/film/

Jesus fuck what did Friedkin mean by this? Is Sorcerer one of the purest pieces of nihilism ever put on film?

btw the /film/ subject means that all shit posts and low effort trash is to be ignored

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/warner-brothers-fire-tsujihara-and-snyder-in-order-to-save-the-dceu
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this was reddit trash
fuck off
literlaly nothing happens: the movie

Amazing film. I'm glad that it has finally gotten the recognition that it deserves.

>when that tree washes down river and hits that French guy

i've never flinched like that watching any other movie. 10/10 tension kino.

that's a big truck

It would have better box office ratings if it was named something else

sorcerer was the name of the Frenchman/Palestinian truck

If there was ever a true 10/10 moment in a film it's when Scheider is losing it and hears the Mexican killer's distinct cackle and it cuts down to his dead body

It would have better box office ratings if it didn't open a literal day after Star Wars.

It's the darkest and New Hollywoodiest of the New Hollywood wave and it came out the same weekend as the film that destroyed the entire movement.

So did Friedkin just name this Sorcerer because Exorcist was a massive smash hit and he wanted to trick people into seeing it with a similar title?

>The Sorcerer is an evil wizard and in this case the evil wizard is fate

Cause this is flimsy as fuck

I've only seen the original film. What does Friedkin do differently?

Star wars was what the entire movement was hoping to create. A new hollywood made of money and gold.

checked

>tfw no special features nor documentaries in the blu ray release despite the fantastic transfer
Always nice having a Sorcerer thread on here though, Friedkin has such an interesting lineup of films.

A lot. He sets up the characters better and focuses a lot more on the jungle atmosphere. Plus he has the killer Tangerine Dream score.

The original is the most French shit ever and the remake is the most New Hollywood shit ever so you'll probably like whichever scene you're more into.

4uuuu

>RLM mention a film
>keeps getting posted

When did RLM mention Sorcerer?

It keeps getting posted probably because of the Blu-Ray release and the newfound critical love for what was previously seen as that dark bridge movie that Star Wars ate.

I'm curious, which episode did they mention it in?
I found out about it on Sup Forums back in 2013.

Suicide Squad episode they bring it up

That was what everyone said. As th story goes people were massively pissed the film had no apparent supernatural tones to it. The film's plot was that every bad person eventually meets his fate. He can chose where but not when.

What was the context?

>The film's plot was that every bad person eventually meets his fate. He can chose where but not when.

You didn't understand this movie at all if you think it's about "bad people"

IIRC, something about how it introduced the characters as opposed to Suicide Squad and how shittily they did theirs.

That's a pretty dumb observation considering Suicide Squad is clearly using the Seven Samurai / Dirty Dozen formula

THANK YOU JAY FOR THE TITLE DROP

The maid character really makes no sense at all if you haven't seen the original

Why did Friedkin drop off after the Exorcist / French Connection / Sorcerer streak?

why dont you sign this petition and share it on your facebook and be useful for once change.org/p/warner-brothers-fire-tsujihara-and-snyder-in-order-to-save-the-dceu

Seems like the pressure took a toll on him. If he directed 2-3 more movies of that tier he'd be up there with the heavyweights.

Hey he still made pic related after those