Hi

Hi

I'm going to China on Friday as part of a college trip. Never been to China or any oriental country for that matter. Never left Europe. Is there anything I need to know before I go? Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

chinahighlights.com/travelguide/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Most of the sites you visit on a daily basis will be blocked. The drivers are terrible and traffic is everywhere. Don't be surprised if you see animals strolling around through urban areas.

Also try

No cheese. At all.

Pollution.

A lot of fucking scammers, especially at night

Remeber that china is a developing country and you are probably richer and thus a juicy target for the scammers. Here are some tips.
Dont get into a unmarked taxi they will charge you extra.
If a local comes up to you and starts speaking english then its probably a scammer trying to lure you into a tea house where they can charge you 100s the normal price.
Never eat on the streetside, find a resturant that the locs enjoy, dont drink the tap water and dont eat raw vegtables.
When you are trying to buy something from a shop try to find the ite. Online and do a prices comparison. They
The concept of personal space is different there than briton, prepare to shove and squeeze a bit while in lines.
Honestly though china is a pretty safe country, no not a lot of violent crime. Scams are the main way tourists fall victims to, just be careful and you will be fine

Be prepared to be in shit smog London in 1800 tier

Be prepared for subhuman shits that shit and spit on streets

Be prepared for large groups of soulless loud and rude people wearing obnoxious neon colors and tacky clothes

know that chinese citizens can make any claim against you they want and you will not have any support from their police

china is shit m8 dont go you'll get lung cancer

Expect laduzi and chabuduo.

Because Sup Forums is full of pessimist inbreds I'll give you some positive insight

Beautiful culture, fun people, the 20-somethings are all great (can't say the same about older people until they are 60+ then they are fun again)

Food is great, just yelp everywhere and find local cuisine, don't fall for tourist restaurants with 2000 english reviews.

Go to night markets, they're amazing
If you have friends, go to night bars, kareoke, lounges, and to clubs because you will be treated like a god

honestly best place I've ever been to.
you probably won't venture out to the nature but they also have the most incredible vistas.

Be preapred to see lots of horrible thing
I went beijing in my highschool trip. And i award that chinese is below-human tier.

bump

love the "reviews", probably the same reason most foreigners are surprised when they actually came to China since they have really low expectations

if it's a college trip, I assume there will be someone accommodating you, so you don't really need to know much, just ask your guider for help. If you plan to come here yourself, don't know how good (bad) your mandarin are, here's a few things you need to know. China is a country with 1st, 2nd and 3rd world places. For example, 1st world means cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, etc. 2nd world is like second to third-tier cities such as Hangzhou, Chongqing, Chengdu etc, 3rd world is rural china, where those chinese webms are from, trust me, you don't want to live there.
Northern China and some cities near steel industries are quite polluted several days a month, you may need to bring/buy an air mask if you plan to stay there.
Not gonna give you luggage tips since you must already know. Here's something you might not be able to find on those chinese tour guide websites such as this one chinahighlights.com/travelguide/
1. buy a reliable VPN, since google, facebook, twitter and several other sites are banned (Sup Forums is not included, but you'll need a pass to post here)
2. smart phone is everything in China, you will definitely need a few APPs such as 滴滴出行didi chuxing for taxi, 百度地图baidu ditu for map, 淘宝taobao for online shopping etc etc to make your life simpler, most things can be paid by phone and you'll get a discount if you do so.
3. China like many other countries are getting more xenophobic, so if you go to rural China, make sure you don't trigger them though most Chinese are friendly towards Laowais so welcome to China.

dog is actually very delicious.

you need a pass to post on Sup Forums?
i guess that applies to other sites but what ones?

And don't discuss sensitive topics like Falun Gong or Tibet.

>For example, 1st world means cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, etc. 2nd world is like second to third-tier cities such as Hangzhou, Chongqing, Chengdu etc, 3rd world is rural china, where those chinese webms are from, trust me, you don't want to live there
It also goes without saying that outside of Beijing and Shanghai, you're unlikely to encounter anyone who speaks English.

He probably doesn't need to use Taobao if the trip is short.

Buy a gas mask. And prepare for doorless public bathrooms. The Chinese are fucking rank bud. Why did you pick that cunt?

WRONG

When I was in Guilin all the local girls came up and said "Mr. wow, picture picture, water picture "giggles" picture yes fun time, money?"

And in Xian a soldier called out to me with his buddies and I didn't hear him so I said "What?" and he repeated "What?" and this went on for about 40 seconds.

this poster has never been to china

It won't ever come up

Pretty much all chinese that go to school learn english to one degree or another-- almost all major cities will have a lot of english speakers. thy won't be taxi drivers though

Several times for work bud. Also a good friend of mine lives there for work.

Expect the unexpected

also they hate anglos there so youre prob not going to return alive

how long are you going mate, and where to? before you go you should set up a VPN it will make things a little easier on you. other than that download WeChat, and try to get a chinese SIM card if you'll be there for a while. the rest you'll figure out i think. china's a very different place than what you're used to but if you approach it free from prejudice you'll have a good time. the people are welcoming and the life is easy (for a english speaking white person. it's not exactly a proud thing to say, but it's true.)

he won't find any doorless restrooms in pretty much in any large city, and you won't miss a gas mask unless your in beijing and the weather is particularly bad. i think you're just a dipshit.

You find them in outskirts of big cities too. Shanghai is shait too. I think you're an American fag. Who already is used to disgusting cities.

What's Shanghai like?
It takes about three hours by airline to go from my city to the city.

Personally I thought it was rank. But then again I'm used to European standards.

>But then again I'm used to European standards.
What's standards? air situation and cleanliness?

Massive. Neat. Smelly.
God the fucking smell of stinky tofu is everywhere.
Met two drunk middle aged Russians on a boat. They were, drunk.

Yeah those, and how busy it is on the streets.

I get it.
So should I go to Shanghai?
I can't decide because the country people is the same Asian and I thought like you said.

>you need a pass to post on Sup Forums?
yes, Google CAPTCHA can't load, some Chinese posters use proxies to post here
>applies to other sites but what ones
by banned I meant the internet access is blocked, I'm still trying to figure out the pattern, GFW aka the great firewall of China blocks certain sites for different reasons.

pretty much

dunno about him, but I use taobao supermarket to buy everything I need

You scum are so eager to other savages yet you constantly get shit on by americans