ITT: Vinyl Cringe

ITT: Vinyl Cringe

>Guardians of the Galaxy Vinyl
Tremendous

>Zac Brown Band
>Guardians of the Galaxy
Hoo boy

Also, anyone know the album on the top left?

there's like 2 good things there I know and their both Kendrick

>good
no

Only by the night from Kings of Leon

Pretty sure it's a Kings of Leon album

>suitcase record player
not even a chance

>Crosley

This is the real cringe

>I'm a vinyl connoisseur
>owns a Crosley

Thanks

AND IT'S COMING CLOSEEER

anything "greatest hits" is cringe

Some bands really only work with greatest hits comps

then the band is just shitty

if you liked a writer that had like 10 novels theres no way in hell you would read a "greatest hits" by that writer that was just the best chapters from their different novels

its stupid

sorry i dont mean to come across as a pretentious dick head, i just have a hard time thinking about it any other way

i basically always listen to albums from start to finish, though i mostly listen to prog if that explains my thought process. figured doing it any other way was just my friends being normies but in the same novel kind of comparison, i wouldnt start a book 4 chapters in and then go from there; an album to me typically tells a story or tries to convey a feeling and there is a reason the band put those songs on that album. know what im saying?

im a little drunk and trying to get my point across but also trying to keep an open mind on the matter; just havent found a view point that changes my mind yet

that's a nice carpet

that filter hurts

I getchu but not all artists really work towards an 'album as an important cohesive whole" goal. Talking Heads, for example, works better in a greatest hits situation because they certainly have patchy album tracks

I see what you're getting at
yet, some albums aren't written like that
some of the greatest albums out there are literally just a collection of songs written in a certain period of time
Those are bound to contain fillers, or lesser songs
Especially bands/artists that are highly productive

>tumblr: the picture

there are a few "greatest hits" comps that are actually kinda good for casual listening, see
>New Order - Substance
>Bauhaus - 1979-1983
>Depeche Mode - Singles '86-'98
>David Bowie - Legacy

It's not for true music listening, like I said, very casual listening just to have like a taste of what the author "offers"

take the "writer" example, he releases poems in several poem books, he gathers acclaim from his books, so he decides to publish a compilatory book of his "best" poems just so that the consumer can read the poems that are most acclaimed either critically or comercially, then the consumer forms an opinion of his own and then decides wether to dig into that.
Or, the consumer already knows his works, but he decides to buy that book in order to have his "best" works in a single compilatory book as collection means, etc

i hate that i bought this

What's the cheapest good record player I can get that isn't a crosley?

An antique store