Hey Sup Forums, I need help

Hey Sup Forums, I need help.

I am a 21 year old guy, that is studying software engineering. The thing is, I have no friends, I am 3 semesters behind, I have never had a girlfriend, I never really interact with anyone, I keep failing my courses (because of depression and being a procrastinator), etc. I think the hardest thing is feeling that I will never be happy, and that I will never be "normal". I envy all the mundane shit I see people doing, like walking with other people, going to someone's home, chatting (I am terrible at social interactions). And to add to that, I also feel that my parents deserve someone better than myself. I am now not getting good sleep, and that causes my hearth to feel weird, I think there's a chance I will have a hearth failure young (I'm not fat, just really stressed).

Besides being a bad son, I am a terrible brother. I never really interact with my brothers (who are younger than me) as a brother.

When I was younger, I always thought I would be a happy person.

Another thing that bothers me, is that I kind of don't allow myself to be happy. I am always cynical, I don't like dancing, or partying (not that I have been to an actual party), etc.

I feel I am too stupid to be happy and will forever be lonely and sad.

It's 4:35am here, I just can't sleep because I am thinking of this stuff, and wanted to tell someone. Thanks.

If anyone has any advice, I will read it. Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S2Y5ACss6Es
youtube.com/watch?v=gA3TxTVk48c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I know the feels man..
Physisist here
stop using the internet

What do you mean? Like socia networks?, or like entertainment?

I think that is a part of it: I am too disconnected of the real world.

Yea, get off the internet for one thing... Avoid television, and video games. And iphones, facebook. Too much FOMO (fear of missing out) Plus facebook, social media, and all this technology is decreasing the average attention span of humans down to nearly nothing, which really aggravates depression hardcore.

Take a step back sometimes, and breathe everything around you

Use Tinder

get a job and keep the hobby as a passion
working as a se normally sux if you're privately interested

Yeah, probably should read more books.

I try to, sometimes.

Should I?, I am from Central America, and don't know if it's common around here. Gives me a little anxiety.

I don't think I can work right now, it's enough with the uni.

Worth a shot

1) Don't measure your happiness by that of other people's. You're a bad son? Fuck you, you have bad parents. Don't have a girlfriend? Stop looking - love will come when you're least expecting it. Once you hit your 30's, it all makes sense.

2) Don't worry about allowing yourself to be happy. That's not what life is at 21. Focus on getting those assignments in. Difficulty in doing? Ask one of the lecturers, or any of the appropriate mentor-type people for help. Seek councilling, even if it's just to talk.

3) Get up at 9am every day. Don't even think about it. Slog out of bed, put clothes on and go for a walk. When you get back, tidy your environment. Lay out your desk in a way that gets work done. Got lectures? Get there 30 minutes before they start. No lectures? Work 10:00-4:30, break 90 minutes for lunch in the middle. LEAVE THE SPACE. Use your bed for sleeping, your desk for working.

4) Occupy your time with something not-the-internet. Grab a cheap set of watercolours and have a play. Learn how to build levels in source SDK, or 3d model. Torrent Cubase and figure out how to make music. Occupy your time.

5) Hardest one. Get rid of your phone. Downgrade to a little samsung with no internet capabilities. Get rid of your data. Stop spending money on a little pocket PC that teathers you to this horrible make-believe slice of code we call the internet.

6) Last one, i swear - there is NO normal. Everyone you pass on the street is having an internal conflict, everyone holding hands has screamed at each other more than once, the dopy dad pushing a pram has lost the life he once had, it's okay to feel like you're not normal.

Accept where you are, and live your life day in and day out. Get those assignments on time - if you procrastinate, you'd better be ready to pull all nighters to get it done. But put the right amount of time in, and you'll feel fulfilled. Structure your day.

Do you want to be a software engineer? Nothing wrong with working as a store clerk.
One of my cousins work maybe 40 hours each week, making just above minimum wage but it's in a rp store (D&D, magic the gathering, warhammer etc.) and he enjoys the shit out of it.
If your parents aren't assholes, then they'll be happy if you're happy.

get in the line
>

>software engineer
>stop using the internet
pick one thing

Kill yourself

OP do baba ramdev's pranayam yoga on english.

it helped me over the anxiety and panic i felt, helped me control my emotions, and focus on schoolwork

it's time consuming but you can learn to do it in a shorter time span. I was just like you, but I didn't find pranayam until I was in my 8th year of college for a history degree.

youtube.com/watch?v=S2Y5ACss6Es

If you are stupid then perhaps it is the best option because intelligence is not something you can change.
I have been in the same position and the thing that helped me was Ritalin. Got me to focus on getting shit done and I could focus and be a conversationalist.
I now have a girlfriend, am soon finishing with a first class honours, and have moved out to a major city.
Good luck.

Yup, do this. Excellent summary.

prob you' ll suicide yourself

Thank you very much, I will seriously try to do most of that.

Yeah, idk, I like programming and software engineering, but I don't like the assigments. Btw, my parents are great.

Ok.

That's kind of the thing. But I still can decrease my internet time.

Really appreciate it.

Will check it out.

Thanks.

Nope, just flip out.

You fuckin' need to stay self conscious in the right way...try to gain a better awarness in what is life
You still young keep that in mind
I don't know why you say what you say about you i don't know you but you should think that there's not really right or wrong in life
You can do pretty much everything you want, be aware of what you really need and want and what you really like, there is not wrong in that
Keep holdin' on since this is not a great year either
I still here btw
Sorry i had to correct

Another question: how do I make friends?, or meet more people?

Read some philosophy , it help me to know me better and to know what to do.

Try to go to something out like going into association . it help you to prove to yourself you can do something , to meet people (and make friends) , and gain confidence .

i personnaly ('im french) go to a Erasmus association and make friends at this . i become more confident and take some responsability , who make me far more confident . When you do something usefull and you have some friendly people to help you and who need help , it's a real win-win .

i wish you the best

>I assume this is Op
Again be aware it's not abaout right wrong good or bad, it's about choises decisions
Everything will follow, human connections are inevitable in the end

Have you tried just being a really negative dick, and just acting the way you feel? It won't make you any friends, but it will give you more confidence.

Good point, I have always wanted to learn more philosophy. Yeah, I should join some kind of group, that should help. Thank you.

Yeah, it's me.
I mean, they happen, but I kind of lose them.

lol, yesterday I almost tried that, but I just tried to ignore everything and everyone.

Maybe I lose relationships because I am not good reciprocating interest, and it's usually just that I don't really know what is ok to do, and how should I act.

>lol, yesterday I almost tried that, but I just tried to ignore everything and everyone.
get more angry with things, and get more comfortable with showing it. All you have to do is stop caring what people around you think of you, fuck them man.

Yeah but those are choises
Only you can be really aware about that, i mean, there are reasons for it

To meet people, just go out more. Whether it would be to the library for studies or to a local pub, starbucks or some other coffee shop where people are gathering. Sooner or later someone will approach you, or you'll approach them.

When it comes to friends it really depends on the kind of person you are. I manage with around 3 close friends and a lot of acquaitances. To get people to 'befriend' you, I suppose, just try to listen more than you talk and to not be judgemental, even when you think another person is saying utter bullshit which angers you, stay calm and listen. OR you can get people to like you by being charismatic and alpha but that's not an option to you now, is it?

I feel that would be contrary to the goals I have talked about.

> no gf
> no friends
- who needs them if you can get good paying job which is fun, takes most of the day and surprisingly brings human interaction to you life as well as friends in the end

> failing school

school is literary the only think that can save you and you are failing it

been there done that
I was good in school tho

Speak to yourself in moments of anxiety and remind yourself that you don't need to be stressed. After some time of doing this you will subconsciously give less fuck about things that made you feel bad.

It's about doing the right choises that Will get you to cross your path with Paths of other individuals

Thanks, everyone. I will try to sleep now. You are great.

Wtf are you me?

I feel you, have some of the same problems, but not too bad.
I'm unbelievably lazy and hate myself for that (in fact I should be studying right now...) and partying is absolutely boring.
I think you're problem might be that you compare yourself to others and try to achieve what others do to feel happy. If you don't like partys then fuck it, find something that makes you happy and don't care about others.
If it gets too bad you can always go to therapy, many people are scared/ don't want to but multiple friends of mine went and said it helped a lot.

You're welcome bye...

You're already fucked.

Here, i'll explain:

1) You went to school for SE, which is a complete fucking waste of time. You are now saddled up to debt you can never shake, for a degree that is less than worthless (if you don't wash out before you get it), all so you can pay it off by working shit jobs and not actually working as a programmer... the insult to injury is: there is nothing you can learn in college that you just can't fucking google, you dumb fuck...

2) You define who you are by what others think of you. Spoiler, nobody cares if you are alive or not, and if they care at all, they wish you to fail because it gives their failure of an existence more credibility for they can say "hey, i'm a fuckup, but at least i'm not as fucked as user".

3) You can't be a shut-in AND lament not having friends. Fuck you're dumb. Just go out there and meet people... or better, make friends at school, you dumb fuck.

4) Boo Hoo for you... you're all sad and lonely and shit. Buck up buttercup... you only get one shot in this gay ass earth, so fucking make it count or get the fuck out of the way and save the oxygen for the rest of us.

Alright here is some actual advice:

1) Quit the fuck out of school. You're parents are going to be super sad and whatever, but they are dumb. College was useful a long ass time ago.. now you don't need to go to a library to ask someone for a book to learn something, or have to meet teachers in person to learn shit... we have google, we are not filthy animals. Get with the times. All you're doing is wasting your time and your parents money.

2) Still go to school and find other fucking rejects like yourself with similar interests. Or go meetups for whatever freaky bullshit you are into. Just get the fuck out of the house once and a while.

3) Stop defining yourself though dumb bullshit. If your parents where all that good, they wouldn't have raised such a fucking pussy faggot.... they failed you too, so fuck 'em.

Maybe.
Yeah, I don't want to, but maybe I should get therapy.
1. I am not in the USA, I won't be broke when I finish. It's fairly cheap.
2. Yeah, I care too much about what other people think of me.
3. You are right.
4. Right.
1. Nah.
2. I should. I will.
3. You are right. Fuck you. (Thanks.)

That cartoon bothers me for some reason.

cont.

disregard that, I suck cocks

4) find your calling in life. It sure isn't college or you would be doing great there. If you enjoy programming, do that... it's really fucking simple and I don't get why people don't know how to do this but: Think of what you most want to do.. then you fucking do it. It's that fucking simple.

5) KILL YOUR FACEBOOK. You're so fucking dumb, I bet you're on there stalking your old retarded friends that forgot about you, and you are super sad you're not having as much fun as they are. You're a dumb shit, so you should have your facebook taken away. Just delete it. Spoiler: Facebook is a dick measuring contest where everyone is super jelly of someone else so they try super hard to impress everyone, when in fact nobody actually gives a shit, and is too worried about how they are not as happy as everyone else. It's fucking dumb if you think that is 1) at all real, 2) these people are actually happy instead of being most likely just as pathetic as you are... I mean... who the fuck actually updates their facebook while they are in the middle of having a fun time... someone that wants everyone to see them having a fun time because they are a sad sack of shit crying for attention --- like some other faggots I know.

6) Women are fucked. You will learn this when you get a girlfriend. Think back to this sentence... GIRLS ARE FUCKING CRAZY. I would count your blessings and try to stay single, young, and motivated as long as humanly possible before you 'accidentally' get a girl knocked up and the rest of your life goes to shit, and that's the fun part before your dumb ass is dropped and your kids are taken away. With that said... That shit will happen in good time. When the more successful and attractive people are taken, you're going to be some lucky ladies meal-ticket someday.

Ah... not from the US... yeah, who the fuck knows if you're doing it right then... youtube.com/watch?v=gA3TxTVk48c

4. I don't know what my "calling in life" is, or how to find it, really.
5. I don't use Facebook usually, just for a class that requires it. But I admit that it sometimes takes me down to see all people doing things. I will try to avoid doing that, then.
6. I want to experience the craziness of girls, then.

Something that really helped me out of my slump was physical activity. It will help your confidence, it will make you much healthier and you can make a lot of friends in the gym or in a sports club. If your in uni join a Track n Field team.

Stop using 4 Chan and any social media, sign up for community courses like beginner painting or cooking or some some shit at a local YMCA or community center. Realise life is meaningless and there's no reason not to enjoy it while you're here.

You shouldnt try to be "normal".

Stop caring about what other people think about you and figure out what you want to do / be to feel even remotely happy.

Reading books is good, but you really should find something physically active to do.
You're not keen on people's company, apparently so something you do on your own and set your own small goals like running or cycling.
Not only good for your physical health, but also your mental health.
You'll feel better, you'll sleep better and you'll find you do a lot less navel staring.

>mathematician here
>same

Hey man I know your feel, not sure if a great suggestion but maybe drop a tab, it'll change you

don't quit out of school wtf that's extremely dumb
literally the trick to getting out of what you're in is going outside and doing shit. It's hard at first, but gets easier over time.

But you already knew this, didn't you?

This, eat some goddamn psychedelics, if you don't know anyone go mushroom hunting or order ayahuasca ingredients online

> i feel i am too stupid to be happy

Smart people are usually sad bro, not the other way around.

Use light drugs, finish univeristy, take a year break and try to go more to bars and clubs to socialize. Don't be too shy and not be an asshole.
Socializing now would only make the degree harder so if i were you i would try relaxing. When you can, dress up and go to a bar for the rest of the evening and do some walk. Imagine you are in a vacation for half the day and you will see you will meet some one. Join a group of person to do something (Maybe a sport club)