youtube.com/watch?v=LakIE2JAH44
youtube.com/watch?v=IpW9usf6g54
youtube.com/watch?v=_xLJkIo4LqA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

SO SICK SO SICK OF BEING TIRED

I love that album

I do

that's a good album user

I do, but not I was never into that high school crap that was all the rage 10-15 years ago. Check out bands like Hoover, Native Nod and Still Life if you want to hear what emo used to sound like.

is it the genuine nature of Emo music that makes it so appealing?

That album is complete fucking garbage.

Get better taste niggers.

care to be more specific about why?

SO TIRED OF BEING SICK

You could slit my throat, and with my one last gasping breath I'd apologize for bleeding on your shirt!

Name a better emo album.
>protip

EZ

Ez

eh. possibly.

listening to this for the first time now, hopefully this shit improves significantly after Gloria or else that one's a big ol' NOPE

Brand New peaked too early

I rep this album but forreal yall need to check out some more 90's emo

Moss Icon
Antioch Arrow
Heroin
Strictly Ballroom
Nuzzle
I Wish I
Rites of Spring
Cars Get Crushed
Indian Summer
Funeral Diner
Angel Hair

It does get better, i personally think the best tracks are the last two

oh fuck i love angel hair

only album i can listen to

It depends on what you consider emo.
If it's taking back sunday and all those early to mid 00's bands, I did at the time but not so much now. The early stuff and some of it coming out now is pretty good, but even that's starting to grow tired for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=or9kYNGV7Qw
Name a better emo song

I have a huge nostalgia boner for emo music made in this time period.

Yes but Sup Forums has absolutely terrible emo threads

Between le epic /emoe/ and the desperate circlejerk of who can suggest the band with the least amount of soundcloud listens in a strive to be the most unique the threads that were actually good like a year or so ago died

Listen to Algernon Cadwallader

but user their best song isn't even on that album

Ah i see you're a pleb. Stay pleb user with your American football entry level shit taste

>he thinks Brand New isn't entry level
I just finished the Mineral album. Faceless emo shit with some decent moments, lauded because it was produced badly. 5/10
Fight me faggot

See this

Yes, not scene kid trash like that though

why are you so mean

Emo died when Snowing died. Literally everything to come out of the scene afterwards is utter garbage.

Tis my sacred duty to defend the integrity of the genre

snowing is gay

I have a feeling you haven't heard much emo post-2010 if you think that

Try me.

What do you mean? Ask you what bands/albums you've listened to?
"No"

Or you can tell me what post-2010 emo you believe sits next to and/or above pre-2010 emo. If you say Foxing you automatically lose.

Yes, yes I do

don't bother

whatever you say he's just going to say 'it's shit' so he can 'win the argument'

waste of time

Alright, I'll share some post-2010 emo I think is high quality. And no, I don't like Foxing.
youtube.com/watch?v=_JPecqm1VZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qw1wvrHeSKI
youtube.com/watch?v=IxVnhoKyVvk
youtube.com/watch?v=mgqAc2Ux1Tw
youtube.com/watch?v=hQ_k-4dYzls
youtube.com/watch?v=LakIE2JAH44

Plus the post-2010 records by Algernon Cadwallader and Braid are great.

Ape Up! are actually fucking dope but not a post-2010 band, so they have to be omitted. Either way, Kemosabe is a crowning achievement of the scene.
Adventures is bland, boring, derivative. Those members should stick to the aggressive Code Orange stuff, which they're pretty good at.
Sorority Noise are bad. Cam Boucher hasn't been involved in anything half-decent since Old Gray's second EP, which, in hindsight, was pretty mediocre.
Somos sound like typical downer pop-punk. Rika just sounds sorry for itself, which is a quality that seems to permeate a lot of the post-2010 emo. It's something worth mentioning, the groups usually take themselves way too fucking seriously and end up sounding incredibly whiny and self-involved with all their pseudo-poet sad boy shit. On top of that they're over-produced and employ lazy, cliched, poorly written melodies and arrangements. Yeah, emo has kinda always been like that, but in the "revival" scene each band had qualities that managed to set them apart, were creative in their ways and certainly didn't come across as over-produced. Every single one of those songs you could have told me was by some other band on the list and I wouldn't for a second have doubted it.

I've literally seen Taking Back Sunday live more times than any other band

do you have a playlist?

>Sorority Noise are bad.
Why?
>Rika just sounds sorry for itself, which is a quality that seems to permeate a lot of the post-2010 emo.
It's fucking EMO, of course it's depressive.
>It's something worth mentioning, the groups usually take themselves way too fucking seriously and end up sounding incredibly whiny and self-involved with all their pseudo-poet sad boy shit.
If anything I find a lot of current emo revival bands are too jokey, like the aesthetics of bands of Dads, Spraynard, etc.
>Every single one of those songs you could have told me was by some other band on the list and I wouldn't for a second have doubted it.
Are you kidding me? I get if you didn't like any of it, but that's just ridiculous. Ape Up and Sirs are post-hardcore and are tonally radically different from the other bands.

>Why?
Fucking listen to it man, is literally all you listen to emo bands? It would explain why you like any of these.
>It's fucking EMO, of course it's depressive.
Does Cap'n Jazz sound sorry for itself to you? Does Algernon Cadwallader sound sorry for itself to you? Emo can have confessional, self-deprecating lyrics, sure, it's the thing. But self-pitying and depressive are two very different things. I mean, like, The Stranger vs. Middle-School Girl's Diary different.
>If anything I find a lot of current emo revival bands are too jokey, like the aesthetics of bands of Dads, Spraynard, etc.
I agree here, too -- what's worse is that a vast majority of these bands will make this melodramatic self-pity music and then present an image of care-free, goofy individuals, like Tiny Moving Parts. Dads are fucking shit.
>Are you kidding me? I get if you didn't like any of it, but that's just ridiculous. Ape Up and Sirs are post-hardcore and are tonally radically different from the other bands.
I omitted Ape Up! as I'd stated. I didn't even bother listening to Sirs because I heard the album when it came out. You're right, they have a different sound from the others. Granted, both Ape Up! and Sirs straddle a line between post-hardcore and emo and neither really fall on either side. I'd go as far as to say they both land closer to the emo side of the spectrum.

>Fucking listen to it man, is literally all you listen to emo bands? It would explain why you like any of these.
No, I listen to a lot of other stuff. I was just curious why you immediately dismissed it. The lyrics are confessional and raw, the loud-quiet dynamic is great, it just sounds like damn good emo to me.
>Does Cap'n Jazz sound sorry for itself to you? Does Algernon Cadwallader sound sorry for itself to you? Emo can have confessional, self-deprecating lyrics, sure, it's the thing. But self-pitying and depressive are two very different things.
Their music isn't all self-pitying, but it definitely all has a sad vibe. And self-pity has a place in the genre's themes.

its a grower

I can't be the only one to really hate the new wave of acoustic-poppy emo can I? it seems like everything for the past 2 years has been more like just generic sad folk
>see foxing, sorority noise, most things in the top bandcamp emo spaces

I wish there was more intersection between twinkleshit and hardcore style that isnt necessarily straight up screamo, anybody have any recs like indian summer or flowers taped to pens?

>indian summer
Still Life, Candyland Carcrash, the Summer Ninety Six EP
>flowers taped to pens
youtube.com/watch?v=qw1wvrHeSKI
youtube.com/watch?v=IpW9usf6g54

youtube.com/watch?v=_xLJkIo4LqA

Super fun album from start to finish