Is Australia the most culturally European non-European country?

Is Australia the most culturally European non-European country?

Also it always gives me a giggle when Americans think we're more like them than we are British. Wrong! So wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

pri.org/stories/2012-06-14/australia-elementary-school-students-protest-ban-hugs-high-5s
tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/no-plans-ban-hugging-aucklands-students-after-bizarre-new-aussie-school-rule
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/9651122/Australian-school-bans-hugging.html
youtube.com/watch?v=QzMsoz4XIkM
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2512630/Doorknobs-BANNED-Vancouver-local-government-pushes-make-houses-elderly-friendly.html
youtube.com/watch?v=fLKZ_YkbQjY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

true they didn't ban high fives in schools

desu you are more like canadians

You daft muh heritage abo. It's only because we're the only country that's cucked enough into watching euro vision massively, that's why they invited us.

We should make our own one with America and the UK.

word filter?

anglovision

What's going on now?

australia banned high fives, hugs etc in schools but thats not new

Well atleast you try very hard to be.

Why?

Would be awesome to see

We did? I guess the stasi will be coming to take me away any minute.

t. actual high school teacher

we're not very european at all

We do?

I thought Poo Peeland was more European than you.

pri.org/stories/2012-06-14/australia-elementary-school-students-protest-ban-hugs-high-5s

word filter changed something i said to desu
cant remember what i said though

Why? What European qualities do they have

>one (1) primary school did it
>therefore the entire country has
are you fucking thick

Yeah, one school making silly rules, nothing to see here, this kind of shit happens all over the world all the time.

That's just one school being ran by a pom though

They are a little England. While you guys are like Americans with funny accents

>They are a little England.
Someone hasn't been to NZ.

not in the slightest

Superiority

fucking ausmericans

No but i want to. Thats the general perception though

name one (1) thing americans have in common with australians beyond language

Music

>They are a little England
Were more like a little Ireland and Canada with the Geography of Japan, Argentina and Chile than a little Britain

wrong

Australia is just a better version of Britain, made by Britain. Britain has potential to be great again.

t. british parents

>a little Ireland
fucking what

No, not at all

Ireland at this point is more anglo than anything else

No You sir are though

wasn't just one

tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/no-plans-ban-hugging-aucklands-students-after-bizarre-new-aussie-school-rule

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/9651122/Australian-school-bans-hugging.html

was just the first google result

sorry bout the delay got a warning about starting a thread about international politics on Sup Forums

why the fuck are we even in eurovision, fucking english-singing and non-euros ruin that shit.

Americans wouldn't think you were more like them if you lot weren't obviously fucking like them you knob

Thanks for the giggle

why are americans so ignorant?

Go ahead and prove that our music is different

The Danish contestant this year is also Australian. Let's be honest, EU would be better off if we just took control. This is just the first step

youtube.com/watch?v=QzMsoz4XIkM

So many Americans and most Brits on Sup Forums are so fucking dense. I'm glad Australia moved away from your shitty inbred culture a lot time ago. The UK is akin to the US in that it is an economically powerful nation with military presence on the outside and a hollow shell on the inside, surrounded by nations who want your people to stay as far as fuck away from them as possible. Two relic nations of the pre modern era who are slowly but surely becoming overtaking by other nations who have more than arrogance fueling their progression.
Australia and New Zealand are about the only good things to come out of England in the past few hundred years.

There you go we both have shitty natives that do nothing but drink and get high all day

what has that got to do with australian and american culture?

never have i seen somebody as butt hurt as you on here and it is sad

Just showing similarities to our countries m8. But in all seriousness you have to be dense to claim that our cultures aren't similar

again that's like up to a handful of schools in the whole country, nothing to see here, just the occasional dumb shits.

you'd have to be dense to claim that they are

We are most similar to Kiwis then British, then Canadians. Ireland and USA can fuck off

I think he is a chink or a Melbourne leftie. Both are known to have irrational hatred of the us

You do realize that canadians are just Americans that stayed loyal to britian out of force

irish culture is literally the major point of difference between england and australia

it's nice how you pretend like you know what australia is like based off retarded shit you read on Sup Forums by insular losers that never leave their house

Ireland's wormed it's way into every Anglo country. Canada has a bunch of them in the Maritimes.

Calm down there. Your irrational butthurt isn't going to help

Australia's far more irish than the others purely because of our convict history

when does it stop?
you thought it was one but its a hell of a lot

canada banned door handles too and they defend it the same way

australia is fucked until they get a government with common sense and the balls to back it up

jokes aside i have yet to meet an aussie that i disliked but the country tries to wrap people and feelings in cotton wool and is borderline retarded

What's this about door knobs

are you 12?

>you thought it was one but its a hell of a lot
from the sound of it it's literally like 3-5 schools in the country, and schools are allowed to make their own rules.

I can pretty much guarantee none of these rules stayed in place one the parental community at large found out about it.

And that's usually how it goes with most of these super nanny-state laws. We are a nanny state but I've literally never had my life impacted by our law, and I agree with our approach to guns (and I have been shooting on a few occasions).

Also, this coming from Britain is a laugh, we might be a nanny state, but you're fast turning into a socially immobile 1984-nanny state.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2512630/Doorknobs-BANNED-Vancouver-local-government-pushes-make-houses-elderly-friendly.html

Not anytime soon, people are too apathetic

>no aussie gf to banter with

Australia is culturally Australian.
We speak better English than the English and we are from similar recent genetic stock, but that's about it. A nation founded by English speaking immigrants with English, Scottish, Irish, German, French, etc. backgrounds. Don't go thinking that our relations with either the UK or the USA are cultural, because they're really not. They're trade security driven. It was due to England having a powerful navy during the earlier part of our national histroy which we needed to work in an allegiance with in order to protect trade routes. If it wasn't for this compromise, Australia wouldn't really have any strategic connections with England today. The same can be said about our current relations with the USA today, due to WWII. Purely strategic compromises, not cultural relations.
Australian society is entirely unrelated to European nations culturally and also unrelated to the UK, culturally.
Whatever similitudes these nations display are borne by modern globalisation, not by being European.

It is televised on SBS on a non-peak time slot, you dense meme spewing fuckwit. Piss off back to Sup Forums with your fucking cancerous memes.

and of course most of your sources are the daily mail, the most accurate and reputable of all british newspapers

Stop projecting your insecurities, you fucking moron.

truthbombs

first google result

I know you jest but it unironically is

Its not really hard be better than usa or cuckanada

youtube.com/watch?v=fLKZ_YkbQjY

The only thing you posted to try and refute me was some ratty abo music that no one considers Australian

Oh fuck off mate, you have no idea of our history. We had more influence from Irish Catholic missionaries than muh convicts.
Seriously fuck off with this bullshit. Australia has as much of a convict history as it does a Dutch one.

Australian culture is founded off the convict struggle mate. Tall poppy syndrome, anti-automatism, gallows humour and pretty much the entire bush folklore all stem from convicts.

Denial is not only a river in Egypt.

You are literally Irish rebels forced to an arid wasteland

Nice inferiority complex you've got there
Britian ruled the waves in 1800s
America ruled the skies and space in 1900s
America will likely rule the solar system in the 2000s

Absolutely this
White Australians are pro America
It is the chink immigrants who have raging hate for America

I always though Australia was a British island

No Canada is.