So i guess this is getting a tv show

so i guess this is getting a tv show

Will there be 16 seasons?

first book was shit, blatant and terrible lotr ripoff, didn't bother with the rest but don't understand how this got a series and a show now

but how will it end? one season per book...but it'd be lucky to even get 4 seasons.

start at the darkfriend social, end at dumai's wells

they will obviously cut out a ton of the material

How the fuck are they going to handle magic and shit? Magic in GoT and LotR works because it's left ambigious but WoT didn't do that.

POP QUIZ: Which main character will be retconned black?
BONUS: Retconned gay?

My money is on Nynaeve for both.

It'll be easier since you can show the weaves, if it's done competently it should be easy to understand for even the most dense

No channeler POVs

Mat a nigger is my guess

nah they'll make the seanchan black

there's no need to retcon characters black, an aggressive african nation is introduced pretty early on

Mats main man will be gay, can't remember his name

This would be much better as an anime, for depicting the magic alone. Add to the fact the trollocs are meant to be weird as fuck and even the sword fighting is super weeb, they'd be dumb not to go the animated route.

All fantasy adaptations would be better animated, all of them

Chronicles of Amber wouldn't

Why not? Use the same ppl that did dantes inferno

There's no reason to, and all else being equal animation is inferior to live action.

I actually think they'll be doubling up on it.
Nynaeve will be black woman because she's the smartest female and therefore MUST be black
Rand will likely be black because white male cannot be the lead
Mat will be white, but will be gay to avoid having a FUCKING WHITE MALE in the show
They they make the princess of the nine moons or whatever the hell a dude too and boom there you go. An its fucking two thousand seventeen show.

If u have the cash, also iconic book characters can be far closer to their book counterpart if animated, and unless you have Disney money most scenes can't be done justice on screen

Is Rand too flawed to be considered Gary Stu?

Lan is the gary stu

Mostly no until Amol of course then yea

If they're intent on adapting GoT rip-offs at least make it good ones

weak b8 m8

First book waa good but the second was pure garbage, I mean holy shit what a disaster.

>Nynaeve will be black woman because she's the smartest female
Verin is smartest chick
>Rand will likely be black because white male cannot be the lead
Rand is Irish not white
>Mat will be white, but will be gay
Mat already miscegenates, he's good

What I want to know is what will happen to the SJW Ajah

>SJW Ajah
U mean the reds?

>Verin
Minor shit character nobody cares about bookfag
>Rand is Irish not white
Irish aren't nigger enough for SJWs
>Mat already miscegenates, he's good
He can still do that as a gay white dude, with the added bonus of making the only white guy be a homo.

Yea, there's no way the angry man-hating pillow friend thundercunt depiction will fly in 2018 or whenever this vaporshow is supposed to manifest

>Verin
>Moiraine

ftfy

Maybe, they've got blues and greens to balance it out, they'll prob just cut back on all Red stories or give most of them to a blue or green

The books were shit. Jordan had a spanking fetish.

Does anyone else see Ishamael's point to joining the dark one? If time is a repeating wheel, the dark one only needs to succeed once to win and he'll get infinte chances to do so as the wheel turns. Also, the books never explain if there is a breaking with each turn of the wheel and if so, how that meshes with what we know of geology since randland is supposed to be our past and future.

Too many loose ends.

>Our past our future

No it isn't Randland is its own world not earth

>Ishmael
He wanted it to end he was sick of being spun out over and over again

well your half right

Also, if the age of legends had energy weapons on top of the ability of use magic, how the hell did anyone learn to use swords? I understand in the verse's current age that swordfighting came back since technology regressed so much, but that doesn't explain why the advanced ancients who could kill from afar would ever relearn swords. It's even more unlikely that swords making a comeback in our present time despite having firearms.

>No it isn't Randland is its own world not earth

It's specifically stated a few times that it is our planet, just in the past or future depending on how you look at it. They even find a Mercedes symbol in Tanchico and their legends talk about Mosk (Moscow) and Merc (Murrica) the giants hurling spears of fire across the globe (ICBMs). Come on man did you even read these books?

It does explain fencing was a hobby until the experiment that let the dark one out, once the war started Lewis and others took the hobby and made it deadly again, this is explained at lenght, also where are you getting energy weapons from? They had flying machines don't remember any non-power related energy weapons

Ok u might be right, I think Harriet has said something about this, but can't find the quote

Shocklances

>QUICK, WHAT DO WE HAVE THAT'S EVEN TANGENTIALLY SIMILAR TO GoT?

We have no idea what they did except they used the one power. It's never explained, we just know that they existed

first ed. A Game of Thrones only sold copies because of Robert Jordan's blurb at the top

Not this if their going for another GoT this ain't it

More importantly Netflix got the rights to do a Book of the New Sun series

They're going to ruin the fuck out of that

Am I supposed to know what this is?

No, go away

REEEEEEEE

It's gonna suck

I prefer netflix doing it. Their audience is higher level than a standard cable audience. It's basically like HBO getting it.

Make a Mistborn tv show pls

I attribute this to wolfeposting's meme magic

no

hmmmmmm

i'm cautiously excited

>ranged weapons
>high-tech
>industrial base required to produce
Shocklances were rayguns

Wasn't that implied in the books though?

Also Talmanes is his name

Or alternatively here's another non-book quote

>Due to the war of power weapons needed to be created for battle, one was the shocklance, almost nothing is known about the weapon

It is suspected it was a ranged energy weapon I'll concede that, but theirs still no proof

Talmanes that's it, love that based mofo,
It was implied he was eh

The Companion isn't canon but it is derived from RJ's notes so that's probably what he intended

>A shocklance is more like a rifle
-Robert Jordan

Yea I'm just being contrain, ur right a shocklance was almost def a rifle type weapon.

Which does make learning to duel a bit redundant, when you've got OP, flying machines and guns

Nothing Jordan wrote is canon according to based Sanderson.

Book of the new sun does a lot of this too. "Spears" and "slings" and "destriers" and whatnot are actually super advanced sci-fi stuff with mundane names.

>based Sanderson

fuck off that robot hack should never have been allowed near WoT

>Question: Has it gotten any easier to dig through RJ’s very personalized and, in some ways, maddeningly genius organizational system?

>Brandon Sanderson: You’d actually have to ask that of Maria and Alan since they are the ones who dig through it. I gave up on that after about two months into the first book because I couldn't make heads or tails of it; I just started asking questions of them.

>I was working on Towers of Midnight, and I sent an email to Maria saying, "I can't keep track of who is with Perrin. Do you have just a list somewhere?"... Maria comes back and says, "Well I just dug this out of the notes; I hadn't seen it before. Maybe this will help. It's a file called 'With Perrin'". I went, "Oh, good." And I opened it up...no, that's not what it is; it is the names of all the Two Rivers folk who haven't been named in the books yet. [laughter] ...who are traveling with Perrin, and often a little bit about each of them, and a list of several dozen names of people who haven't been named yet. That's the level of detail we're talking about with this, and it was a challenge; it was a challenge on all of us.

>Fortunately, we did have Maria and Alan ... and I would focus my writing, particularly in first draft, on just getting the emotional content of a scene down, right? Get the narrative flow down, make sure it's working, and I would try to get all the voices of the characters right, but I wouldn't worry as much about continuity. I would then send it to Maria, and she would send back this thing with all of these notes saying, "Oh Brandon. Oh Brandon, you can't do this." "Oh Brandon, you killed her." "Oh Brandon..." ... And then we would try and fix all of the problems caused by that, and that's kind of how it went.

Why didn't he read the notes?

Yes I remember all of this, fuck, bad feels bro

>that robot hack should never have been allowed near WoT

Develop your hypothesis

I'm posting from a phone so I don't want to write out some long essay, plus I feel like I finished with these debates years ago, but this is one of the reasons, also he was obsessed with Perrin and disliked Mat, not a good start

Not that guy, but Sanderson's insertion of modern language and idiom (e.g. "homicide," "surgeon," "saidared") in a series which previously had a timeless quality is unforgivable.

Fanservice bits like the explicit ranking of the great swordsmen, the Mat and Rand one-up sequence, Rand hurtling into the fourth wall pointing out that Roedran wasn't Demandred, etc. were just cringe-inducing.

The fact that he admitted to giving up on actually reading Robert Jordan's notes after two months of trying, choosing instead to write based on "emotional content" and having a team of fact-checkers (who themselves admitted to using fandom wikis for answers most of the time) sort it out is galling.

As a sheltered Mormon, Sanderson didn't have any clue how to write battle scenes or interesting characters. The only thing he's good at, coincidence I'm sure, is crazy magic systems. Which he inappropriately put on display with Androl, the character he insisted on being able to develop his own way.

In hindsight, it would have been better to just publish the notes for the fans History of Middle-earth style. His lazy fanfiction, with its 120 pages of Trollocs eating corpses scenes, wasn't a fitting end to this series, even with its myriad flaws. I remember thinking to myself, "This shitfest is the final Wheel of Time novel?"

Brandon Sanderson should be ashamed of himself. Robert Jordan's timeless dialogue being replaced with 2013 college kid banter is a crime against literature. "Saidared"? "Homicide"? In the Wheel of Time universe? Really? Shouldn't writers care about words?

The worst part is he's a cult member and as such will never accept any criticism as he's built up such huge mental defenses against any sort of logic being thrown his way. Fuck you, Brandon Sanderson.

Well someone wrote the essay for me,

all of this and more fuck Sanderson

>Fanservice bits like the explicit ranking of the great swordsmen, the Mat and Rand one-up sequence, Rand hurtling into the fourth wall pointing out that Roedran wasn't Demandred, etc.

When did any of that happen?

Well now I'm glad I gave up on the series around the 6th book or so. There was the one book where those stupid bitches were with a travelling circus or something for no real reason, that was it for me.

The first one is an interview I think, 2nd either before or right after they convince Tuon to help, war meeting

In the Sanderson fanfic, most of these are in Amol

Oh and I'd add flat out stating who killed asmo

U stopped on Lord of chaos? at least you finished on the best one

Yeah AmoL left a middling taste in my mouth.

Gathering Storm was still great, but that was still mostly Jordan.

Towers was kinda forgettable

>flat out stating who killed asmo
Jimmies I thought were settled have been re-rustled.

Know what you mean, thought I'd repressed all this, fuck I forgot how much I hate that Mormon cunt

Sanderson's are the only WoT books I've only read once. I don't hate him but I would like to box him.

>tugs braid

His own stuff is trash but it's enjoyable shit, I just wish Harriet hadn't read mistborn when she did, things might have been much different

BS was just wrong for WoT he's really just a YA writer at best

My wife fucking LOVES these books. I just can't seem to get into it. I can't even finish the prologue of book one. I read A Song of Ice and Fire, Lord of the Rings, Malazan: Book of the Fallen, The Black Company, etc...

I don't understand. I'm a big fantasy nerd, I just can't seem to get into these.

What's your wife's facebook

>Standard reply

tEotW is very similar to Lotr, especially the first half, it was intentional, really though personally I don't think they come into their own until 4

>tEotW is very similar to Lotr
legend fades to myth. lotr is the one which got it wrong. eye of the world is how it really happened.

Yeah, I definitely plan on giving it another shot. I've tried twice and just sat it down after a few minutes.

I know it's worth it to try harder than that. I assume once you get into them it's really good.

Does Sanderson taking over for the final books ruin anything? Is it just as good? I've read all his Mistborn stuff so far and love it.

This made me happy

The tonal shift is jarring but by then your too invested, idk I read them from a kid had to wait yrs for the next one, went through CoT, James Rigneys death, BS taking over, I have no idea what it would be like for someone these days reading it for the first time

Also if you've never spanked your wife you prob should trust me she's into it

lol