/mls/ General: >Soon edition

2016 season is fucking OVER guys.

2016 EXPANSION DRAFT: TUESDAY, DECEMBER 13TH AT 2PM ET

>The league announced Tuesday that the 2016 Expansion Draft will include five rounds, giving Atlanta United FC and Minnesota United FC the opportunity to pick five players each ahead of their entry into the league 2017, down from the 10 players that New York City FC and Orlando City SC each selected two years ago. The Expansion Draft will be held on Dec. 13 at 2 pm ET.

>In the Expansion Draft, Atlanta and Minnesota will be allowed to select eligible players from the other 20 rosters in Major League Soccer to add to their inaugural MLS roster for the 2017 season. Each current MLS club will have the ability to protect 11 players from selection. Additionally, Generation adidas players who do not graduate from the program at the end of the 2016 season and Homegrown players on a club's Supplemental or Reserve roster will not be eligible for selection.

>Each MLS club may only lose one player in the Expansion Draft. After a player is selected from a club's unprotected roster, that club is removed from the Expansion Draft process.
>Soon

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/E781QE7ZQK8
latimes.com/sports/soccer/la-sp-galaxy-offseason-20161211-story.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reeee

almiron is a good player, but he tend to get depressed sometimes :(

>no shots on target
>win the championship

defend this you cucks

>Zero shots on goal
>park the fucking bus all game
>dirty spics bodying the Reds with zero calls from the ref

rigged af tbqh

Parkhurst to Memelanta

How many seasons before Minnesota wins the cup

>canada

Over/Under: 12.5 seasons

It... it wasn't supposed to happen like this, /mls/

How did my boi Lodeiro do?

Good in the playoffs/late regular season, mediocre like everyone in MLS Cup due to nerves and temperature

Meme league
Meme sport
Meme game

bretty ok

Smashed his penalty into the top corner

Who /couldhavemadeitinthebigleagues/ here

>winning the league with 0 shots on target
This semen slurping sport isn't for me.

>soonfag not caring about anyone else, like our wogFRIENDS
good job atlfag

Was 'The Save' the key defining moment of this game?

of course

youtu.be/E781QE7ZQK8

Entire team (apart from Frei, holy shit what a save) did absolutely nothing until penalties

>yfw TFC never makes the playoffs again and is relegated just before the stock market crash kills Rogers and Toronto becomes Detroit 2.0

>Soon

>Soon

I still can't believe that memefest happened last night.

>2016 EXPANSION DRAFT: TUESDAY, DECEMBER 13TH AT 2PM ET
>tfw your team fucks up and lets Minnesota or Atlanta steal someone good

Someone is going to draft Brad Evans again right after his team wins the cup

I think that's the worst part about last night, this guy is feeling smug as fuck right now

pls no

We need to get rid of the shitty collelge superdraft already and use only academy affiliated players in the draft.

College sawker was a mistake

Have the lists of protected players been released?

Were the last 2 Finals the worst? I think only Colorado's fluke win was worse

tomorrow

yesterday's game was easily the worst MLS playoff game I've ever seen

I agree and i'm a Sounders fan.

>every team can get one of their players taken from them and there's jack shit they can do about it
>player gets no say in where they go either
What the fuck is this gay shit? How can you guys unironically pay attention to this wank league?

of course it was

but both teams played to the absolute peak of their defensive ability.

have never seen roman torres and michael bradley play so well. those were like top 3 career performances

They do it in other US leagues too. It's to give expansion teams a fighting chance. In the NFL for instance, most of the early expansion teams were terrible. but by allowing the expansion teams to draft players from other teams, they get instant experience and team leaders that can help guide the young teams.

The draft is for the sake of competitive balance.

MLS teams get to protect the majority of their roster too, and expansion teams can only take 1 player per team. So it isn't the end of the world.

It's dumb shit that happens when your teams aren't independent clubs but merely franchises of the league.

That's how we roll in America.

Even if a player gets taken from a team, they can easily find another capable player from their developmental USL team, team academy, or the superdraft.

Ex post facto rationalisation. If the player was truly disposable why did the team keep him on their roster at all?

Columbus has one of the worst back 4 in the league. You are excited to get Parkhurst who is only getting worse with age.This is not a good thing for you.

for depth purposes.

the very worst scenario is that your team loses a solid back up on the depth chart. If a team can't fix that via free agency, the draft, or the minor leagues, that is their problem.

No, if the established first team squad player could easily be replaced by some unproven rookie then you'd simply sell the established player for a fee and promote the youth player in his place.

You could break into my house, steal my TV, and I could afford to replace it, but that doesn't make the initial theft OK.

again, its for the sake of competitive balance.

Because the MLS is still young and expanding, it needs to do this in order to make teams somewhat competitive and not just filled with 3 designated players and a bunch of rookies who go out and shit it up.

Its not the ideal solution, but it works for the most part. It will eventually stop too once the MLS cools down on expansion.

It's only 'necessary' because of . If you had a normal football league it wouldn't be necessary.

Depth
Familiarity
Favorable contract terms

>once the MLS cools down on expansion
bruh, we're going all the way to 72 teams and AFC Anchorage

>tfw it's offseason /mls/ again
time to get comfy boys

American sports leagues have always been very centralized. The MLS is more centralized than most, but its still how we tend to organize our leagues.

The players tried to force the league to be less centralized in the late 90's with an antitrust lawsuit, but they lost. If it wasn't for the league being one single entity it probably would have folded in its early years.

Any chance for the quakes to not be a steaming pile of shit next season?

they had a big sale at red bull arena and i asked for a grella jersey but they printed a sean davis jersey and when i told them they were embarrassed and sold me both for the price of one :0)

good, can switch them out when the real ny team does that program again.

lets hope the same result follows this year :0)

PAY RESPECTS TO MIAMI

BECKHAM TO DROP"""

west >> east

>Soon

Who the fuck are the galaxy going to get to be DPs replacing keane and Gerrard?

It better not be what the rumors are suggesting that its fucking Jermaine Jones for one slot.

Also who is manager now that arena is gone?

Klinsmann

I can actually see that happening especially because Klinsmann lives in Orange County and his kids go to elementary school there. So unless he gets a job in EPL (he wont) then I see galaxy being a perfect fit for his personal life.

But I don't think his tactics and philosophy will mesh well with the current roster minus keane/gerrard/donovan.

I can't even think of any old europe players who are above 30 years in age who would even consider making a move to MLS right now. There were rumors that Rooney may consider the move to MLS but that was months ago during his spat with mou. Maybe schweinsteiger?

>Expansion draft

HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD

Ah, c'mon, the ref was letting a ton of shit go on both sides. I would prefer that he didn't, but he was at least consistent.

Anyway, yeah, MLS Cup playoffs are mostly a crapshoot. Best you can do is punch your ticket every year and hope you hit it in form and healthy, and then get a few bounces to go your way. The Sounders' number just came up this time. It'll come up for you guys at some point if you remain good enough to make the playoffs consistently.

latimes.com/sports/soccer/la-sp-galaxy-offseason-20161211-story.html

They're taking a whole different approach this year. I'm not thrillered about jones either. Nothing was mentioned about Mc Bean but hoping they'll bring him back for 2017.

Also to add to my point about Klinsmann living in Orange County, the galaxy's president Chris Klein's kids go to/went to the same school Klinsmann's kids are going to now. So they are probably talking to each other in more ways than one.

who gives a shit where he lives and who's he's buddies with. I don't see him as a good fit for the Galaxy. The guy doesn't take responsibility for his actions and he's always mending shit up. >Muh experimental tactics.

Good lord Brad Evans is sexy

>TUESDAY the THIRTEENTH
Welp, my team's fucked.

>Soon

>M
Is that a bank

I really really like this club. Is NASL kill?
Most likely Mercedes

merit isn't shit here. see all the inside guys getting fired and rehired by other franchises.
colonies don't get teams

Knowing the president of a team goes a long way. Personal relationships in business go a long way. I would not be surprised at all if Klinsmann gets the job and frankly I would prefer him to get the job over whoever the fuck else you think should get it.

>colonies don't get teams

Why not? They use the same money as us and you dont need a passport.

So does Pogba join Atlanta United after he flops at United?

>Chicago trades Sean Johnson to Atlanta for GAM/TAM at a discount because he wants to play in his hometown
>Atlanta promptly trades him to NYCFC for more GAM/TAM than they got him for

Atlanta's front office confirmed for dirty fucking niggers

expect any thing different?

>Atlanta
>dirty niggers
SHOCKING

The only United Flop joining Atlanta is Bastian Schweinsteiger

How donald trump of them. Walk on m8

>Expansion draft

Can we at least get a Minnesota >soon poster for balance?

Yeah I get it,networking goes along way is business. But it doesn't always mean it's the best descision to make as far hiring the right candidate. Anyways klingsy is gonna want some real cheese and the Galaxy are strapping down this season. I also don't have someone in mind as a replace for head coach. So yeah it will be interesting.

I mean that la times article suggests that the los dos manager is the prime candidate

That's going to end in a fucking disaster, and you're right they seem to be strapping down and building up cash for when perhaps a big european signing can happen in a year or two from now.

That being said, I would see klinsmann as a better coach to develop a younger set of players rather than manage 35 year olds. It looks to be a rebuilding era for 1 or 2 years.

Also when do next seasons jerserys get announced? I bet outside of all the mexicans buying gio ones van damme will be the 2nd most sold

>I haven't even read the rules

may as well wear a sign, you racist shitbox

2017 KICKOFF WHEN?

In the near future

How does that make sense?

So I can make a team and take Giovinco along with the stars of every other team?

No, read the OP.

MLS teams can protect 11 players and only 1 player can be taken per team. Prospects and academy players can't be picked either.

No starters get taken, only back ups.

Other US sports do expansion drafts too. The MLS expansion draft is quite similar in style to the Major League Baseball expansion drafts that occured in the 90's. In those drafts, MLB teams could protect 15 players on their 40 man rosters. Only one player could be picked per team in those drafts as well.

Soon?

$1 million in allocation money, no DP slot needed for ATL to sign guzan

Forgot pic

Hey, NASL. Make this a thing

NASL about to be dead, bruh

>paying a million bucks for Guzan when keepers grow on trees in the US

Jefferson Farfan to any mls club when?

who

Never heard of her

>NASL
I have some bad news for you, Akiaki

That's so Kauai.