What do you think about transmissions?

What do you think about transmissions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RNw3rnM4CRY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They need to be respected

They make vroom vrooms go

Beat the hell out of them. That way they don't go obsolete on you and you can get the latest and greatest in transmission technology.

I think automatic transmissions are awesome.

Manuals are for idiots who think they can do a job better than a computer specifically programmed for that function.

Do you even CVT nigga

automatic transmission is a great invention

all I ever read on ads when shopping for cars when you see a manual is

"just replaced clutch"

or

never dropped clutch, driven like a lady

but how the fuck can you tell? you can't. they all wear out when the decision is left to the owner

people make mistakes, computers don't

the car might cost 1000 less on average for a manual, but you MUST replace the clutch or worse in the long run

I fucking love trannies.

>people make mistakes, computers don't

what are you
>implying?

Relatively compromising pieces of design, always on the cusp of parasitic loss due to the requirement to handle modern day torque loads, but not drag down mandated fuel consumption.

y'all are just butt hurt that you can't drive manual

My car comes with the optional Nigger-proof(tm) manual transmission. Niggers see it and run.

I can drive manual. It's not difficult at all. It's a menial repetitive task.

Wearing it like a badge of pride just makes you look retarded.

I like manuals. They're fun to drive. Plus not everyone can drive a manual, so if some nigglet is looking for a car they most likely wont take mine. Besides a clutch isnt that hard to replace, and relativley inexpensive.

I'd love to see your alternative. Too bad it's probably scribbled on a napkin taped to your wall with pieces of string attaching nonsensicle equations to random news articles.

I bet you have a mac

Can confirm.

Here's my figure.
Manuals transmissions are fun, but can be annoying when you just want to commute with as little fuss as possible. That and clutch replacements.
CVT theoretically are the perfect transmissions, but the technology hasn't caught up yet.
Dual clutch transmissions, like manuals, are good for fun driving, but are shit for commuting and long term durability.
Normal slush box automatic transmisions generally are the most durable, and the best for everyday driving. But they're the least efficient, and they shift slow.
Take your pick, compromises with every design.

No but they might take tour catalytic converter and radio

I have a fairly large number of computers running operating systems that suit their primary purpose.

None of them is a Mac.

I also own 2 vehicles with transmissions that suit their purposes (comfortable road travel in stop-and-go traffic conditions).

Since I'm not a vaping Impreza owner, neither of them is a manual.

That's because it's in 5th and heading right for them.

The automotive Jew. Car need only an engine to drive wheels, and wheels and brakes. Transmission is an expensive and unnecessary part of a car.

New automatics vs new manuals have negligible gas mileage differences. Not hitting the gas when you know you'll be stopping soon makes the biggest difference

If driving a manual makes your commute more enjoyable good for you. For the most part this world is a fucking shit-hole and any amount of pleasure of joy you can extract from it is a victory.

I believe the tranny is behind the vehicle in your case.

Yeah, just hook the fucker directly to the driveshaft!

What could possibly go wrong?

They are better than they used to be, but there's no way around the loss inherent in all torque converters.

vehicle

>wheel

manual transmission is the only transmission that matters

What is this new meme and why should I car?

wow, I really hate you.

All you idiots talking about power loss like it even matters.

Unless you work as a racecar driver, it really fucking doesn't.

Because you just realized how easily you can be replaced by a computer?

Don't shoot the messenger.

>Manual transmissions are fun
Yeah, stalling and accidentally groping your buddy's leg is fucking fantastic.

> stalling
That's not the transmissions fault........

You're actually driving the car with a manual transmission.
Everyone can drive a manual, but most people aren't good at it.

Not if you're not a fag and know what you're doing

Didn't some nigger shoot somebody recently because they went to carjack them and got pissed off when he found out it was a manual transmission?

The 3 people in the world who've never ever stalled in a manual.

Must be my lucky day to have met you all at once.

>groping your buddy's leg
Also not the transmissions fault

Well I'm alive today because my powerful car was able to get out of the way of a semi trailer who was about to T-bone me, but yeah, it probably doesn't matter

youtube.com/watch?v=RNw3rnM4CRY

Kind of shifty if you ask me.

Accidental groping reduces substantially with automatic transmissions, I found.

Now I do it on purpose.

Being able to drive manual means you're not a bitch to the jew and can drive a car. Not steer a car, actually drive a car

I think your mom transmissioned AIDS to me

6/10

Same. Thought that was code for a trannie thread

In the grand scheme of things?

No, it doesn't matter. Life would go on without you there to cock around in an intersection.

Keep your fucking eyes open.

If it goes forward when I tell it to and stops when I tell it to, I am in control of the vehicle.

That's actually the definition of driving.

>standard car less expensive then automatics
Where the fuck do you live?

That's because they can't figure out why there's a 3rd pedal which throws their grey matter into overdrive burning even more grey matter to start galloping away in confusion

Torture isn't cool and y'all niggas should feel ashamed of yourselves

I typically have had a fairly nice moto and an off-road vehicle of some kind my whole life. Now I am about 6 years into being a geezerfag now so have given up the bikes (old = slow reflexes even if you won't admit it) but still love to go deep in the mountains during the summer where few others can make it.

All my 36+ years of off-road vehicles - FJ40 Land Cruisers, Jeep Wranglers and even a D90 Land Rover - have been manual shifters. In 2016 I got the last year they made the Xterra (2015) in the ProX model because I loved the engine and expedition capabilities. I hated the feel of the manual transmission though so decided to compromise and got the automatic. Long story short its not as bad as I thought it would be off-road and is great to have in gridlock city traffic.

It's not that I never ever stall, but if you're even half decent, it shouldn't be a problem.
If stalling it is a regular problem, then, like I said before, it's not the transmissions fault, it's yours.

Dude i don't even know shit about car mechanics but you seem to be an ignorant dumb pretentioys fuck who thinks he has it all figured it out

>tl;dr
Get a load of this faggot

>stalling
I don't even drive and i can tell that's because you're a fucking noob

Best automatic transmission is a 2 speed powerglide.

Prove me wrong

"fun"
motherfucker its a chore

>Slow
>FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSTTT

They should rename it the sanic transmission

Dubs confirms your a fag

>more torque
so you are saying that the compressible hydraulic fluid in a torque converter delivers more power than the direct connection of a closed clutch plate? How does that work?

>MUH TANSMISHIN IS A COMPOTA

Et tu, Fruité

I actually didn't realize you had rolled dubs when I replied to you. I was just leaving it up to kek and he confirmed your faggy life

Automatic transmissions cost more, because there's more to them. Only Americans irrationally pay more to not have them.

The mechanisms and sensors that tell it when to shift are often either interpreted by, or otherwise operated by a computer.

A transmission can't anticipate the speed or gear needed for a turn.

Your digits add up to 36, which is totally the gayest number ever. Faggot.

>Compressible hydraulic fluid
When the engine is spinning slow enough the torque converter essentially acts as a reduction gear, further multiplying torque.

>automatic
faggot

Manual and automatic both have pros and cons. I have 2 vehicles, one for work/winter/ bad conditions/quick trips etc and one for pleasure. My work vehicle is manual. I just like being in complete control especially when I need 4x4. Automatic has its advantages as well but I'd prefer to drive a stick of given a choice

Fluid doesn't compress, you fucking dildo.

That, and hydraulic fluid isn't compressible.

No different than a gearbox with a lower 1st gear then...

There's only one gender you faggots.

Not as gay as u fag!

All fluids are compressible.

ford focus didn't come into production until 1998.

I'm tired of all these tranny threads

Well, old fashioned transmitions were less efficient than manual transmitions, thats why i always bought standard, but now with CVT im going automátic all the way

Technically yes. But certainly not in the applications which we speak of.

>Manuals are for idiots who think they can do a job better than a computer specifically programmed for that function.
100% 'A' grade faggotry from a colossal retard. I'm so glad you will die one day.

If hydraulic fluid was compressible, then your brakes wouldn't work worth a fuck.

>nothing even resembling a retort with any substance or fact

It absolutely applies if you are stating that there is less power loss through a hydraulic system over a mechanical one.

He's right. It can compress.

But only at approx 3000 psi for a 1% reduction, making it totally irrelevant in this application.

See

Your moms fluid compresses

>Everyone can drive a manual, but most people aren't good at it.

No they can't. I swear Everytime I take my Cummins 5.9 with a six speed to have the oil changed it's a circus. See one guy run out jump in truck, gets out cause he can't drive stick. Another guy comes starts it up. Oh shit here comes the bucking bronco either that or stalls it out. Go out to nice restaurant and give the keys to the valet parking guy, stand there and watch for a good laugh as he gives it gas and the turbo spools then he let's the clutch out and it lunges forward before stalling.
Had one guy come and tell me there is something seriously wrong with the truck so I sent my wife to go drive it over. He couldn't look either of us in the face after that.. there are a lot of people that can drive stick but a lot who can't my wife's sister is a prime example I tried for the longest time to teach her in my wife's WRX she couldn't grasp it she just kept dumping the clutch. My wife on the other hand had it figured out in 30 min her first time.

I don't see why they can't just use the bathroom of the gender they were born with?

Go Titans!

>WRX

well alot of that is because people don't understand the mechanics behind the manual transmission. on the same note alot people new to manual trannies ask at what rpm they should shift and i have to explain to them it depends on the circumstances and that you just have to get a feel for it rather than looking at the tach.

Hey man cudos to you on that 5.9 6 speed, great truck. However, that is by far one of the easiest manuals I've ever driven. It's extremely smooth with an easy to use clutch. You can feel the power grip it so well its a no-brainer driving. I have never had issues driving it.

>looking at the tach

If you have had a vehicle with a manual in it for a while you are so use to it you don't need to look you can just feel and hear it. It becomes tactile