Why don't planets that aren't Earth in science fiction feature more than 1 biome?

why don't planets that aren't Earth in science fiction feature more than 1 biome?

you dumb fag, meme, meme, meme, reddit fag

That's actually a pretty good question.

>tfw you realize that all sci-fi movies actually take place on Earth

It always bothered me too. Other thing that always happens (not necessarily in star wars, but in most cartoons) is that they seem to have only one species.

Are there any examples of planets humans have closely observed that have more than one biome?

Multiple biomes are the exceptions, not the rule.

Based on pictures of mars it looks like the entire planet is red sand, and pluto looks like cold rock all the way over.

Lazy writing

Didn't Naboo have multiple biomes?

>Avatar

Anurai clan – Formerly renowned as artisans,[16] this clan was almost completely wiped out by humans.
Horse Clan of the Plains – Live on open plains and are dependant on direhorses.
Ikran People of the Eastern Sea – Live in a coastal region and are dependent on banshees.
Li'ona clan – A clan near human factories, where the land is dying.
Kekunan clan - An old clan, and the first to ride banshees.
Ni'awve clan – The first Na'vi clan to reside in the Hallelujah Mountains. Their leader is Tse'huk.
Omaticaya clan – The jungle-dwelling clan that lives in Hometree, nearest to the RDA's mining operations.
Tawkami clan – A clan renowned for their knowledge of chemistry,[17] they even appear to have their own writing system.
Tipani clan – One of the first to make contact with humans, the Tipani are renowned for their strength and use of armor.

BASED CAMERON OUTDONE STAR WARS

A terraformed planet would have multiple biomes

Even if you find a planet with any kind of livable atmosphere, odds are most of the planet would be the same, and probability still inhospitable, earth like planets are the rarest of planets

It had at least three biomes.

Ok retard we're not talking about terraformed planets here.

Is that true?

Yes

Jupiter does NOT HAVE A LIVING ATMOSPHERE

jesus christ

Because most screenwriters are extremely fucking lazy.

Don't you dare fucking reply to my posts ever again, you little shit

To be fair nobody has been deep enough in Jupiter under the clouds to know that. Not even our best satellites have penetrated the thick clouds of Jupiter. We know it rains there.

hold up let me get Siri so I can calculate who the fuck you're taking to

>he's literally arguing that Jupiter is habitable to avoid admitting that his post was wrong

filtered

I feel like you're conflating the entire planet with what you're limited to seeing during a movie.

Back the fuck off!?

>jesus christ

Yes. Go ahead and find a record of the amount of earth-like planets NASA has found.

How can any other director even compete?