Why are people so ignorant Sup Forums?

Why are people so ignorant Sup Forums?

There are so many ill informed, sheep running around it makes my head spin. Just in general terms of education around the world, people are fucking stupid. All people, doesn't matter what color you are, doesn't matter your religion, just in general non-biased terms, the vast majority public is ignorant.

We take whatever information is fed to us through media, news, etc. in any form and run with it. No one researches things anymore, there can't be a discussion, everything is either right or wrong with nothing in between and that's just not how things should or do work.

You can have a healthy interest in more than just your specific set of ideals. There are all these people protesting and fighting, social media is a fucking minefield of angry dissidents from every side complaining about how they're right and you're wrong and never backing any of it up. You can have the most disgusting, racist, bigoted, backwater fucking views in the world, and I'll respect every bit of it if you've researched all alternatives and still come to that conclusion. It doesn't matter if I think you're wrong or disagree, that's what a fucking discussion is. Pointing fingers and screaming incoherently seems to be the norm in place of reason and intelligent conversation.

My opinions aren't intrinsically superior to that of someone with a wildly different view, but if you don't take the time to research and explore the implications of all options or even just direct opposition to your own world view, then how is anyone to glean something useful from you?

We somehow transitioned from a collective spirit of exploration and new thought to dumb stumps that can't see past whatever shocking thing has been forcibly pushed onto their screen. We've become complacent. People are simply happy to let someone else figure out what to do while they sip their goddamn unicorn frappuccino and think about nothing. It's almost like we just turned of our brains.

>the human race is impossible to understand when you attribute to others the intelligence of your own thinking

Look how dumb the average person is and realizes 50% are dumber than that.

Also around the 1970s people stopped being people and started becoming television scripts

Now starting in the 00s people stopped being television scripts and started becoming internet ads (though there's still more television scripts out there than internet ads, but give it a couple years)

check out a movie called Network (made in 76) not The Network (2013). it's amazing yet horrifying

>Why are people so ignorant Sup Forums?
>no comma between clauses

dunno, onan -- why ARE you a dumb fuck?

>Is Socially awkward
>Nobody wants to be around you
>Its everybody else's fault but me

Go back to R9k faggots

ive found that its mainly people are so self righteous and think theyre better so they choose to be ignorant. you get perfect example of it when working retail. like i repair pcs for a living, so i have a general idea what im talking about, especially in the case of a failed hair drive, yet this dude decided to shout throughout the store saying that were wrong that cant be it and he wants his shit fixed. instead of listening to us and coming up with a solution he acted like a bitch when we tried to explain it. so yea, ignorance more than stupidity

see filename

idk man this seems like a massive logically fallacy to completely try to sidestep a valid point.

I never made claims to be smart of socially acceptable, etc. I'm not even making claims to be better than people I criticize. In replying this way you've nearly proven the point against your own fucking post. There is no such thing as discussion anymore. People see what they want to see and nothing else. If it doesn't fit into their singular view of the world then it can't be true.

There isn't room for thought anymore. We're so blinded by instant gratification that everything must be handed to us in the simplest and quickest manner that anything challenging that idea is immediately false.

Cognitive Dissidence is a very real thing and seems to be the point that governs everything now. If it doesn't fit the bill of you're perception of belief, then it must be false.

>Your different opinion proves that mine is right
>Everybody doesn't want to entertain different opinions
ITT Irony and misspellings of dissonance

lack of critical thinking and philosophy classes
being ignorant isnt the problem we're all ignorants to many subjects but you can't say this to a normie because they won't understand

How hypocritical are we to sit there and complain that the world isn't how it should be, then turn around and do nothing about it? If you want things to change you have to motivate yourself to make that change. Regardless of what the issue is, if you do nothing you are by default not part of anything!

We need to inspire future generations to want to learn again. There are people who graduated with me that can't even fucking read. That fact blows my mind!

You can't just boycott a company and call yourself an activist. You say you don't support big business so you dont drink say Starbucks? That's all well and good, but you still shop at Walmart, you still bought a vehicle and put gas in said vehicle. You are still supporting, in so many ways, the big bad business you claim to hate. One small stance of defiance does not make you a revolutionary.

The loudest voice in a room full of screaming people unfortunately seems to represent the entire room, and right now the loudest voice is the most extreme.

We can't just be content to learn only one view of things then make that our foundation for the rest of our lives. Our perceptions and views on things should always be open to change or we can never progress past our own shortsighted view of things. And that's not to say that you should automatically change your view if new evidence to the contrary is presented. You have to have a healthy understanding of the world around you. You can hold personal beliefs and still learn about how others think. There is value in the views on all sides because not only does it better equip your understanding of your own ideals, but it gives you a differing perspective on how others view the world.

Individuals don't have power, but money does.
If you're really so sick how bout you take your own advice, stop bitching on Sup Forums, go get rich, and use that capital to make the "Change" you get such a hardon over.

fuck you im not reading all of that

I never said it proved me right, I said it defies your logic in the sense of ideological discussion. You can't retort with some confrontational bullshit and expect me to accept that. That isn't a view, ideal, opinion, or anything of value. It brings nothing to the table.

Someone coming in and talking about how I'm socially awkward or otherwise is completely off-base from the topic at hand. It serves no purpose. It doesn't further anything worthwhile. But I'm entirely o[pen to the discussion of why I'm wrong, why the things I say are nonsense or give the overwhelming idea that I'm some basement dwelling nerd with no life. That's the entire point of what I'm saying! Learn something new through discussion of things you disagree with! State your opinions, tell people why you believe a certain way. If you do the research and take the time to know what the fuck it is you're talking about, then the things you say would have so much more value.

Exactly, individuals don't have the power to change anything. That's why we need more of a focus on making sure people understand things in a more collective sense rather than whatever the new bullshit product or inflated news story is selling them. People don't have the initiative to do anything anymore.

I'm not so much bitching as I just write in an angry way.

FUCK OFF YOU ARE NOT FIT TO LIVE.

>actually trying to argue with an obvious troll
You realize every word you just typed was a victory for said troll?

i love this quote as it makes no assumptions of intelligence.

If you're dumb and think people are as dumb as you, you're gunna have problems

If you're smart and think people are as smart as you, you're gunna have problems

If you're average and think people are as mundane as you, you're gunna have problems.

>We're not equal, get over it.

NETWORK!!!
Great movie left a lasting impression.
>>dubs

Just the way it is and will continue to be. Do whatever it is you want to do because all else is just so... not even sure what is. Life has come down to doing whatever you want. Fuck all else. Especially about spending time thinking about all that you just typed. You're just as ignorant so who gives a fuck.

the nihilist is always the smartest goy.

Sarcasm? Genuinely curious. Never considered myself a nihilist, but I do view the workd as I had just said. Doesnt much matter what you think or do. Shit just continues to pile so you can either add to it or walk away. Still doesn't matter. Just do what you want.

We aren't equal and that's exactly why we should try to better understand ourselves and each other. If I don't ever take the time to understand the counterpoint to an idea I believe in, how am I ever supposed to say that I'm right and they're wrong? The point here is that we should be focused on further our own point of view blindly, we should further it in spite of what we believe is wrong.

If scientists just published papers straight to textbooks, we'd never know anything, or we'd have such a skewed understanding that we wouldn't accomplish anything. Facts are derivative of the conflicts that led to their conclusions. You don't get theory from already knowing everything, you structure it based on the truths you find evident in the study of all available options and the same can be applied to many things, including discussion of ideals.

Just because someone disagrees doesn't mean the first response should be negative or confrontational, it should be an opportunity to learn a new perspective you didn't previously know. That doesn't mean your original idea was wrong, it just means someone challenged it and you should learn how to back up our own beliefs.

I like Op. But it's pointless my man. Nonody cares. Drop the charade, start writing a manifesto, and go kill people because thats how everyone will see you. OH WELL FAGGOT

Op you make the assumption that the mass majority of people are sheep. However, I can say that you haven't talked to every one of these "sheep", but I will say I agree with this assumption... but again it is an assumption. Find people that are more inclined to use critical thinking skills. You'll never know if you don't communicate with other individuals. Only then will you find if these individuals are actually intellectuals.

>People see what they want to see and nothing else.
no shit, faggot

what did you think the product of society reared to be creativity-devoid automatons would end up like--when the dawn of A.I. arrived--intellectual? utopic?... or dystopic?

>do
>the
>fucking
>math

The exact same thing applies though. We live such finite short lives in the overall span of things, why shouldn't we be driven to aspire to make the best of what time we do have?

Dumb shit happens because we allow dumb shit to happen. That doesn't mean dumb shit is going to stop happening, but it does mean, at least to me, that we should value our existence in a way that we want to better ourselves for the experience. Why continue to do dumb shit? I mean yes the argument stands that if nothing matters, then why try. However that in and of itself is a view. You have the power to change that view for whatever it matters, and why not take the opportunity to learn new things, experience the world around you in a different way.

People aren't curious anymore. They're content to do just what you said and do whatever they want without caring about anything around them.

I don't know, just my personal philosophy is that there is a big endless expanse of possibility out there and I'd like to know as much about it as possible in the time I have

But why are we content to limit ourselves to that? Why is everyone just so ok simply being and not doing?

We wouldn't even have a society if not for people doing exactly what I've said and learning, discussing, challenging ideas and backing up those assumptions.

I guess what I'm not understanding is the attitude of, "I don't care".

It's because people don't want to better themselves, value honesty, or want to try something that seems out of their reach. Now everybody just want to be happy, not even making others happy. Everyone thinks that all opinions are different and should be respected.
The more infuriating thing is that we teach children that they are special but also equal, when the reality is that a very small number of people is special in a positive way and that not all of us are equal in many cases.
Something that I see everyday is that people hide their opinions, even in groups that can't cause then big problems. Normal people can't separate quality from personal taste (you can like something and know that it has poorly quality), so you see a lot of people defending a poorly made work and ignoring a master piece because they can't try to critic something without having a mental meltdown or not having a good time.
In short, people don't want to think because thinking is hard. We can see it in Brave New World, where people are like children and use sex or drug to distract themselves.

Knowledge is finite. Where the ignorance of man knows no bounds.

Einstein even said something similar.
"There are only 2 things that are infinite, the universe amd human stupidity."

>But why are we content to limit ourselves to that?
it's not about contentedness -- it's about BEING ACCOUTRED WITH THE NEURAL PATHWAYS TO FACILITATE CREATIVITY AND FREE THOUGHT -- something that has to be wrought in the brain's formative years (esp. the frontal cortex's formative years -- i.e., before 25 years)
...otherwise, you're fucked FOR LIFE

sure -- you can have a 'shock to the system' (near-death experience etc.) to snap you out of the zombified trance... but that's a one-in-a-million and does in no way escape the fundamental problem of churning out square pegs for what are hyperbolically increasingly round holes

>I do not blame the ignorant for being ignorant
>but they are nevertheless guilty of ignorance
>the second renaissance part II is nigh...

Because in the end, it won't matter. You'll die and whatever "good thing" you do will come and go and then you'll be forgotten. All anyone cares about is money, drugs, sex, and love. Honestly didn't even read your response because I have a friend exactly like you. Its just my opinion that nothing you do or say will ever change anything ever. Too many people like things the way they are. They're simple. Simple is easy. Thats all anyone wants. They want to jusy follow the laid out path. Do all you want, but nothing will change. People just don't care.

Also, you'll probably be more content if you put your words to work. Start doing something you feel follows your philosophical views. Never know what'll happen, but you seem very passionate. I know I'm saying you can't change shit, but if its something you want to do then do it. Thats all life accounts for. Your own wants.

I've recently had to get out of the comment hiding mindset myself. That's one of the reasons I occasionally post threads like this.

I posted a philosophical science thread the other day and while there were plenty of things I didn't agree with, they were perspectives I hadn't considered.

The truth is that no one is special. We are always going to be in the middle of our evolution as conscious thinking beings because there will always be someone to come after us and shake things up and challenge those ideas.

We have such an inflated ego of ourselves and such a focus on the individual. We're taught from birth that we're in some way unique and that's just not true. But it isn't something we should just accept and blindly trudge through life the way we currently do. We should be inspired to make something of ourselves in spite of this.
That's dependent on the concept that we aren't capable of transcending our own limitations. But we can't even know if we're capable of more because more or less we aren't even given the opportunity. They teach us nothing in school, and when we reach the "adult world" we're essentially thrust into this turbulent hellfire of things we don't appropriately understand. We don't nurture a sense of discovery or creativity.

Everyone has the opportunity to be good at something barring major defects and the like. You can always improve on some aspect of yourself or your talents. Even if you're the worst at something, you'll never know your the best at something else if you don't try.

If I have the same perspective in live as you I would kill myself. Life is like a video game, a movie or a book in the sense that if you play it or watch it doesn't matter. But some people do it because they have nothing to do, they are hollow, they can't do it because it's fun, or because they want to learn something.
Keep thinking like that and reading the pages without interest, you will truly had lost your time or became bored eventually.

I look at the futility of our actions through death like this. Death isn't an end to anything, it's just nothing. You didn't exist before you were born, we have no real working concept of life before birth because there really isn't one. You didn't know what it was like to not be around and you never will.

Because we perceive things moving forward, we are naturally ingrained with this sense of purpose and survival when really life is a olitary experience in a world that moves around us one way or the other despite anything we do to change it. So why not take advantage of that time we have? If you sit around and do nothing or contribute nothing, then you are for all intents and purposes, nothing. I know nothing I do will ever matter on a grander scale, but it's the pursuit of greater things that should drive us to excel, not to never succeed.

Eh. I see your point, but who gives a fuck. We'll all die and it'll be over. If I become bored or feel like I wasted my time, I just have to wait until I die and that'll be that.

>But some people do it because they have nothing to do, they are hollow, they can't do it because it's fun or because they want to learn something.
I putted a comma in a wrong place.

I respect your opinion, is a valid and intelligent one. But I feel that opinions like this are half the way of a perfect one.
If life doesn't matter we can do whatever we want without fear. Look at it like a last stand, giving the middle finger to everything including yourself.

Yes, I also played Persona 5

>They teach us nothing in school, and when we reach the "adult world"
'Give me your child for its first seven years and I'll give you the man' (Jesuit axiom)

if you do not plant the seeds in the brain's formative years, it's all but lost...
unless the system is circuit-broken NOW, we're fucked...
there will be no place for 11 billion mouth-breathers in 2100 (...much less 6B Forth Worldians streaming out from Africa)
we either start opening our minds today, or we might as well anoint a Caligula to lead us and go out with a smile

knowing what's going on in china doesn't make the crops grow.

everybody doesn't need to know everything.

I do whatever I want. Been backpacking through the U.S for a year and a half now. Stopping wherever seems like a good time, working odd jobs for food and shelter. Everything I could want. I'm pretty happy but the idea that nothing matters lays heavy in my mind. Its there and I know it, but fuck it. Is what it is.

Absolutely... Our education system is so skewed in the wrong directions. It's seen more as an obligation than a privilege.

It's not just on the schools though. Parents need to take some initiative in their children's working knowledge of the world as well.

There were students with me in highschool who didn't know what happened on 9/11.

We're so closed off to everything around us and we really need a jump start to the system or everything is just going to collapse. It's all good when the people who don't care are teenagers and children, but those same people have to grow up and run the fucking world. How we can put so little stock into educating and ensuring that our students and children don't go into the world with an underdeveloped sense of things is beyond me...

That's great if someone wants to grow crops or run a farm or whatever. No, everyone doesn't need to be a scholar and "know everything" but people don't seem to value education. If all I'm ever taught to do is grow crops, then of course I'm going to grow crops.

I live in a rural farm area and there are people here in their fucking 70's and up who couldn't even tell you who Hitler is! I had a supervisor at work who had never heard of WW2.

The point I'm trying to make is that people need to see more value in knowing things. Even if you decide to do nothing with that knowledge, great, you do you. But it doesn't negate the fact that having a broader understanding of how things work around you is a valuable thing.

You don't have to know everything, you only have to think for yourself and do a good job doing it.
Thanks for the weak ass wisdom.

I dunno. I do it too. You get so many extreme views these days you kind of want to go opposite to balance it out. But in the end, moderation is the key to all things in life.