ITT: Simpleton arguments about music

>i don't like this artist's voice, therefore I don't like the music

(pic unrelated by the way)

THE FACT THAY

YER MUM

>Music is subjective

That doesn't sound like an argument, you may have aspergers.

they always say this when you call them out on shit taste
every
fucking
time

That's a valid reason to not like something though. If you hate cauliflower and an expert chef hands you a 10/10 meal with cauliflower in it then you're not going to enjoy it. Not the same as saying it's objectively bad.

Sup Forums tier argument right here

sorry bruh, personal taste is irrelephant and the sign of a pleb. how an artist/song conforms to music theory is all that matters

>(pic unrelated by the way)
But didn't Scaruffi called Björk overrated because of her voice?

So there's nothing you like simply because it caters to your personal taste? You don't have a "weak spot" for music that does this thing or that thing?

Yeah, but also put her #9 in the "Greatest rock female singers of all times"

on I don't put any stock in music theory at all, I guess I should have prefaced my post with a meme arrow. listen to what you like and fuck judgy mcjudgerson

>food analogies
>music theory

Both of you kys

>shit taste
taste is a meme

>taste is a meme
meme is a meme

>if top 40 is so simple, write a top 40 song right now and get famous

They're not wrong.

It's just different ways to create sounds that people enjoy listening to.

If you can wrote a stupid melody that gets the masses into it the first time they hear it, that is also a skill.

ITT: I don't know how to counter this argument so I'm just going to call it stupid and hopefully everyone will agree

doesn't mean it's not simple music

>Music is subjective.
>No, of course I would never listen to [insert trash here]!

It's not just that they think taste is subjective, but they also think that their taste is better than someone else's. If you will listen to U2 but not Slipknot, or whatever, maybe you want to think for a minute and tell me why you think one is better than another?

And it's always pleb shit like U2.