Fuck I work in an easy ass factory making BMW parts and they started me out at $14.95 an hour right off the street. Easy as shit just stand there like you do all day moving shit around

Are people dying from prescription opiates or is it the chinese knock offs killing them? I've done oxycodone one and off for years, rarely going over 30mg a day, and I quit when I want with minor if any withdrawals. I dont see it as a dangerous drug at all.

Whay are some tips for getting away with robbing a pharmacy. What security do most have?

Well, it's a muscle relaxer, so...

Probably. There are definitely some shady doctors who will prescribe you a CII for anything.

IDK, we have a pharmacist in the thread. Ask them.

Pharmafag hear with 20 years experience just saw this thread on my way home. Gotta laugh. Techs don't know shit. May as well as a hospital orderly for medical advice.

If you're a toxic person then administering toxins to your system won't do much.

Prescription opiates rarely kill, mostly just turn people into zombified addicts.

You won't get away with it. Even if you do, the DEA will get involved and those guys do not play around.

I'm sorry that you don't have a team that you work well with. May I suggest training your team better?

So op what you thing will a .3 of mdma help along with what i have already. I really dont want wake in the psychward?

Friend in hs had a prescription and let me have as much as I wanted. Pop 4 of those and chase with a beer you're in heaven.

How do I get oxycodone? I hate being in pain.

Phentermine but u need a script.

I have R.a. and A.s.
I take humira
Are there any better alt?

It will end the system thats whay im going for starting atm hope it ends well.

There was a lady on a different shift that stole control drugs over the course of 10 years. They fired her when they found out. Nobody even called the cops

Some horrid old hag was slowing the queue and loudly complaining about similar petty shit. The witch was berating the young pharmacy tech about how terrible their store and service was because she didn't have to pay 1 dollar at the other store she went to (tech explained the copay change from year to year sometimes but she was too busy being a pile of shit to listen.

She turned around to get confirmation from other customers about how hard her life is because she had to pay one dollar for whatever butt cancer she has. Most people just awkwardly looked at their phones to avoid interacting. She turned to me with a hideous shit eating smile and I smiled back saying how I've never had a problem with this store, it's faster than any other and always explain things well. Made sure to apologize to the employee in front of that bitch on behalf of real humans.

Ask or Techs do mostly grunt work and we only need to know very basic pharmacology.

Find a shady MD or Dentist. Or if your need is legit, you could go the legit route.

I'm not qualified to make that recommendation

Wow, jesus. That's pretty lax. We work on camera all day with no blind spots.

Who makes generic Welchol? Drug i.d. number?

Why do prescriptions always take over 9000 fucking years to fill?

Sounds about right. At least at my store though, for every one of those, we get 2-3 very pleasant regulars. One of them has bought us pizza on multiple occasions. So, all in all, I don't really mind the customer-base so much.

Tylenol codiene is good if you can find. Crush and put under the tongue. Yes it'll taste like shit but you bypass 1st pass metabolism by liver and get more codiene into bloodstream

Opnion on methadone vs suboxine. Also, do you feel filling narcotics scrips for those who clearly don't need them and either are doing it themselves or selling it?

Why can't I stay awake on xanax? I always fall right asleep and stay asleep for 11-12 hours after a bar.

No, your toxicity has made you immune. You're like the Toxic Avenger.

Thievery is all about opportunity, not brashly grabbing things

My meds give me terrible anxiety and paranoia (adderall). It's gotten to the point where I was more productive without it. What do? The thing is I'm not even sure I would like my job without it, and it pays way too good to give it to so easily.

Will i wake up expiereiced medici e man already took whT i mentioned working on killing of the rum. Might throw in the mdma to make it a enjoyable ending.

Freakin called a doctor 2 days ago to get someone's Niacin ER changed to normal niacin because she "couldn't afford the copay." thinking it was like $30-$200 or something. Get it changed. New copay is $2.

Call and tell her and she fucking says "If its not $0 I can't afford it." Oh fuck you

>Tylenol codiene is good if you can find.

Fucking US. Codeine is available OTC in every other civilized country. I make sure to remember that whenever I go to Canada or the UK.

afaik there is no generic yet, but I may be wrong

There's a lot more going on behind the scenes than "take your script, put pills in bottle, give to patient".

First we have to take the script, and this is assuming you're the only person in the queue at the moment (the queue is the collection of work that must be done. Patients who drop their scripts off and wait for them are given highest priority. We want you out of the store). We scan the image, select your profile, select your prescriber, select the medication, write the instructions in a way that is legible and not jargon abbreviations, input your refills authorized, date written and all that jazz, then we bill your insurance. From that point, the pharmacist checks to see if you've done that correctly. Then you must scan the stock bottle of the correct drug, which causes the label to print. You then count the amount of medication (you must double count if it is a controlled substance), place it in the bottle, and label it. You then hand this to the pharmacist, who performs the final check. If you're not the only person in line, expect to wait a bit. Even if you're the only person in the store, we're also working on electronically-received scripts.

Suboxone would be nice if people used it to wean off as intended, but most sub doctors just keep you on 8mgs for the rest of your life. As for filling for those who don't need them, there's nothing I can do about it, even though it sucks.

Kek

Oh that shit frustrates me to no end. Those kinds of people have no idea how annoying it is to go through all that effort for nothing.

Why do jews want to destroy western civilization and it's people?

Not for long ffellow btrd goodnight b thanks for tghe feels and laughs youvr provided ovrer the years goonight

Depends where you live.

In Michigan now I have never had to wait longer than 1 hour and its usually under 20 minutes.

In California I never waited less than one hour and they often ran out of common drugs and I'd have to wait 3 days until the net shipment arrived.

Living in California I learned to always get my prescription filled at the 28 day minimum wait time in case of fuck ups like out of stock.

Where do you live? Asking for wage purposes

For profit, of course.

how do i get prescribed zopiclones

Thoughts on alternative medicine vs pharmaceutical medicine?

Western Pennsylvania, in a suburban zone.

Find a doc who will prescribe em

doctors hand out ritalin like it's candy.

How many forged prescriptions do you see?

There's nothing proven on alternative medicine, but if you wanna spend the cash, I won't knock it. There's just a lot of unknowns and hearsay involved.

Not many. Our pharmacy is strict about that kind of thing and good at rooting them out, so word gets around and they usually try elsewhere. Sometimes people try it tho

Suck a basset hound's dick.

can you steal pain meds today in 2017?

my friend is one and in like 2005 he'd steal a bunch of painers.

what will i say to get them

I am a certified pharmacy, Ask me anything.

I will not disclose "Walgreens", nor will I disclose any stealing of medicing or rape-related info (I do it so much there is a real risk of being caught now..)

> OP, being this dense

Retard gabapentin is NOT a muscle relaxer. It is used for nerve pain/anticonvulsant. Just say you have a tingly/numb feeling and a sharp pain going down your leg. That'll get you gab easy.

Is it true that ADHD drugs like Ritalin, Dexedrine, Adderall, etc are essentially just Meth?

How do you read prescriptions from doctors?

That shit is illegible, I always wonder if I'll randomly get something else or different quantity because the doctor writes scribbles.

Fucking kek op on suicide watch

No.

Adderall is pretty close is just missing a ch3 group

Basically weaker versions of meth yea

How many meg of potassium chloride do I need to take to commit suicide ?

Tell them you have a hard time sleeping. That can get you some Ambien.

You probably CAN, depending, but to me, it's not worth the risk. I much prefer being able to pay my bills.

It takes a lot of work. Sometimes, on the worse ones, we have to call to clarify

Gabapentin was actually first prescribed as an anti seizure medication. Now it's used for all sorts of shit, mostly nerve pain. Not a muscle relaxer

>It is used for nerve pain/anticonvulsant. Just say you have a tingly/numb feeling and a sharp pain going down your leg. That'll get you gab easy.

I have pretty bad sciatica and was prescribed gabapentin, but it didn't do much for me.

Unfortunate because there does not appear to be any other nerve related drugs (no, fuck lyrica, that was terrible shit) that stop the nerve pain so best I can get is general pain killers like hydrocodone.

Why does it take you so long after I give you the prescription to just put some pills in a bottle and hand them to me

Kek, you got me

You guys are right, "it's a muscle relaxer" is basically the extremely shorthand answer I give to people when I can't be arsed to give them the full thing.

Suck an adriatic black bear's ass.

See

How long does it take for Alza 54 to get out of your urine? I weigh like 130ish

What's the best OTC anti anxiety med? Also nothing is really enjoyable or funny anymore to me. What can I do? Anything I can do besides going to a therapist/doctor?

Kek

Exercise

Nothing's gonna help you OTC my dude. Gonna need to see a doctor

I'm not entirely sure.

Chekt

Go to a small pharmacy and ask for cheratussin ac mang

Wut ? What state? My step mom was a pharm tech and made $16 and hour in Nevada.

Chekt

Do you know anything about how people are affected by standard job drug tests when they are prescribed medications that will show up as positive?

I imagine taking hydrocodone twice a day would show up under the opiate metabolites they check.

What do I do, bring my pill bottle and prescription papers from the pharmacy? Or do they just not care if people have medically prescribed positive tests?

PA, but $8.25 is low for a CPhT in this state.

Do you ever burst out laughing over a customer's health situation?

Yo bro I need some parts! Lucky I wish I could work in a BMW factory.

>but can increase other highs.

Yes, and other effects too. Before Christmas, I took 2mg of Xanax, and decided to have a beer. Then another, followed by another 1mg of xanax, a white russian, and a trip across the stateline, to the nearest liquor store. I returned with two fifths of whiskey.

I had drank about, I'd say 4 shots of whiskey, and popped some another xanax by the time my friend and his wife showed up. I remember them getting here, and then the next thing I remember was waking up to a destroyed house, friends (and my cats) who were scared shittless, and a fist that was cut to hell from punching every picture frame and mirror in my house. I also discovered that before the rampage I'd taken 1600mg of Gabapentin. Afterwards I apparently at least attempted to snort Benadryl, because I found a bunch crushed up and cut into lines on my desk.

I'm not a mean, or violent drunk. Drinking mellows me out usually and I'm already very laid back and easy-going. My friend actually had to try and round up all my firearms because apparently I got out my grandpa's old 10 gauge, and was playing with it. I drank the entire first 5th, and my friends hid the other from me, and were contemplating calling an ambulance, due to how crazy and out of control I became. There were some physical symptoms too, like very hot skin, and labored breathing. Needless to say, I'll never touch Gabapentin again.

Anything OTC I can take for being an alcoholic?
I have hand tremors and irregular heart beat, I don't wanna go cold turkey, other then drinking like a beer or two a day to taper, anything I can take?

fuck off Hector go to sleep