Vegans are getting real fucking ballsy now

Vegans are getting real fucking ballsy now

how does this have anything to do with being vegan? Nice bait.

You don't have to be vegan but beef is bad a shit for the earth.

Inb4 hip edgy replies with pictures of steaks

This; production of it on this massive scale is fucking everything up.
Chicken, hell, even fucking crickets are much better in that regard.

Animal industries have a greater impact on anthro climate change than all transport put together. Google that.

So yeah, it's a problem, unless you want to stay in your nihilist manchild hugbox so you can eat your precious tendies while our civilization destroys itself. Then all you have to do is project your irrationalities onto vegans while ignoring all of our arguments.

>but beef is bad a shit for the earth
The beef industry you mean. I may sound like a hipster faggot, but support your local butcher's, the meat will be of better quality, it will taste better and most likely will come from a smaller producer not a gigantic factory that supplies most giant supermarket chains

Ad hominem in response to ad hominem just makes your arguments, however logical, wasted.

Kek

>while our civilization destroys itself.
And nothing of value will be lost

Problem is, too many want it cheap for the few that would go this route to have any difference.

e-e-eddddge

This phrase has lost all meaning, and is quickly approaching the terminus where it makes the user look like a bigger faggot.

>quickly approaching
It's been two years since the word passed your damn terminus.

True, there's no reversing what's been done to the environment, I particularly care about the quality of the product so this is the route I go, but as far as mass change is concerned, no it's not happening. If there's a demand, for a comparatively less expensive product, there will be a supply.

>ad hominem
Not really, I'm describing the "argumentative" tactics of meat eaters as a group, so that whoever dares debate with me ITT on this topic will be forced beforehand not to employ them. I'm not addressing an individual per se, so I wouldn't call it an ad hominem.

Vegans have the stronger ethical ground. You can't really refute that unless you appeal to nihilism, in which case you have defeated yourself.

How can I argue with kek?
"Edge" posters are officially ginormous faggots.

>I cant even give up one minor aspect of my diet to dramatically reduced methane emissions so i guess it must be helpless

A bunch of small producers will have the same negative impact as one large producer. It's not just the transportation of the meat that's bad for the environment

There is already a tax on meat. Just like there is a tax on everything.

>give up one minor aspect of my diet
It's not minor. I don't eat carbs. I used to be a fat fuck, plus there seems to be a significant amount of scientific research that indicates that lowered glucose consumption significantly reduces not only the chances of, but symptoms of, if present, of major illness.
And lastly even if I stopped nothing will change.

>I'm describing the "argumentative" tactics of meat eaters as a group, so that whoever dares debate with me ITT on this topic will be forced beforehand not to employ them
While I get what you're trying to say logically; it still doesn't make logical sense. Swinging a knife around upon entering a room is going to make it MORE likely the weapons will come out; not less.
& Vegans having stronger ethical grounds doesn't mean shit when 95% of the time they're insufferable cunts in how they present both themselves & their arguments.

Tax my meat? You can tax my ass...

>there will never be another season of Undergrads, or fucking Clone High

why even live?

For other cartoons

yeah, but too many cliffhangers and unanswered questions from shows that are fucking amazing.

Civilization is already destroying itself by being filled with governments that appease to everyone, allow degeneracy and through liberals and left-wing views. Why bother stopping something when everything else is already destroying the world.

Arguing that you don't like people who don't eat meat is not an argument against it.

Do your own research, globally we need to reduce beef consumption.

I really love a good high quality steak every now and then but all in all our meat comsumption is way to high for this planet.

I know all these numbers have to be taken with a grain of salt since every faction is biased but the general trend is real and cant be denied.

Meat and expecially beef uses way more resources than other foods. If you are OK with being a selfish egoist so go on and eat your every day dose of meat.
If you actually care about the rest of the world and also the future of you and your kids you should think about changing your diet.

>allow degeneracy and through liberals and left-wing views
God damn this "my side of the road is better than yours" is beyond old.
We really are ridiculously easy to control.

lol he actually thinks left wing governments are destroying the world. Try the conservatives who don't believe in climate change mate

I wasn't taking umbrage with the message you were trying to convey; only it's delivery.

That said I will still get me a good burger this evening.

You dont have to be a saint. Just changing a bit will not only be better for the environment but propably also for your health.

Eat a fucking dick OP.

Changing your diet wont do fucking shit, No cunts going to listen so eat some fucking wagyu. Stop whinging ya fucking hippies, you cant push shit uphill.

Could a tax on vegans help us pay a tax on meat to save the planet?

This would nullify the point of the tax, which would be to make the cost a little prohibitive, and therefore the demand & production of it less.

That's the most retarded argument I've ever heard from the stupid ass far left. I believe in global warming and that it's man made, but the idea of cows farting causing warming is just stupid.

The Earth is a closed loop system. The reason more CO2 is being added to the atmosphere is because of the burning of carbon fuels like coal and oil. The reason it's increasing the CO2 in our atmosphere is because it WAS trapped underground, and burning releases it.

COWS, on the other hand, simply take energy that's already available in out loop and then converts it. It doesn't add to the problem of adding to the closed loop.

But let me guess, you think more trees will solve the problem too, don't you? Despite the fact that once a tree lives its entire life it then decomposes and releases every bit of CO2 it absorbed.

It's almost like the basic idea of thermodynamics doesn't even come into your dumb ass heads.

Beef production needs to go down. A lot of good arguments begin put forward in this thread. The only ones against it are nihilist.

meanwhile killing plants and harvesting fauna for industry is what is actually killing the world.

Could a tax on being a fucking faggot save the earth?

Where are you trying to end the paper industry? Which actually kills our world?

>The only ones against it are nihilist.

You keep throwing that word around but I don't think it means what you think it means.

I get my meats from the local mexican store in town. I bullshit you not, it's the best meat ever. Those fuckers know how to season and cut the perfect slice.

Get tamales around Christmas time. Fuckers are soooooo good and they make them at Christmas every year.

In terms of biomass, yes, it would be much more energy and land efficient to convert all pastoral agriculture to arable.

>what is actually killing the world
>Which actually kills our world

It's not any one particular thing in itself doing it; & we're not "killing" the fucking world itself.
Those are hyperbole & moronic.
What we're actually doing if fucking with just about every single tiny little puzzle piece of the ecosystem simultaneously, that interlock to very luckily make this planet habitable for not just life in general, but our flimsy asses. The world knows how to balance itself out through great change, but keeping us alive in great, sustainable, or even any number is no part of that equation whatsoever.

If people were more open to eating insects, how much would that help?

Beef isn't, but cow farts are.

It's true tho
Cows generate gases that contaminate and they (as well as chicken, pigs, fish, etc) need a lot of food for every ounce of meat they produce. And people on average consume way more meat than they need to

Fucking tremendously. I don't remember the numbers, but you can feed exponentially more people from crickets or other insects on the same area of land as used for cows.
There's actually going to be a push in the next couple decades in the states to opening people up to it.

no need for a tax, just remove some of the millions of meat subsidies

just kidding, there's no way that will happen

>There's actually going to be a push in the next couple decades in the states to opening people up to it.

They better fucking don't. They'd better spend their time on proper meat substitutes than make us eat fucking bugs like those assbackwards chinks.

First of all, the carbon cycle which you seem to be referring to relies on an adequate amount of plant life to remove C02 from the atmosphere. Beef farming (and soy to feed those cows) are the biggest source of deforestation in the world.

Second of all, methane (cow farts) is a much more potent GHG than C02 and the nitrogen cycle simply cannot keep up with this imbalance leading to huge increases in methane levels.

There are many other contributors to the emmisions related to livestock, e.g. transport, feed production, waste removal, fertiliser. All these contribute to livestock's GHG emmisions to the "closed loop" as you refer to it.

Just because something is a loop doesn't mean you can't have a massive fucking buildup at one stage of the loop. I'm doing a PhD in physics so you don't need to lecture me about thermodynamics mate.

ahahahahha

>thermodynamics

There's nothing funnier than an internet-educated brainlet trying to apply basic physics concepts.

It's funny I don't see the vegans screaming about all the forests being cut down to grow corn and cane for ethanol production all over the world. For making booze too. They aren't crying about all the factory vegtable farming and how it's runoff is destroying rivers and lakes, killing fish and animals, polluting the inviroment with pesticides and fertilizer. Here in Florida we have red tide and it's made worse by all the nitrogen run off into the ocean.

I love how you faggots think that animal protein and animal fat is bad for your health. Try doing some actual fucking research. Carbohydrates are what have been skyrocketing over the last 70 to 80 years. That's what's causing obesity. Fat, as a fuel source, is EXTREMELY balanced. Insulin doesn't spike at all. Almost all the carbs we eat, however, spikes us like a mother fucker.

The reason the world is going to shit is because people just blindly accept what they've been told as though it's fact. This generation above all other generations has NO excuse to be ignorant. You have the knowledge of the world at your finger tips and you're still just accepting the stupid shit coming from people (corporations) who have a heavily vested interest in making you think up is down and left is right.

Want to know when the obesity epidemic started? When the stupid ass government put out their retarded food pyramid.

So tell me ... we have been eating more and more carbs over the decades and the obesity problem is just getting worse. So your solution is to ... go to strictly carbs and some piddly ass vegetable proteins?

God damn morons ...

Every single thing about it makes logical sense except the revulsion & ick factor; which admittedly I'm not over. From all I've heard, the taste is also comparable & when processed, indistinguishable from meat by the majority. Has tons more nutrients & protein too.

> meat is a super food

> meat is unnecessary

> consuming dead animal flesh is self-harm.

you can feel full on a vegetarian or low meat diet.
Chickpeas, oats and a lot of stuff are more filing than greens. Is just that people don't want to stop being fat asses or stop eating more meat than they need to
Also, producing meat also produces contamination, wich is critical at this point

Are you really that stupid?

1st) the major part of the problem with the cow is methane production and not CO2

2nd) its not about the fucking CO2 that the damn cow eats and farts but about the CO2 from extrenal sources to produce the meat.
Producing 1kg of meat uses 3 litres of raw oil

Fuck that, I've given up smoking, candy, coffee, pop, and alcohol. I'm not giving up beef as well.

A lot of vegans don't realize that we grow food for animals on places where food for humans can't be grown. So if we remove the animal industries we will have less food in total. Also we need animal proteins to live healthy. Sure not each day, but we need it. Also insect protein doesn't contain the necessary proteins for humans so, you will still need to take bloody pills and you will need to take calcium supplements to offset the absurd amount of phosphor

What percentage of beef do you think is grass fed?

It's 3% in the US.

Don't be an asshole. Get back on coffee, get off beef

Nope. Food is the one treat I've given myself. And on my cheat days I like a nice rare steak.

except we will wipe out a whole lot more when our powergrids come crashing down around 2040, google that.

Our days of superfluous electricity use is soon gone.

Yeah, meat is bad for the planet. I still eat eggs, but we have a chicken coup in the backyard, so it's all good.

You dont need meat, So why would you destroy the planet for it?

and 99% of meateaters dont realize that we´re literally burning down the rainforests for meat.

Perfect for when we have record high carbon and methane concentration in the atmosphere

also its easy as fuck to get all protein from plants wtf? Or just eat an egg.

Its funny tho that countries that have less meat that are now starting to eat more meat get the exact same health problem we have. In japan where theyve mostly just eaten vegetables and tons of rice with some fish and therefore had the longest life expectancy in the world is now seeing heart disease and cancer at the same rates as the western world in big cities.