Why do people pretend that this was bad?

why do people pretend that this was bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DImh0ac-jdQ
criticschoice.com/search?s=dark
deadline.com/2012/12/afi-awards-2012-winners/
imdb.com/event/ev0000620/2012
entertainment.time.com/2012/12/04/top-10-arts-lists/slide/the-dark-knight-rises/
rollingstone.com/movies/lists/the-best-movies-of-2012-20121212/the-pop-spot-19691231
articles.latimes.com/2012/dec/14/entertainment/la-et-mn-year-in-review-best-movies
slashfilm.com/paul-thomas-anderson-admires-christopher-nolans-dark-knight-trilogy/
ipsnews.net/2004/09/rights-latin-americas-prisons-hell-on-earth/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's a big meme

for who?

I didn't really like Hardy as bane and by the third movie I was kind of tired of shit happening to Gotham

Catwoman was kinda silly and came out of no where .

for big guys

i really dislike anne hathaway but i thought cat woman wasn't too bad, still could have picked someone better to be in a skin tight leather jumpsuit

>I was kind of tired of shit happening to Gotham
Then why are you watching a Batman movie?

Nonsense, it's a big one. The biggest one anyone's done since the silent era, in truth

This movie, man.

I barely thought it would live up to the hype, let alone exceed it. I've watching it for four minutes, and it has been absolutely and utterly humbling. My breath is being taken away at every shot.

I just got thrown out of a plane, with ominous growling startling me from far across some rusty, eroded plane against the backdrop of a massive dark blue mountain. Earlier I was marveling at a big guy on a hallway of a white plane. The plane was humming and tinkling piano chords played in the background.

I very much appreciate the cinematography, but most of all, this movie has been an extremely emotional experience for me so far. I could barely pull myself away from my first CIA line. No matter what I'm looking at, I have this excitement and this wonder and frustration that I am inevitably missing so much. I have never, EVER felt this lost. Bane just beckons, wordlessly. What a beautiful, beautiful, titanic movie. I have no words.

Enjoy, everyone. And thank you, Nolan and DC. Jeez Louise.

What happens at the start of this movie? Been a while since I've seen it

I wanted a final battle with Bane, they gave me a plot twist that required me to remember a movie that came out 7 years before.
I didn't.
The first half is fine.

>Why do people pretend this was bad
First of all, "For you."

Second of all, it's because the end of the 2nd movie promised that Bruce would be running from the cops while protecting the city, which would've made a great 3rd movie, but then this one starts and it was like, "Nope, he went straight home and watched TV for ten years."

>directed by Christopher Nolan
it's bad

i live in denver and watched it opening day there was an air of fear in the whole city. i couldnt stop thinking of people being murdered while watching this movie only hours before

Bane a while since I saw it too

>Obsessed with fighting crime due to his parents being murdered in front of him
>Girlfriend dies
>oh nooooo I can't do this anymore I'm traumatised!!
Don't give me that "lolhisleg" shit, didn't stop him from coming back in this movie.
Also Bruce is batman like three times in total, he beats scarecrow in begins, that movie then ends with the jokers calling card. He then beats Joker and fucking retires, then he beats Bane and RETIRES YET AGAIN. The first two movies are good movies but Nolan obviously did not understand/care about what makes batman what he is.

He clearly phoned this one in outside of the plane scene

The plane scene was a complete and total abomination. Its utterly ridiculous on top of seeming to exist only to show everyone in the nolanverse, except batman, is literally retarded. Bane's voice was twice as loud as gunfire. Every line, from anyone, is absolutely ridiculous. Hardy, not wanting to redub all the lines, intoned every line randomly to stave off boredom.

And that's just the first five minutes.

The movie then ineptly juggles numerous themes and plotlines, most of which come from nowhere and go nowhere, for two hours. Any time anything remotely interesting pops up, its immediately discarded. The central conflict is built around the idea a pmc could keep new york under lockdown for months on end (something only done to give batmans time to recover from his broken spinal chord). The movie starts off implying that batman, basically, had the body of a 80 year old stuntman, due to all the shit hes pulled. A concept that is discarded instantly with magic leg braces then never mentioned again, even after hes stripped of all his batman stuff.

Open air prisons, jumps that are "impossible" if you're wearing the giant safety rope, no one ever thinks to just climb the safety rope, catwoman being pointless, the autopilot doens't work, oh wait batman made it work! oh wow batman is alives!!

The point is that Gotham didn't need Batman. They won at the end of Dark Knight, it just made Batman redundant. Hence why Alfred mentions Bruce "just waiting for things to go wrong again."

Why do people with autism think everyone with different opinions is just pretending out of spite?

because Sup Forums is noted for it's contrarianism and disliking something for the sake of it

Bane?

>pretend
If you think this movie is good then holy fucking Christ... you might be an idiot.

>Batman in retirement
>Batman comes out of retirement
>Batman has debilitating lack of cartilage in knee
>Batman gets magical knee brace that makes everything better and lets him kick through concrete
>Ok I guess his physicality wasn't an issue
>Batman fights Bane
>Bane breaks his back
>Batman goes to prison somewhere
>Cannot move because of broken back
>Man punches Batman in the spine a couple of times
>Suddenly his back is fixed and he's fine again
Fuck this piece of shit movie.

Not to mention the fight choreography is embarrassing, and the way the fights are shot is criminally boring. Nevermind the fact that Batman defeated Bane simply by... punching him in the face? He didn't even outsmart him.

Not to mention the fact that Catwoman was a stupid character... who somehow managed to get a job as Bruce Wayne's personal butler despite the fact that a simple background check revealed her to be one of the top burglars in the world.

Not to mention the fact that Batman drove a nuclear bomb a few miles away from Gotham city and then jumped out of the Batwing right before it blew up but somehow survived.

Not to mention the fact that nobody noticed that Bruce fucking Wayne was sitting in a cafe at the end in broad daylight and nobody gave a fuck.

This movie fucking sucks.
Nolan phoned it in, and if you can't see that, then God help you.

Banes entire plan is completely reliant on the entire GCPD somehow all going underground and getting trapped there.

Yes, people tend to codify things in stupid ways to get through the day.

>contrarianism
Which is why there are billions of threads praising capeshit and other blockbusters on a daily basis, right? No, it's just autism. The word contrarian is just a defense mechanism for faggots who can't handle people disliking something they enjoy.

Batman doesn't fight crime because he's needed, he does it for his own satisfaction and somewhat need for revenge, it all boils down to his childhood trauma, which is the same reason why he doesn't kill. He isn't rational about why he does what he does, he just does it because he believes it's what he needs. Also what you're saying really brings up another point that pisses me off about this: Batman doesn't ONLY fight huge supervillains, what he does the most is stop petty mooks and you can't tell me that there was literally NO CRIME at all going on between TDK and TDKR.

Put it this way.

What gets more replies? Praise of TDKR or bashing TDKR? Praise of sndyer or bashing snyder? Why did baneposting persist for four years? Because the scene was so good or because constantly spamming about some of the worst lines ever commited to film was forcing people to realize the movie was shit, despite their expectations and their dogged determination to convince themselves it was even on the same level as TDK?

Bane?

>le prison chiropractor man
That was honestly the dumbest thing about the movie.

i guess we're all just seeking those glorious, glorious (you)s

Nolan is a hack, but the internet will love him no matter what.

>Levitt knows Wayne is Batman because of the look in his eye

That's the thing about nolan's batman, though. He fought crime and won, utterly. All that would have been left for him to do is punch shoplifters and prescription drug addicts. As in a complete and total absence of organized crime, there is no drug trade, thus most (if not all) petty crime vanishes as well, as mugging, purse snatching, petty robbery, etc, etc, is done to support drug habits.

>retarded plot
>audio mixing done by a toddler
>overrated
>miscasting of Bane
>everything involving Catwoman
you can pick and choose

but this would never actually happen ever which doesn't really defend the movie in any way.

>Some of the worst fight scenes I've ever seen in a blockbuster
youtube.com/watch?v=DImh0ac-jdQ
Do you honestly think this is a good scene?
>fight moves incredibly slowly
>Batman uses absolutely no Batman tricks or skills... simply punches Bane in the face
>Camera just sits there while this bafflingly terrible choreography plays out
Did Nolan go to lunch or something?

>>audio mixing done by a toddler
fucking this, I can't stand how Bane is so fucking loud when you can barely hear other people

>final installment of a trilogy
>introduce new supporting characters that don't matter at all
Can't believe Nolan fucking fell for this.
Memes aside, Matthew Modine, JGL, Catoman, and Juno Temple have no fucking reason to be there.
This movie is legitimately awful.

>let's allow cross posting !! what could go wrong !

This audio mixing in this movie is an embarrassment all around. I have to imagine that post was rushed.
I took a sound design class in college, and the teacher actually played some Bane scenes to show how NOT to mix dialogue.

It's not "bad", per se, but it's just not as good as the prior installations.

>Catwoman played by Anne Hathaway
My sides never recovered
Watching her trying her damndest to play "le streetsmart badass" is pitiful

Nigger are you retarded

It is "bad" per se.
It is legitimately awful.
See

They clean up the systemic corruption of gotham and shatter the organized crime rackets which leaves a major metropolitan police force to focus on street level crimes. The kinds of things cops are capable of handling.

But the movie is just fucked as far as pacing goes. Nolan doesn't do a good job of decompressing his movies.

i liked the part when his voice is the loudest thing in an airplane with a door open.

>TDKR
>Bad

LOL

91/100 Critics' Choice
criticschoice.com/search?s=dark

TDKR Cinemascore: "A"

88% RT, 8.0 average rating (8.0 Top Critics)

78/100 Metacritic, 10 perfect scores

>The Dark Knight Rises was crowned by Forbes as the best modern comic book superhero adaption on screen, outranking both its main summer blockbuster competitor, Marvel's The Avengers, and the trilogy's previous installment The Dark Knight.

>The Telegraph granted the film a maximum score of five stars, stating that it is "a superhero film without a superhero," comparing it with The Godfather Part II and praising Hardy's performance as well as the film's intricate plot and narrative.

>The Los Angeles Times thought the film was "potent, persuasive and hypnotic" and that it was "more than an exceptional superhero movie, it is masterful filmmaking by any standard."

The American Film Institute ten-best films of 2012 list.
deadline.com/2012/12/afi-awards-2012-winners/

Southeastern Film Critics Association best films of 2012
imdb.com/event/ev0000620/2012

TIME magazine best films of 2012
entertainment.time.com/2012/12/04/top-10-arts-lists/slide/the-dark-knight-rises/

Rolling Stone best films of 2012
rollingstone.com/movies/lists/the-best-movies-of-2012-20121212/the-pop-spot-19691231

Los Angeles Times best films of 2012
articles.latimes.com/2012/dec/14/entertainment/la-et-mn-year-in-review-best-movies

Paul Thomas Anderson Admires Christopher Nolan’s ‘Dark Knight’ Trilogy
slashfilm.com/paul-thomas-anderson-admires-christopher-nolans-dark-knight-trilogy/

RedLetterMedia: Emotional visceral poetic epic, only batman movie about batman

>be on Sup Forums since '03
>browse every board
>time passes
>people start talking about home boards
>call them retarded faggots
>people with "home boards" start bitching about people from other boards posting on "their" board

Every day I continue to live seems as punishment for not killing myself.

I seriously hope this is pasta.

Ending all high level crime is literally the entire point of TDK. The entire reason batman takes the blame for dent's death.

How do you miss this?

It doesn't matter if that's the point because it's a retarded fucking point. There is no final solution to supply and demand, it goes so far beyond suspension of disbelief it's obnoxious.

it's a Sup Forums pasta newfags

>since 2003
lol, just let me lol. There wasn't even website then, most likely you arrived last weak

Is this the one with the shitty acting?

In all fairness

There's a lot of faggotry going on in board like lit mu and co

>Sup Forums pasta
Well that would explain it, I don't fucking browse Sup Forums you autist.

no

If the supply is illegal (thus complex) then breaking up every organization capable of handling supply means demand either has to move to another city or find some other means of fulfilling itself.

Demand doesn't magically create supply.

>Sup Forums didn't exist in '03

Let me guess, you believe that because the archives don't go back that far.

Well, Sup Forums is mainstream. With the mainstream comes faggotry.

There's literally no helping you if you're this autistic to the point to where you don't think profit motive won't automatically spawn new supply chains for contraband. Remember when they killed Pablo Escobar and cocaine disappeared forever? Neither do I.

s/won't/will

BAN Sup ForumsIRGINS

NOW!

Remember how batman basically made columbia his home and vowed to stop all cocaine exportation? Neither do I.

The point you're missing is any attempt to establish a completely new major supply chain in a city that has zero organized crime would be instantly identifiable to the police force who, now, without organized crime to deal with, are capable of shutting down the street level dealing that would have to happen and walking up the very, very short chain and busting it up.

Escobar falling didn't affect cocaine exportation because columbia was (and is) a shithole that barely functions on any level. Killing escobar left everyone he was ever involved with to go and start their own similar operations in relative security, as without some huge target like escobar, columbia simply couldn't do much against anyone.

Not to mention the hard drug industry was kickstarted by the CIA in order to give the poor, of a great many countries, something other than the communist promises of equality, comfort, and ease to lust after. Something that just so happened to be fundamentally capitalist in nature.

Honest to god there is no helping you, you're so convinced of the infallibility of police departments (and a single billionaire vigilante who beats people up instead of killing them) that you refuse to believe that an organized crime group could possibly be replaced by another upon their downfall.

Or I'm aware that all currently existing criminal organizations have long histories and are highly networked, and getting another one off the ground in a complete vacuum of any sort of high level criminal/corruption connections is basically impossible.

But hey, that's where thinkin gets ya

Jesus Christ you're fucking delusional.

>Bruce fixes lesbian cat woman and winks at the camera

jesus christ you know shit about shit

>Batman drove a nuclear bomb a few miles away from Gotham city and then jumped out of the Batwing right before it blew up but somehow survived.
Almost forgot about that part. Thanks for reminding me why this movie was awful

Yes, all gangs have been established for hundreds of years and no new ones have ever popped up in the meantime because of the sheer competence of the law enforcement tasked with stamping them out. You're extremely intelligent, I defer to your intellectual authority on this matter.

Gangs are street level crime that require higher level connections to do anything but loiter.

Capeshit fans are entertainment first. Close to muh comics second.

Yes, it's all petty street-level shit. That's why they put Larry Hoover in ADX Florence instead of a normal fed can. I'm honestly astounded that you have enough brain activity to breathe.

This movie wasn't good. The acting was awful, it was a memefest.

Atleast it spawned /bane/.

So in your little world, street gangs grow their own coca and poppies and process it, themselves into cocaine, crack, and heroin to sell on the street?

I mean you're all upset and shit, care to elaborate on exactly how I'm wrong beyond dropping names of people who testified against connected organizations? If you can at all?

Gee I dunno.

I have literraly 0 cartlilage in my knee and im totally fine without a brace

>totally fine
Oh yeah? Do you do Batman-type levels of extremely physically stressful activity?
Didn't think so.
Fuck off.

Literally not the point nigger, you're claiming that it's impossible for new criminal organizations to pop up and replace old ones. Historical precedent shows this is bullshit. Police are not and never have been that competent. I don't know how to possibly be clearer about the fact that there will never be a void in crime (drugs especially) when poverty and demand exist.

>bane puts batman in supposedly the worst prison in the world
>hell on earth
>it has a flat screen tv with the news running

also

>the police are in the sewers for months
>once out they charge at a group of heavily armed well trained mercenaries
>the mercenaries choose not to shoot them but instead engage in hand to hand combat

I exercise, run, leg presses, lunges, etc....not to mention my job is in construction so all i do all day is carry heavy objects like bags of concrete and large portions of sheet metal
If you take into account that Batman is in a movie and therefor is afforded the best circumstances possible...then yeah that part isn't much of a stretch

this movie would have been great if it didn't take itself so seriously

Even those Colombian hellhole prisons where 40 people live in a single cell do have televisions.

Why does Bale never get any blame for his rendition The Bat while Affleck gets all the credit for his?

Never in history has there been an instance where literally every member of a criminal organization has been arrested tried and convicted. In every major investigation into any criminal organization, a large portion of that organization goes completely unprosecuted, and then, those unaffected members just start right back up again.

the point in nolan's batman situation is, without any sort of organized criminal organization, all start-ups would have to start with petty/street crime, which the police can handle, considering the crime rate in gotham has been drastically reduced as a result of literally all organized crime being removed.

But hey, keep oversimplifying the issue and ignoring factors if all you want is reply. I'm starved for discussion so I'll keep replying as long as you post something even remotely discussable.

central american prisons are places where you can bring your entire family to live with you, and they can come and go as they please. So, no those prisons are not accurate representations of "hell on earth.

You completely missed my original point then, which was that that idea of it literally all disappearing (and then not reappearing once they all got out of jail) to the point where Batman could just hang up his cape went so far beyond suspension of disbelief that it fucked up the movie (among other issues).

Colombia is not in Central America and yes, Colombian prisons are regularly referred as hell on earth such as here: ipsnews.net/2004/09/rights-latin-americas-prisons-hell-on-earth/

must be a pasta.

No fucking clue

Batmans comeback was so lame.

Should've said "this city doesn't have my permission to die" or something.

Even on some shit 240p webm - the IMAX format just looks great - big picture shallow focus

I wish more directors weren't cucked by the producers and demanded to shoot IMAX

best one ive heard by far

>"I demand to use this extremely expensive shooting process that requires the distributor to book exclusive expensive theaters to properly advertise and utilize this type of film"

How do you expect that to go? That chunk of the budget could go to effects or location shooting or time to plan more intricate camerawork. Why throw away that leverage on slightly higher image resolution?

Because it's not as good as TDK and not as memey as TDKR.