So what happened?

So what happened?

He ordered the peppers with the eggs and ate it noisily

Fear knocked on the door. Faith answered. There was no one there.

I just finished my rewatch, and I'm leaning toward him not dying. There were a lot of frantic camera cuts, almost paranoid.

But either way, the episode made it clear that the Jersey family is dwindling away.

carmella ate his gabagool

too much mother fuckin gabagool

What do you expect? He came in at the end. The best was over.

The point is it doesn't matter what happened. He either dies there in front of his family or he dies later. Either way, he's fucked. He's always fucked, someone always wants him gone. Carlo's testifying so he'll probably end up in prison. The end is coming for all of us and we can't escape that, so 'enjoy the good times' with family and friends and just live life.

He stopped believing

who cares? it was a shitty finale

The man couldn't hold his 'go 'za.

He woke up the next morning and got himself a gun.

When he looked up to the door, Tony realised that fear had consumed him.

He wasn't the kind of guy who was concerned when someone came through the door. He was always the wizard behind the curtain, he knew people were coming to see him because he was the Don, the Godfather, and he knew it would always be on his terms, they were in his house.

But, at this point, when he looked up cautiously to see if someone was gonna try and hit him, he realized that he wasn't in his house anymore.

He stopped believing...in himself.

everyone's got these thought out theories and has dissected each shot of this scene by now but i'm curious what everybody's reaction was immediately after seeing the finale?

I'm still always going to say he died. All the foreshadowing and everything went into it. I know its set up to make is wonder both sides, but why else would the camera follow the guy getting out of his chair and going to the rest room. We never see him come back to his seat before the cut to black. It is said explicitly at least twice that you wouldn't even hear your death coming, it would just be sudden black

I had already been spoiled beforehand

Some people were pissed and thought their cable went out

if you were not there it doesn't matter

Considering how it ended badly for literally everyone in that show except maybe little Carmine, Tony probably was killed. That or it doesn't matter since he lost most of his closest men and was going to jail. There's always some ''crime doesn't pay'' ending to these gangster shows/movies.

Literally died of a massive heart attack.

Pissed at first, kinda like what the fuck. Actually think I said that. I've never been more nervous for a character in my entire life. That scene had me on the edge of my seat.

Later came to appreciate it greatly. It was incredibly done and the fact we're still discussing it this many years later speaks wonders.

Dey tooker.

your doing a heck of a job there brownie

embarrassing

I like how they worked that reference into the show for Ton' to use even though none of his crew would even get it

Honestly why didn't they just show him getting his brains blown out? For one he deserved it. Two it would of made his wife pay for being complicent in all his crimes and finally have to see the reality of it along with his children.

Chase pussied out in the end IMO, also it sucks the end is ambiguous cause that's all anyone talks about when the series is brought up.

Chase already explained why. To fuck with those who cheered him on for years and then when the series was coming to a close suddenly lusted after his blood

Literally who was he talking about. I always rooted for Tony. There wasnt ever a time I was not rooting for the guy.

Seriously who did he talk to, to think that

ohh whould you take it easy ova there judge Roy Bean

Kill yourself faggot

It made me realize that this is just a show and I'm a loser siting alone in my bedroom at 2 in the morning

they took her...

he was the main character. show was about him, show ended abruptly because he was shot in the head. instant death, instant darkness.
no more tony, no more show. the end.

Only in America could a beast like Tony Montana be allowed to live and operate.

actually shouted "What the fuck? thats it?"

holy fuck that's the best feels face ever.

The show wasn't only about him. There were a shit ton of sub plots not to mention it wasn't like the entire show was from Tony's perspective

>mfw the entire cast and show's writers turned up to James Gandolfini's funeral

>ya nevah had the makings of a varsity actor

literally every show has sub plots, the point is there wouldn't be a show without tony, no more tony no more show, he ded.

>mfw Christopher aged the worst out of all the cast

>even kirspy kreme turned up

Holy fuck what happened

Pretty good theory

Tone didn't die, you plebs. The MO jacket guy just happened to be there. The MO jacket he's wearing and frog-tier face are visual devices that tell us he's either connected or made. He knows about Tony, hence the interest.

Storytelling-wise, why is he at Holsten's during the last scene of the show? Well, for the same reason kangz, truck drivers, boy scouts, young couple, regular Joes etc. are at Holsten's: Made in America, they represent Tony's life, both easy and uneasy. The 3 o'clock Godfather meme is just that - a meme. Because if MO guy wanted to ice Tone, he'd do that right away, without leaving his fingerprints all over the coffee mug and dozens of eye-witnesses.

DON'T STOP!

He dies.

The shots from Tony's point of view establish that we will be in his shoes, the last 10 seconds of blackness is Tony's death. Bullets travel faster than the speed of sound - that's why we never hear the shot. This point is foreshawed by both Sil (in the restaurant) and Bobby (in the boat)

Meadow being late seems unimportant, but in actuality her tardiness played 3 major roles:

1. Create suspense (for the viewer)
2. Gives Tony one last reason to look up
3. Distract Tony so MOG can take the shot
*Also: Meadow not sitting next to Tony is what gave MOG the clear shot. The whole episode heavily alludes to people being inattentive and getting caught off gaurd.

I just thought, fuck - he just died. This is what it must be like - to die, you black out methaphorically speaking.

That ending ruined Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" for me. Can't listen to it without thinking about that series finale anymore.

i decided he died for a long time but lately i've been liking the idea of being left with the paranoia and no escape

You're just another pleb that fell for Chase's trolling and switch 'n' bait meme.

Is there a show that's even close to being half as good as the sopranos?

The Wire is RELATIVELY close, but only relatively.

the wire if youre cool with nigs and six feet under if youre cool with queers

mad men as well

No, your feeling are wrong.

People who think a story like his must end with the message crime doesn't pay.

he died with a mouth full of onion rings

just like in real life ;__;

Good to see you back in this thread too, user. Haven't seen your soprano trollposts in months : ^)

There's no stigmata these days.

Its referenced multiple times that the scene with the gun is the toilet was going to be the end. Sopranos universe logic follows gangster tropes and mild paranormal activity.

The scene waits for his daughter to show up before he dies instantly from a gunshot. It goes to black because we saw the entire series from his viewpoint.

Second. They tried to be all deep but its just shitty and unsatisfying.

You're a pathetic loser user, seriously. Take a step away from your computer and think about your life for a moment.

I thought the same thing watching an illegal download 5 years after it came out. The fact that its a prolonged black is extra trickery.

How do we know the sub-plots are not how Tony imagines it all went down. I don't believe Camilla for example and she only sleeps with other men when Tony's heart is aching over her.

The Wire is objectively a better show both in terms of realism and character development. People seem to think its slightly unbelievable that people like Omar Little exist oblivious to the fact that he is based on Donnie Andrews.

You don't know me, shitcunt. Go kill your sister.

It's in the fucking song

"Don't stop-..."

Implies that we never wanted the Sopranos to stop when watching the finale but it does. It ends.

Another lyric from the song

"Oh, the movie never ends
It goes on and on, and on, and on"

Says the characters still exist after the cut to black but Tony can't see them because he's dead.

He looked up, saw Meadow, she sat down and complained about how she can't park and parking spaces are sexist, then bitched that onion rings make her fat and bloaty.

He's 50, user.

David Chase has said the ending isn't a puzzle or something to figure out, he just wanted to make people feel like they lost something, that it got torn away from them.
He did leave the big "hint" (if you didn't notice it, you weren't watching the show, because they fucking insert it again into a the penultimate episode) which drives people crazy to support their stupid "he died" agenda

yes as I pointed out the lyric about the movie never ending is what the point Chase was making that people never think about what happens after the story "ends"

God I just cant fucking stand Jame Gandolfini's fat ass in the show. He scarfs down gabagool by the truckload and his grease clogged arteries make him perpetually breathe with his mouth open. He must take some fucking long ass shits judging by the weight he has on. And I hate how they try to make this blob of a human as a "tough guy". Please even Artie is more intimidating than a fat piece of shit with droopy eyes. Not to mention that fat cock sucmer Vito. Honestly I would of been fine with a skinnoer don, maybe Furio. A guy who can actually fuck you up and not have a heartattack by the time he's 50. A fat ass with a type a personality just kills me.

dude the guys in the members only jacket was the brother of the connected guy who hung himself because he tony wouldnt let him out of the business or being a gangster
the episode where that dude hangs himself is called "members only" and its the same exact members jacket the guy in the diner was wearing

that was the dudes brother and it was a revenge killing
thats why tony didnt see it coming figuratively and literally
it was some unconnected guy who was a brother of somebody inside of tony's crew

stop being a pleb you nigger

lol was that actually someone's theory?

its pretty clear if you look at the details
rewatch "members only" and youll see that the guy had the same jacket
he wanted out and tony ignored him even after he did a "goodby hit" for him and he hung himself
it was tonys fault he killed himself so his brother vowed revenge while doing so in the same jacket he hung himself in
thats why tony thought he was somewhat safe in jersey and didnt see it coming at all

members only is the name of the jacket…

LOL, you're a literal equal to all those GOT "Tywin=Euron" types of braindead morons.

yea no fucking shit you humongous pleb
its the name of an episode too
the episode that is key to understanding who killed tony

why are you such a casual?
... dont even fucking know episode names and shit

>australian shitposting
at least now I know you aren't serious

i have not and will never watch got so dont compare me to them

and its not really a farfetched theory when you think about it for a second

but hey you guys are upset that someone figured something out and you didnt
>OH FUCK WHY HADNT THAT OCCURRED TO ME?!?!
cuz you guys are fucking retarded
thats why

im from washington dc you dumbass

just rewatch "members only" and the finale and maybe youll agree

just cause my theory is different than anyone youve ever heard doesnt make me absurd

Did Ralph kill the horse?
Was Jimmy a rat?
What happened to Russian?

Just like the ending, the point is it doesn't really matter

Schrodinger's Tony

>eugene had a members only jacket
>dies in an episode called member's only
>guy in Made in America is listed as member's only jacket guy
And the only logical conclusion to draw from these facts is that the man in the jacket is an brother of his that we never learned existed who was going there to assassinate the main character.

The point of the ending is that we dont know if he is alive or dead. It's that constant sense of paranoia. It's like schrodingers box (or however its spelled). And even the cat in one of the final episodes is allusion to this. We'll never know if Tony is alive or dead but thats the point. It's reflective of how he lived his life. The last scene is basically a representation of his life, like the american dream. The big football field mural, dont stop believing, family.

>washington dc
are niggers outshitposting australians these days?

its not that far of a stretch

there are legit more niggers in baltimore
im from the virginia side the white side

exactly this

>i like my endings wrapped up until neat little packages for me, and if theyre not I just make my own!

isnt that what this whole thread is about? making a conclusion based of speculation

and another question

whats up your ass? why are you such an unpleasant, gigantic sized faggot?

Yep, this is literally why the cut to black is so clever and not just a gimmick like the plebs think.