ITT: good bands with extremely cringy images

ITT: good bands with extremely cringy images

looks cool desu

except theyre all white....

Kill yourself faggot.

Slipknot?

thats a cringy band with a cool image tho

every animal collective promo pic, though they arent really my taste but its hard to argue that they are a "bad" group. but the pics are so awkward

He's not wrong. A bunch of pasty white hippies dressing in voodoo gear is a few steps from blackface.

no i was asking if OP's image was Slipknot
and nothing about Slipknot is cool

pretty sure op is goat

This is the most reddit post ive ever seen on this board

OP said good bands...

Yeah man, reddit, home of the_donald, would definitely make that post.

One year ago, when you made a fairly reasonable post about race that the average person would agree with everyone told you to go back to tumblr. Now they're projecting their imaginary sjw fantasy site onto reddit i guess.

Nigga what are you even on about
Dressing up in cool outfits is nowhere near painting your face black with red lips and doing minstrel shows

You should feel ashamed

no they're just nice subtle psychedelic images

dressing up in an outfit associated with the cultural practices of a culture youre race has killed and enslaved or otherwise harmed and continues to hold power over in global power structures is pretty dang evil dude

Not everything is about fucking race politics no one gives a shit as long as they aren't mocking it or making fun of it
They wear it because they think it looks cool, and it looks cool, so who gives a fucking shit about how they dress

kill yourself faggot

>no one gives a shit as long as they aren't mocking it or making fun of it
you are really fucking clueless. every heard of cultural appropriation. taking and profiting or advancing yourself off of stolen cultural output of structurally less powerful groups. cultural practices and differences that often were used to justify colonialism and imperialism.

>blackface is bad

End your lives

They're fetishizing a religious tradition of a marginalized group of people and perpetuating a shitty stereotype about the mysticism of it.

Maybe a better comparison would be Orientalism.

You can tell when Sup Forums has nothing left to say when they start pulling out the "kill yourself!"

ITT: you were the biggest faggot on the face of the fucking planet. Be proud. And then proceed to neck yourself for the good of humanity.

Because you're not worth arguing with. Even most of /lgbt/ will not put up with your shit, so the "lol Sup Forums so triggered" line ain't gonna work.

Go back to Tumblr please

start citing precisely what cultural sources their costumes are coming from with visual aids or shut the fuck up you clueless mongoloid

if anything the only culturally insensitive thing going on here is you're attributing their dress to a vague proposed cultural minority you're unwilling to explicitly identify

no i like talking about music. and its clear the people who need to be educated are here.

>educate yourself
No, that would be you.

oh no, /lgbt/ would disagree with me? i guess all my arguments are invalid. brb re-evaluating my life

but hes right and youre being a headass so

It means your opinions are not wanted, even on the most lefty of lefty boards. Also, you're suggesting you don't give a fuck about other opinions and expect us to listen to yours?

Worst thread of the day because of the faggot sjw thinking we're plebbit or timblr.

Fuckin a, it is. Also pic related is the best image a musician has ever had. So good that his career was tanked to make sure no one tried to rip him off.

says the one guy throwing a tantrum, samefagging to make it look like there are people who agree with you.

Are you a nigger or something lmao.

/lgbt/ isn't some extreme leftist haven, mate
I don't really care if you "want" my opinion. Shouting about how much you don't want to hear something doesn't refute an idea.

Maybe those black guys deserve to have thier culture stolen man, i mean really what have they done to deserve keeping it haha

SJW is one thing but we dont say nigger here
back to pol and b, your home boards.

Woah, you ARE a nigger lmao

I vaguely remember the liner notes of Emergency on Planet Earth were Jay Kay basically saying "yeah, I know I'm not a Native American, but I'm respecting and bringing attention to your culture, so you can deal with it", but in a more polite way because he wasn't quite the douchebag he is today.

>Shouting about how much you don't want to hear something
Except no one does, and you utterly derailed this thread.

Voodoo is a pants on head retarded "religion". Pretty sure Haitians would be happy that someone actually gives a shit about it so far up north

I didn't derail the thread. I explained why the OP was cringy... the point of the thread.

Telling people who share ideas you don't agree with to go back to reddt/tmblr or to kill themselves is the definition of trying to stop opinions you don't agree with from being shared.

Pretty much any good metal band

IDK, I think you could argue that Goat's costumes are reminiscent of the Sami indigenous people traditional style. The band is from northern Sweden, one of the regions the Sami lived. They might have some connection to that culture.

Lmao, no wonder they call this place /nu/

Dude your panicking lol calm down noone understands what your talking about.

Actual cringe this time

No shit. Sounds like backpedaling desu. Can't even be sure anymore.

im not the same guy
its always funny when you people come out of your containement boards and are shocked that people dont tolerate your kind here

Woah bro calm down my nigga where dat grape drank at you jive ass turkey lmao

Oh man, people in Sup Forums really have no class.

>Dude your panicking
What?

>Sounds like backpedaling
What?

They look kind of dorky in pictures but it's really cool live. They put on a very theatrical show, especially Attila

Some one call the police or something this guy is having a panic attack

The only one that even remotely looks like African tribal clothing is the far right

Their imagery fits well into this amplifier worshipping cult theme

isn't it more racist to define an entire people by their ancestor's clothing?

who're you calling "you people" you fuckin racist nigger?

ok now you're being the fucking retard

>every blackmetal guy in corpsepaint

No one did that though.

Also:
>hurr durr, aren't the REAL racists the anti-racists

Dude no one gives a fuck about "cultural appropriation". Aren't we fighting to bring down racial barriers and all live as one? Doesn't that imply that we should all be able to enjoy all cultures no matter who we are and where we come from? Next you're gonna say a black guy can't like anime or classical music. It's all bullshit, everyone should be able to enjoy cultures outside of their own countries, isn't that a main point of globalism, something most leftists vehemently believe in? and why are you so mad on behalf of others? Like they probably don't give two fucks what some Swedish guys are wearing or not.

You call those bad AnCo photos?

I'd argue this but you're 110% correct. Nice trips.

>Dude no one gives a fuck about "cultural appropriation:
Well that's just wrong.

>Aren't we fighting to bring down racial barriers and all live as one?
Fighting racism != you can not acknowledge cultural differences

>Doesn't that imply that we should all be able to enjoy all cultures no matter who we are and where we come from?
There's a difference between "enjoying" a culture and appropriating it.

>Next you're gonna say a black guy can't like anime or classical music.
No, I wouldn't say that. A black guy taping his eyes slanted and shouting "I riku anime very much" would be racist, though.

>It's all bullshit, everyone should be able to enjoy cultures outside of their own countries, isn't that a main point of globalism, something most leftists vehemently believe in?
"Globalism" doesn't have a point other than to describe an increasingly borderless world, you moron. It's also not a politically charged "leftist" term.

>and why are you so mad on behalf of others?
I'm not mad.

>Like they probably don't give two fucks what some Swedish guys are wearing or not.
I could ask you "why you are so defensive on behalf of others?" If I can't speak for anyone else, why should you be able to?

"you people" as in racists that come outside the containment boards dedicated for racism.

they do it on purpose, they HAVE TO
nobody can have so many crappy promo pics by accident

>There's a difference between "enjoying" a culture and appropriating it.
So I as a Puerto Rican man can enjoy hip-hop, but I can't make it? I mean that would be me appropriating it for myself. That's just stupid, I should be able to dress up in a respectable way as if I believed in voodoo or any other things. And lets say Chinese people have the right to make Bomba y plena, as well as Salsa.

>No, I wouldn't say that. A black guy taping his eyes slanted and shouting "I riku anime very much" would be racist, though.
Exactly, yet how is it racist for these guys to dress up in fairly accurate clothes of one culture or another. It's not like they painted themselves black, or are dancing in a stereotypical way, or doing some stupid "rain dance". They're just dressed in a certain way. Going back to the black guy, if he wears a kimono or something that isn't racist it's just dressing up. If he would also mispronounce his English then that's racist.

>"Globalism" doesn't have a point other than to describe an increasingly borderless world, you moron. It's also not a politically charged "leftist" term.
Having a borderless world causes cultural diffusion, these are all consequences of globalization. And I never said it's a leftist term, I said that most leftists believe in globalization more than the conservative alt-right.

>I could ask you "why you are so defensive on behalf of others?" If I can't speak for anyone else, why should you be able to?
I'm not really defending anyone, I just like having a good argument, expressing my ideas and having a normal discussion.

I think black people should stop culturally appropriating whites and using computers automobiles and phones and such

that barely looks like what they're wearing

bump

>So I as a Puerto Rican man can enjoy hip-hop, but I can't make it?
I didn't say that.

>Exactly, yet how is it racist for these guys to dress up in fairly accurate clothes of one culture or another.
It's not accurate and it's not a respectful homage.

>It's not like they painted themselves black, or are dancing in a stereotypical way, or doing some stupid "rain dance"

Have you watched their concerts? Just curious.

>Going back to the black guy, if he wears a kimono or something that isn't racist it's just dressing up.
I don't know who this hypothetical kimono guy is or why he's doing this so I can't comment.

>And I never said it's a leftist term, I said that most leftists believe in globalization more than the conservative alt-right.
I don't understand what this means.

>I'm not really defending anyone, I just like having a good argument, expressing my ideas and having a normal discussion.
Good for you, but you also tried to shut down my argument by asking why I'm speaking for other people. I'm merely pointing out that, by the same logic, I could say the same of you. I actually don't it matters, for the record.

what's disrespectful about the homage?

They're not vodouists, they have zero interest in vodouism, they're pretty much turning the mystic magical negro think into a fashion statement.

I'm not saying they're super racist nazis, it's just tacky.

I think if they're just doing it to look cool, it's not disrespectful. What's disrespectful about it? Is wearing a toga to look cool disrespectful to the ancient Romans?

kill yourself

shut up nigger

You're a fucking idiot. Their clothing looks more like European Pagan garb than voodoo wear.

Sup Forums is th most pozzed board on Sup Forums.

Ancient Romans don't exist anymore.

Yet WE WUZ seems to still be a contentious issue.

what a pathetic thread.
please lurk for a few years before posting, you reddit and tumblr trog immigrants

>I can't separate cultural appropriation from cultural appreciation.

They are genuinely into that stuff just like AnCo used to be really into native american stuff. They are not some big corporation trying to sell a product and make money by exploiting another culture. It could become a problem however if their fans started to copy their style without even caring about what the style even is and where it comes from.

if they did, would it be disrespectful?

tfw you see this shite thread is still active

I wasn't aware that was a thing in Italy.
Perhaps, it's contextual and just like the kimono thing, I have no idea what this hypothetical context is.

what's the difference between the Goat scenario (wearing the costumes to look cool/create a recognizable image) and a black guy wearing a kimono for the same purpose. I don't really know about the whole cultural appropriation thing and I'm honestly curious

Well let's say a black hip hop artist makes a song about Asian women, puts in a tacky "oriental" sounding beat (e.g. samples "Kung-Fu Fighting" and makes a video where he's in a Komino and goes through every Asian stereotype (e.g. chop sticks, martial arts, etc.). I hope you'd agree that's not the most respectful depiction, like if an Asian made an "American" song and dressed up as a redneck and shot guns/ate burgers/rolled around on a scooter.

If a black dude lived in Japan and wore a Komino in an appropriate setting, it would obviously be fine.

But Goat isn't doing what this hypothetical black guy is doing, they're just making partially afrobeat-influenced heavy psych with a cool aesthetic. Also what said.

Well it gets kinda complicated. If someone is mimicking Fela Kuti and they're in black face and loin clothes, is it homage or racism? I mean thats a way more obvious example, but I guess it is A complicated topic w no easy answers. The Sami thing may be a valid point, but runs into some of the same issues.

Maybe another way of putting it: Eminem isn't appropriation because he lived that life, in poverty in Detroit. If a rich white dude from Beverly Hills started randomly dressing "black," I'd call it appropriation. In the same vein, whether they're mimicking Haitians or Indigenous people, if they're not somehow deeply involved w that lifestyle, I think it's tacky.

But again, I'm not saying they're literally Hitler or they should be dropped by their label or whatever. This is just my opinion.

but to me, it seems like they are deeply involved in it, given that they've never even given an interview outside of character. that kind of dedication to me seems like they really do care about what they're associating themselves with. I understand that cultural appropriation is a thing and can be bad, but I don't see anything bad coming out of this, same for the rich white dude scenario.

Is this a new promo pic from Death Grips?

bump

Yeah man, Sup Forums, home of Sup Forums, would definitely make that post.