Is this nigga still relevant anymore? His first two albums are objectively obsolete...

Is this nigga still relevant anymore? His first two albums are objectively obsolete. Wolf is amazing but came out four years ago. Cherry Bomb fucking blows. Nobody seems to care about him in the media like before, and I rarely see teenagers hyping him as well. What the fuck happened?

He still has camp flog gnaw and his fashion shows but yeah he's not relevant anymore

>What the fuck happened?

Earl came back

>Wolf is amazing

>Earl came back
all earl does is make fun of ppl for being a fan of him lmao. hes dead also

>Is this nigga still relevant anymore?
yeah. he made shitty music and became famous. he won at life

I don't see what that has to do with Earl being/not being good or relevant.

IDLSIDGO is second only to Blonde if we're ranking all the OF-affiliated projects, and Doris is seriously underrated. Yeah the guy's a dick, but who cares? Hip-hop rewards dickishness.

nah earl peaked at his debut.

ahah earl is a racist piece of shit.

>Hip-hop rewards dickishness.

Haha not in this generation faggot. we all wanna get along and "just have fun".

Earl is deader than T lol
At least Tyler has that Golf media app

he became irrelevant when all his fans graduated from high school and realized songs about hating homework and your dad are fucking cringe

He's not that good of a rapper/producer/songwriter to maintain the OF hype from 2010/11. That and it was a very youth-oriented zeitgeist so most of his fans are in their 20s now and I imagine a lot of them find his music to be a bit embarrassing.

I was into goblin when it came out and got over it the following year. A lot of my people at my high school did. Whenever i hear about these crazy teenaged zeitgeist thing that people talk about whenever they come up i get really confused, because in a strange way they were something that really came and went.

he had two choices when he reached his peak, kill himself and be young forever, or release an album of mature slow jamz, evolving musically with his aging fanbase

It's weird looking back at how kids went crazy for them the and the press called them "The next Wu-Tang Clan" but it feels like it had all fizzled out well before Wolf and Doris both came out.

i was there as an adult watching it play out on mu, nothing but faggots spamming of every day, then people realized the only ones with talent were earl, frank, and tyler.
And now tylers music has aged terribly, and frank said adios and broke away from OF, and earl has potential but he is also kind of boring

I guess OF were exciting at the time because it was new for rap to have the rap equivalent of pop punk

>listens to media to find out who is relevant as an artist in his personal opinion
>is the definition of irrelevant

>Not that good of a rapper
False, unless you mean NOW. he showed a lot of potential and then quit trying around Goblin
>Producer
Patently false, Tyler produced like 5 albums worth of solid beats in the first couple of years of OF

Produced most of Earl's debut, all great beats. All of Bastard, lots of good beats with a couple of so so ones, nearly all of rolling papers which had some of his best production and was solid (production wise) front to back.STILL managed to produce more albums after and contrary to popular belief Goblin had a couple of stellar beats. Yonkers being one.Then comes out with Wolf which is again solid front to back. For a fan of the OLD OF sound Cherry Bomb was a great release. Bandwagoning fans didn't enjoy it because muh clipping but it was really both a revisiting of that sound as well as some growth from Tyler in the jazz sound.

If you really enjoyed their music and weren't along for the ride then you could appreciate Cherry Bomb.

>Songwriter
I think his songwriting pre-Goblin was stellar. Captured a unique aesthetic for sure. Was immature but didn't pretend not to be, was shocking for the sake of it but also had some clear actual problems he would discuss. Once he started bitching about fame in Goblin I knew it was a wrap. Tyler really has nothing to talk about or new to say at this point.

The whole reason he GOT hype is because he was promising in those areas. He and Earl had so much talent and potential they gave their friends hype just by being in the same "collective" as them.

>IDLSIDGO is second only to Blonde

What is Bastard, what is Earl, what is Doris, shit I'd put Rolling Papers over that shit-tier album, easily. YelloWhite and BlackenedWhite too.

I think it was also because there wasn't much going on as far as new rappers breaking out at the time. Looking at rap albums released in 2010, the only debuts of note were from Drake, Nicki Minaj and Waka Flocka Flame. Two of those would go on to be big stars but their albums weren't exactly blowing people away at the time.

>Tyler's music has aged terribly

This is so wrong. Tyler's music ALWAYS sounded dated. That was the point. His production is supposed to sound like shitty amateur weird jazzy 1980s alternate reality shit. That's the whole appeal. His LYRICS however you could say yes to. Listening to Goblin is a chore because of it.

Just because Tyler has pretty much outright refused to rap on trap shit except for a handful of features, something incredible in this era, doesn't mean his shit is "dated" in the sense you mean. I think all of his production holds up very well because of it's unique flavor.

i live in a white rich boy town and i saw someone with a golf shirt. i'm not sure he even knows what golf wang is but he was wearing it.

i think OF brought the idea into mainstream rap of its okay to be weird, them and lil b.

Also OF had more black people skateboarding, when i was growing up that was exclusively a white kid hobby.

Actually i think that was all some sort of marketing blitz to be all "im totally young dudes cowabanunga"

>Is this nigga still relevant anymore?
Nope.
Next thread