Has anyone else seen Bill Nye Saves The World? This shit is literally unwatchable...

Has anyone else seen Bill Nye Saves The World? This shit is literally unwatchable. My roommate and I watched the first episode and it was so preachy that we decided to make a drinking game out of it. Here are the rules.
> Drink whenever Bill's voice changes because he got excited
> Drink whenever a guest or correspondent is visibly uncomfortable
> Drink whenever someone says something subtly racist
> Waterfall your drink whenever Bill goes on a rant

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wllc5gSc-N8
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_glaciation
youtube.com/watch?v=rUn1jKhWTXI
youtube.com/watch?v=T9A-F8JEFyY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bil Nye the Bullshit Guy.

Bill Nye is a scientist like Dr. Phil is a doctor.

I'm like 2 beers in and the episode isn't even over.

He's not a scientist at all.
He's an engineer.

He's a dipshit

Regardless of how you feel about his worldviews it's boring as fuck

Yeah hes preachy.... but hes right

A mechanical engineer at that.

Because engineers arnt scientists apperently

They arent

The show is geared toward science deniers, so it undoubtedly will bore anyone who has a high school level grasp of science. Unfortunately science deniers won't watch this regardless.

How arn't they? What the hell do you think a scientist is

But he is right

kek

Reminder there 62659874564795469 genders.

A scientist is a starving artist focused on understanding esoteric bullshit. An engineer is just someone who failed more science classes than they passed but for some reason gets paid more.

I'm trying to watch it now. It's fucked in ways I can't adequately describe. Liberals acting like douches. And I'm a liberal.

No they are both people who learn snd attept to undertand the world around us, a scientist just focuses on reasersh while an engineer actually does something with what they have learned.

The second episode he lets a poonjab yell at white people for about 10 mins. White people stop this.. White people stop that.

Fuck him and fuck Nye.
Wish his ex wife didnt suck at gardening...

I watched a couple episodes and i didnt get that vibe, i just think bill is frusterated with no one doing anything about the problems he has been working to solve for the last 30 or so years

Yea yea, it was global warming 10 years ago, but now it's climate change. No shit climate change happens.Been happening before humans even fucking mattered! It's like if the argument used to be "water is heating up!" and as soon you were proven to be wong, "water is wet! How can anyone deny water is wet?" All the while being a preacher, self-praising, narcissistic faggot. Go learn about the space cosmic interference, you fucking peon.

But they are the same fucking thing yeah the climate always changes l, but its happening faeter now, and heres the twist, WE CAN FUCKING DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT NOW

I have a feeling Mr. Nye doesn't actually believe the shit he spews. I think that the media mentality has gotten to him along with the left encouraging him, therefore making him more famous.

> with what they have learned
Yeah, what they learned from scientists.
Scientists - 1
Cock Sucking Engineers - 0

Pic related (it's you)

Sorry for my spelling im on mobile

Haha, they changed the name for morons like you.

You are fucking dumb. Engineers study the practical applications of the discoveries scientists make. So both require an understanding of science.

How arrogant are you to believe that the earth is less powerful than humans?

The earth has consistently killed off nuisance species to it, and yet we're still here.

You are not important to the earth, and your ideals are not in line with the truth of nature and the earth.

Does he shove his fucking atheist beliefs down your throat?

Even if the scientists discovored it were they doing anything with it. scientists may discovor things but engineers use those discovories for a purpose. Blueprints are useless without a builder.

yeah clearly humans haven't killed any species and can have no effect on the environment nature must be the only influence

What the fuck are you gonna do about it?

Do you really consider a class average of 30% understanding the material?

The earth is a rock with algie growing on it. It dosnt deal with anything, And until proven otherwise i can safely saw we are the first species on earth that can be more powerful then nature, becase of enginners and scientists.

Ding ding ding, this guy gets it. In my case, scientists may create new chemical, but a chemical engineer makes it viable

Well, he's a popular (((American))) science promoter. So yeah, pretty much. Him and Black science man can fuck right off.

Individually nothing of any real merrit for now.

Whats wrong with tyson

Cool.

Scientists - 2
Cock Sucking Engineers - 0

What the fuck are you even talking about?

This guy gets it.
Yea, and in the 1980's, we were terrified about the upcoming Ice age, brought about by human interference. Was said to hit by 2020. We clearly have no major impact on atmospheric conditions. Get over the fact humans are miniscule,
People mean nothing, and you are less then that nothing. Seriously, how can you honestly say, that less then a 1/4 of the WORLD'S population, affects the planet in weather? Actually learn something for yourself, stop letting facebook, and your liberal collage studies friends dictate you as a being... stupid.

>he is this mad that engineers get paid more

Engineers are just dropout scientists

Yeah but the dropouts actually get shit done

How do you figure? I would think engineers are people who went to school for engineering???? And I still dont understand this 30% figure you pulled out of your ass.

>literally gives the same speech at every campus he goes to
>multiple examples of shitty science in his theories
Tbh I just don't like the guy due to his constant twitter shitposting "muh borders arent real muh morals are human inventions real gods are the stardust STARDUST WERE ALL STARDUST"
Sagan caped the market on TV scientists, and even he wasn't great.

I played the same game in school while watching his more popular kids TV show.

Borders arnt real and we did come from stardust? I thought this was common knowledge. Although, i can see how any scientis can get a bit annoying.

This. No doubt the anti science BS in this thread is all amerifgs.

Sagan was decent because he wasn't condescendingly shoving it down your throats and had a PhD and was put in front of a TV. Nye put himself in front of the TV.

Made for the lowest common denominator. I know americans are fucking stupid he's acting like he's hosting a kid's show. Its insulting to people that are even remotely informed on these topics its neither in informative or entertaining. lucky that theme song is so short it is unbearable bad. Don't watch it, it is terrible

You learn about some of the latest science though.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wllc5gSc-N8

As an engineer amerifag, i will sadly agree with this

you know the reason scientists are scared of the current climate change pattern is because it's happening too fast for species to adapt, including humans, right?

You poor thing, you're retarded...

Google the carbon cycle and carbon storage. Think about how warm it was when the carbon that forms fossil fuels was in the atmosphere instead of the Earth. Now consider what the Earth will be like once we put it all back in the atmosphere.

Did you learn anything?

>1/4 of the WORLD'S population
>just the tip, bby.

It is common knowledge, but he's an example of "scientists" trying to meld their politics in with their work and bringing everything back. "You don't need gods or politics to make the world better, just my brand of liberal sciences that are based off some shoddy maths." That's really gonna help us fix shit and stop the world from shitting in the oceans.
Sagan did alright work, Nye and the others nowadays are just riding that dollar.

I dont go to college and i dont have a facebook. I like to read scientific journals though. And you know what 90% of the enviromental study ones day. WE HAVE MADE A NOTICABLE IMPACT ON THE WORLD ECOLOGY. Also in 1980 they saw an ice age coming so you know what happened ideas were pools and now we have more clean energy andmore efficent cars, we have done better but its still not enough. Just because a crisis was averted dosnt mean it would have never happened. Thats like saying just because we havent seen a huge outbreak of smallpox vaccines are useless, i mean no one could possebly belive that right...

wtf

>just my brand of liberal sciences
Are you throwing out the results of science because you don't like the politics of the person telling you?

>fix shit
Are you saying shit's broken?

Yea I made it to 3 eps. Unwatchable indeed. Cringey as fuck also annoying he has a pannel then insists on interrupting the ones that disagree with him. Also climate change is bs.

Well i mean id rather beleve someone who has a phd and has reaserched and published many scientific journals about world problems then a businessman who knows money

>climate change is bs
at what point in your life did critical thinking become too hard?

Preaches about climate change then fly's 4 guest speakers out every episode. He's effected the planet more negatively than I have, where's my tv show

Point where we are in the longest ice age in recorded history

I don't why people hold him to such high regard, he is a notorious asshole. There are so many stories on how he is so rude and arrogant to people in public, to the point where he curses at children.
I know he is a person like anyone else, and he's entitled to privacy. But if your first reaction is to tell a kid to "fuck off" when he wants to meet you, you have some serious issues.

Well yeah, I mean dinosaurs couldn't exactly record history. That's not really that profound of a statement

If science was unencumbered by money we'd have done SO MUCH MORE on this earth.

That looked like bait to me

Nah, i'm not throwing them out, but you should be aware of when someone's political leanings start affecting their science.
You're not wrong, i'm just speculating that most of these popsci types aren't in it for knowledge anymore.

Sauce?

Please tell me you are trolling.

We're not in an ice age, dipshit. Where did you get that one from?

Huh

Don't know if I can post direct links, but look up "Heroes we should never meet". Take it with a grain of salt though, since it is all anecdotes.

Hmm i can agree with you on many a scientist falling into the money trap, but it still makes more sense to follow them instead of polotitions, if you hsve to follow someone. Hoever, as always its best to always get multiple sources.

I just know. I dunno, if you don't believe me look it up urself.

I can separate science and politics. He's an entertainer, like the mythbusters. I'm fine with that.

start off as engineer. turn into science teacher, turn into political science, turn into al gore.. if he's a mechnical engineer show me some of the things he's built

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_glaciation
>Within ice ages, there exist periods of more severe glacial conditions and more temperate referred to as glacial periods and interglacial periods, respectively. The Earth is currently in such an interglacial period of the Quaternary Ice Age, with the last glacial period of the Quaternary having ended approximately 11,700 years ago with the start of the Holocene epoch.

Last ice age ended 11,700 years ago. That's why there isn't a whole shitload of ice all over America. Are you retarded?

>because all engineers are hero from big hero six.

Agree wholeheartedly, but don't follow them. Try to learn more yourself and educate others.
I as well, but the masses of their fans take it as the fucking gospel. Just shitposting about cucky tv presenters in general. This has been a pretty civil discussion lmao, cheers!

>ITT: Alcoholics looking for any excuse to drink themselves passed their usual point of idiocy.

Sooo.. climate deniers would actually rather listen to this guy just because he is 'more animated' ... and stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=rUn1jKhWTXI

>civil duscussion on /b
Oh shit... uh... YOUR A FAG LIBTARD

So ur proving me wrong by copy pasting a quote saying we are in an ice age?

Thanks.

I'M ACTUALLY A CHRISTCUCK NAZI WOLOLOLOLOL

I just want American's to stop listening to retards and start reading books again. Make America Study Again.

Here's a video of him going to the Noah's Ark exhibit. He basically spends the entire visit instigating arguments and acting like a child from /r/atheism.

Forgot link youtube.com/watch?v=T9A-F8JEFyY

Holy fuck, Americans are retarded.

>I as well, but the masses of their fans take it as the fucking gospel.
Gospel is an interesting word choice, seeing as most anti science people are religious.

And yeah, everyone screaming at each other and calling each other fags isn't going to make anything but more polarized enemies.

What is the music at the beginning there?

>88

>Noah's Ark exhibit

what?!