I want to join the navy.
Any advice?
Share your stories.
All branches welcomed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1-K4jJXD19U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't value your recruiters time and energy over your future, and go navy

Why is there a picture of the coast guard with actual people in the military?

Also understand that your recruiter will lie to you. They will say almost anything you want to hear.

I just graduated from Bootcamp it's fucking awesome after boot. Go Navy, hoo ya.

Fuck the navy. Go army. With North Korea bullshit right around the corner most likely you'll get fucked being on a ship. Atleast being infantry on the ground you have a better chance. Plus you won't have any bragging rights to any other branch being navy. Even the air force is above you there.

In addition to that since you are going navy your recruiter will attempt to make you become a nuclear engineer resist the sales pitch the job sucks

Go chair force. You get the best toys and no chance of dying.

Those people aren't actually in the military. They are most likely rotc in high school.

HA! "above" I see what you did there

What the fuck are bragging rights good for when you're dead stick with the navy the pay is the same and you will actually get technical skills in the process

I've heard and I'm too old for nuke jobs.

go surface, but pick a job that isn't only on ships. Pick a tech job and not something any low ASVAB score can do.
ET, IT are top tier. Not sure what they are called now that there are no ratings.
Don't be an engineer/fireman

True i mean the SPC rank on the army guy is weird but he has no unit patch. Also looks like he has some type of awards

tf nuclear engineer is one of the most well paid jobs and its one of the safest....
Also depends on which country specifically, tho im guessin america for you.

Same pay for all mos its all about that bonus you'll waste in a month wishing you could trade for sleep

Big war "North Korea"
Big target "Gay Navy ship"
Big boom "NK ballistic missiles"
Big Gay Navy loses Semen

Not much of a chance for the invincible navy fags anymore

This is assuming you know nothing about the navy and its defense against shitty cold war weapons.

You don't get bonuses upfront anymore. You might get a small portion but most likely they will portion it to your pay for the few years your in

The "gay navy ship" is not alone aircraft carriers are accompanied by other ships that can prevent North Korean attacks the us is a tad bit more advanced than they are

Unless you go aircraft maintenance, then the supers will work you til you die

I was a 25u meaning I was just a U mine was 25k got 10k after a month of being at my first post then 5k every 3 months I believe bonuses for enlisted stop at 40k not sure for officers army BTW not sure for other beaches i think they max at 15k for air force

Navy veteran here. I recommend checking out all the rates you're interested in extensively and I mean join Facebook groups related to that rate, ask questions to those already involved in it, and make sure it's 100% something you want to spend the next few years of your life doing. Don't be one of those idiots that chooses a rate solely based on it's A school location.

Also, you want to have at least 2 sets of uniforms, one for everyday use/watch standing and another only for inspections...and when I mean uniform I also mean the cover (hat), undershirt, and whatever the appropriate footwear is for that uniform - keep them nice and polished.

Well, if you enjoy sucking dick and being the biggest possible faggot that you can, feel free to join the Navy. If you think you could surpass being the faggot of all faggots and the dicklord of all time, join the Coast Guard.

I've been reading through every rating. I browse forums. I have a list of about 5-10 ratings I like. The uniform tip sounds like something I would do anyway. I'm kind of OCD so I'm sure I would want all my inspections go right.

Hey I'm in re same boat as OP but my situation is slightly different.
What's the best way to go about joining the military of you plan on going to college right out of highschool?
Do I have to wait until graduation to enlist?

There's a lot of women in the military now. I'm sure I can find a woman to fuck.

>I want to join the navy.

The USN sucks more dicks than any other branch. Do NOT join the military unless you like to suck dick.

This really, recruiters suck. It's not their fault really. They have a quota, but they are still a part of the problem.

My recruiter broke da rulez so I dropped out at MEPS before I got to a point where I would be lying under oath.

Join the Marines. It will be WAY more intense and FUN. 12 weeks of training, the CRUCIBLE is legit as fuck (at least when it's wet and below zero) and MCT is fun as fuck.
The most elite (basic) units of the entire world and we have the most advanced training in any field. Being a branch of the Navy has its advantages, but TRUST we ain't Navy, son.

>Do NOT join the NAVY unless you like to suck dick.

I'm too old for the marines.

I'm the second guy.
I've been mainly thinking of joining the air force, but marines is something I've considered too.
I have two close friends who went in last year and they've also been convincing me to go that route.

Just don't join, it's fucking gay

Ah, shit bro :(
Go Air Force if you can then, more ways to get that money. And more opportunities to do cool shit. If my college shit doesn't turn up, I'll enlist AF reeeeal quick if they still want me.

youtube.com/watch?v=1-K4jJXD19U

Go navy. Become a SEAL. Don't be a pussy like everybody else on this board.

You sound like a high school educated (at maximum) hillbilly retard.