Are fingerboxes made in japan really better? I wanted to buy a set from j-list but it was too expensive

Are fingerboxes made in japan really better? I wanted to buy a set from j-list but it was too expensive.
Honestly, Sup Forums, what's wrong with american made fingerboxes?

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/memes/fingerboxes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Absolutely nothing you fuckin weeb. My '43 Kansas City fingerbox has held up for 2 generations, and I'm planning on passing it down to my own kids.

You're probably buying Chinese knockoffs like a retard. Good fingerboxes have to be special ordered from an artisan.

fingerboxes are just log of shit for oldfags.

The thing with Japanese Fingerboxes is that most of them are junk, the valuable ones say "Made in Nippon" and not "Made in Japan" as they will be hand crafted from special aged wood. My grandfather was in the pacific during the war and brought one back. It was in great condition and I had it professionally restored two years ago and the thing is worth a fortune by now.

No, they're boxes not logs. Fucking retard.

What the hell is a finger box?

Also. The solid carved ones have really gone up. Mine is a nice one but its still a composite, fine hand made japanese woodworking, but the ones carved from a solid piece of wood... fucking priceless. For shits and giggles I went with a friend to an auction for one and it sold for like $3400. That was back in 2011, easily worth double that today.

>he doesn't know

you're kidding right?

what's a finger box

Hello, reddit.

Nothing. People talk about their fingerbox and when someone asks they make fun of them.

The newer ones are usually made from some futuristic Jap shit, so they will last longer and take a beating pretty well. They're mass produced though and tend to be mistaken for sex toys.

Wtf why not Mexican 1910 baby best year

ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! ORIGINAL CONTENT HERE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!

Plastic fingerboxes are a crime against humanity. It should be legal to euthanize people like you.

I enjoy fingering Japaneses boxes more than American ones. I generally find them tighter and more responsive, but it all boils down to preference at the end of the day.

Fingerbox is an item fad that began on Sup Forums’s Sup Forums board sometime in the summer of 2010.

The fad involves someone posting a picture of a Fingerbox with a seemingly genuine question or remark, followed by other users acting as if they not only all know what the OP is referring to, but have owned one since childhood.

The common discussion points are the number of holes, the materials the box is made of, and different custom boxes and their merits.

Inevitably a user finally asks what a Fingerbox is, at which point they will promptly be laughed at and called a Newfag

Newfag shield here

Never said I preferred them but if you want to become an armchair professional about the market and what's available, you look at all options.

Fingerbox be a item fad dat fuckin started on Sup Forums’s Sup Forums board sometime up in tha summer of 2010.

Da fad involves one of mah thugs postin a picture of a Fingerbox wit a seemingly genuine question or remark, followed by other playas actin as if they not only all know what tha fuck tha OP is referrin ta yo, but have owned one since childhood.

Da common rap points is tha number of holes, tha shiznit tha box is made of, n' different custom boxes n' they merits.

Inevitably a user finally asks what tha fuck a Fingerbox is, at which point they will promptly be laughed at n' called a Newfag.

Remember when Sup Forums was good and shit like this never happ... yeah, who am I kidding here.

It is a tactile form of art where to properly experience the art you place your finger in the box. The point is to experience the absolute finest examples of craftsmanship possible. They originated in Japan and became somewhat popular during the 1920s in America as collectors items and then handmade units during the 1930s and 1940s as people were poor and couldn't find work but wealthy collectors were still paying money from them.

During the 1950s as the postwar economy thrived people saw a rapid standard of living and increase in wages and wanted to engage in activities that were once reserved for the very wealthy, one of these things was collecting and experiencing Fingerboxes. The market was flooded with cheap mass produced imitations (most people of this era never experienced a true fingerbox). So because cheap fingerboxes are not examples of fine made craftsmanship they became more of a fast fad and then dropped to obscurity as people associated them with junk.

Even a lot of finger boxes from the 1920s-1940s were destroyed as the interest was lost and people inheriting them didn't see the point.

The resurgance started in the late 1990s and then took off big time about 10 years ago.

The fad involves someone posting a picture LOOK AT ME I HAVE A FAGGOTBOX a FAGGOTBOX with a seemingly genuine question LOOK AT ME I HAVE A FAGGOTBOX remark, followed LOOK AT ME I HAVE A FAGGOTBOX other users acting LOOK AT ME I HAVE A FAGGOTBOX LOOK AT ME I HAVE A FAGGOTBOX they look how many fucks I give only look how many fucks I give know what look how many fucks I give LOOK AT ME I HAVE A FAGGOTBOX LOOK AT ME I HAVE A FAGGOTBOX referring LOOK AT ME I HAVE A FAGGOTBOX , look how many fucks I give have owned look how many fucks I give since childhood.

fucking newfag

I saved up for a fancy swiss fingerbox set. It's fucking heaven.

Zingxxxrbox is uhn itxxxm zuhd thuht bxxxguhn on 4chuhn’s Sup Forums bouhrd somxxxtimxxx in thxxx summxxxr oz 2010.

Thxxx zuhd involvxxxs somxxxonxxx posting uh picturxxx oz uh Zingxxxrbox vith uh sxxxxxxmingly gxxxnuinxxx quxxxstion or rxxxmuhrk, zollovxxxd by othxxxr usxxxrs uhcting uhs iz thxxxy not only uhll knov vhuht thxxx OP is rxxxzxxxrring to, but huhvxxx ovnxxxd onxxx sincxxx childhood.

Thxxx common discussion points uhrxxx thxxx numbxxxr oz holxxxs, thxxx muhtxxxriuhls thxxx box is muhdxxx oz, uhnd dizzxxxrxxxnt custom boxxxxs uhnd thxxxir mxxxrits.

Inxxxvituhbly uh usxxxr zinuhlly uhsks vhuht uh Zingxxxrbox is, uht vhich point thxxxy vill promptly bxxx luhughxxxd uht uhnd cuhllxxxd uh Nxxxvzuhg.

>Swiss
That's bosnian, you were scammed.

Why the fuck would you need 15 identical (or nearly identical) fingerboxes?

>he doesn't know!

Slangerbox is an item fad that ya know mahn cahn da da da dagan on Sup Forums’s Sup Forums board sometime in the summer of 2010

OH GOD I HAVE TO TAKE UH. JAMES BROWN MAYUN. SHIT GODDAMMIT.
The fad involves someone posting UH. JAMES BROWN MAYUN. picture of UH. JAMES BROWN MAYUN. Slangerbox with UH. JAMES BROWN MAYUN. seemingly genuine question or remark, followed by other users acting as if they not only all know what the OP is referring to, but have owned one since childhood OH GOD I HAVE TO TAKE UH. JAMES BROWN MAYUN. SHIT GODDAMMIT.

The common discussion points are the num ya know mahn cahn da da da dar of holes, the materials the box is made of, and different custom boxes and their merits OH GOD I HAVE TO TAKE UH. JAMES BROWN MAYUN. SHIT GODDAMMIT.

Inevitably UH. JAMES BROWN MAYUN. user finally asks what UH. JAMES BROWN MAYUN. Slangerbox is, at which point they will promptly ya know mahn cahn da da da da laughed at and called UH. JAMES BROWN MAYUN. Newfag OH GOD I HAVE TO TAKE UH. JAMES BROWN MAYUN. SHIT GODDAMMIT.

Fuck you.

JAMES BROWN MAYUN. the SHIT . JAMES BROWN MAYUN. summer SHIT . JAMES BROWN MAYUN. of SHIT . JAMES BROWN MAYUN. 2010.

The SHIT . JAMES BROWN MAYUN. fad SHIT . JAMES BROWN MAYUN. involves SHIT . JAMES BROWN MAYUN. someone SHIT . JAMES BROWN MAYUN. posting SHIT . JAMES BROWN MAYUN. a SHIT . JAMES BROWN MAYUN. picture SHIT . JAMES BROWN MAYUN. of SHIT . JAMES BROWN MAYUN

Yet you ruin it

The truth is that the best finger boxes produced are being produced right now. Japan used to produce fine ones however due to the market flooding they are no longer associated with quality. Switzerland and Austria produce amazing ones, Italy has a few good ones, Northern European countries thought they were some joke and make goofy ones, its not clear if they didn't understand the point or do them to be ironic. Spain was the first to make them out of hardened leather and these are nice, they are technically not true finger boxes. There are some quality craftsman who produce them in the US and they cost a fortune, expect a cheap one to cost $2000 or more.

Ones that were made during the great depression are usually not of the best quality but the ones that are still functioning have a historic value. My grandfather owned one that was gifted to FDR and was even on display in the Oval office during his presidency (it was gifted to him by Simeon S. Willis, the then governor of Kentucky). as part of a collection of about 80 fingerboxes from around the country. It was sold in 63 after it was thought just to be a fad and not have any historical significance. My uncle inherited and his cunt ex wife took it in their divorce.

japanese fingerboxes are made out of a single piece of keyaki wood, unlike american and mexican

I picked the tree out myself plebian.

The trick is on the inside little user, care to step into my office? I could show you.

Usually this is because they are a set of tactile experiences that the artist intends for you to experience in some sort of sequence (some will specify and others will let you explore). They are not actually identical.

It would be like asking why an album by one artist will have 12 songs on it.

This meme was funny once.

>Are fingerboxes made in japan really better?
Hell no. They are just cheap crap made in China, but marked up a huge premium because they were "designed" in Nippon.

Common misconception. The original ones were and they are stamped "Made in Nippon" on them. The ones that say "Made in Japan" were still joint crafted with various gumming agents used to give them the illusion of a single carved piece of wood. If you have one pre war its definitely a single piece of wood, but anything after that is going to be a cheap assembly.

Or so you'd think, but box fingering as an art form has resurfaced in the last year or so. We are now getting new carved boxes at sensible prices.
What a time to be alive.

The branding is tainted. Most of the top quality Japanese fingerbox craftstman moved to the United States or Europe. The Japanese are still mass producing them, and while they have improved, they are not what you think.

I've shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. UH. shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. JAMES shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. BROWN shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. MAYUN. shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. never shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. UH. shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. JAMES shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. BROWN shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. MAYUN. shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. seen shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. UH. shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. JAMES shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. BROWN shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. MAYUN. shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. such shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. UH. shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. JAMES shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. BROWN shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. MAYUN. shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. an shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. UH. shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. JAMES shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. BROWN shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. MAYUN. shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. angry shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. UH. shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. JAMES shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. BROWN shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. MAYUN. shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. Sup Forums shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. UH. shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. JAMES shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. BROWN shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. MAYUN. shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. thread shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. UH. shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. JAMES shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. BROWN shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. MAYUN. shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. in shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. UH. shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. JAMES shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. BROWN shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. MAYUN. shit-- JAMES BROWN MAYUN. forever.

The fad involves someone posting a picture LOOK AT ME I HAVE A FAGGOTBOX a FAGGOTBOX with a seemingly genuine question LOOK AT ME I HAVE A FAGGOTBOX remark, followed LOOK AT ME I HAVE A FAGGOTBOX other users acting LOOK AT ME I HAVE A FAGGOTBOX LOOK AT ME I HAVE A FAGGOTBOX they look how many fucks I give only look how many fucks I give know what look how many fucks I give LOOK AT ME I HAVE A FAGGOTBOX LOOK AT ME I HAVE A FAGGOTBOX referring LOOK AT ME I HAVE A FAGGOTBOX , look how many fucks I give have owned look how many fucks I give since childhood.

I guess you're not in it for the lulz

you should probably kys then

Oh, i am! Don't worry about me.

Fingerbox--hahaha DAT ASS--be--hahaha DAT ASS--a--hahaha DAT ASS--item--hahaha DAT ASS--fad--hahaha DAT ASS--dat--hahaha DAT ASS--fuckin--hahaha DAT ASS--started--hahaha DAT ASS--on--hahaha DAT ASS--Sup Forums’s--hahaha DAT ASS--Sup Forums--hahaha DAT ASS--board--hahaha DAT ASS--sometime--hahaha DAT ASS--up--hahaha DAT ASS--common--hahaha DAT ASS--rap--hahaha DAT ASS--points--hahaha DAT ASS--is--hahaha DAT ASS--tha--hahaha DAT ASS--number--hahaha DAT ASS--of--hahaha DAT ASS--holes,--hahaha DAT ASS--tha--hahaha DAT ASS--shiznit--hahaha DAT ASS--tha--hahaha DAT ASS--box--hahaha DAT ASS--is--hahaha DAT ASS--made--hahaha DAT ASS--of,--hahaha DAT ASS--n'--hahaha DAT ASS--different--hahaha DAT ASS--custom--hahaha DAT ASS--boxes--hahaha DAT ASS--n'--hahaha DAT ASS--they--hahaha DAT ASS--merits.

Inevitably--hahaha DAT ASS--a--hahaha DAT ASS--user--hahaha DAT ASS--finally--hahaha DAT ASS--asks--hahaha DAT ASS--what--hahaha DAT ASS--tha--hahaha DAT ASS--fuck--hahaha DAT ASS--a--hahaha DAT ASS--Fingerbox--hahaha DAT ASS--is,--hahaha DAT ASS--at--hahaha DAT ASS--which--hahaha DAT ASS--point--hahaha DAT ASS--they--hahaha DAT ASS--will--hahaha DAT ASS--promptly--hahaha DAT ASS--be--hahaha DAT ASS--laughed--hahaha DAT ASS--at--hahaha DAT ASS--n'--hahaha DAT ASS--called--hahaha DAT ASS--a--hahaha DAT ASS—Newfag.

I think he's mad because he was late to the finger box party.

Stop BUT NO! I HAVE A FAGGOTBOX
trolling, BUT NO! I HAVE A FAGGOTBOX
u BUT NO! I HAVE A FAGGOTBOX
faggot. GTFO LOOK HOW MANY FUCKS I GIVE
if LOOK HOW MANY FUCKS I GIVE
you LOOK HOW MANY FUCKS I GIVE
don't LOOK HOW MANY FUCKS I GIVE
like LOOK HOW MANY FUCKS I GIVE
fingerboxes

stay mad snowflake

Am I the one who's mad?

MY GRANDFATHER RAPED ME is an item fad that began on Sup Forums’s Sup Forums MY GRANDFATHER RAPED MEboard sometime in the summer of MY GRANDFATHER RAPED ME 2010.

The fad involves someone posting MY GRANDFATHER RAPED ME a picture of a MY GRANDFATHER RAPED ME Fingerbox with a seemingly genuine questionMY GRANDFATHER RAPED ME or remark, followed by other users acting MY GRANDFATHER RAPED ME as if they not only all know what the MY GRANDFATHER RAPED ME OP is referring to, but have owned one since childhood MY GRANDFATHER RAPED ME.

The common discussion points are MY GRANDFATHER RAPED ME the number of holesMY GRANDFATHER RAPED ME, the materials the box is made ofMY GRANDFATHER RAPED ME , and different custom boxes and theirMY GRANDFATHER RAPED ME merits.

Inevitably a user finally asks MY GRANDFATHER RAPED MEwhat a Fingerbox MY GRANDFATHER RAPED MEis, at which point they will promptly be MY GRANDFATHER RAPED ME laughed at and called a MY GRANDFATHER RAPED ME Newfag

my jimmies remain unrustled

in fact Im exhausted

goodnight randy

What are your thoughts on edible fingerboxes?
Please respond.

That was so fast