Why does Latin America lack any African influence unlike the US?

Why does Latin America lack any African influence unlike the US?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/global-development/2012/jul/12/peru-discrimination-african-peruvians
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro-Peruvian
youtube.com/watch?v=KEUf4XRA-hY
youtube.com/watch?v=JQo0Yu5iDZg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is Brazil?

Only 10% of the population of Brazil is black, less than the US. At least according to their census

most of our music has african roots

A portuguese colony.

>American education

>Why does Latin America lack any African influence unlike the US?

My friend, have you heard of the nations of Brazil, Cuba, Haiti and the Dominican Republic?

you mean Mexico, The rest of South America is full of niggers

3/4 of those nations are typical Mestizo countries and Haiti isn't Latin America

No he hasn`t
South Brazil is white!!!!

I haven't met very many black people who spoke Spanish

Most Mexicans I know think it's weird whenever they see a Black speak Spanish

yeah they are shitholes, just like black cities in america

Don't Blacks in Latin America occupy a higher social status than natives?

Sure we have few pure blacks, but at least half have african admixture.

Uruguay's native music, Camdombe, is literal black slave music

Here Native Americans are so rare that they are treated special. Almost everyone hates them in my state Mato Grosso but they still are treated special. Bunch of fat and useless people.

Worse than niggers

haiti was colonized by french, they still speak french
france is latin
haiti is latin

Unironically, the blacks died before getting into this country.
It was much easier to get slaves from natives.

They speak """"french""""

>mato grosso
fat death?

Native Americans are way worse than black people. At least here.

>Haitian Creole
>""""""French""""""

you speak "portuguese"

i speak "english"

Thick Jungle

>Haiti speaks French
If you spoke French you'd think otherwise.

ah!

Isn't Haitian Creole basically French Ebonics?

No, you speak English, and I speak Portuguese. They're not creoles, even if they somewhat differ in spelling and pronunciation.

Haitian creole is hardly french.

is Haitian france-talk really unintelligible to frenchies?

It reminds me more of listening to Hawaiian creole English

Rude Bush

OH GOD.

yeah, they dont speak french.
I've lived in Hawaii, they speak like cavemen
English: I dont want to go there, its dangerous.
Hawaiian English: Me no wan go dea, plenny danger, bra

i mean, literally. not even exaggerating in the slightest.

Isn't all official business in Haiti conducted in Standard French?

E do you consider African influence?
Beating up white people?
Being dumb as fuck and not wanting to see other blacks studying?
Joining gangs?
We have African influence here, you ape.
Just because it isn't American nigger culture doesn't mean we don't have it.

*What do

>american education

Very bad comparison but it's a creole nonetheless so it's a combo of several languages.

yup. they have creole for day to day stuff

You are so triggered it's not even funny you ape.

Really makes you wonder

I tired of Americans being dumb, ignorant and wanting that the rest of the world be just like them.
I bet you're American, a leaf wouldn't be triggered about that

Why be mad about idiots?

all of that is in your mind.

release your anger. be free!

>be American
>get blamed for the behavior of a leaf

No one gives a fuck about your complexes brah. Look at your post it just screams pure autism.

You're very wrong.To demonstrate it I will use your own train of thought
Kenya was colonised by the brits, they still speak english
Brits are anglo
Kenya is therefore anglo

But Haiti is literally a part of Latin America like officially it's considered it by the big organizations.

dont know why you think its different from us lol

kek

People make mistakes.

Oh fuck off leaf

Not really. It's like throwing a fit over Ethiopia/Eritrea being part of Sub-Saharan Africa.

I'm correct though.
Latin America originated from the French to distinguish Spanish, Portuguese and French palces to contrast those places from Anglo areas.

but that's bullshit

venezuela and colombia has shittons of mulattos and native-black mixed people.

uruguay has an entire genre based on african drum music

tango wouldn't have happened if it weren't for the black owned saloons/whorehouses of buenos aires

brazilian axé, funk carioca and some other retarded genre I can't remember descend from african music

caribbean rhythms have strong african influence and so does mexican jazz

there's three or four genres in the caribbean islands that are direct descendants of african folk music like uruguayan candombe, including that one haiti genre with weird a name

t. american >education

replies to a leaf
bitches about americans
retarded monkey

Well it's mainly because the African origins of those things are always on the down-low or people are avoidant about it so to speak.

Depends on the latin country, there are some latin american countries that still have blacks picking cotton like the 1800's and in the case of mexico, majority of slaves sent there where male/very, very few families and most die in the silver mines.

> there are some latin american countries that still have blacks picking cotton like the 1800's

But culturally the Blacks there just adopted general Latin American culture unlike here, the Blacks have their own distinct culture

watch Black in Latin America PBS

They go through each major latin american country and what happened to the slaves sent there and their current situation.

Fuck this dumb thread, post more capybaras.

I wonder if Peruvians eat that too

Yeah but over 50% of the population is mixed with blacks.
White people in brasil in general will also have native blood, as they were incorporated into the gene pool.

Br posters used to be better. Now they make me cringe a lot.

>But culturally the Blacks there just adopted general Latin American culture unlike here

No many cases they ahve their own or spinoff version.

>unlike here, the Blacks have their own distinct culture

Not really. Black American culture is at it's base MAJORLY Southern culture with some alterations. Black American culture isn't anymore distinct then other parts of American culture. To say THAT is distinct would imply other notable American cultures as "distinct" too.

Why do you presume to know anything at all about Latin American culture?

sorry but that's not trustworthy. Americans have a very narrow view of race and always see everything vaguely related to it in therms of race warfare

what you are talking about is just poor people who live shitty lives. yet you guys always find a way to mix

only places were race is really a thing is in BRland and mexico, and the latter only because of your influence.

>To say THAT is distinct would imply other notable American cultures as "distinct" enough to note it as such too.

correction

only places were race is really a thing is in BRland and mexico, and the latter only because of your influence.

kek

>unlike here, the Blacks have their own distinct culture

no, you have a favela subculture (aka ghetto culture) just like the poor in Brasil and Argentina do, and because of your nation's obsession with race you somehow managed to culturally link it with black people, quite possibly, permanently.

>tango wouldn't have happened if it weren't for the black owned saloons/whorehouses of buenos aires

An argie actually recognizing this. wow.

That's bullshit user. Black culture is a wide as fuck spectrum. To associate that with only just the ghettos is plain retardation and only really said by idiots who don't know shit about it or American culture in general (same folk who think Black only make rap or hip hop of a variety that triggers them nowadays).

>His country has niggers

shut up pedro, Veracruz is niggerland. Don't pretend to be Argentina or Chile, in any case you are still as shitty as the tropical nigger countries, Uruguay has a lot of niggers by southern cone standards and they are ten times the country you are.

You are so fucking ignorant. Not only house negros were a thing, but the land chile won in the war against peru was filled with niggers (they moved there after african slavery was illegal), not only that but the Slaves that fought on the chilean side during independence were given freedom... On the condition they moved out of the country.

After we won the land in the north Chilean authorities opened the jails (so the criminals would move north) and moved the armies and their families to the north, not only to "chileanize" the conquered people there, but also to scare away niggers. The "chile is too cold for niggers" is a meme as stupid as the "yellow fever killed them all" one the argies say. Our countries got rid of them, and there's nothing wrong with that, the problem is pretending it didnt happen.

That poster is Eye-talian

t. pardo amerindiANO

it's not as much as not being recognized but rather being a very obscure thing. anyone with a passive interest in the genre will know this. it's a well documented fact.

In fact, Tango takes influence from all places: the buenos aires underground, musicians from the argentine litoral region, brasil, africa, spain, germany & the slavic countries, and native performers.

I didn't say ghetto culture is black culture.

I said ghetto culture, which is a favela subculture - something poor people use as an identity to compare and distance themselves from everyone else, generally other social strata.

New world anglos managed to associate that subculture with black people. And you can't deny most americans that think of black culture will picture ghetto culture.

Beyond that, any other kind of black culture is a regional take on general new world anglo zeitgeist. it can't be treated separately as "white" culture because they all hold the same core values.

>were given freedom... On the condition they moved out of the country.

i'm honestly surprised

>Our countries got rid of them, and there's nothing wrong with that, the problem is pretending it didnt happen.

we didn't have many black people. actually, we didn't have much people in general

people forget that we weren't a plantation colony like Brasil or the gran Colombia. During Spanish rule the rio de la plata region was considered an arid shithole that was only good for trade ports and cattle farming. and that we were until the late 1800s.

We never got many slaves in the first place. We did have lots of house blacks in buenos aires due to trade, but those blacks quickly mixed with the chinas (natives that assimilated into the cities) and their lineage was all but lost.

As a matter of fact, the rarest pre independence argentinean you can kind is a pureblooded black. I don't even know if there's any of those left.

>Tango was invented by niggers
>The only people that listen/learn tango are Eurocucks
That activated my choripan

I hate niggers but I won't pretend Chilean culture is mostly criolla for based reasons, out natives were in the stone age, just like brazil, they just didn't had anything to give us, in the case of Chile Especially, Peruvian and Bolivian Indians gave us waaaay more culture than the locals from central Chile, he'll even Paraguay ended giving us mate with the gauchos from southern Chile. Lacking afro culture sucks. Beans and rice and in general slave food is great.

>Veracruz is niggerland
>less than 1%

>New world anglos managed to associate that subculture with black people. And you can't deny most americans that think of black culture will picture ghetto culture.

Blacks were always the underclass of everything.that association is something that was NEVER new in any way. Once again you messed up hard.

At least on Sup Forums the tango fun fact triggers the argies.

>we didn't have many black people

Didn't San Martin have a close black friend that saved his life? I don't imply that there were lot of blacks in argentina, just another fun fact some argie told me.

Lautaro was based IMO.
Even Cervantes liked La Araucana.

Perú will try their best!

Most of our """""african""""" culture is actually portuguese like pretty much all our cuisine and carnaval and shit, all africans did here was build favelas and beat on drums occasionally.

Does Peru have any African influence?

>San Martin
Do you realize the vast majority of Argies specially those who can type in English have no connections with the country before 1930/1940, if you want to troll Argies dont bring up some colonial times shit

We have some here most of them speak spanenglish a weird mix of english and spanish

Dominican here. Like half of our food is African.

Peru has some on their coast. Not much though.

Oh, the salt.

Of course. Our cuisine, culture and traditions were influenced by them.
They're a really good minority. I never ever meet a negro who wasn't cool and well behaved. They're accustomed to our local banter and multi-etnich marriages are common.

theguardian.com/global-development/2012/jul/12/peru-discrimination-african-peruvians
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro-Peruvian
youtube.com/watch?v=KEUf4XRA-hY

Carnaval is more of a French thing, but slave culture doesn't just involve the blacks but also the owners, traders and how society works around that. Slave culture =/= African culture. It's just without the African factor you don't get the other parts.

Based afro preruvians.

>They're a really good minority.
That's easy to say when your majority is indio

That girl doesn't look African, she looks Amerindian.

Isn't she?

doesn't refute what I said. anglos are still obsessed with race and see everything in terms of race. therefore, they opinions on race are not trustworthy.

yes. Sargento Cabral, a true patriot. One of our most important national hymns is dedicated to him and the san martin's cavalry division.

youtube.com/watch?v=JQo0Yu5iDZg

>doesn't refute what I said. anglos are still obsessed with race and see everything in terms of race. therefore, they opinions on race are not trustworthy.

absolutely true

Meh, it's cool, having an Irish surname means I can be considered white and still be free from white guilt.

>invented by niggers

no mate. it was cultivated by niggers.

habanera playing criollos brought guitar play
blacks cultivated the environment and led many dance clubs that coinedthe prototype tango dance.
buenos airean artists and local whores, both euro and natives performed and made the scene infamous
the saloons eventually evolved and the orquesta típica was coined
slavs and germans later brought the bandoneon

I always thought Tango was an italian Argentine thing

una vela