What do you think about the feasibility and practicability of Trumps border wall?

What do you think about the feasibility and practicability of Trumps border wall?

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/article/424879/immigration-fighting-last-war-mark-krikorian
npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5485917
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Voted for Trump. This is a stupid idea though. WOn't stop enough illegals to matter therefore it's a waste of money. Money that could be better spent on infrastructure or helping develop things that will improve our lives like self driving cars. Something we could have right now if they get their asses in gear.

trump is my master he can do w/e he wants i dont care

It is a pretty spectacular way to tell everyone else on the planet how fucking done we are with having to deal with other countries' issues though.

Fuck off, loser.

Way too expensive to make a wall that will stop the flood. The man is an absolute clown that's been living in a bubble his entire life.

didnt israel build a wall? just do what they did, you know they only paid like 3 bucks for the whole thing cuz jews

Israel is surrounded by enemies so don't compare.

It won't do shit from stopping a determined person, since most here illegally don't sneak across the border anyway. They just drive right through the check points.

Only cowards hide behind walls. We should be agitating for a domestic race war now, because we're on the wrong side of demographic trends and it will be too late in another generation or two.

Too late for what

If all our internal problems were solved I'd agree but this is low on the list of things that should be funded

>Israel doesn't want jihadis inside its' borders
>Builds a wall
>"They don't count because they're surrounded by enemies"

>America doesn't want a potential source of jihadis, or the ton of problems that come with a neighboring country's entire population hopping your borders illegally
>Decides to build a wall
>"HURR DURR DAT'S RACIS, THE MEXICANS HAVE TERRIBLE LIVES AND DESERVE BETTER WAH"

Maybe if they'd stay in their own country and actually fix it instead of couch surfing on an international level, it wouldn't have gotten to a point where a large enough portion of Americans were willing to actually do something like this.

If we were to shut down a bit and quit helping everyone else at the same time we were trying to fix said internal issues, we might be able to actually fix them, and then be able to actually help whoever else needs it.

You wouldn't ask a man with broken legs to carry you to the hospital, would you?

To win. Over half the military are niggers and spics already. It's only a matter of time before they take over all the elected offices.

I think there's a good chance that some VERSION of the wall will be built, but I don't think it'll be anywhere near the "big, beautiful wall" that Trump campaigned on. Oh, and Americans will definitely pay for it.

>Only cowards hide behind walls.
you're an idiot

Let's be honest: it'll be a shitty fucking fence spics will laugh at while doing triple backflip vaults over it shitting out beans all the way to your home landing with a 10/10 perfect pogo dick finisher right inside your mum's pussy.
All paid by you, by the way.

Then whoever is the next miserable son of a bitch """"elected""" by the """american""" """people""" will have to spend even more of your money to dismantle that stupid shit and it'll be remembered as one of the biggest waste of taxpayers money in """american""" """history""".

I know you guys are trying really hard to make it somehow viable, but you can't run a nation on shitposting rare pepes all day and calling people names on the internet.

Better an idiot than a scared little bitch

Better alive than being raped to death by invaders.

I never said they don't count but it's a completely different scenario so the comparison is bullshit and I don't think we can afford a wall good enough to keep Mexicans out. I don't think it's racist to try and rid a country of illegal immigrants and stop more coming it.

No offence but the US is a tiny bit larger than little 20,770 kmĀ² Israel.

Problem solved.

Liberal or not If you liked the Idea of billion dollars wall you're retarded we all know mexicans have been using Tunnels Boats planes, a wall is a waste of money and fuck me that would be the only campaing promise that if trump didn't make it happen i wouldn't give 2 fucks about it the other promises on the other hand...

There are people outside your country that you do not want inside your country, but who want to get inside your country. You build a wall to stop them from doing so.

The base concept is the exact same thing, only thing different is the details, and they're still somewhat similar.

Additionally, the building of such a tremendous monument has the possibility of kicking our economy up a notch for a while, provided actual American citizens get off their asses to build the thing instead of leaving the illegals they're trying to keep out to do it because the contractors can't find anyone else.

yep it would be a great statement if we stopped dealing with other countries problems which we didn't, so far all have been the same on that regard.

Have you ever even met a fucking mexican? The genetically fit ones stay home and rule the country, we get the four foot tall mental rejects. To be afraid of them is beyond pathetic. If one shows up in the night to rape your wife, give him a twenty and he'll mow your lawn instead

It's nonproductive capital, moron. If we put the same into heavy industry or transportation infrastructure it would pay back the investment exponentially more than a stupid symbolic wall. Very few illegals walk across the border, it's just a symbol of cowardice

Why not sink Mexico instead?

it can totally be built but its honestly a retarded idea to begin with

Trump is a con artist and clueless. His wall is stupid and a populist ploy for attention.

>There are people outside your country that you do not want inside your country, but who want to get inside your country. You build a wall to stop them from doing so.
Which would be a hell of an idea if airplanes weren't a fucking thing.

>Very few illegals walk across the border
Uhh wut

I think the wall is a retarded idea, but this is false.

RE: Feasibility

It's not a question of CAN a wall be built, but how much are you willing to pay for it in either a) reduced services, b) increased taxes or c) increased

RE: Practicality

Any system you design will inherently have loopholes or design flaws as no one can predict any and all potential workarounds.

The wall, really, only buys you time as someone (i.e. the drug cartels) will figure out a way around it.

c) increased debt

It wouldn't even be able to be completed during his faux presidency. An actual wal would take more than 30 billion dollars and 15+ years to complete. If he wanted a fenceline it'd take around 8 years not counting megastructures usually never meet their time projections, having to steal land from their rightful American owners, and the challenges of building through mountain ranges, deserts, and rivers. Cheetomans wall is complete bullshit.

Not to be a complete asshat, but shouldnt every american want that wall built? Assuming that overpopulation as a global problem will render that wall the only thing between you and your domesticated mexicans and the jungle?

Do you /really/ think that would work? I mean, you're obviously talking out of your ass, but just in case you weren't...

1: it's not entirely about the common illegal immigrant. The problem comes when you realize that the same methods that the illegals use to get over are the same kinds of things that the Mexican Cartels use to smuggle drugs and weapons in and out of the country, which is a lot more detrimental. If you hamper the Illegals, you hamper the cartels.

2: If those "four foot tall mental rejects" are smart enough to work a field, let alone literally any technology created by humanity, they are more than capable enough to smuggle weapons OUT of America and go fix Mexico.

Instead, they come here, and decide to stay, with many causing shit tons of problems for our already overstressed justice system and the people in the border states.

Is there anythiing known about what companies will get the contracts?

That money flow is the most interesting aspect.

Making a huge wall to stop people coming in.
> Worked for Rome
> Worked for China
> Worked for France
> Worked for Germany
> Worked for Germanyx2
> Worked for England
> Worked for Russia.
It will NEVER work! despite the fact America is the richest, most advanced nation on the face of the Earth, American could NEVER ever pull off something nations pre-electricity could do 2000+ years ago.... never, you dumb ass fucking stupid goyim!

Maybe if you realized most of scientific exploration, research, and advanced technologies were done BY IMMIGRANTS you wouldn't be so fucking retarded holy shit!

>practicability
You mean practicality?

all those immagrants were WHITE

that's the difference

will probably funnel it through his cabinet

All before commercial airplane travel were such a big thing you delusional faggot.
Also
>despite the fact America is the richest, most advanced nation on the face of the Earth
All of my fucking kek, you may have it.

I like how they are white only when its convenient to you dumb chimps.

>praticability
>You mean practicality?
You mean proctologically?

I think it's pretty fucking obvious we need a wall to strengthen a border. For fucks sake that's what a border should be. If we don't have a wall we're basically putting up a sign that says "come on in!"

Did anyone bother checking who has what investments in construction there?

All im thinking is why not ride the train and invest in the respective stocks of the companies that will get the massive contracts.

Lock him up! Lock him up!

What an evil man for trying to help American.

>immagrants

Fucking kek holy shit ok Texas Ranger you're definitely saving America with racism. Can you and all the people like you just move somewhere? Or die, dying works too. People like you just don't deserve a spot in the World. Racism, (insert any minority group)phobic, and unintelligent. I bet you also agree with the continuation of our entire fuel system being based on a finite resource. Fuck solar, fuck thalium, fuck hydroelectric, DRILL MORE BURN MORE FUCK THE PLANET WOOOOOOOO.

He is trying to help himself, and no one else. You don't see it because you chose not to.

>ha, thought you had me? well someone who isn't you said something else. checkmate bigots
literally get gassed.

Why can't we just abandon all politics and elect Sportacus, the world's most kindhearted authoritarian extremist?

>"If elected I will abolish all laws and instead the way things will work is if anyone is ever in trouble I will come save their ass"
>beebeebeep
>beebeebeep
>"Someone is in trouble"
>Deet da deet deet deet deet DEEE badeebadeet deet deebadadeeet
>man fall from sky
>he stop the terrorist
>"don't use bombs okay, they are bad for you"
>Denh denh DENH
>he climbs back up into airship
>daa daa daa DENNH

>voting for hilldawg
>says this dumb shit
lmao, oh you libshits.

Majority of illegals now enter legally and overstay their visas, in large part because border security is already good enough.

nationalreview.com/article/424879/immigration-fighting-last-war-mark-krikorian

It would be an ecological catastrophe.
Most of the border that isn't already fenced is a wildlife preserve. It would have complex detrimental and lasting consequences. It wouldn't accomplish anything of value and would harm everything involved(literally the entire planet)
I do support his trade policy, just not his domestic policy that goes with it. Basically he wants Mexican and American workers to trade places, Mexican workers were not leaving Mexico in mass because of how great their jobs were.

Anything that gives gives Americans decent pay and jobs isn't nonproductive.

I will not claim that that's how it will go down however, because I don't rightly know. All I said is that it carries the possibility.

Additionally, it's no less a symbol of cowardice than any other security structure built by man. People don't like it when other people fuck with their stuff, which is why we lock it up to protect it. Plain and simple.

Good damn thing we have all these nifty missiles to shoot them down with.

>Good damn thing we have all these nifty missiles to shoot them down with.
Now you want to shoot down commercial planes? Man, good thing nothing you do will ever have an effect on the world.

Go on, build it. Don't forget to buy mexican cement(CEMEX) heck we will even built it, charge you for it...and keep crossing it you dumbfucks

This train of though is why the US is no longer the best country in the world, you are loosing all moral authorithy, and more countries will ditch your ass.

Fuck sake, built a wall and continue to live with amazon and walmart products? Hehehe good luck chumbs

Most people I know have the general expectation that, since they respect others, so should they be respected. Since this idea has not be reciprocated as of late (past twenty years or so), the Wall is basically a way of saying that we want people to take off their freaking shoes before walking all over the carpet.
It forcefully removes the idea that it is "okay" to just jump the immigration line and start sleeping in our living room.

>Anything that gives gives Americans decent pay and jobs isn't nonproductive.

In that case the government should pay people to dig holes and another group of people to fill in those holes. People will have jobs and decent pay since its a government job.

I don't care if it was by immigrants. These are not the same people. They do not explore the world, do advanced research, or anything of the sort (except perhaps a couple isolated cases. These people cross into another country's borders illegally, and bring with them trouble.

Also, nice bait, you made me respond to your tumblrina-teir garbage.

the fesability is spot on i think, what ever it costs now to built will be repaid atleast double by the ammount of caplital that is being brought in to the average amarican who can now get a decent job because there isnt an overabundance of cheap taco bender labor.

the practicality has two sides i think. who practical is it in a physical sence? well its another absitcal, a big one that'll be hard to get around without being spotting. just from that right there illegal imigration will drop, and from the tighter boarder policies, illegal imigration will drop even more. however will the wall stop it? no, not at all, people will always find a way around if they have enough willpower.

as for practicality on a psycological sence, i think it'll have an even greater impact. durring osama obama's administration, the boarders where wide open- come one come all- and people where more confident about making the illegal crossing because of the lassitude in the system towards the who issue. psycologicaly this says "come give it a shot, your probably not gonna get busted anyway, its open season".

now that the walls going up, boarder security is tightening, and trump is making it plain that we're not putting up with this bullshit anymore. what psycological message dose that send? "we're not fucking around anymore, we dont want you, and we wont take you.". people will be less inclined to try if their chance of getting busted is high, unless their truly desperate.

The whole ideal of Israel is a shame. They stole Palestinian land with our help

Well a good portion of the border is the rio grande it self , so putting a wall on our side is essentially giving Mexico the river , which is half ours, not to mention cutting of the river to farmers, people needing the river for day to day life , wildlife, and tourists , plus cutting off wildlife migration both ways

Only Mexico will benefit from it. It's best workers will be forced to fix their own country. Less drug trade means less killing, in theory.

Dis

Hey man, if was confirmed that a second incident like 9/11 was going to happen, you can bet your ass that plane would get shot down to protect all the people it was about to ram into and kill.

Think with your brain, not your feelings.
Except that that obviously doesn't work. The way we've been told it's to be done by hitting Mexican exports to America with tariffs. They either pay the tariffs to sell inside America, or they try to find another buyer who will actually consume as much as we do. I don't think that's very likely, but I don't know for sure.

With that in mind, if the Mexicans are paying all those taxes, the wall gets built, and Americans get the money. If they take their business elsewhere, their economy suffers, and America still builds something on the border. They pay in one way or another.

>They do not explore the world, do advanced research, or anything of the sort (except perhaps a couple isolated cases.
you just described races in general

it's useless and too expensive.

go after illegal employers and most illegal immigration will halt

I actually described humanity in general. I don't give a fuck about what race you are, if you're being a problem, you're being a problem.

found the berniefag
what's the alternative to a free market huh
it's a slave market
i thought you libcucks were suppoed to be againsgt slaverbt

literally no chance it will ever happen
Every senator and member of congress along the border is opposed to it -- Dem and GOP.
Deficit hawks dont want to pay for it
Democrats dont want to pay for it
Even if it got approved you'd have a decade of eminent domain lawsuits for the hundreds of American landowners living on the border who dont want their land to be confiscated by the feds -- lasting long after Trump's presidency is over.

tl;dr -- wall was always a lie and people were stupid to believe it would happen

no such thing as a free market
you're just spewing dumb shit you heard on FOX news

Mexicans will raise the prices. The American consumer will up paying more. So really the American consumer is paying for the wall. Remittances won't work either. It will be Mexicans working in the US who will be paying so really is US dollars paying for the wall. The Mexican Government won't end up paying for the wall as Trump promised.

There's a few places where it won't work. But most places it will.
It's a better idea than doing nothing, that's for sure.

this

also, after all that bullshit is settled, how long would it take to survey and soil test over 1400 miles of land? it's too freaken expensive.

punish illegal employers and most illegal immigration will cease

kek. you think mexico controls USA. you're a retard. :)

So be it. As far as I'm concerned, the wall is secondary to why I voted for the stupid fucker anyway. He already kept Clinton out of office, and that's good enough for me. Everything else is just cherries on top.

How did you interpret that from what I said?

>Mexicans will raise the prices. The American consumer will up paying more.

Totally feasable. China built that huge fucker ages ago. Get them to do your one. Practical?
Not as practical as calling open season on anyone spotted crossing the border.

>Not as practical as calling open season on anyone spotted crossing the border.

or open season on anyone hiring illegals

oh yeah? racist!!! see:

>All before commercial airplane travel were such a big thing.
You know that only proves his point further, right?
A wall would accomplish jack shit, it's even easier to book a flight to anywhere in the US and just say there...

But that's what will happen when any country raises import tax. That in no way implies Mexico has control over the US. The US raises imports Mexico raises prices.

nope, dope. try again.

Considering a shitload of illegals come over on legal visas and then overstay them it's a retarded idea.

npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5485917

No sense in trying to make a blue collar hillbilly like you understand anything. Loudmouths like you never listen. It's like being on Sup Forums.

I mean.. most illegal aliens don't originate from Mexico. They typically come from places further south than that. Mexico just looks the other way while the line of people charge across the desert and into the US

>America is the richest, most advanced nation on the face of the Earth

Holy shit I found the retard. What a spectacularly incorrect statement to make. Fucking speng

ad hominem. you lose. :)

Let me see your list of countries with a GDP over 18 trillion, with an active space program, and the world's leading research facilities.

It's not distributed well, and the population isn't the most brilliant, but there's nothing wrong with that statement.

I enjoy that at this point this is all conservaturds have.

"B-but Hillary"

He's an awful shit president and it took under 100 days to prove it but keep bringing that one up.

>France existed 2000+ years ago
>Germany existed 2000+ years ago
>Germanyx2 existed 2000+ years ago
>England existed 2000+ years ago
>Russia existed 2000+ years ago

kek

>you dumb ass fucking stupid goyim!

Jew detected. Your use of the Jewish "language" is a dead give away. I'll admit you were pretty clever attempting to use English (the only language one needs anyway, aside from like computer languages and maths), but you stopped concentrating for one half of a split fucking second, and thus let your dirty little secret slip. I hope this will be a huge learning experience for you. Also, just stick with speaking English only from now on. Seriously, how is this not a law everywhere?

Trump wall is a good gag. If it goes hand in hand with a stronger border it'll be worth the expense.

>No sense in trying to make a blue collar hillbilly like you understand anything

I understand shit just fine. Just because I'm from TN, and work a blue collar job doesn't automatically mean I'm the sort of trash that frequents Sup Forums.