Why does everyone hate this movie

Why does everyone hate this movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

webmshare.com/OG08P
youtube.com/watch?v=5Mcf7xWgxKU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I never thought it was hated?
It was boring sure. But it was alright at the end of the day.

Do people?

Because Simon Pegg isn't funny. The novelty wore off because he just made the same movie three times.

simon pegg wrong for the part.

The only part of this movie I liked is when they're both running and this cool techno song is playing in the background

They hype killed it, it wasn't as good as the other two

Disappointing compared to Hot Fuzz and Shaun. Not sure what it was but I never got as invested as those pictures. It was fine, but just not very funny.

I don't, we can be pals.

this. should have switched roles with nick frost

Simon Pegg needs to cut his losses and adjust to the fact that people have realized he's just making the same movie with the same fat best friend over and over again.

I don't think anyone hates it. It just wasn't any near as funny as Shaun or Hot Fuzz, so nobody really gives a shit about it in general

I love this movie. It does demand to have subtitles on because some of the jokes are so fast I didn't have time to register.

My Personal Order
>At World's End
>Hot Fuzz
>Sean of the Dead

While I recognize most people would either have an inverse of this list or some other variation with the World's End being the worst, I found it surprisingly the most fulfilling in terms of what it provided and what it had to say.

I dont know why, I thought it was better then hot fuzz.

it was boring. i turned it off dont care for bromances

same

nice trips

Ever the auteur, Simon Pegg expertly homages the Star Wars, X-Men, Alien, Godfather, Dark Knight and Spiderman trilogies by making two great movies and a huge disappointment.

JUST

Still has the best non-wuxia Western fight choreography ever put to film.

I think a lot of the "hatred" has to do with fans having known and watched Shaun and Fuzz for so many years now regarding them as close friends, while World's End hasn't sunk in for them yet.

Never heard anyone say they hate it, maybe it hits too close to home with the main character.

Most people like it, stop thinking that internet opinions represent the majority.

Brad Allan's work as a stunt Choreographer is goat. He did the same shit in world's end for Kingsman.

The ending sucked, no character arc what so ever. Simon Pegg's character just kept on being an unlikable arsehole of a protagonist.

I don't hate it
It was just nowhere near the first 2

The whole Cornetto trilogy is fucking amazing t.b.h famalamasenpai

It didn't live up to how good hot fuzz and Sotd was.

Because user is Simon Pegg's character sans the fun and charisma

????

Because it's shit

(((Rotten Tomatoes)))

Hot Fuzz > The World's End > Shaun of the Dead

Would have literally been better as a simple pub crawl, with a bunch of lads just getting drunker and drunker.. instead of all the retarded alien shit.

>7.4/10

it's not hated, it's just the least liked of the trilogy

Except that's not true, he fought for the common man and he did it sober.

I did find it weird, though, that every time the genre conventions pushed the movie into a corner, it just changed genres.

Then it would not be consistent with the theme of the whole Cornetto Trilogy.
>Normie shit suddenly turns weird.

Pehpeh ish hang heemsheeeeeeeelf

the thing is these movies are considered unfunny trash in britain
you, the american, only find them funny because of the zany accents and lingo
spaced/shaun of dead/hot fuzz/worlds end are to britain what big mama's house is to america and viced-versa

Like you've never gotten so drunk that you were attacked by aliens.

Fucking amateur.

that's totally false

I love the first half. Parts in it were some of the hardest laughs i've ever had at a movie. The second half is just so boring, though.

Hot Fuzz is still the best.

This pasta is stale.

shut up retard

I enjoyed the film, Rosamund is a qt

It's significantly better than Shaun of the Dead, and I also prefer it to Hot Fuzz.

>I haven't had a drink in 14 years, Gary.
>You must be thirsty, then.

I don't why but this part gets me every single time.

Then why is Scott Pilgrim so superior

Couldn't agree with you more. I loved all of the little bits of foreshadowing with the names/signs of the pubs as well as the fact that the plot mirrors the opening montage of their first attempt. I enjoyed Pegg and Frost's roles being inverted, and I think Frost did an excellent job of being the straight(er) man. Not only was it funny, but it had some heavier moments that help carry its darker themes home.

This. I thought The World's End had wonderful character arcs and my expectations were constantly subverted.

I saw it after hearing from everyone how disappointing it supposedly was. I laughed all the way through it, I can't get enough of the Pegg/Frost/Wright stuff. By the time 'fuck off back to Legoland you cunts' came along I was just grinning like an idiot.

I can't rank the ice cream trilogy, all three are about as good as each other.

I came to post exactly this, the first half an hour or so is great

>I enjoyed Pegg and Frost's roles being inverted

I thought Frost could only play a goofy slob but i was wrong when i watched world's end.

You sound like my dad.

>Never heard anyone say they hate it

I hated it.
So now you have.

In fact out of the three i only liked Shaun.

son?

Eddie Marsan is one of the goat character actors.

What was it about the movie that you hated?

It was only billed as a "trilogy" in the first place for marketing reasons. Being part of "le epin cornetto" and having to fill those expectations hurt this film.

anyone who hates this movie is a filthy pleb

i didnt hate it

They lost me when the story suddenly turned into an alien invasion and everyone being turned into 'blanks' filled with blue ink. I initially thought they were originally having drunken hallucinations but it just kept going.

I wish it was grounded like Hot Fuzz was.

It's not hated, it's just the worst of the trilogy

It's a great movie, the memers here hate it because it's not as good as the first two.

Because it's shit when compared to hot fuzz and Shaun of the dead

Worst In common opinion. It's actually the most rounded film in the trilogy even if it's not as "le comfy fun" for Wright's "video game" demographic.

I wasn't that impressed by Shaun of the Dead back in it's release era, amused but not enamored like many I knew.

Hot Fuzz blew me away on pretty much all levels. Top tier kinda multigenre mastery.

I really really liked TWE. Pretty much as
and put it.

Though I was never that stuck in the past nor as old, Pegg's character is very empathetic for many.

I liked it a lot, the main character was too depressing though. Made me regret most of my life.

If Gary King can turn his life around after the apocalypse then surely so can you.

I think the Major Apocalypse pretty much saved his life since it turned the world into a place where he can live his wild shit in.

>tfw it'll never Happen
>tfw have to live by the standards of non-collapsed society

He's the best character on Ray Donovan.

Soon my friend soon.

webmshare.com/OG08P

I've always been fascinated by this unofficial trilogy, which is strange because I don't even like comedies all that much. The thing is, all three movies have their strengths, but they're surprisingly not all that similar, so everyone will have different favorites.
In my opinion, Hot Fuzz is by far the funniest. I don't even see how anyone can argue this.
The World's End's drama is the most well done of any of the films, but it probably has the weakest humor.
Shaun of the Dead is best at balancing the two.

>Not unironically wearing a tripp coat and getting shitty drunk while trying to make old friends go on old adventures
Speak for yourself.

It was filmed in my hometown

Bet yer a filthy synth

I liked the ending then again i liked the soundtrack as well, I'm weak for cheesy shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Mcf7xWgxKU

because le hot fuzz xD

That's true. If you're looking at it as an individual movie, it's very well made. That said it doesn't fit the tone of the other two movies in the "trilogy" if you want to look at the three as a whole. First two are comfy fun, this one has a bit more of a serious take, not in a bad way, it's just different.