Explain why this is good

Because it sounds like his worst album. A maroon 5 collab, seriously? Don't shit on Yeezus or 808s if you think this is good

Shit taste op

It was 2005 bre

Exactly, so many poorly made / cheesy / outdated songs in this album, with his worst skits to boot. Only contrarians like this album more than his others, even grad is more consistent

that's not what contrarian means

If you're telling me the string sections and samples chosen are worse than the shitty clicky drum machines on college dropout then I can't really take you seriously.

But to be fair the skits are fucking awful. When are skits on a hip hop album not?

Is this the one with all the clapping skits ? Yeah didn't like those parts

LR>MBDTF>TCD>Grad>808s>Yeezus>TLOP

2005 maroon 5 is a different beast than [current year] maroon 5

> the skits are fucking awful
I don't get how anybody can have that strong of a opinion on the skits?
They're really inoffensive. And really some of the better 2000's Hip Hop album skits.
They're light hearted and fun.

They get annoying on multiple album listens.

I guarantee you almost EVERY hip hop album would be better without skits. Prove me wrong if you wish.

>we broke broke
>flat broke
>we aint got it
They were pretty lit even looking back and it you and some homies can laugh at it still and have a good time.

Besides the busdriver one on temporary forever, I agree. The panties one, on the second cd is fucking cringe to listen to. I went with a friend and his family to a water park, on the way they were playing that. As soon as the skit was over they turned off the radio the rest of the way .

On speakerboxxx/the love below

Honestly. I kind of agree on you. But I feel albums with skits like 36 Chambers adds lots of character to the album and rappers.
compared to shitty Eminem and other 2000's rapper skit.

this album feels outdated. i tried listening to it the other day and most tracks kind of suck. college dropout still sounds classic though

It's literally the Pet Sounds of hip-hop

The skits on LR are fun and the skits on TCD help frame the album and add some context, they act as transition pieces.

Bring Me Down has one of his best verses

MBDTF=YEEZUS>LR>808S>TCD>GRAD>TLOP

Just fucking don't listen to them. You're not contractually obligated to listen to every last second of the album.

yeezus > mbdtf

Hey mama is one of the most beautiful songs ever

Not what I said.

>Implying 2005 Adam Levine was just as bad as current Adam Levine

You're complaining that the skits are annoying on relistens as if this detracts from the album. Just leave them out when you listen to it. Problem solved.

I'm saying why the hell bother putting them in in the first place when they're only enjoyable on one or two listens when you could just cut them out and have a more cohesive album without having to hammer a fucking skip button?

Late Registration has some great individual moments but it's literally just College Dropout again with more songs that will chart. Pretty sure Ye even acknowledged that this was a sell-out record.

Graduation is usually seen as the worst of his discography but it's varied as fuck and he pushes the music really far even if it's not always with the best results.

It's his 2nd best behind Dark Fantasy. Listening to that album is pretty much like listening to a greatest hits album with how many of his best songs are on there.