Whats your favorite hip-hop album of all time?

Whats your favorite hip-hop album of all time?

>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qE4a17z1jyU&t=736s
youtube.com/watch?v=tpH6vGwv0CQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_yLVhNFho38
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>leddit

I fucking dare any of you to have an interesting and unique opinion on what makes a good hip hop album. I fucking dare you, make my night you bunch of safe opinion having fucks.

Good Kid, m.A.A.d City

Although it seems Kendrick is a meme now on this board

>Implying hip-hop as a genre isn't leddit

youtube.com/watch?v=qE4a17z1jyU&t=736s

i changed my mind a few times over the years but this is probably the only one that really changed my opinion on what makes a hip hop album a congruent piece of work

Was thinking about this today. Good/unique flow, interesting/insiteful/poetic lyrics, production that matches the rapping well/thematically, production that stands out, et cetera. This is just off the top of my head. I think this album encapsulates all of the things I listed.

Of any genre actually

This has been mine for a while now.

heh this one took a while to grow on me since im not the biggest fan of mafioso but the production is top notch and is probably Jays strongest album, and lacks that excessively boastful nonsense of his later releases

also the clean version of the 3rd verse on Feelin It is GOAT

I'm making a big list as I go through my backlog of them.

Damn good choice my man.

Good taste friend

It's tied with MBDTF but this is the more visceral of the two

Thanks lads. The thing just never gets old for me.

its a tie between pic related and Bobby Tarantino (Logic)

Fantastic record

nice b8 m8

lol you "oldschoolcool" dudes love to hate but Logic and Hopsin are probably the best rappers we've had int he past 4 years, hate or not the lyrics speak for themselves

rtj cool and fuck reddit

I can't get over how many amazing and creative ideas they were able to cram into 45 minutes

Trash
Both of these

>kendrick is trash
>hopsin is good
See

my favorite hip hop album is actually a chopped and screwed version of Aquemini

youtube.com/watch?v=tpH6vGwv0CQ

>oldschool

Logic is at least technically decent but his ideas are half-baked at best. Hopsin, on the other hand, is just terrible. He tries to be so edgy while he spouts inane lines like did the man who invented college go to college that he thinks are so deep while acting like he's so unique when all he's doing is badly aping Slim Shady-era Eminem.

When Control dropped, there's a reason Hopsin wasn't mentioned.

>Literally the same album slowed down

heh theres a few cuts but for the most part its just the album slowed down yea

What the fuck. Why. That's sacrilege

YOU CAN SEE THE WEAKNESS OF A MAN RIGHT THROUGH HIS IRIS

If Kendrick released a Hopsin diss I think there's a legitimate chance that Hopsin would actually die from it

Why would he do that? Nevermind not being in the same league, they're not in the same sport.

purple haze

:)

>listening to "conscious" rap

youre so dense. no one's trying to be edgy. if he had a trap beat and made pop songs and sang about getting bitches and money youd be all on his dick as if he were kendrick himself.

He'd name his album "FUCK" and sing about going sexy on niggas and these idiot trend riders would fucking headbang to the shit.

This

Easily this album. No matter how many hip-hop albums I listen to over the years, I always find myself returning back to this one.

If Hopsin isn't trying to be edgy, why does he wear those stupid white contacts? He literally says whatever he can to be provocative, on Ill Mind of Hopsin 4 he says
>Life was lame, I had to pay money to fuck a whore
>I couldn't pull a damn anorexic bitch in a tug o' war
>But then I made enough money for me to fund a tour
>Now the ladies show me the goodies under their wonderbra

Then in Ill Mind of Hopsin 5 the next year, he says
>You havin' sex with every-motherfuckin'-body you see

and other jabs at people for doing exactly what he was bragging about the year before. The entire song is him rapping about how stupid normal people are, which is the definition of edgy neckbeard behavior. He's terrible.

And you have never listened to other hip-hop, have you? You don't know what trap sounds like and you clearly haven't listened to Kendrick since with the exception of Backseat Freestyle, which was in character as a 16 year old trying to impress his friends, he doesn't rap about anything close to that.

this is the correct answer

DID THE MAN WHO INVENTED COLLEGE GO TO COLLEGE? HMM OK THEN (bait post but just in case if it's not you have the worst taste)

A lot to pick from, but this one is just so my taste.

HEY GUYS LOGIC HERE DID YOU GUYS KNOW IM HALF BLACK YO IM HALF BLACK BTW YO BRO YOOOO BROOOOO DUUUDE IM HALF BLACK LMAOOO

>different producer on each track
no thanks

Logic is the whitest person I've ever seen

Since I've become increasingly racist DOOM is the only artist I still seem to hold respect for on a technical level. So, DOOM and best album is probably the one you posted.

>Since I've become increasingly racist DOOM is the only artist I still seem to hold respect for on a technical level.

Vaudeville Villain. Fuck all of doom is awesome.

This, his best imo

And KMD's black bastards

If I'm not including Kanye just so i can be different then this

Love some airospace
Personally prefer vol 2 and 3 to this but to each his own

i've seen this posted a bunch of times on here, is it good? that cover is disgusting

Don't really have a favourite but this is my most listened to.

Underrated forever. This music makes me want to bang real talk.

jinzo stop shilling your album

Anytime an album shows up that is different some idiot uses the word shill.

Idiot.

lmao i have the cd

I'm not Bill
Just really like the album

What do you want out of this thread?
>"I dare you to post a unique opinion"
>unique opinion
>"shill"

he came off real strong with this one!

yeah, it's a pretty common answer but mine is this or atrocity exhibition for sure

It's boring as fuck and reeks of underground choppy production.
Pick another.

Man, I've listened to this at least 3 times, just can't get into it. Dunno whats wrong with me

The best DOOM project and no one wants to admit it (or have only heard Madvillainy and MM FOOD)

Good choice OP!

history will absolve me

Don't judge me. I like his other albums too, for some reason, I just like Relapse in particular

not his worst desu. it's tied with MMLP2 for 3rd worst though

desu wa back to Sup Forums

Baka ass motherfucker

Maybe you like racially insensitive fake accents. I suggest you check out Iggy Azalea or V-nasty, maybe even the GOAT J-roc.
Good choice

Thinking more on it, I really liked the whole "psychotic serial killer" vibe that it mostly had, it was pretty unique when I first listened to it. Also, Beautiful is still one of his best songs IMO

If one would only listen to two Gucci Mane albums, one pre-prison and one post-prison, which would they be? I don't know if I really have the patience to listen to all his material but he seems like an interesting artist.

The State vs Radric Davis
Droptopwop

not hiphop

Good taste user, love this album so much.

Crows 1 is a favorite

> "psychotic serial killer" vibe that it mostly had, it was pretty unique when I first listened to it.
go listen to early Necro, Ill Bill, Gravediggaz, Rhyme Asylum or Cruger if you want newer stuff. Eminem is nowhere near being one of the originators or greats of horrorcore, shit even the ICP faggots did it at the same time as him.

Worst: ENCORE
Second worst: MMLP2
Third worst: RELAPSE
no Idea how you could come to another conclusion tbhq senpai

DAMN is a pop album talking about mostly fuckin nonsense, pussy, and money as usual. what are you talking about.

Worst: Encore
2nd: Recovery
3rd: Relapse tied with MMLP2

Bumpy Knuckles' INDUSTRY SHAKEDOWN

youtube.com/watch?v=_yLVhNFho38

MF Doom's good. Kool Keith. Paul Barman. Freddie Foxxx in 2000 just captures a time for me.

>boring as fuck
>Eminem before Encore

Pick one, user.
Infinite is fucking great.

Dad lent it out of a library near where he worked after he moved to London.
>tumblr the thread

one of those life experiences that did change me

new rav when