Why don't you own a Rolex Sup Forums?

Why don't you own a Rolex Sup Forums?

What's your excuse?

Other urls found in this thread:

rolex.com/watches/find-rolex/woman/small.html
hodinkee.com/articles/rolex-datejust-review
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just bought a truck which seems more practical than a wrist watch this is my excuse
though I would like to own a nice watch at some point

Its a waste of money
Its heavy and large
Its really for people who are rich and bored and need to show off to plebs and rich but less rich than them people

I have a two tone Submariner from 1995

Because i'm not a tasteless faggot

Because Rolex is a shit company that only shit teir upper middle class days buy from.

>Its a waste of money

How so? They hold their value incredibly well if you get one used, and a lot go up in price.

>Its heavy and large

No they all aren't.

>Its really for people who are rich and bored and need to show off to plebs and rich but less rich than them people

Not really. Rolex are on the low-end scale of luxury watches, and a lot of people get them because they love watches and want something nice, and like the history and pedigree of them.

Noice.

Workin' on it. Hoping to add my first Rolex to the collection soon: BLNR.

>BLNR.

Classic choice. I'm still not sure what kind of GMT Rolex I want to get.

I'm working for an AD right now, but even then the waitlist for the BLNR sucks.

I may just settle for a regular 116670.

116710. Booze fingers.

The gold is tacky as fuck, and a really nice Timex costs 1/25th the price and does the same fucking thing. But has backlighting and alarm functions as well as dive timing. Oh and calendar... and some other shit that's useful.

You buy a Rolex because you like making statements with your money, not because it's practical or more useful than a 100 dollar timex/casio/insert brand that does the same shit.

Well... You're almost correct. That Timex costs a hell of a lot less than 1/25 of the price. And it'll keep much better time.

People who buy fine timepieces have an appreciation of the art.

Sometimes.

I own a Rolex. Nice watch. I seldom wear it. Creepy people notice it. Makes me uncomfortable.

I've got one of the plain steel Date models.
It's only one of the bottom of the range Rolex but I've had it a few years and really like it. Much prefer the slim steel to the larger gold ones.

>Why don't you own a Rolex Sup Forums?

Because I own a Hublot Black Caviar Bang you fucking poorfag

Because I'd rather not waste over 2 grand on a piece of metal that performs the same function as my phone.
Complete waste of money

Because I don't want a noveau riche "I have no fucking class" upper class nigger tier watch.

A gentleman with class has at least a Breuget, Lange, Patek or Vacheron.

But since you are talking about Rolex..you obviously would need to google the above.

Personally as a starter sub 10k tier watch I'd recommend a pre-owned Lange 1815 or Saxonia, even though the Patek will hold its value better.

Wut? Who in they right mind would pay a million for a watch

not the fag that responded to your, but you got some fair and good points. me myself, 23y, am looking forward to the day i can have speedmaster sandwich with a nice leather strap.
and a Rolex GMT blue and black.

omg what a great picture. Its my holy grail watch

Only a douchebag. Hublot seems to be the new meme watch for people that just got hands on some money and found the coolest and most expensive watch. Its the only watch dan blizerian use for example

No complaints for me. I like the cheaper thinner Rolex's a lot.

16610 master race reporting in

umad?

also have 116613 in the bedroom

rolex is budget luxury btw, it doesnt prove anything like youre implying, OP.

But Dan get all that pussy.

>Its a waste of money

youre clearly retarded. holds their value, and some vintage ones go up in value. Lets see your PS3 and Xbox that you think is worth the money hold its value you fucking underage kiddo

>Its heavy and large

rolex.com/watches/find-rolex/woman/small.html
these are the size of a US Dime. the band is about 12mm in width. try again nigger
>Its really for people who are rich and bored and need to show off to plebs and rich but less rich than them people

Youre absolutely moronic.

$4k for a used sub. most of their watches are less than 20 or 15k.
>rich people
rolex is budget luxury you fucking imbecile

rich people watches are patek, a. longe, etc... try again you fucking underage, poverty tier pleb.

It's jewelry that ticks, what the fuck do I need one for?

someone who has billions where a million is a dollar in relevance to their overall wealth.

also that is a meme watch, only a fool would buy that. there are much better pateks for ex you could buy that actually have history and quality.

>>Its heavy and large
>rolex.com/watches/find-rolex/woman/small.html
>these are the size of a US Dime. the band is about 12mm in width. try again nigger

Cherry picking.. hahaha try the mens watches you stupid faggot

This. Once the rabbit is out of the hat, people notice shit like that and it's not for good reasons or admiration.

Go with something lesser known to the general public. It's fine and good to appreciate time pieces and such but again, a simple Timex will keep better time. Or thereabouts for whatever the hell the average person is doing.

Since many do not wear watches any longer, time keeping has largely fallen away due to technology. Cellphones and such have taken over. So the only real reason to wear a watch (I do) is for convenience and likely because you're used to it.

Otherwise it's a nice fashion accessory and/or again trying to make a statement. Ie. Look at me and my breitling/omega/rolex fancy timepiece that I could have purchased a car and a timex instead and been farther ahead of the game.

Someone with a million to burn.

That's similar to mine, just without the blue.
Yeah, I've never been a fan of the chunky gold designs.

My boss bought a second hand Rolex for 18.000$, I get like 15.000$ in 8 months, why should I buy such a thing It just shows the time, I bought a nice g-shock that is solar powered and gets its time zones automatically for 100$

try any datejust you absolute dipshit.
36mm

like 100-150 grams

try harder you ape

hodinkee.com/articles/rolex-datejust-review

That one's nice. I like more understated watches like that, not the gold blingy bullshit.

Of course, I much prefer a watch face that is easy to read at a glance too.

I wouldn't buy a rolex if I made under $12 an hour either.

Keep on wearing that FUCKHUGE 51mm case size watch

What do you guys think about keeping paperwork for the watches? Any of you keep the boxes and certificates and so on? Or are we just brand snobbing?

oh god you fell for the meme watch. Where are your chelsea boots and trench coat? hows the man bun fitting you?

It was partly a gift from my dad, and its relatively inexpensive. Go look up that model on ebay you fucking socially autistic kid. That one is like $5k.

not hard.

probably too hard for this guy to comprehend making more than $12 an hour

master race checking in

Don't forget that that huge ass tells more information than that shit expensive watch, and again even if I got 1 milion an hour would buy that, some islands would be better ... Another discution.

There's no way the watch in that pic is real... the lume on the hour markers look like they've been painted on by a 4 year old chinese sex slave

>can't afford one
The truly honest answer is that I'll never be able to afford such an expensive watch on a teacher's salary.

>don't want one
Sounds like bitter grapes, but I wouldn't buy one anyway. Not because I don't like them. They're really, really nice watches. A friend of mine owns one (yes, a real one) and it's gorgeous. I love it. But I'd be scared to death wearing it. Nick it, scratch it, chip it... a watch worth several thousand dollars? Yeah, no...

You could rationalize it anyway you want:

For money you came out retarded in spending that much when you can spend less and get a used [insert finer brand] that's much more interesting.

As a statement I don't want to look like a rich idiot that doesn't know anything about watches. If you think Rolex owners buy them because they have great horological knowledge, you're retarded.

As a useful device, it's almost useless: at best tells dual time, has a 60m timer, and tells you the date.

I'm a bit of an horological fan myself, but also a poorfag, so I only have a TAG (I know, very entry level), and a Oris (tool watch) (among others not worth mentioning) and I find myself using them less and lees every time, in favor of my G-Shocks that actually do quite a lot more.

That's why I don't own, and never will, a Rolex or similar brand.

sure thing grandpa.

you dont look 60+ m8, why do you have a datejust

Because I prefer Breitling.

sure thing boy. you look good in that 51mm case watch m8 made of plastic. you look good.

but hey you got a compass and the lunar phases and shit. real cool

Fuck you and your space nigger search squad.

testo spierdalaj na karachana

For cheap watches get a Timex, Seiko or an Orient. They look nice, are well made and not expensive

because my 60+ grandpa left it to me when he died thanks asshole

What kind of bulb is this?

Master race reporting
1/3

I've no idea if it's real. I just pulled a picture of one that looks similar to mine.

hahahaha proved my point. Sell and get a sub or something?

Or does it hold sentimental value for you

Not whom you're replying to but:

Yes, G-Shocks are but ugly, but beauty is subjective. I find Rolex (modern ones) disgusting with half a novel printed in the dial and that hideous ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX on the inside bezel (right name?)

I use my G-Shocks because I MTB, run, swim, etc. I would look ridiculous with a Rolex.

At ABlogToWatch they recently did a piece on the designer of G-Shocks, have a look, maybe you'll change your mind a bit.

this>>>>>lower end rolexs

You have no idea what a Grand Seiko can cost.

that is so busy... so busy and stupid that you must be autistic if you buy one of those.

i hope youre not serious.

Master race reporting 2/3

My favorite time piece
The Breitling is my 2nd fav.. standby for my Rolex

I am fucking serious. Anyone?

Very nice

xd

I don't think it's worth it to spend that much on a watch

Not only that, but most likely an ETA generic movement.

I'm obviously not talking about a Grand Seiko you fucking retard

My nigger. Breitling > fotm rolex crap

they look like shit, thats really the only reason. got a tag instead

probably keep in a drawer for the rest of my life because sentimental value. i've never really gotten into flashy accessories. i wear a canvas strap timex most days, and a $10 silicone wedding band.

Master race 3/3

Least favorite watch.

Law school graduation present from my parents. Never wear it

ROLEXROELXROLEX is called rehaut. it was started around 2006 and they kept using it thereafter.

there are many models, and rolex isnt even the king of watches in ANY way, they just have a lot of social stigma, and people keep buying them so theyrre popular.

if you dont like their looks there are MANY models to look through to find what you want, and you are always allowed to pick a better brand. maybe you like patek philiipEES

or whatevver m8.

>
I use my G-Shocks because I MTB, run, swim, etc. I would look ridiculous with a Rolex.

not at fucking all
they are dive watches for a reason, meant to do what youre talking about.

ideally you get a few watches. rolex for dress, gshock for outdoors, smart watch (rubber band) for exercise. at least thats what i would do if i were you.

rappers, basically any black people with money

Nice. Navitimer is the only Breitling worth owning IMO, but I raise you the best one. . .

Master race reporting in

Lots of features I never use. Not a god tier watch but the name is reputable.

Breitlings have a lot of issues. I own the Navitimer 01 World. some minor mechanical issues but a eye catcher. I find myself checking the time twice bc I like looking at the watch. They also make this model with a white face

Thanks, rehaut!

A dive watch, a mechanical dive watch (as we're most likely talking here) would never survive a regular MTB crash. Pick any Rolex model you want. They're simply not up to that kind of abuse.

And that's a valid reason as any to not wanting to buy a Rolex (or any other mech),

Ideally, the best 2 watch collection is a G-Shock and a Seiko 5.

I'm not a pilot but I'll concede

you clearly do not own that. you are at the store as there is a display case under you and it still has the bead on it.

pathetic.

>like 100-150 grams

Bulky ass g-shock weighs 85 grams thanks for proving my point faggot. And 36mm is 1.417 inches across which is quite a bit bigger than the dime size you were trying to pass of isn't it nigger.

Kys

A dive watch, a mechanical dive watch (as we're most likely talking here) would never survive a regular MTB crash. Pick any Rolex model you want. They're simply not up to that kind of abuse.

stainless steel is really pretty good but still will scratch up in daily use. I have one. I am this faggot:
it also has the same crysatal (sapphire) as your $300 gschock so the cyrstal is the same integrity.

youre not wrong, i wouldnt wear a rolex for rugged outdoors type shit. its for dress, man. how isnt that apparent?

the only real redeeming factor of rolexes are the movement and the looks (if you like the looks)

otherwise buy what you want.

I'm at a jeweler at 10:40pm. Most reputable jewelers close at 5pm before the niggers end their shifts at Wing Stop.

Go away and be salty somewhere else.

plastic vs stainless/gold/whitegold (oh god dont ever buy the whitegold)

and this kid is arguing about the weight. he wants a LIGHTER plastic watch. LOL!

2/10 bait. got me to reply

post a picture of all three watches in front of this thread like i did.

ever heard of pics or it didnt happen or are you a newfag? keep dreaming that you own these watches, you pathetic reddit-fag.

Because they are a fucking waste of money

OP here. I still own several G-Shocks. They are GOAT user watches. If I could only own one watch for the rest of my life, it would be this one.

really?
show us a photo, not from google...

already established why youre wrong. youre likely underage arent you?

My ol' man is still kickin.

The family heirloom can wait for a bit.

The time of day has no meaning to me, all i do is sleep, eat and wank.

My $100 cell phone has the time and date on it

now those are the classic casio ones i remember. good on you for having that one. that one defined the brand.
current gen gshocks look so junky imo

lol poorfag.

Pics or didn't happen? No, i'm not 11..

Go away nigger.. with all that money you spend on Jordan's you could have successfully failed out of your 1st semester of JR College. (books included)

I don't own one because OP is a faggot.

Stainless will scratch a lot, rubber bends.
Most G-Shocks have mineral, resist breaking better than sapphire.
I never say it wasn't obvious, the intended uses of each, I was answering OP's question: why don't you use a Rolex? Because I use G-Shocks and find them superior and more suited to my lifestyle than any mech.

Why? WHY is the movement a redeeming factor? A piece of centuries old tech that does very little and can break with a big hit and that you have to pay every few years to maintain?

That's a question I always ask mech fans. I understand the "beauty" and "craftmanship" but call it redeeming? Stretching it a bit.

And why don't you wear a rolex while doing that?

Cause I have a phone. It tells me time, weather.

Unless you own a rare, excentric, or very collectable piece, the price will go down with time.