Slasherkino

Name a more comfy setting for a movie than a summer camp.

No really, name one, I'd love to find out about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

dreadcentral.com/top-10-lists/37587/top-seven-supermarket-slaughters/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get this, it's called "Sleepaway Camp"

Clerks has the comfiest setting in cinema.

But that's not horror.

What do fellow slasher friends think of the upcoming Friday the 13th reboot?

Apparently it's an origin story by the guy that directed The Last Witch Hunter

>the upcoming Friday the 13th reboot?
Really? Was the last reboot with Watchmen-guy that much of a failure that they have to reboot just after one movie?

The killer from the last slasher film you watch has to fight against Dutch and his team

Who's fucked, and how much are they fucked?

Summer Camp is the best. But the one I find very underrated is grocery store. I've always found grocery stores in movies to be super comfy. The Mist did it well.

you're right, i remember thinking that same thing watching The Mist

are there any others that take place in a store, though?

Intruder is pretty goat if you get the uncut version and can handle 80's slashers.

Summer Camp is the best, but I also like small American towns, like Halloween 4.

Many horror and action movies have comfy supermarket death/slaughter scenes but sadly I can't think of many that are primarily set in one.

dreadcentral.com/top-10-lists/37587/top-seven-supermarket-slaughters/

I love 80s slashers and I'm surprised this one has slipped under my radar. Thanks for the rec, definitely going to check this one out.

I watched Final Girls the other day and thought it wasn't very good.
I think I got mixed up somewhere because I was expecting a Cabin in the Woods style deconstruction but it was really just lots of campy homages and a meta-plot without much of a good movie to back it up.

y-you are confusing friday the 13th with nightmare on elm street, but yeah that reboot was fucking disgusting

I watched Candyman recently and I love the look of the scungy apartments and ghettos. Anything else like that?

I imagine it could get maybe three or four of them if it was really stealthy, but Arnie would win in the end.

Basket Case and Combat Shock have great settings that are similar.

Honestly at this point I just want another Jason movie. There hasn't been a Jason or Myers movie this decade, and the last Freddy film was the terrible remake in 2010.

I never hear anything about Intruder and it's a damn shame. Great movie.

What about campuses?
Specifically sororities.

Dog Soldiers

Top ten slashers

1. My Bloody Valentine
2. Black Christmas
3. Maniac
4. Halloween
5. The Mutilator
6. The Prowler
7. Prom Night
8. The House on Sorority Row
9. Just Before Dawn
10. Silent Night, Deadly Night

This movie makes me feel so uneasy I hesitate to call it "comfy." Maybe for the first ten minutes.

the thing has the comfiest setting in cinema.

watching it in winter with some brandy is max comfy.