So... no season 2 right?

So... no season 2 right?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/JayBauman1/status/754874377158717440?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I thought it was boring, clichéd and every actor was mediocre and unconvincing. So I hope not.

It's already confirmed there will be a season 2.

one can only hope

but... the kid died

Who's gonna eat the Eggos then? Her spirit?

mediocre show, but I haven't felt such strong post-show depression in some time. hope most of the younger cast avoids puberty potato face before season 2 filming starts

>the kid died
Yeah, because deus ex machina doesn't exist

i hope they do it like true detective... completely different characters and story but with the same 80s a e s t h e t i c

Watched the 1st episode and thought it was... alright. Should I finish it? Does it get better or worse?

Just finish it it's only 8 episodes
Episode 3 is the best one.

It's good. Predictable, but good.
Only part I hated was the monster. One of the most plain, generic, un-scary monster designs I've ever seen.

What do you guys think will occur in season 2? Besides the obvious, try to make some specific predictions.

Time skip ahead 10 years with new actors.

God I know what you mean...

Anyways Netflix would be stupid to not renew:

>Will is turning into a monster, the show has tons of Alien references, from the eggs to the facehugger slug things in both Barb's corpse and the one Will pops up. He is either breeding one or becoming one.

>El is still alive and Hopper knows where she is and she is probably in the Upside Down otherwise she would be with Mike at his house.

Season 2 will be a one year time jump, Mike will hear El over the walkie talkie, Will is the key going back to the upside down to get her.

its pretty simple guys

More details about Hopper's dead kid and El/Jane's origins

she disappeared
I think she's at the facility because he promised her to the MiB but it doesn't make sense in the context of leaving food out there so idk

it's good but not perfect
it's just a well done entertaining show with good child actors, which is fairly rare
imagine It with a sprinkle of Dreamcatcher, less edgy, and adapted into a good serial format
some really good performances from the sheriff and Jonathan

I was hoping for a timeskip desu. Like It or Dreamcatcher, the events ever haunt them many years into the future.
Nancy's cul de sac dream, Jonathan becoming a renowned photog, Mike becoming a weirdo recluse because he couldn't get over the gf that never went to the dance with him, Justin being well adjusted, Lucas probably joining military following in his father's footsteps, Will starting a family with that one chick who cried at his funeral.
Now with more death and depressive drama.

Honestly, though, I think it works really well as a one season deal. It should an anthology thing, like True Detective.

>but I haven't felt such strong post-show depression in some time.
iktf bro
I don't even know what it is. I honestly think it's the kids. I miss my childhood and doing childhood shit and not caring about things.

>Anyways Netflix would be stupid to not renew:

Have they not renewed a show yet?

>Yeah, because deus ex machina doesn't exist
Isn't that game coming out in two weeks?

>the one black kid is a fucking idiot and annoying as shit

Is this show racist?

>>but I haven't felt such strong post-show depression in some time.
>iktf bro
>I don't even know what it is. I honestly think it's the kids. I miss my childhood and doing childhood shit and not caring about things.
The kids do it for me as well. Fuck

>Steves douche friends die/get infected (girl was picking at a scab or something, seems odd for a small talk scene)
>based teacher gets in on action then dies
>Steve and Johnathan being bros hopefully
>Steve dies
>slug breeds in toilet and small ones go up people anuses infecting them
>glasses cop cracks more snarky remarks
>then dies
>will gets more screentime being awesome solo fighting his monsters hopefully actually gets to shoot his gun
>11 is alive and moves in with will and Winona
>mike and el go to school dance where big showdown happens with lots of student infected
>Nancy and Johnathan bond and end up together
>more Winona going protective mother style and fucking something up be it a monster or government agents
>will uses his upside down traveling abilities to "teleport"
>hopper backstory about him being in bed with shady government to do experiments on his cancer daughter
>twelve (twe) is introduced

A series with this many child actors in it is a big no no for me. Why the fuck do people tolerate child actors

Like GoT?

They were good, though.
Dustin best kid. Main kid was annoying as fuck. I wanted to beat his little ass.

>small ones go up people anuses infecting them
wew lad
that's stupidly cheesy but I love it
>it's some oversized 14 year old bully kid without feelings

>A series with this many child actors in it is a big no no for me.

It wouldn't be the King/Spielberg '80s love-fest that it is if it didn't have kids as stars. There's just something about being on the cusp of puberty that makes that sort of supernatural-science-horror work.

jesus christ

Cause they're cute, literally the only reason to watch the show.

>no will with a rifle
DROPPED

cute

>There's just something about being on the cusp of puberty that makes that sort of supernatural-science-horror work.
>supernatural-science-horror
puberty is kind of like that if you think about it
your body starts changing
your interests change
it's a transition period from childhood innocence into the unknown
notice that the 3 demographics of the characters are
>kids close to puberty
>teenagers close to graduating
>established adults past their prime
it's a juggle of people who are facing the unknown of the future and people facing the certainty of the past and their mistakes

>intelligent
>eloquent
>usually the most logical and reasonable kid in the group

Are you?

this guy gets it, if only the rest of our viewership got it like this they'd get a lot more out of it

Good idea, senpai. Only other character I've made has been Nancy.

El oh el
If you have the Ron Wesley Lego hair it would fit well for Johnathon I think. Maybe a bit too orange

God I hope there wont be, its fans are insufferable tumblr tier bitches and cunts.

Is this meant to be ironic? You sound exactly like the people you're describing

Sup Forums & tumblr are two sides of the same coin.

>puberty is kind of like that if you think about it

True that. Also, you're old enough to have a fairly reasoned & educated idea of the world, but still young enough to believe there might be something...more. Belief in the paranormal seems to spike at about that age. Certainly did for me back in the '90s.

Its an easy show to love because how great the characters are, especially the kids, but I just wish the shoe had more substance to it.

When they off the resturant guy at the start youre thinking oh shit nice this agency doesnt fuck around, bit Hopper breaks into the facility, assaults jumerous people, forces his way into what is perhaps the biggest secret in the world, and he barely gets a fucking slap on the wrist.

They also handled Will wrong imo. They made it so obvious that he was alive in the upsidedown that the scene where we're suppose to think he died ends up falling flat.

And the final thing that pissed me the fick off is when Papa stop chasing the kids after El flips the van. Are you fucking serious nigga? Not only does he stop chasing, he gets out of the car and fucking nods like 'heh, good one kid'.

The ending is also bait tier garbo. I cant wait to see how they explain how El's been surviving for the past year
>shes in the upsidedown
Yeah a 12 year old girl isnt surviving in a freezing, inhospitable evil dimension for longer than a week. Thats fucking stupid.

>being this fucking dumb
christ

nice bait

>but... the kid died

wew lad please tell me you are joking

Mike is best kid

right, it was a 1 off story.

was anyone else strangely attracted to eleven or was that just me? like when she spoke it tingled me in a weird way? am i a pedophile?

I got the same problem
Shit's weird, man

If its sexual attraction, youre a pedo.

If its emotional attraction as in
>daww what a qt
Its normal

yeah
not bait. I've noticed most people who like the show are pedophiles, so maybe that's why

DUDE PEDO KYS LMAO

it's not weird. you're 2 grown men attracted to children. you're textbook pedophiles

I wouldn't fuck a 12 year old, so what's up with that?

>most people
implying you are not just talking about Sup Forums

I literally just finished and it was boring as fuck. The 4 main boys were good actors though but everyone and everything else was shit.

This. Very disappointed.

the issue is will season 2 continue the story or is this another anthology series?

Will Jay like Stranger Things?

the black kid was the only good actor

It's going to continue the story
2bh they should just stick to two or three seasons and then stop

I forgot to give this PoS a one star rating. Thanks for reminding me, Sup Forums

>all these samefagging haters

He's already said he loved it on Twitter: twitter.com/JayBauman1/status/754874377158717440?lang=en

Mike > Lucas > Dustin

Fuck no, Mike was lame as shit. That hamfisted kiss at the end was the icing on the shit sundae.

Stranger Things isn't designed for multiple seasons, mainly because the Duffer bros won't be willing to go Silent Hill tier and make the upsidedown a place where a higher power that has the ability to create monsters from your psyche resides. The subject matter is way to dark for the theme they've set up, so it'll end being just a scary looking parallel world with monsters that terrorize the humies.

Season 1 works because we're being introduced to new characters, but for season 2 and onwards, there have to be higher stakes and with more dramatic consequences. Otherwise it'll just end up being too similar, and no where near as engaging. If they don't take chances, it'll be shit.

You can just see Duatin is going to be a fedora tipping Reddit guy.
Lucas is a mean nigga
Mike and Will are the only good bois

is thatta way

wtf i hate RLM now!?

>That hamfisted kiss at the end was the icing on the shit sundae.
literally the best moment in the show.

I didn't think the show was amazing. I just thought it was amazingly solid. Does that make sense?

I agree with all of this but if they would scrap the whole cast that'd suck. Idk why people want this, the current cast is pretty GOAT

Considering the Duffer brothers have said they have a lot written up about the Upside Down and already know where the second season will go I think that your baseless assumptions are lacking in merit.

Does this mean Stranger Things will be replacing Half in the Bag?

Am I doing this right?

You're wrong

Kill yourself

It wasn't the best moment in the show but it was one of better ones

I'm right.

What would be the literal point in scrapping the cast? We're watching to show because of them to begin with. Makes no sense famalam

It's not a baseless assumption. The guy who wrote the first three Silent Hill games didn't need a 30 page document on the otherworld, and they still turned out absolutely amazing.

Considering that the Duffer bros are obviously being influenced heavily by Silent Hill by the upsidedown (they claim it's only the visual aspect, but there are plenty of stronger connection to suggest otherwise), it seems to me that the 30 pages is just a long list of ideas on what the upsidedown really is, rather than fully fledged lore, as evidenced by pic related.

Since they also make it clear that they want to keep the vibe they have going, I'm going to remain highly skeptical.

>the bbeg of the final campaign died to a single fireball

jesus kid, dm better

>when Papa stop chasing the kids after El flips the van.

Did anyone else feel like that whole scene was an intentional throwback to ET?

Impossible

it was pretty funny at the end of their campaign when Dustin and Lucas complained how some shit was unexplained like the princess and some other shit, and Mike told them to fuck off cause it's been 10 hours and not all things need to be resolved.

>rest of our viewership
r u a Duffer brother

he's a strong wizard

>Did anyone else feel like that whole scene was an intentional throwback to ET?
there's also the whole cycling away from authority bit... it's a common trope I guess

I remember in the Phone Police episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark the kids ran away from a Phone Police van on foot.

hey man I also ran away from some piss drunk guy in a van because I was a little shithead and spraypainted on the property next to his (in an abandoned building that apparently he owned) when I was 12

I'm a living spielberg meme

>if it's not done the same way as the Silent Hill games it's not going to be good

They were influenced by a huge number of things and you're weirdly fixated on that angle. Let's also keep in mind that you have no idea what's in their document and therefore you're making baseless assumptions.

They haven't said how much they're going to explore the Upside Down or what the central mystery for the next season will be. There's plenty of directions they could take the season and based on the great show they made I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they can pull it off.

>there will be a season 2 that will ruin all the mystery

what mystery? apart from a cliffhanger, all the cards have been dealt

>based on the great show they made I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they can pull it off.
I wish I had your optimism. True Detective S2 was a thing. It wasn't BAD but it didn't live up to S1 or continue what people liked about it in the first place.

It was rape¡

Nothing gets passed you

Pizzolatto had a lot of other problems with his work on the second season. Namely being rushed to put it together. The Duffer bros were writing the script for ST while they filmed so I don't think that they'll struggle in the same regard.

Also, another show having a bad second season with none of the same people working on this one doesn't really matter.

Fargo had a great second season but that doesn't mean ST season 2 will be great.

>The Duffer bros were writing the script for ST while they filmed
that's interesting, doesn't that kind of force them to film chronologically? I suppose it makes sense because skelly girl looked like twice as old and bony at the end.

>weirdly fixated on that angle
You mean the angle that corroborates to my thinking? Because that's what it does.When it comes to the upsidedown as well as the monsters, there's so much Silent Hill in there than it'd be dumb to dismiss it as irrelevant. Granted I could be wrong, but it's anything but a baseless assumption.

The main point is that if the Duffers don't make Season 2 different enough from S1, they'll ruin the show. You can't really compare this to Fargo or True Detective, because those don't follow on with the same characters. ST has to work with the same characters in the same setting, which is extremely challenging.

>hope most of the younger cast avoids puberty potato face before season 2 filming starts
Game of Thrones fan detected. Don't worry mate, been there felt that.

It does. They've actually talked about the problems with going back to redo some things at the beginning of the show because the male children's voices had changed so much (especially Dustin).

Except the part that you mentioned about the creators directly contradicting your thoughts on the Upside Down?

You can think that as much as you want but you've got no basis for what the next season will be or how the show should proceed because you have no idea about the rest of the mysteries that were presented in the first season.

Idc if its cliche or not, but happy ending is the best ending to a movie and Stranger Things has done it the best way possible

Don't forget to put that magic 4-lettered word in options field and ignore the netflix shills.