Can we talk about this animated marvel?

Can we talk about this animated marvel?

Every season thus far has exceeded my expectations of not only Netflix Originals but animation in general.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ieRMBh14Ga0
youtube.com/watch?v=1tV29aD7dFI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pros
>basically the only adult animated comedy with a serial format
>will arnett
>90% of the comedy is either wordplay or some pop culture reference

cons
>first 4-5 episodes are dogshit, so it's hard to recommend to people
>tries too hard to be artsy/dark
>VERY reddit

7/10

>poor animation
>heavy reliance on dumb puns (like a bad sunday comic)
>way too theatrical (every dramatic moment is presented with a rehearsed monologue)
>writers treat its audience like retards and spell out exactly how you're suppose to feel in every scene
>lots of jokes that fall flat or drag on too long (vince adultman, improv cult etc...)
>Aaron Paul can't voice act and his arcs are weak.

>Will Arnett does a good job voice acting
>Adult animation is a genre without much serious competition

>Didn't think Vincent Adultman is funny
Does it feel bad to not have a sense of humor?

Easily the best animated series of the 21st century. Fucking brilliant writing; infinitely rewatchable.

>inb4 the half dozen trolls who just recently caught on to how universally loved this show is and are going to flood the thread with contrarian bullshit

BoJack Horseman and Stranger Things are the best things Netflix has in its own library. They'd be insanely stupid to cancel either anytime soon. Also, I'm sad as fuck that they killed off Sarah Lynn.

I was pretty much shitting for it in 1st season.
Second season upgraded fast, the jokes were good (Maybe excluding Vincent Adultman) and it was pretty "deep".
And the third hit me way too hard in the feels. I don't know why but episode 11 fucked me up.
Would easily recomend this shit

whats a reddit

I wanna be an architect.

Season 2 > Season 3 > Season 1

you

I think you didn't actually watch the show.

I did in fact.

They should've dropped the comedy and the animals and the animation aspects and just made a mildly depressing take on show business and underachievement

Seriously can't tell if bait

How can you think Todd's arcs are weak? The improve thing was great. Him and Mr. Peanutbutter doing their things? When he goes to prison?

What is this bullshit about a rehearsed monologue? It's a TV show. It's written.

How could you possibly construe that as bait?

Should I skip the first five episodes of season 1 or are they still worth watching?

Downer Ending still fucking hurts to watch

>Easily the best animated series of the 21st century.
>Fucking brilliant writing;
>the half dozen trolls who just recently caught on to how universally loved this show is and are going to flood the thread with contrarian bullshit
Really now, please be joing

>explain what you mean
>just requotes the entire post as though his opinion is self-explanatory, despite having explicitly been asked to explain

It's self-evident, though you're not too bright to pick up on that given that you wrote also that garbage

my favorite episode end...even sadder considering how much he fucks it up in th next episode

youtu.be/ieRMBh14Ga0

Any speculations on how the show will end?
Will bojack kill himself?

>How can you think Todd's arcs are weak?
He's mostly a plot device for 'wacky' humor that doesn't mesh with the moody dark tone they attempt with Bojack's story. When he finally 'snaps' on Bojack it sounds so forced, like they were trying to shove in another one of their 'depressing' monologues that has become the show's trademark.

>The improve thing was great.
The improv cult was another ponderous attempt at cleverness in a thin satire of Scientology that never paid off. You can argue that it showcases Todd's dependency, as he's shrugged from Bojack he immediately latches onto something else, but it was poorly executed and just a bore.

> Him and Mr. Peanutbutter doing their things?
One of the worst parts of the show. For a show that tries so desperately to be taken seriously as a drama their attempts at humor (which more than 50% of the show's airtime are dedicated to) are embarrassing.

>What is this bullshit about a rehearsed monologue? It's a TV show. It's written.
It's unnatural and stilted. Here's an example of a monologue that happens naturally and isn't just shoved into the script.

youtube.com/watch?v=1tV29aD7dFI

>you have a different opinion
>jesus christ you're such an idiot!
>(btw, i can't elucidate my side and can only say it's self-evident)

Bojack is too much of a coward to kill himself, the only people who are going to commit suicide are Diane and Princess Carolyn.

>WAAAAAAAAAH LONELINESS: THE SHOW

Anyone that likes this is a tryhard lazy millennial.

>>you have a different opinion
It's childish. If it's not evident to you, then I can't change your mind.
Also you're either retarded or new if you think those "meanie trollz" are some recent backlash against the show, which most certainly had a bigger negative reaction here the last two years.

>Will Arnett does a good job voice acting
Are you on a waiting list for a lobotomy by any chance?

best written animated comedy currently airing

Been trying for the last two weeks to get my few friends into this, but they all stop at episode one. It sucks the shitty first half of season one keeps so many people from watching.

>meanie trollz

Trolls aren't "meanies", they're just fucking annoying; that's literally what they do: spoil everyone else's fun because they have nothing positive to contribute (usually because they're middle school kids).

I've been in pretty much every Bojack thread over the past 3 years and it's always been the exact same pattern of great threads for a couple weeks, then contrarians flooding every thread with the same unoriginal crap and uninformed opinions so that people can't actually discuss anything.

>they're just fucking annoying; that's literally what they do: spoil everyone else's fun because they have nothing positive to contribute (usually because they're middle school kids).
Oh no, you mean people can have different opinion than yours? And they're the middle school kids?

whats wrong with reddit

Nice meme

Welp, I guess there's no more Bojack discussion until next year.

>vincent adultman is not funny
Get this hothead out of here

Diane will have an attempted suicide, Carolyn will go through with it.

That's actually really spot on for the kind of shit the shows been doing, but PC offing herself would be way too out of left field, even for this show.

its going to be MR PB
calling it now

>PC offing herself would be way too out of left field
PC has always wanted a good career and a family. She's already fucked up her career and now she's going to blow her chances with the Stilton mouse. PC killing herself is pretty much a given at this point.

When she gets into a bad place she focuses on solving other peoples' problems. I can't imagine something happening to her bad enough for her to even consider suicide.

That's the perfect setup, she kills herself when there's nobody around her to take care of anymore.

Maybe 10 seasons down the road fingers crossed.

I did shitposting with an alcohol today!

> Muh grown up cartoons

When will this meme end?

I've rewatched the show half a dozen times and still can't remember what finally happened with PC and VA. Did they ever officially break up?

t. alcohol

I watched the first 2 episodes. It was by FAR one of the worst shows I've ever seen. I wish I was exaggerating for effect.
The abysmal, uninspired art style really reflects on how generic and tasteless the writing is.
Such a fucking joke of a show. They realized it wasn't funny so they focused on the contrived drama. The show gives me third hand embarrassment for all the people involved. Especially Will Arnette.

You need to be a little more subtle.

What a fucking obnoxious human being.
Go back to plebbit, your post is the equivalent of a down vote.

I called out the show's objectively simplistic art style and you call that trolling. Really pathetic dude

I only don't like the comedy but think it's a good story

You need to be a little more subtle.

I can't believe I just read that back and forth. I feel REALLY embarrassed for you.

Uhh I mean watch it because they'll keep referencing stuff that happens then.
Also, its not even that bad to watch, just not as good.

They are just as good as everything else.

People only say the first few episodes are bad because it takes them that long to figure out what the show is, because it's completely different from everything else.

Go back and rewatch the first season and you'll realize the first few episodes are on par with everything else; most people just assume it's Family Guy type garbage at first and don't realize the low brow shit is meant to be ironic as fuck. Shit, just go back and watch the pilot's cold opening - it says exactly what the show is about and how dark and anti-episodic it's going to be.

New user here. I agree entirely, especially about Todd and PB. While I'm glad I could enjoy the show regardless, they were dangerously close to ruining the mood. I might skip the improv arc and a few other Todd things on a rewatch. They kinda coax with the tone the show tries to keep at its core, I think. Feels like trying to shoehorn humor in, like comic relief. Thinking about it like this, it's impressive that many moments managed to shine so much.

>can't defend his childrens cartoon
>posts facebook tier memes

100 senpai (crying emoji)

What it's supposed to be about? The main character is the biggest dick on planet and he is miserable, because he works really hard to be that way. So what? Money won't make you happy if you're an asshole? Big surprise.

You could watch the last episode of dexter and it would still be better than this pathetic attempt at "comedy"

So what do you consider quality television, user?

The underwater episode of the third season is such a tryhard 'look at me being artsy' piece of garbage.

it's a good show, but the feels are overrated and cliche

if you haven't started watching, just know that it is ACTUALLY FUNNY. the jokes are good, especially when it involved todd and/or mr peanutbutter

so watch it because it is a GOOD SITCOM. good sitcoms are very rare and should be cherished. do not watch it for any drama or deepness.

this

the whole point of the show is the mean, funny dialog

I have gotten more than my fill of Film Board Of Canada and Pixar shorts, and I never need another wordless cartoon for my entire life. I can appreciate stuff with impressive animation, but if there isn't good dialog paired with it, it's a waste.

and the animation is not impressive. the show's overall art style is fine because I like Lisa Hanawalt comics, but even in Lisa Hanawalt comics the main draw is the funny writing.

so the show has a decent art style, but the animation is flash. I don't mind that the show is flash because, like Archer and most adult swim shows, the dialog is good.

20 minutes of flash animation with no dialog is not okay

they could have done the episode mostly the same way, but let bojack argue with the fish people and insert some god damn jokes

>overrated hipster trash

Can we stop giving Will 'Cuck to the Xtreme' Arnett work please?

I love the show, but I have to agree on this one.

They tried something different, and in my opinion, it just didn't work. It felt like a chore to get through, and the final punch line was the only redeeming moment of the episode. It seems like people either hated or loved it, and I hated it. While background jokes and physical humor are a large part of the show, it just doesn't work without dialogue.

suck a dick dumbshits.