When an american tourist tries to small talk

>when an american tourist tries to small talk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eJrlezLvWnU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why are Scandis so tsundere

>American tourist comes up to you saying "AY MON WHERE TO GET SOME GANJA."

respect personal space, ok?

lol norway is my favorite place in denmark, have you always lived there?

Why do american tourists talk to me like I am their friend ? Don't they know respect ?

>American tourist asks for directions
>We happen to be going the same way
>He starts a conversation

Wtf

why wouldnt we talk to you?

>brits keep their social interaction in the fridge

I did this all the time on my trip to Jamaica

Please respect our rich cultural traditions :^)

I mean the way you talk. They talk to me like they would talk to a friend. Also really loud

>tfw american asks for directions and I pretend like I didn't hear anything

a stranger is just a friend you havent met yet.

why are europeans so cruel and heartless?

>mfw a swede offers me some authentic somali cuisine

>American asks for directions
>Not only do I give him the wrong directions, I deliberately send him into the areas full of Slavs or Turks

Just trying to be friendly mate, being a foreigner is weird, gotta have some connection.

I can clam up and not enjoy myself or remember I spent money on this trip and enjoy myself, fuck the locals since I will never see them again.

I usually point them in the wrong directions and snicker when they walk past

That's just our custom, Pierre: it's considered normal to be friendly toward strangers in public situations.

I would be more afraid if the guy didn't talk to you in a friendly manner, he is out to to shoot you.

>implying americans vacation in austria
ww2 doesnt count silly kraut

This is so true.
Americans are the fucking worst

There are lots of American tourists. Fortunately I only go to study here. I only do this to Americans though, all other tourists I am nice to.

I will never understand what the problem is with being pleasant and friendly with someone you've just met. In the US, if you are curt and standoffish when first meeting someone, people will just assume that you are a dick and wont want to talk to you anymore.

You could not pay me money to visit any of your countries. I don't plan on visiting your countries and any American who does so is foolish and deserves every bad thing that happens to them.

why are europoors so mean to americans? does success breed jealousy?

>Europeans are so autistic they can't engage in small talk

You ruined Europe.

You are TOO pleaseant
TOO friendly to the point of being creepy
You are too bold and absolutely rude
You are way too loud to the point of being insulting.
The first thing you tell people when you meet them or even ask for directions is that you're American
NOBODY FUCKING CARES it's not like we havent figured that out already from your accent ffs. It just makes people hate you even more

Ah yes, time to enjoy northern swe-

They are impotent in their daily lives, so they try to pick on the citizens of the strongest country to make themselves feel like their dreary little euro lives matter.

I love you

>american tries to make small talk
>have pleasant conversation

wow wtf vros

kill yourself

heng deg

You can tell yourself that all you want.
Or you can grow the fuck up and stop being and denial and work out a way to act like fucking human being. Learn some etiquette you animal. You're on par with fucking Chinks

>*being in denial

This blows my mind, because I have literally never had a negative interaction with a foreigner in real life. When I asked a Frenchman in Paris if he could direct me towards my hotel, he offered to walk me there despite it not being on his way.

What is being too friendly? Whwat is an example you can point to of someone going too far with it?

Northern Swedes are fucking based
Southern Swedes are pathetic numale cucks

its the sami genes.

Oh wait.

Europeans have the worst etiquette of any tourists along with Asians
You are incapable of being friendly

Some heavy implications for a nordic here.

raggare are as close to white trash as you can get

wtf i love sweden now

Those guys aren't representative of northern sweden. Those are just ameriboos. Pic related is more what you'd expect to find up north.

Yeah, every time I go to New Zealand kids point at me and make squinty eye face. Fuck off.

The Maori and Chinese can be really mean sometimes.

>when the Norse can't into social interaction

I mean, you're not wrong, but the world largest american classic car show is also held in Sweden...

Just acting too familiar in general. The problem with Americans is that they treat everyone as if they were they friend. Or as if all their friends were just acquientances. This makes your friendliness lose value and seem extremely disingenuous.

Kek wtf

I think you're just autistic because we do that shit here, too. Every time I have to go to the post office for some reason or I'm in the bus or sitting in a line there'll be at least one old man striking a conversation with me.

An American will generally be friendly, but being friendly is different from being friends. We are like peaches in that we are easygoing at first, but we carry a hard pit in the center that is not so easily penetrated. This can lead to confusion because we are friendly on the surface level which can come across as fakery.

Europeans (and others I suppose) are more like coconuts. They have a hard shell which can make them seem cold and uncaring, but once you punch through they are open and much more likely to form a strong bond.

Thoughts on this analogy?

Americans can't be in the same room as someone without acknowledging them. Even hot girls would say hi and bye if we had to share an elevator

sounds like a BUNCH of CRAP to ME so SHUT the HELL up YANK

>TFW OP is an autist and is too nervous to engage in small talk.

Take your pill autist.

>be me, Canadian
>go to the UK and Europe on vacation
>pose as American
>chitchat about weather and locations

Anyone else here do shit like this?

One more European angray about Americans is one more who likes Canada. The US is pretty much a non-country anyways, I don't see a problem with making them our dumping ground

UH OH! AUTIST ALERT! TAKE YOUR PILL AUTIST! TAKE THOSE PILLS!

Roaring at this post

I think I'm autistic

>Take your pill autist
There's no pill against autism

t. actual autist

I dunno. I've found it pretty easy to befriend southern europeans by just going up and talking to them.

We're honestly just legitimately friendly in general. No sarcasm involved in said small talk.

no, it's the white chads who does that.

Are there any real differences between Americans and Canadians? From my point of view they're pretty much the same.

BASED

Canada culturally is as different from Carolina as Carolina is from Arizona
Canada in all but name is a state of America

Honestly no. Canadians try as hard as possible to differentiate themselves, but to anybody outside North America Canadians and Americans are essentially identical.

This would probably be really fun. I know you guys shittalk your rednecks, but your rednecks look cooler than our rednecks

You ever met a French "person" before? Why would you?

Canadians spell things differently
They have the potential to be from Quebec
I think nova scotia (aside from french accents) is the only place that doesn't share an accent with the US
They also look like pic related

Are you kidding? hlook exactly the same as our rednecks.

>and wont want to talk to you anymore
Sounds like fucking bliss desu

Eastern Canadians are their own thing. Québécois are their own thing. Western Canadians are basically Americans

If we're judging by the way people act on Sup Forums nobody really acts differently from Americans.

I act differently to Americans.

drep deg selv

Why are you so hostile?

I love making foreigners uncomfortable with my brazen American small talk. I always get in really close so they have to take a step back before they respond.

Prove it.

youtube.com/watch?v=eJrlezLvWnU

>when an American missionary want´s to convert you to his crazy Jewish sect for the second time

Oh are you that bitter immigrant who keeps posting anti American bullshit?
Please leave auKEKland and get the fuck out of my country

No, I'm judging by their cultural features and opinions of the people who've been to both countries.

>nobody really acts differently from Americans

We do.

I am foreign, but not an immigrant, and i ain't posted anything anti-yank (yet...)

>I am foreign
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
STOP POSTING UNDER MY FLAG
I DON'T WANT MY NATION TO BE SEEN AS PATHETIC KEKS BECAUSE OF A FOREIGNER POSTING IN MY NATION

Look at the way republican Americans make their arguments versus the way conservative Canadians do.
Americans will go on about muh free speech and rights and the constitution while Canadians will leans towards the effects it has on the community.

>american asks for direction
>he looks scared

>an american comes near me

lol this. Although people from my own country tend to harass me way more than tourists do.

No

stahp

>cute american girl talks to me on the bus
>she can barely understand my accent but persists
>she must really like me
>i imagine our lives together
>mfw she tries to talk to me about the mormon church
Only time a girl spoke to me voluntarily

>An american comes and tries to start some bullshit smalltalk
>Give him the murderlook and like magic he's gone.

Works. Every. Time.

I'm from Texas, if you're not loud you probably have no balls.

>This makes your friendliness lose value and seem extremely disingenuous.
You're paranoid. We treat people how we would like to be treated. We want to make friends everywhere we go. Once you get to know us we're not that bad. We don't bite, we might slap you on the back or elbow you but it's all in good fun.

you must be one ugly motherfucker or fake story because who the fuck goes to finland for vacation.

They think Z is called Zed and their milk comes in a bag. They're our lovable freak brother.

Stuff I hear like this is why I shake my head at people who hate Americans
When you meet them in real life their friendliness and genuine niceness are unreal and give you pure happiness

Look at the way republican Americans make their arguments versus the way conservative Canadians do.
Americans will go on about muh free speech and rights and the constitution while Canadians will leans towards the effects it has on the community.

>Cute Yank girl asks me for directions
>Say i dont know
>but i really do know