Sup b

sup b
if you had to base your career off what you did/liked/didn't like when you were 6 years old, what would your career be now?

bonus: what do you do now?

>me, 6 years old
>obsessed with dinosaurs to an autistic level
>memorized the names of dozens of them, convinced myself at 4 that i could read their names because i could say them in the order they appeared in a book i had
>also obsessed with bugs and animals in general
>outcome: paleontologist or biologist (probably specializing in bugs)
>current career path: fixing airplane electronics

i like this thread

thanks bud how about 6 year old you?

6 is a funny age, you're starting to learn some stuff in school, so you're not a total retard, but you're also 6, so you're 99% retard

Good thread.

thanks bud what were you like at 6

>be me
>mad about cars
>totally butt raving fucking ape shit bananas about cars
>read all the books and knew my top trumps sets by hard
>only kid in elementary that knew a veyron had a quad turbo w16 with 1001 (or 1007 depending on who you ask)
>also knew that it was faster from 0-60 then an SLR with it's plebean drive train
>this bad.jpg

Should've become:
I don't know a dude that does things to cars

Am now:
Unemployed ex shitty store manager ex it guy in school ex ISP technician ex professional cleaner.

But hey, in 2 weeks I'll start working as a private driver to a coke fiend for a few months, it's not all bad

bud maybe you should become a mechanic if the coke head gets shot

full blown autistic for tractors, cranes, shovel trucks and other construction machines. i could sit and stare at a digging machine for hours. i was autistic for dinosaurs like you and could name most of them. i had a thing for space shuttles too. my father mistakenly thought i should become an architect because of that? very shitty idea in retrospect. i am currently doing applied earth sciences (includes mining and petroleum engineering) so that comes close to the things i liked as a kid i guess. i think it is a shame my parents didn't help me develop anything from me liking certain things such as going to a space exhitbit or watching a construction site. i don't have any passion now and choose my major completely based on the income prospect. i sometimes feel like a husk and having lost my personality (/self) but i guess just my imagination.

>6yo
>Martial arts fan
>Love the old chinese movies
>Crazy about making my own style.

> Martial art instructor probably Kung fu a soft Style like baghuazang.

Currently studying law and practicing wing Tsun Kung fu.

I have a bias against people doing law and feel like will dislike most of them doing it.

loved to read books and encyclopedias. loved sci-fi. painfull to think how my youth turned so sour during primary and secondary school. so goddamn painful.

At 6 I loved trains. Had beast train sets.

I am now a Train Driver. Not for the love but for the money baby.

Choo choo motherfuckers.

you union bastard

At 6 I loved trains. Had beast train sets.

I am now a Train Driver. Not for the love but for the money baby.

I hope that shit gets automated soon.

Probably astronomer. Instead I got into theoretical linguistics.

You are not so wrong user, most of the skills that make you good at law make you a shallow or a little assholish. I hate the snob vives some of my classmates have.

I just started really training Kung fu 2 years ago and its my real passion, i like law but the environment doesnt develop you as a person. In Kung fu is the other way the more you put effort into it the more you end up developing your character.

Me too, then I'll get to do fuck all but sit there and look out the window to an even greater extent.

>i think it is a shame my parents didn't help me develop anything from me liking certain things such as going to a space exhitbit or watching a construction site. i don't have any passion now and choose my major completely based on the income prospect. i sometimes feel like a husk and having lost my personality (/self) but i guess just my imagination.
Sounds like most of us.

i hear ya, i love planes but animals are my real love i think

if you find yourself hating your job maybe you know what would make you happy

I would probably be an astrophysicist, a video game dev or a pyrotechnician

A&P here, wats up m8

747 #1 engine hit a food truck yesterday

> lel

> wanted to be a pilot
> too expensive
> became a airplane mechanic
> tell pilots and flight attendants what to do
> feels good

>theoretical linguistics
Is that field even well-defined enough to be meaningful?

that's cool that you know what you love. the magic has gone for me though. i don't feel it and have not felt it for a long time. maybe it is clouded by the stresses of adult life. i want to be open for the opportunity to find something i love and i actively try to find it, but i have not much hope for it.

Sounds to me like he made a big mistake, but maybe I am wrong.

haha oh fuck

engine running? fod inside?

who was at fault?

>me, 6 yr old
>obsessed with dinosaurs to an autistic level
>obsessed with dinosaurs to an autistic
>obssesed with dinosours autistic
>obssesed with D autistic
>obssesed with autistic D
>wants my autistic D
>peado confirmed

I'll bet you the bastard won't get shot he's one of those businessmen coke fiends who can somehow financially support their female and powdered habbit

Astronaut, and im probably not alone on this one

yea it was at idle as it was pullin into the gate

> food truck was parked in the safety zone
> pilot didnt notice and kept going
> Marshaller and wing walkers didnt notice and kept marshalling/wingwalking

Everyone and no one was at fault, the airline in question owns the food truck company so its its own fault.

Flight got cancelled, since im contract maintenance i just took pictures and send em back to maintenance control, they are sending mechanics to asses the damage, its gonna need a whole new inlet and new fan blades plus a borescope inspection to determine core damage(if its bad gonna new new engine)(and a new food truck).

pic related

I grew out of dinosaurs and moved on to entomology by 5.
To answer your question I would be a marine biologist
>bonus
I'm a marine biologist researching behavioral ecology and evolution

I'd probably be a paleontologist too.

Righg now i'm finishing school and will probably study psychology

>loved dinosaurs/paleontology
>probably similar to how you were
>about to graduate with a BS in geology with an emphasis in paleontology
Huh...

shit, pretty good hit

i hope there's no fod inside for the mechanic's sake

>loved constrution eqipment as a kid