When did you realise religion was a lie?

when did you realise religion was a lie?

When your mom sucked my dick better than your priest ever could.

>summmerrrrrrrtime when the livin's e-z

Wow! The bible dried out the water.

What a miracle!

Became suspicious around 8, was for sure at 10

when i was 14

only stupid people believe in this shit

I grew up mudslime unfortunately so I was 18 when I finally grew out of it

I can't wait till I can start braining kikes

It's never too late to repent.
Questioning your entire existence isn't worth an eternity of regret.

When I learned Santa Claus wasn't real, I figured out Jesus wasn't either

>only believing in a religion because of your fear of the afterlife

if god was real he'd throw your spineless cowardly ass out of heaven

As soon as I realized that people haven't been able to prove gods existence for 2000+ years.

i would say, when i was 16 i had my doubts, was full on, when i was a new fagg to war after joining the army.

I refuse to be a god fearing faggot like everyone else where I live. If he is so forgiving, he will understand that I want to see it for myself to believe. Otherwise, if he's a dick and won't accept me because I refuse to accept him in life, I'd rather no stand beside that asshole in the first place.

shortly after the priest said "just the tip"

I was around age 14 or 15 when I started to connect the dots

When i read the bible now im christian and no religion has any power over me

do you even hear how retarded you sound? Do you go around in public and talk like this? Has anyone ever told you that you sound like you have autism?

What dots

That picture is making me lol

I can neither confirm nor the deny the existence of a god or the validity of any religion. I choose however not to place stock in something that can in no way define itself through proof. Show me proof of god, great, otherwise, who gives a shit.

>thinking fear is an inferior human aspect
Christians have a God we love and fear.
Atheists become atheists because they believe themselves above the need to fear.

This itself is perfectly fine. If you live a reasonable life, it's also reasonable to not find some arbitrary entity to fear and respect. However, you also end up lacking the love and joy of knowing a Father God who has a plan for you. Just remember, joy that comes from laughing at Christians for worshipping fake sky daddy's ultimately is weaker than the joy of praising He who knows and holds you in His palm for life and beyond. -thoughts from a Atheism-tolerant Christian

Some asshole old lady stole my pokemon cards when I was a kid during service.

when did you realize it doesn't matter that it's a lie
>oh wait, you haven't
get on my level Sup Forumsitches

Around the age of 3 years.

Between religion and power, control, war, money, globalism, etc.

Christianty and Islam specifically

Im glad you liked it also found it on Sup Forums

When I was about 4 or so and I asked my grandmother in church who wrote the Bible, and she told me, "God wrote it."

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm a very spiritual person, for lack of a better word/wont of using something more simplified as a term. However, mainstream religion is opium for the masses. Like soccer/football.

checked

No, he wouldn't.

Odin would, though,

TROLLS:
>if you were actually christians, you wouldn't be here
>you aren't fooling anyone

>1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

>2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

>3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

Probably about 5-6 and just learnt understand what these sentences meant and thought that it just sounded silly. Been confused why others actually thought it sounded legit ever since. Got angry about peoples stupidity through my late teens and early twenties but got over it and now just let people believe what they want, as long as they don't a) try to force their religious beliefs/reasons for doing things on me or my kids, like circumcision or male/female only marriage etc b) they don't take the word of a holy book over scientific rigour

Joy is joy, it doesnt matter where it comes from. That's like saying food from god is tastier and more fulfilling than food from the supermarket.

church ended 3 hours ago. why wouldn't i be here?

Please read bible there is not actually a link between what God tells people to do and whsat people think he tells them to do

Only by people trying to force their religion on me. When someone learns I'm atheist and the first thing they ask is "Can I convert you??" all enthusiastically, I give up on the sheep.

my image says it all.

/thread

When i realized every fucking priest drives a BMW or Mercedes and have a nice fucking house.

Think about it this way:
>you notice Cheez-Its are on sale again at your local store
>You win the lottery
Joy most definitely has different levels

Studies show many lotto winners end up less happy than they were beforehand.
Nobody ever gets unhappy when Cheez-Its are on sale.

>can't into metaphor

Jesus still a example of a good bro.
You cant deny that atheist.

>when I prayed every single night that a girl I liked would like me back
>she called me a waste of space and told me to fuck off
>when I prayed for my mom to stop drinking so much so I could finally have dinner with her without being afraid of her yelling at me
>she was sent to the hospital twice for alcohol poisoning
>when I prayed every night for my grandma to recover from her breast cancer
>it spread to her brain and she died three months later
I found out very young that he isn't real. Fuck God. If he really is out there, he has some explaining to do.

ok sorry man bad example
>you notice Cheez-Its are on sale again at your local store
>Hospital calls you after your wife gets hit by car and hospitalized for 3 months, tells you she finally woke up

I don't know what the fuck I am. I say I'm an atheist but I'm only afraid to kill myself because I don't want to go to hell???? So if I believe in hell, (well I'm not sure) then I have to believe in heaven??

>praying for selfish purposes
God isn't Uncle Billy who bought you that Lego set when your parents wouldn't, dumbass.

He is apparently the same as (or one of three aspects, which are all the same, or something) the all powerful being who chooses to punish people for eternity for finite crimes. Jesus isn't that great.

"god is infinite"
"god has always existed and will always exist"
"as long as you repent, even if it's at the last second, you'll go to heaven"
welp there's one set of complete bullshit, let's see what else is out there...oh wait, more bullshit

i beleived the bible was literally true (earth is 6000 years old, noah's ark, virgin birth, etc.) until early 2012. i was 24.

This

If there is a God he certainly wouldn't look at death the same way that you or I do and he probably has more important things to do than listen to you cry about your Nana's tits

I find it very disconcerting that every asshole uses the bible to piss on, but not the Koran or the Book of Mormon. Mohammed fucking a 9 year old seems more disturbing to me, yet everyone goes out of their way to dis Christianity specifically.

the first time I saw a young kid with cancer

Sorry to hear about your familly man but the healing stops working halfway through the book of acts even for apostals that other guy calling you selfish is a dick

we're just destroying them in the order in which they were written, jews are too powerful so we skipped them

God doesnt give people cancer dumbass its mutated genes or pollution

Right now, in good ol' Murrica where many of us live, Christianity has a dramatic impact on our culture and legal system, while Islam does not. It's far more important to debunk Christianity.

Plus, only racists and xenophobes would ever say anything negative about Islam. /sarcasm

then she's a weak as bitch and can't protect shite

you are going to hell lol

>she
everyone knows god is a white man with a black man's penis

When as a 9 year old kid one, of my schoolmates had leukemia and I saw her died.
And I always wondered why a loving God would take someone who hadn't even started her life yet.

Anybody who matters already knows Islam is awful

sweet I get to hang out with this guy

God works in mysterious ways. You can't comprehend why that child must have cancer, but you can rest assured it's according to God's perfect divine plan.

>fuck, he's making me question my beliefs with rational thinking!
>I know! I'll call him an autist!
retard

My belief in religion has gone down, however I would say my belief in god is stronger than ever.

god is a shitty planner then

When my mother died.
Then my father.
Then my cat.
But not the bitch sister.

>she's
For last 2000 years we have been in a dispensation of grace God hasnt done anthing

It didn't flush.
Hallelujah!!!!

My family was heatens in a religious comunity.

grace period man read your bible

After my atheist boyfriend embodied the ideals of Christ better than my Bible believing, gospel preaching father. I got kicked out a week before I started college because I refused to break up with him. Instead of showing me the mercy and love that Christ supposedly promotes, I was shamed for refusing to "court" a man that I didn't know.

He seems like a read dick then.
>j-j-just trust me! h-h-he has a plan for killing a kid
>But don't you fucking dare abort anyone! it was also his plan to have that lady get violently raped!!

Jesus promises eternal burning and torture for the "crime" of being reasonable (atheist).

He is a total and utter cunt and you are a moron.

It is not

I love this lol

when christians couldn't explain to me the difference between god and santa. i was about 6.

never had to attend religion class again.

This is why I can't take god or religion srsly

Where you in a catholic church?what kind of retards?

This. I don't care what your faith if it isn't destructive or violent.

I started reasoning nothing about religion made sense, it had no foundations, anything

lets hear you explain it tardis

As an atheist myself, fuck off.
If it makes them happy whats the harm, I just have a problem with what the donations go to, priest in my small middle class town has a huge house and 3 cars

Santa is a make believe character to keep children in line.
God is a completely real and in no way fake being to keep adults in line.

eat the body of chirst

EXACTLY if you drive a Mercedes you should lost your tax free status in the US

did you ever hear
Janis Joplin, BB&THC version of
Summertime?

a mindblowing interpretation

>whats the harm, I just have a problem with what the donations go to, priest in my small middle class town has a huge house and 3 cars

You just answered your own question, derpy.

The harm is that the scammers in the religion business pay no tax, and that means that YOU and me subsidise their worthless asses.

That's the harm. Do you get it now?

>Santa a dumb lie people tell there children that has suspicions conections to nimrod worship
>God a triune being that created the universe

I was never religious in the first place. My parents both believe in god, but pretty loosely. I was never indoctrinated.

Page 1.

THIS

Page 1.

Page 1 of the Bible says snakes can talk.

Page 1 of the Koran says god manipulates the minds of nonbelievers so that they can't believe and then sends them to hell.

These things are lies.

>when christians couldn't explain to me the difference between god and santa. i was about 6.
Santa is actually worth following. Do good, get rewarded. Do bad, get punished.

Christians think that you can do whatever you want and still go to paradise forever as long as you keep the faith and spread their evil religion.

When I finally got old enough to honestly and critically question what I'd been raised to believe.

Also being an atheist, I use to think the same way as you, and in certain aspects, I still agree. Individually, religion can help certain people through a lot of hardship. But recently I've paid more attention to what's going on in the middle East, and the similarities between Muslims today and Christians back during the middle ages. Religion has caused so many deaths through so many religious-based wars over the years. It spreads ignorance like a pandemic and keeps entire societies from progressing. Back in the middle ages, the Catholic church banned any scientific research that went against the Bible. Today Muslim radicals are dead set on killing anyone who isn't Muslim. Middle eastern countries are failing to join more civilized countries due to their government officiated religious beliefs. Their women are treated like lower life forms and people from different sects of the same religion shun and objectify each other! I can go on and on! Religion is of the past, science is of the future. We must actively support the spread of atheism and the erradication of religion through democratic and peaceful means

Kek is here.