Learn rudimentary music theory

>learn rudimentary music theory
>read adorno
>tfw it's all true
>tfw we're being turned into musical retards
>tfw it's all prolefeed
>tfw we're all the fat woman singing the nonsense prolefeed song outside winston's window
>tfw all of Sup Forums is like children rearranging wooden A, B, C toy blocks and claiming their combination is the best "literature"
>tfw by being limited to blocks, you've already forfeited any chance of producing literature
>tfw all pop shit is just block combinations for retards
>tfw years wasted having "opinions" on block nonsense
>tfw all these bands and artists you thought were diametrically opposed pioneers of whole genres were actually virtually identical
>tfw Sup Forums is full of retards wasting their lives
>tfw "I'm really into music" essentially translates to "I like to eat junk food" as a hobby
>tfw this whole board thinks it's discussing different artforms and innovations when it's really doing the equivalent of saying "Big Macs are superior to Whoppers, in fact, Whoppers REVOLUTIONISED the Big Mac in the 80s, an I'll tell you how" while capitalism extrudes functionally identical meat-gruel into your mouth for pure profit
>tfw I was one of these retards to
>tfw I've wasted years of my fucking life talking to other retards about the musical equivalent of curly fries not fit for a pig to consume

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PdJ8HSXjpos
youtube.com/watch?v=rh3QY9HpZV8
youtube.com/watch?v=UQkonfhHvLk
youtube.com/watch?v=Tzuvfy4jFwE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>adorno
>>>/leftypol/

read some john maus interviews if op

>pseud the thread

what a nerd
shut up before i put u in my asshole pussyboi

>the simplicity of modern music
>everyones a star for 15 minutes

if its so simple then just make a top 40 song and be famous

we already have a pseud thread

If more educated people than you who have spent decades learning music theory still make music, then does your opinion really matter?

Also, yes. If music was taking only three chords and mashing them together with no useful variation and the same lyrics then it would be trash. However, music is made up of thousands of techniques and styles with to many possible musical arrangements to count.

Here's something that'll blow your mind, OP.
All literature is a combination of letters.
You fucking pseud.

oh you mean like The Chainsmokers did
youtube.com/watch?v=PdJ8HSXjpos

are you really saying that top 40 isn't any less complex than Scriabin/Bartok/Fauré/Rachmaninoff

>listen to Sup Forumscore and acarufficore shit for 8 years
>listen to the Art of Fugue by Bach once
>immediatly realize that every single musician I've heard so far was a unaware amateur

The difference in quantity and quality of content, maturity, insight and emptional value of his music surpassed every expectation I've had so far, rising immediatly the bar way too high for me to come back to what I was listening earlier.

Most Sup Forumscore albums are fundamentally formulaic, but people pretend they're not cause of lyrics appreciation and flashy new sounds that are put there in order to hide how poor the composition is.

this position will leave you feeling empty too. you will never fill this hole.

ok make a top 40 song right now

none of it is written with toy blocks, pseud

think of what children make with toy blocks
then think of whatever fancy literature you want

youtube.com/watch?v=rh3QY9HpZV8

>blatantly ignoring the point
>thinking top 40 isn't more about marketing than songwriting

lots of talented musician who've been doing interesting stuff for a long time decide they want to make music and shit out top 40 and get insta-rich

no I'm trying to say if you think its so easy make a top 40 quality song right now, and I know you cant because you posses no more talent than even the worst pop star. You simply sit back and judge entire art forms and decades of media without contributing anything because you are a useless person

Yes, but even if our feelings towards music are not entirely legitimate. At least with music, sometimes, you are able to understand how someone feels.

>no I'm trying to say if you think its so easy make a top 40 quality song right now, and I know you cant because you posses no more talent than even the worst pop star.
sure why daw do they use? i'll go download it now

>Most Sup Forumscore albums are fundamentally formulaic, but people pretend they're not cause of lyrics appreciation and flashy new sounds that are put there in order to hide how poor the composition is.
That implies that formulaic music is poorly composed which is not necessarily true.

Anyway, wouldn't 'flashy new sounds' indicate they weren't formulaic? I'm sure those GY!BE fans are just blown away by the lyrics and 'flashy new sounds'.

This.

whoa, calm down
you don't have to insult me

you literally called me a useless person because I said that top 40 is simple

I'm not a musician, but I don't have to be to recognize that classical music is more technically complex than top 40

>tfw you're beyond the point in which knowledge and appreciation of complex things no longer hinder the ability to find pleasure in "prolefeed" so you get the best of both worlds

Analogies are not an argument.
Is a Scale a block?
A Mode?
A Note?
A Chord?
A Key?
A Time Signature?
A Color?
A Sound?
A Language?
A Letter?
People who make posts like these lack a basic understanding of fine art, they rely on comparisons to literature, instead of one to fine art, which music has much more in common with.
With literature more than any other form of art, you are limited.
Do you play an instrument, do you speak a language, can you perceive color, sound, taste, smell, texture, balance, heat?
Literature is confined to paper and to voice.
The art world has attempted to move past status quo consistently. I bet you look at a Duchamp, Rothko, or even maybe Picasso, and somewhere deep down you think, "This is not art."
Popular music, whether you like it or not, is music. You do realize that every composer that has been and will be, from the late 18th century to today, harbors an appreciation for popular music?
Please show me your beautiful sonatas you composed and your ability to innovate music as an art form due to a basic understanding of it and a reading of an unrelated field.
All sound, fundamentally, is frequency and amplitude, nothing more or less.
Duchamp's Fountain, while simpler than Goya's many portraits he made as court painter in Spain is more important.

Adorno:
-dead
-a faggot

Me:
-cool, ahndsome guy
-alive and loving it
yah i really dont need to read this goon to know he's wrong about everything he's ever espoused. guy is a laughingstock in the real world

Hey now there's more to a burger than just the way you arrange the pickles, meat and cheese but there are all kinds of cheese and they come from different places and the cattle are raised in different climates and that opens up a whole discussion but most importantly

i probably have more genres on my ipod than any of you and i'm bedazzeled you'd even bother to get mad at the op he's clearly correct

ok then name some artists you actually believe are innovative

>conceptual art is simpler than portraiture

I'm a huge fan or Rothko, Pollock, Gorky, Kandinsky, Basquiat, Abramovic, Acconci, etc

all i'm trying to say is that top 40 is relatively simplistic (not necessarily bad) and it's a shame that most people's musical appreciation is limited to it

and why the fuck do you think I'm saying that popular music isn't enjoyable

John Maus is so hard to follow sometimes, though. His logic is heady and undefined. He rambles and stutters. Don't waste your time listening to the incoherent drivel of an autistic loof.

>why the fuck do you think I'm saying that popular music isn't enjoyable
because that's the argument 99% of rapid Sup Forums shitposters who just found out that music theory exists use
you seem somewhat smarter than them
If you're going to make a shitpost expect rude responses

got it
we cool?

You do realize that every composer that has been and will be, from the late 19th century to today, harbors an appreciation for good burgers? Please show me your succulent linguine you made and your ability to saute an onion informed on your basic understanding of oven maintenance and temperature control.
All burger, fundamentally, are fatty acids and proteins, nothing more or less.
Wendy's foundation drink, while simpler than your powdered matcha, are much more important.

youtube.com/watch?v=UQkonfhHvLk

>tfw you see yourself in him

>one of the worst tripfags will be banned for posting lewd on a blue board

The feat of successful pop music is simplifying everything while having enough subtle complexity that a passive listener wont actually notice though they will be kept interested by it unknowingly.

>i probably have more genres on my ipod than any of you and i'm bedazzeled you'd even bother to get mad at the op he's clearly correct
You're a fucking idiot. No one cares that you have obscure music downloaded to your ipod, that doesn't give you any qualifications at all.

>inb4 U MAD BRO?
No, you're just a fucking idiot.

take it your first year of college went well OP?

Is it just me, or does every kid that grew up playing and listening to "classical" music already realize this by the time they're 6?
Congrats on being a pseud, OP.

What about grimes?

Not OP, but Grimes knows jackshit about music theory. She can't even play an instrument. Ever seen mess around on the violin? Fucking cringeworthy.
She's got a unique voice, look, and sound, but she doesn't know how to write a song that leaves you satisfied.

the chainsmokers got a hit because they have rich parents who paid for "viral marketing." thats a who different problem with capitalism

Name the Pere Ubu of art music.

>Art of Fugue
>good

Damn, dude.

This was great until you implied any visual artist has ever reached Goya's power levels.

then you missed the whole fucking point of that post

Why are lyrics not Important? Why are textures not important. Not everything has to be compositionally complex to be musically interesting. Shenzhou is just loops of 5 second Debussy clips and it's one of the best albums of the millennium

OP, listen to this and then tell me that "rudimentary music theory" is required to make "good" music.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tzuvfy4jFwE

composition is a meme my man, it's made up

>he fell for the commie meme
>he doesn't realize that the goal of life is to make as much money as possible no matter the cost
no joke, justin bieber is better than any of that pretentious shit you think is good. these mental midgets just pretend it's some sort of high art to cover the fact that it will never sell.

This is probably bait, but it's unironically accurate.
There is literally nothing wrong with hierarchy.