Why did she have an English accent and then switch to an American accent?

Why did she have an English accent and then switch to an American accent?

Hell

What does Hell have to do with it?

because having an english accent makes you evil in star wars
that's why daisy ridley will end up on the dark side and why kylo ren will turn good
it's why they made boyega have an american accent, because he's going to stay good throughout.

the only exception is obi-wan

Darth Vader used force retardation on her so she would give up the rebel base location

When she filmed the original, she'd just come from a stay in England, studying acting. She'd picked up the accent there. When she filmed ESB, it had faded.

But Leia isn't evil.

I honestly never noticed

Watch a new hope

Dubs of truth

It changes right away though

that's why she changed accents, foo

Her old voice is fucked
If they were to do a british accent on it, it'd probably sound like a parrot trying to swallow a rat whole

Also old american voices sounds alot friendlier
She also has been living in USA, her accent naturally adapted

She said Darth Vader weird, and was English, I don't hear an English accent.

lmao

Why does she sound like an ashtray in TFA.

She was trying to put on a visage of pomp and circumstance. Kind of like how Bruce Wayne acts like a rich douche to throw off the Batman scent, Leia plays up the elitist, liberal princess to hide her true rebel intentions.

Because the majority of the Empire have english accents. She's supposed to be an "ally" to them, so she uses an english accent to keep her cover.

because in starwars an english accent is used to indicate a character is speaking in imperal basic, whereas an american accent is used to show they are speaking in galactic basic.

That makes so much sense that wish you weren't just pulling it out of your ass.

You think thats good I even have a way to compensate for any faults in any star wars movie book or tv show.

In my head cannon all the star wars things we see are actually holo dramas of actual real events that happend but we are watching a dramatised version played by actors.

This way a bad film can be dismissed as just a bad telling of something that did happen and maybe they got some of the facts wrong when they made it, like the whole midichlorians bullshit. its like watching war films based on true events like bridge over the river kwai. It happend but the version we see isnt really accurate in all detail.

Hell is actually a galaxy far, far away

The accent fades by the third act in A New Hope

Transatlantic accent, think Garfield has it too