Thinking Man's Sport

Which sport requires the most thought in order to appreciate, as a viewer?

Pic unrelated. But I think it's football. The kind where the players move like chess.

Football is the most complex but it's mostly scripted and handled by the staff.

There isn't much read/react outside the QB position

So for the viewers, you'd agree that it is the most intellectual sport.

Definitely Cricket.

Only those with high IQ's are able to comprehend it.

Only T20 cricket

basketball.
superior athleticism that locks out manlets and you need to know your plays and think on the fly

>tfw to intelligent for sports

>to
Get out dummy

I said "for viewers"

What after a receiver after the catch or a running back trying to find a gap to run through, that's all instinct

Baseball

>tfw to intelligent too drive in a circle

Baseball, without a doubt

Literally the king of sports, and the thinking man's game. Chess on the field.

How?

> Guy throws well or doesnt
> Guy bats well or doesn't
> Guu catches or doesn't

Rinse repeat for 9+ innings

Yeah go talk sabermetrics to anyone over the age of 40. See how well that goes for you

advanced analytics.

If you are a true patrician, you score the game with a score card as well.

none, it's a brainless form of entertainment

if I had to pick one it's either baseball or cricket

football and basketball is appreciated for the athletic freaks, soccer more for skill and fluidity, hockey is for faggots who just like watching chaos

baseball and cricket are harder to appreciate unless you know more of the nuances of the game, if you don't then you'd undoubtedly find them extremely boring

You could trivialize every single sport under that argument, dipshit.
But in baseball, there's a lot more to it for every situation. I many men on base, hoe many outs, what inning, who's pitching, who's batting, hell even if its night or day has an influence over whether he will most likely hit the ball or not.

good thing there are no 40+ year olds on Sup Forums.

Could you imagine how pathetic that would be?

hahahahaha.

yea...

Football. It there is no contest.

>soccer btfo
>basketball btfo
>baseball btfo
>hockey btfo
>rugby btfo
>golf btfo
>nascar btfo
>esports btfo

Football fag found..

>TFW Baseball is beating football as most popular American Sport in 2016

You retards are aware chess is a sport right

You can play chess literally by talking. It's not a sport.

curling

Baseball retards ACTUALLY believe that because the World Series had more viewers than a Monday Night Football game that the sport is more popular.

Literal pottery

Baseball and it's not close.

>DUDE ITS SO BORING IM NOT WATCHING THAT BOREBALL HAHA

good. less fucking casuals.

Test cricket is more than a game, it's a war. Anyone who doesn't agree is simply too ignorant to see the truth.

Baseball by far.

INDIA LOL

As a football viewer you don't have a god damn clue what's really going on. The camera doesn't even show half the action and you aren't privy to what the coaches are thinking or saying.

I don't watch it myself, but I imagine Nascar would be better in this aspect because you actually get to hear what the conversations are.

Baseball with football as a moderately close second.

>all these brainlets trying to rationalize their shitty sport as being "intellectual"

India generally prefers T20 cricket, which is a meme format. Test cricket is the only sport that can be considered patrician.

Test cricket is the only sport that you can make an argument for.

chess

Either Gridiron or Boxing/MMA desu

>people still falling for this bait

That's if they make the catch. Football is entirely about analysis from beginning to end, the quarterback and offensive line reading the defense, the defensive line and secondary reading the quarterback. The wide receiver reading the secondary, ect. The only position that really doesn't have to think is the running back but he has to have discipline since they have to be aware of their running position at all times, else they run out of bounds

No sport takes advanced mental skills, lot of pro athletes are dumb as fuck

Athletes of all these 3 sports have faced several head traumatism, I doubt they are very sharp

Test cricket
Test rugby